April 30, 2024, 10:12:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 16205 16206 16207 16208 16209 16210 16211 16212 16213 16214 16215 16216 16217 16218 16219 16220 16221 16222 16223 16224 16225 16226 16227 16228 16229 16230 16231 16232 16233 16234 16235 16236 16237 16238 16239 16240 16241 16242 16243 16244 16245 16246 16247 16248 16249 16250 16251 16252 16253 16254 [16255] 16256 16257 16258 16259 16260 16261 16262 16263 16264 16265 16266 16267 16268 16269 16270 16271 16272 16273 16274 16275 16276 16277 16278 16279 16280 16281 16282 16283 16284 16285 16286 16287 16288 16289 16290 16291 16292 16293 16294 16295 16296 16297 16298 16299 16300 16301 16302 16303 16304 16305 ... 33307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369579 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:39:44 PM

In a day or two I'm thinking that 860-870 will be retested, then hopefully bounce from there into the 900s.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
osmotic

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:40:53 PM

I really don't understand this thing wi th Trump.
I watched the show now and was good to watch him saying we will give power to people, when he say we not only transfer power from one president to another but today we transfer power to you to people.

What is the relation of BTC and Trump compare to price??

Also please have a look on that about ETF
http://www.coindesk.com/ex-gemini-lawyer-sec-unlikely-to-approve-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf/

All people here in the forum spoke about a YES on ETF but the news look different..

Maybe is the same how news spoke about Trump before elections and after the result was different? who knows...

None of the commentators to that story agree with it. In this one the commentator asks why Mr. Castillo is an "EX"-Gemini lawyer, and suggests that's the reason he's saying Gemini won't get approved.

http://disq.us/p/1ffhslx

Dan   2 hours ago
First the article quotes him as saying, "It seems unlikely, among all the other reasons, that the commission is going to want to move forward with a product where the major trading is done on an exchanges that may not be following our AML guidelines."

Yet almost immediately after, the article goes on to acknowledge that China is, in fact, making efforts to implement AML practices:
"That, coupled with the China government’s recent crackdown on cryptocurrency exchanges and anti-money laundering practices, makes for an even less likely approval, he said."
Yet in the second comment, the Chinese crackdown is evidence of somehow dissuading the commission from approval. What?
I would be interested in knowing why Mr. Castillo is an "EX"-Gemini lawyer and if he has any ulterior motives to insinuate that Gemini does not get approval.
Gussius

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:41:20 PM

I'm surprised the Bitcoin price didn't skyrocket when Trump basically told the rest of the world "Fuck You".

Or maybe it did skyrocket in other country's currencies and the dollar just became stronger?

Why would it have scyrocketed?
Did you bought more bitcoin because Trump gave his speach? Markets move in my understanding on anticipation, there's nothing new here. I think that it's possible in our tiny market, that whenever news hit the news, there is always a bear or a bull waiting to move the market. In anticipation.
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:46:44 PM

i love trump!  Grin

I watched the show now and was good to watch him saying we will give power to people, when he say we not only transfer power from one president to another but today we transfer power to you to people.

trump is all about free markets, limited government, individual freedoms etc etc

kinda like mr. bitcoin
Killerpotleaf

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:49:53 PM

In a day or two I'm thinking that 860-870 will be retested, then hopefully bounce from there into the 900s.

I agree with you there, i think a new "all time recent low" is possible ( like 720?690? ) within a few weeks , but unlikely, very unlikely, and the retest of the mid or low 800's will make that clear.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:56:10 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 07:08:41 PM by conspirosphere.tk

It's about expectations and BTC as a refuge asset when the SHTF everywhere (or is expected imminently to do so).

If now many expect that Trump can someway do miracles and fix the mess BTC would have much less appeal compared to a panic on the markets.

Add that the euro is going down the drain maybe even this year and I have great expectation on BTC price starting from the autumn.

edit: here's the usual effect on gold of Inauguration Years Since 1974:

https://twitter.com/MarkTOByrne/status/822519819572486144
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:08:19 PM

Also please have a look on that about ETF
http://www.coindesk.com/ex-gemini-lawyer-sec-unlikely-to-approve-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf/

All people here in the forum spoke about a YES on ETF but the news look different..

Maybe is the same how news spoke about Trump before elections and after the result was different? who knows...

None of the commentators to that story agree with it. In this one the commentator asks why Mr. Castillo is an "EX"-Gemini lawyer, and suggests that's the reason he's saying Gemini won't get approved.

http://disq.us/p/1ffhslx

Dan   2 hours ago
First the article quotes him as saying, "It seems unlikely, among all the other reasons, that the commission is going to want to move forward with a product where the major trading is done on an exchanges that may not be following our AML guidelines."

Yet almost immediately after, the article goes on to acknowledge that China is, in fact, making efforts to implement AML practices:
"That, coupled with the China government’s recent crackdown on cryptocurrency exchanges and anti-money laundering practices, makes for an even less likely approval, he said."
Yet in the second comment, the Chinese crackdown is evidence of somehow dissuading the commission from approval. What?
I would be interested in knowing why Mr. Castillo is an "EX"-Gemini lawyer and if he has any ulterior motives to insinuate that Gemini does not get approval.

These are all good points including the ones made by Dan.

From the start, I was a bit skeptical of any claim that asserts a 95% chance of such a thing not occurring based on the reasons that were provided

i love trump!  Grin

trump is all about free markets, limited government, individual freedoms etc etc

kinda like mr. bitcoin

Except you gotta throw the self-dealing, narcisisms, attention whoring, bullying behavior and the attempts to be shocking, contrarian and unpredictable in there... so I am not sure about whether you can really either pinpoint him or to suggest that he is anything that is positive, except to the extent that he is likely to contribute considerably to chaos (whether that is a good thing, seems questionable)

Killerpotleaf

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:11:28 PM

i bet all the retards that protested trumps victory, listen to his speech today and thought to themselves:

" but what about world peace?  Cry if we work together we can make the whole world gr8 again. Cry i was promised a female president  Cry "
Killerpotleaf

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:21:26 PM

Except you gotta throw the self-dealing, narcisisms, attention whoring, bullying behavior and the attempts to be shocking, contrarian and unpredictable in there... so I am not sure about whether you can really either pinpoint him or to suggest that he is anything that is positive, except to the extent that he is likely to contribute considerably to chaos (whether that is a good thing, seems questionable

dude you're brainwashed.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:51:02 PM

Trump inaugurated, Bitcoin yawns.

During the honey moon about next 6 months I expect the USD to stay strong, then when reality will start sinking in from the third quarter it will get interesting. A time window in the short to medium term for latecomers to accumulate.

You may be generous in giving the honeymoon 6 months.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/20/president-trump-honeymoon
That's the same establishment propaganda that told us for nine months that Trump had no chance in the first place. There's no excuses for him not getting his way on most things considering he has the entire Congress at his back. Not to mention all the bitcoin friendly people in his cabinet.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:02:26 PM

Except you gotta throw the self-dealing, narcisisms, attention whoring, bullying behavior and the attempts to be shocking, contrarian and unpredictable in there... so I am not sure about whether you can really either pinpoint him or to suggest that he is anything that is positive, except to the extent that he is likely to contribute considerably to chaos (whether that is a good thing, seems questionable

dude you're brainwashed.

Ok.. sure, chaos can contribute to value when it comes to things such as bitcoin and prices and things like that can improve because of chaos, but it remains considerably questionable whether having goofballs likely destroying and redistributing public value to themselves and friends (in an higher proportion than usual) is good for society as a whole.

I personally would not prefer the occurrence of societal destruction merely in order that the price of my bitcoins would be more likely to go up... I also don't really care that much about my own personal wealth, as long as I am doing well, I don't need to be super rich and I am happy fitting in as "normal" rather than considering ways that I could get rich at the expense of others.. so I don't praise folks who seem to have those kinds of values, such as the orange headed conman who seems to be currently in charge of the nuclear arsenal of the usa...  Tongue Tongue
Killerpotleaf

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:26:11 PM

dude you're brainwashed.

goofballs likely destroying and redistributing public value to themselves and friends  
currently in charge of the nuclear arsenal of the usa

you dont seem to understand how trump works...

trump sees a broken down golf course, hotel, or country.

and then, he makes it gr8 again.

what's that worth you??? ah ah ah, what you willing to pay for that!!!

ungrateful little shit.

... no hard feelings, after all, this is the internet, and your my buddy. Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:52:49 PM

dude you're brainwashed.

goofballs likely destroying and redistributing public value to themselves and friends  

ungrateful little shit.

... no hard feelings, after all, this is the internet, and your my buddy. Cheesy

yeah... we are little internet buddies.   hahahaha   Wink 

In the end, I do kind of think that the short-term price of the orange-headed monster is actually priced in, but surely there are going to be some likely market shaking occurrences in the coming months, and since the specifics are not currently known, it is somewhat difficult to plan ahead regarding BTC price direction based on such quasi-known unknowns.. except to attempt to some kind of current and ongoing protections for price movements in either direction.

It would be nice to see another shot at the ATH in the coming 2-3 months, yet currently we are only a few (maybe four) weeks into the current unsettled price range of $800s to $1100s... so it could take a bit of time to break one way or another out of this quite broad range... no?

Killerpotleaf

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 09:02:34 PM

dude you're brainwashed.

ungrateful little shit.

yeah... we are little internet buddies.   hahahaha   Wink  

In the end, I do kind of think that the short-term price of the orange-headed monster is actually priced in, but surely there are going to be some likely market shaking occurrences in the coming months, and since the specifics are not currently known, it is somewhat difficult to plan ahead regarding BTC price direction based on such quasi-known unknowns.. except to attempt to some kind of current and ongoing protections for price movements in either direction.

It would be nice to see another shot at the ATH in the coming 2-3 months, yet currently we are only a few (maybe four) weeks into the current unsettled price range of $800s to $1100s... so it could take a bit of time to break one way or another out of this quite broad range... no?

jobs will be created and USA will begin to be richer ( its poeple not its government )
but the dollar will crash and media will blame trump

bitcoin will profit big time.
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 10:14:05 PM

I have just had my first practice at drawing lines on a Bitstamp chart and I hereby predict that around midnight on 22nd January UTC (that's the midnight after 21st January), the trend will decide whether it's going to go up or down  Tongue

If it decides it's going down, we'll see €760 ($813 USD?) by the early hours of 27th January.

I could show you my pic but I'm not subscribed to any of those image sharing sites and pastebin won't do images.  I'm curious to see how far out I am though  Grin
r3ckt

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 10:18:58 PM

I have just had my first practice at drawing lines on a Bitstamp chart and I hereby predict that around midnight on 22nd January UTC (that's the midnight after 21st January), the trend will decide whether it's going to go up or down  Tongue

If it decides it's going down, we'll see €760 ($813 USD?) by the early hours of 27th January.

I could show you my pic but I'm not subscribed to any of those image sharing sites and pastebin won't do images.  I'm curious to see how far out I am though  Grin

If  you Google for "upload image" you will get a huge list of image sharing sites, most of which are free.

This one comes top of the list. You don't have to register, just click the big button and select your image to upload it and get given its URL.

https://postimage.io/
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 10:30:35 PM

I have just had my first practice at drawing lines on a Bitstamp chart and I hereby predict that around midnight on 22nd January UTC (that's the midnight after 21st January), the trend will decide whether it's going to go up or down  Tongue

I could show you my pic but I'm not subscribed to any of those image sharing sites and pastebin won't do images.  I'm curious to see how far out I am though  Grin

If  you Google for "upload image" you will get a huge list of image sharing sites, most of which are free.

This one comes top of the list. You don't have to register, just click the big button and select your image to upload it and get given its URL.

https://postimage.io/

Thanks for that!!  That's useful!  Ok, here goes.  I'm sure it's a load of crappydoodle but please be gentle and constructive  Tongue

Zoomed-out, I tried to identify the long-term support line:

Then I zoomed in and marked the trend top and bottom and the short-term support line:

The times I've referred to are the two criss-crossy bits furthest right.  I hope I haven't confused anybody with my highly technical language  Cheesy Cheesy
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 10:57:58 PM

You want a bargain? All you need is one bitcoin daily chart of Bitstamp on bitcoinwisdom and two indicators. One is the 200 simple moving average and second is RSI at the bottom. If price has a flash crash to the 200 MA or RSI drops below 30 there you go. You should probably already have a $700 buy limit order in at your favorite exchange. May not get filled but hey you made the effort.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:05:55 AM

Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:15:06 AM

What you want to say brother ?
Pages: « 1 ... 16205 16206 16207 16208 16209 16210 16211 16212 16213 16214 16215 16216 16217 16218 16219 16220 16221 16222 16223 16224 16225 16226 16227 16228 16229 16230 16231 16232 16233 16234 16235 16236 16237 16238 16239 16240 16241 16242 16243 16244 16245 16246 16247 16248 16249 16250 16251 16252 16253 16254 [16255] 16256 16257 16258 16259 16260 16261 16262 16263 16264 16265 16266 16267 16268 16269 16270 16271 16272 16273 16274 16275 16276 16277 16278 16279 16280 16281 16282 16283 16284 16285 16286 16287 16288 16289 16290 16291 16292 16293 16294 16295 16296 16297 16298 16299 16300 16301 16302 16303 16304 16305 ... 33307 »
  Print  

Jump to: