April 28, 2024, 11:35:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20551 20552 20553 20554 20555 20556 20557 20558 20559 20560 20561 20562 20563 20564 20565 20566 20567 20568 20569 20570 20571 20572 20573 20574 20575 20576 20577 20578 20579 20580 20581 20582 20583 20584 20585 20586 20587 20588 20589 20590 20591 20592 20593 20594 20595 20596 20597 20598 20599 20600 [20601] 20602 20603 20604 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 20614 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:00:03 PM

Not really lol I admit. They were mentioning all that stuff.
Anyway be of good cheer, the tulips may be over for this season, but the weather's weird and lovely, and the city still stands.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:04:50 PM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

That's...interesting. Innit?

It is interesting that Gavin worked on VRML and ISO standardization (where it promptly got bogged down and died).

I remember the VRML days very vividly, there was a SUPREME amount of hype around VRML. At that time everyone kept talking like by this time in history we would all be surfing the web with VR goggle headsets and everything, literally everything that is on the internet today would be human interaction through VRML-enabled worlds (think Second Life, Ready Player One, etc.). VRML never took off and then it died.

Truly a grand solution looking for a problem that never existed. Reminds me exactly of the hype we're hearing today around ETH, smart contracts, App-based tokens and ICOs.

infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:11:49 PM

Here's a great analysis: https://fewcoins.io/news/bitcoin-price-analysis-still-bleeding-2807
Includes lots of fundamental and technical analysis.
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:31:24 PM

Not really lol I admit. They were mentioning all that stuff.
Anyway be of good cheer, the tulips may be over for this season, but the weather's weird and lovely, and the city still stands.

If you follow bitcoins history you can clearly see how early on it got , 'infiltrated' literally from the word go.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:34:37 PM

Duterte challenges god to a fight to the death:

https://dailystormer.name/madman-duterte-goes-to-war-with-the-catholic-church/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:40:33 PM

Sidechains in theory are great, but there is an unsolved problem of getting value out of them and back into BTC.
So at the moment they are almost useless.

Utterly preposterous. I can't even begin to rationalize that train of thought.

You get your value out of it by opening / closing channels, acquiring something you desire via micropayment, or becoming an efficient router.

I mean, am I surrounded by fucking BCash morons today ?

Lol, I'm a Lightning fan.... I'm talking about SIDECHAINS you fucking moron Smiley

I am far from any kind of technical expert in these matters, but I do read about what other people say and sometimes attempting to distinguish various kinds of sidechains.  

Some peeps (like Bob just asserted) maintain that LN is just another kind of sidechain, and other peeps try to make the matter more complicated by attempting to imply differences that may or may not be meaningful since there are all kinds of variations that could be considered or be built in terms of sidechains - including the possibility that someday, perhaps a large majority of whatever alts are left in the crypto ecosystem and still valuable would serve as some kind of sidechain to bitcoin.

So, yeah pegging a bitcoin value on the sidechain and serving as a kind of "federated side chain" seems to be something that LN is if you have to have a kind of exact number of bitcoins that go in and later come out.  There may be other ways of either federating or giving value to other tokens in sidechains, but I would imagine that any side chain that does not federate value in terms of bitcoin value, would run the risk of being accused of engaging in a kind of fractional reserve banking (which would be frowned upon unless it is kept in a kind of strict control that is auditable or reasonably knowable.. but still possibly down a slippery slope of engaging in a fractional reserves practice).

I see that V8 is quick to the draw, and the linked article does provide some decent outline, too.  Thanks V.   Wink
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:49:36 PM

Really had it in for satoshi
Which, of course, perfectly explains why Satoshi left Gavin in charge. /s
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Who cares
Manifestly, you do. You are the one that brought him into conversation.
Weewy, the weird is wunning wampant this week. <- read that in a Baba Wawa voice.

Nah what I meant was that Gavin is a CIA stooge so why would anyone care if satoshi picked him or not
Once a CIA stooge
always a CIA stooge

realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:50:05 PM

Did anyone catch this Facebook anouncement?

starting June 26, we’ll be updating our policy to allow ads that promote cryptocurrency and related content from pre-approved advertisers.

In other words, whatever coin TBTF banks/Hebrew moneychangers own will be allowed, but no others.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:51:46 PM

Let's attempt to pump the credibility of Gavin, who essentially got booted (or demoted) from Bitcoin based on his crazy ass devolution into proclaiming that fraudster Craig Wright was Satoshi....   What a bunch of bullshit that showed that Gavin's true colors were not in the interest of bitcoin and had digressed way too far, and showed him as a kind of naked that had to be purged of his bitcoin powers.

Now LN is the Illuminati?

While I'm not taking a position on the implications, presumably you are aware that:
- one of Blockstream's biggest investors was AXA
- at the time, Henri de Castries headed up AXA
- at the same time, Henri de Castries was also the Chairman of the Bilderberg group
- Bilderberg is widely considered as the core legal entity of the Illuminati

I cannot see you giving up on your own bitcoin bashing, any time soon.

Gavin, is that you?
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:56:04 PM

Let's attempt to pump the credibility of Gavin, who essentially got booted (or demoted) from Bitcoin based on his crazy ass devolution into proclaiming that fraudster Craig Wright was Satoshi....   What a bunch of bullshit that showed that Gavin's true colors were not in the interest of bitcoin and had digressed way too far, and showed him as a kind of naked that had to be purged of his bitcoin powers.

Now LN is the Illuminati?

While I'm not taking a position on the implications, presumably you are aware that:
- one of Blockstream's biggest investors was AXA
- at the time, Henri de Castries headed up AXA
- at the same time, Henri de Castries was also the Chairman of the Bilderberg group
- Bilderberg is widely considered as the core legal entity of the Illuminati

I cannot see you giving up on your own bitcoin bashing, any time soon.

Gavin, is that you?

Mr CIA stooge - Gavin Andressesesssn

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:56:49 PM

satoshi is a lizardman and he created bitcoin to enslave humanity. the bilderberger are also lizardmen and they developed lightning to speed up this process.

Don't forget that Vitalik is an alien too, the question is, he's a good one or a bad one? Lizardmen are bad or good?
Also, EOS is an alien project too but went wrong (for now) Grin ?

Who gives a ratt's ass about Vitalik or EOS?  You?
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:59:27 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2018, 09:15:26 PM by mymenace

satoshi is a lizardman and he created bitcoin to enslave humanity. the bilderberger are also lizardmen and they developed lightning to speed up this process.

Don't forget that Vitalik is an alien too, the question is, he's a good one or a bad one? Lizardmen are bad or good?

Who gives a ratt's ass about Vitalik or EOS?  You?

But it is important

Vitalik is supported by the Russian Oligarchy linked to the Khazaraian Central Cabal bankers

EOS (Token based on Ethereum) was started by none other than renowned (I love my boys) Brock Pierce linked to Clinton Global initiative and the Khazarian Central Cabal bankers

Got follow the monsters

CIA Stooge Gavin Andresssessnnnn fits in their somewhere

Like a three pronged attack on bitcoin

How events unfolded in the disappearance of satoshi

1) Wikileaks exposes bitcoin (Scares the shit out of Satoshi)
2) Bruce Wagner tells the newspapers its Satoshi
3) Satoshi runs
4) Gavin Adreeesseennnn dicusses bitcoin whitepaper with CIA
5) Bitcoin gets attacked non stop even ongoing today

Why is Bitcoin so dangerous?

First ever block exposes 2 things

1) The theory of everything
2) 500000 bitcoin on hold can be used to create a new currency reserve

(Gavin and Bruce have both been discredited and exposed as charlatans)

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:08:58 PM

Here's a great analysis: https://fewcoins.io/news/bitcoin-price-analysis-still-bleeding-2807

Does that really mean the bottom is not "in" yet?  And that BTC prices have decent chances to touch upon $5k and perhaps go below that?

Perhaps.  But we also have seen these kinds of doom and gloom predictions previously, and for some reason the sellers ran out of coins.

I am not saying that I know, but I could not see giving very much greater than 50/50 odds to such a downward scenario, even any kind of need or decent chance of touching $5k.  Maybe 55% would be reasonable?  Perhaps?
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:17:13 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Does that really mean the bottom is not "in" yet?  And that BTC prices have decent chances to touch upon $5k and perhaps go below that?

Perhaps.  But we also have seen these kinds of doom and gloom predictions previously, and for some reason the sellers ran out of coins.

I am not saying that I know, but I could not see giving very much greater than 50/50 odds to such a downward scenario, even any kind of need or decent chance of touching $5k.  Maybe 55% would be reasonable?  Perhaps?

I'm with you, Jay.  Yes, it's "possible" to go down lower than previous low on Stamp set at $5,780.00.  That low went below the Selling Climax low in February set at $5,920.72 on BitStamp.  That drop below the lowest boundary of the trading range ($5,920.72) signaled the existence of a Wyckoff Accumulation Schematic #1 and not #2.  Which also signaled a STRONG possibility of a Spring (reversal to the upside) and a future TEST of the lower boundary of the trading range one more time before reversal is in the bag.  Even my indicators are showing bottom is near.  Where that bottom will be remains to be seen.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:23:27 PM

Who gives a ratt's ass about Vitalik or EOS?  You?

But it is important

Vitalik is supported by the Russian Oligarchy linked to the Khazaraian Central Cabal bankers

EOS (Token based on Ethereum) was started by none other than renowned (I love my boys) Brock Pierce linked to Clinton Global initiative and the Khazarian Central Cabal bankers

Got follow the monsters

I will grant it to you that there might be some kind of relevance and connection to bitcoin, but since this is a bitcoin thread, vague references to alt coins without providing some kind of context seems to devolve into off-topicness, no?

CIA Stooge Gavin Andresssessnnnn fits in their somewhere

Of course, he has lost a lot of credibility in the bitcoin community, and surely he seemed to devolve from someone with credibility into a person who uses his credibility to engage in reckless attacks on bitcoin... and the craig wright situation was not his first divergence, as you had provided what seems to be another example regarding his CIA visit.. .but there were others, as well, including his pushing of various BIGBLOCK arguments, and seeming to exaggerate the emergency nature of the situation, while seeming to have simultaneous goals to undermine bitcoin's governance by attempting to make changes in bitcoin easier to make... So now that he has his little toy, aka bcash, he should be happy to work with the other fellow dimwits on that seemingly more malleable project... and to deceptively assert that bcash is the "real bitcoin" blah blah blah blah...

3) Satoshi runs

The framing of your ideas expressed in this last part are a bit unclear to me.... because I agree that there are a lot of things going on in bitcoin, but it seems to me that there is even more going on and other logical connections that you have not captured in your above attempt.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:31:17 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2018, 12:29:39 AM by mymenace

3) Satoshi runs

The framing of your ideas expressed in this last part are a bit unclear to me.... because I agree that there are a lot of things going on in bitcoin, but it seems to me that there is even more going on and other logical connections that you have not captured in your above attempt.

..."that there is even more going on and other logical connections that you have not captured in your above attempt."....

That is the correct question!

Fill in the blanks (More to add, a lot of resources)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts;start=0
Satoshis last page of posts reflect hurriedly handing bitcoin off to Gavin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1735.msg26999#msg26999
Wikileaks thread on bitcoin being exposed
Basically, bring it on.  Let's encourage Wikileaks to use Bitcoins and I'm willing to face any risk or fallout from that act.
No, don't "bring it on".
The project needs to grow gradually so the software can be strengthened along the way.
I make this appeal to WikiLeaks not to try to use Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is a small beta community in its infancy.  You would not stand to get more than pocket change, and the heat you would bring would likely destroy us at this stage.

MY LETTER TO THE AUTHOR OF THE ARTICLE:   ( <keir@keirthomas.com>  author of   goo.gl/n0UQt )

I appreciate PC World finally doing an article about the most revolutionary and amazing new technology of the 21st Century so far --- Bitcoin.
However, this really is lazy journalism.
The article implies that Bitcoin was invented as a RESULT of Wikileaks troubles...  as sort of an altrernate SOLUTION to Wikileaks donation funding troubles.
That is NOT TRUE.
The truth is:  Most "Bitcoin.org Forum" members want no association with Wikileaks whatsoever.
The Creator of Bitcoin, Satoshi, has even made a public plea to Wikileaks NOT to accept donations via Bitcoin.
The truth is quite the opposite from the impression that this story leaves.
Most in the Bitcoin Community do NOT want Bitcoin to be associated with Wikileaks in any way.
Bruce Wagner
New York City
+1 646-580-0022
http://bitcoinme.com

3) Satoshi runs
mewantsbitcoins
Activity: 126 Merit: 100 Posts: 917 View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Re: Gavin will visit the CIA
28-04-2011, 07:59:08

+Merit  #17
This is a bad idea and gives me uneasy feeling
But I guess if Bitcoin is going to survive, it will have to go through it. Although, if you declined their offer, it would most probably delayed any action against bitcoin

Edit: and by reading satoshi's post I get the same feeling, that he wanted to keep bitcoin under the radar for as long as possible.

???What satoshi post - this is after satoshi left on the Last Active:    14-12-2010, 02:45:41

I didn't know this topic still came up, are people still looking for him? He is not dead, but he does like his privacy.  Grin

4) Gavin Adreeesseennnn dicusses bitcoin whitepaper with CIA 28-04-2011, 05:00:26
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6652.msg97181#msg97181
I want to get this out in the open because it is the kind of thing that will generate conspiracy theories:  I'm going to give a presentation about Bitcoin at CIA headquarters in June at an emerging technologies conference for the US intelligence community.

fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:33:12 PM

Why Satoshi committed suicide?
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9499

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:49:38 PM

Here's the 6-Day, 7-Day and 8-Day:  Note how close the Stochastic RSI and Phoenix ARI both are to bottoming out at the 0.0% level in all three (3) time frames.  In case you're wondering the relevance of the Stochastic RSI and Phoenix ARI bottoming out in the 6-Day, 7-Day and 8-Day time frames; it simply means we're getting VERY CLOSE TO REVERSAL.

So, those of you hoping for us going down to $4,500 or lower may be in for a rude awakening if you have not made entry yet.  My opinion...

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/P07Gk3YT-Wyckoff-Accumulation-Schematic-Chart-pasted-again-in-comments/

Thanks for that buddy, makes interesting reading. I hope you’re right, I never expected anything sub $5,000 myself. That’s a price which becomes close to a point where miners are not making profit any more.
If the price is subject to manipulation then sub $5,000 won’t be allowed & if so, very briefly.

A trend reversal would be a breath of fresh air to me, fingers crossed.

HODL on gentlemen.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:56:37 PM

I'm with you, Jay.  Yes, it's "possible" to go down lower than previous low on Stamp set at $5,780.00.  That low went below the Selling Climax low in February set at $5,920.72 on BitStamp.  That drop below the lowest boundary of the trading range ($5,920.72) signaled the existence of a Wyckoff Accumulation Schematic #1 and not #2.  Which also signaled a STRONG possibility of a Spring (reversal to the upside) and a future TEST of the lower boundary of the trading range one more time before reversal is in the bag.  Even my indicators are showing bottom is near.  Where that bottom will be remains to be seen.

You may be interested in that link I posted. He also has us in a Wyckoff accumulation 1 pattern, but his counts are a little different.
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9499

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:01:30 PM

You may be interested in that link I posted. He also has us in a Wyckoff accumulation 1 pattern, but his counts are a little different.

Making my way through it now Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 20551 20552 20553 20554 20555 20556 20557 20558 20559 20560 20561 20562 20563 20564 20565 20566 20567 20568 20569 20570 20571 20572 20573 20574 20575 20576 20577 20578 20579 20580 20581 20582 20583 20584 20585 20586 20587 20588 20589 20590 20591 20592 20593 20594 20595 20596 20597 20598 20599 20600 [20601] 20602 20603 20604 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 20614 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: