April 27, 2024, 10:57:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20792 20793 20794 20795 20796 20797 20798 20799 20800 20801 20802 20803 20804 20805 20806 20807 20808 20809 20810 20811 20812 20813 20814 20815 20816 20817 20818 20819 20820 20821 20822 20823 20824 20825 20826 20827 20828 20829 20830 20831 20832 20833 20834 20835 20836 20837 20838 20839 20840 20841 [20842] 20843 20844 20845 20846 20847 20848 20849 20850 20851 20852 20853 20854 20855 20856 20857 20858 20859 20860 20861 20862 20863 20864 20865 20866 20867 20868 20869 20870 20871 20872 20873 20874 20875 20876 20877 20878 20879 20880 20881 20882 20883 20884 20885 20886 20887 20888 20889 20890 20891 20892 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:23:21 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 10:36:18 PM by bitserve

Just checking in with the conservatives here - we all agree that if Trump did a deal with the Russians for them to hack the Democrats emails, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with that?  Getting a foreign power to hack your political opponents is just smart business?  Do you agree?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399461-giuliani-collusion-is-not-a-crime

No, if he directly paid or instigated (colluded with?) someone to hack the servers and publish the emails that would be clearly ilegal.

Additionally, if he was involved in any way on it that could be proved somehow he would not only be a criminal but a stupid and a danger to be in charge of the US. I don't really think the guy is as much stupid and much less his advisors who, were they in any way involved in this issue, would have never even informed the guy about it.

I would be shocked if it could be proven that he was (legally) involved in the crime... if there was such a crime.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:40:52 PM

Going for the intermediate top in 4-6 days. After that, we will see whether it is (i) a 2013 recovery after a small downturn or - more severe - a retesting of the $5,8xx barrier, or (ii) a real bear market with testing and break of the $5,8xx barrier.

But perhaps there are takers for the scenario of shooting up to $10k in this runup  Roll Eyes

How could the situation be "either",  "or" tested within the next 4-6 days whether BTC prices are going up or down? 

Aren't we still within a consolidation price range that could be broken one direction or another, or the consolidation price range could merely shift, expand or narrow?    Even though the set of possibilities are not infinite, there are more than merely two possible outcomes, no?  and more than three too..   Remember the three?  1) Up, 2) Down and 3) sideways....   Even within up, down or sideways, we have more nuances, no?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:48:26 PM

I think there will be a decline again after a few weeks. Later on, it seems like collecting works from the bottom will happen. For the Etherum, there's got to be some more.

What are you saying, exactly?

Alts including ethereum could continue to go down while bitcoin decouples from them and goes either sideways or up, or alts could pump and leave bitcoin behind.   Furthermore a decline of anything, whether bitcoin, some alt or a combination is far from certain, unless you are saying that there is some specific piece of news that could affect all of it, and a BTC ETF seems to be the most crypto dominant piece of news, at the present, but surely some other piece of news could come upon the crypto scene and push price dynamics too, right?
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:56:52 PM

Just checking in with the conservatives here - we all agree that if Trump did a deal with the Russians for them to hack the Democrats emails, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with that?  Getting a foreign power to hack your political opponents is just smart business?  Do you agree?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399461-giuliani-collusion-is-not-a-crime

No, if he directly paid or instigated (colluded with?) someone to hack the servers and publish the emails that would be clearly ilegal.

Additionally, if he was involved in any way on it that could be proved somehow he would not only be a criminal but a stupid and a danger to be in charge of the US. I don't really think the guy is as much stupid and much less his advisors who, were they in any way involved in this issue, would have never even informed the guy about it.

I would be shocked if it could be proven that he was (legally) involved in the crime... if there was such a crime.

You have to admit, there might just be the tiniest possibility that he is that stupid.  I can't see the 'smoking gun' evidence turning up anytime soon, too many people don't want the whole house of cards come tumbling down.  But anything is possible. From impeachment, right through to him getting a second term. Biggest soap opera on the planet, the guy makes the news every time he gets up to pee in the night.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:09:01 PM

Haha, digged old stuff out - still good and correct.

Small blocks was dictated by the 'best' software devs and a fiat based blockstream, blocking on chain stream.

Bitcoin business devs moved on, since on-chain scaling is provenly possible in the global money world.

Sure, not with Raspis, censure and social engineering, but with decent tech and investment like minres already achieved over last years.

Do you have a BIP?  Or are you merely suggesting that folks here migrate over to bcash, since bcash is surely superior to bitcoin with its segwit and lightning network and other second layer scaling, right?

KISS is king.

Complexity will die or never take off.

I agree completely. I mean look at computers, the internet, and automobiles. They're so complex that they'll never take off.

That's why we're still using the abacus, 2 tin cans on a string, and horses with carriages. KISS is king.

We talk about unneeded over-engineering - that's all.

If a road is getting too small and you have space left at its sides, you simply create more lanes - not complex bridges or tunnels and crosses ! (and charge for ppl need to use the safer road)  - esp if all the shops and merchants are already built next to that road.

Grin

You are just making up shit.  Surely sounds like a great analogy, but please snap back into reality for a while, no?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:13:43 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 12:07:14 AM by JayJuanGee

What is cool with bitcoin and the open source decentralized corporation free crypto space is that there is no one to sue or jail if something goes wrong... when ETH was in difficulties there were no suckers to hang...

contrary to the facebook... do you agree that saving the private zuck is a great idea following the total VIOLATION OF FINANCIAL DUTY AND RESPONSABILITY by MS sanderberg? yes, zuck, sandberg must end in jail for 40 years for her crimes...

what are her crimes? like mr dorsey or mr schmidt (beyond fucking underage girls), is that they decided to USE THEIR POSITION IN THOSE CORPORATIONS TO PURSUE A POLITICAL AGENDA DETRIMENTAL TO SHAREHOLDERS.

aka they have prioritized their "goals" vs OUR GOALS.

they have betrayed, they must pay, with their lives...

why such leniency toward the (z)fuck? save 1 : kill 3 seems to be a good warning to those domestic enemies. zuck lives and will tell the story when he watched the death of ms sandberg, mr dorsey and mr schmidt.

Execute her zuck, and you save yourself, forget fb, money... it's life and death.

we are feed with them, they censor, they ban, and then what? force vaccinate? mind reading and control? what else? war? cool... but your WALLS will never be wide enough.

remember it ain't trust, just... 2 orphans less...

save yourself, wipe her. jail : 40 years.

and the bitch is down... or you don't?

will see...

Are you and mymenace the same bot?  

You have a similar dumb-ass quasi-incomprehensible and quasi-nonresponsive style, except your substance leans a bit more bearish than mymanace's substance.

Are B1tUnl0ck3r and mymenace the same person/bot?

I am way too slow in my identification of this issue...   
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:16:51 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 11:41:17 PM by bitserve

You have to admit, there might just be the tiniest possibility that he is that stupid.  I can't see the 'smoking gun' evidence turning up anytime soon, too many people don't want the whole house of cards come tumbling down.  But anything is possible. From impeachment, right through to him getting a second term. Biggest soap opera on the planet, the guy makes the news every time he gets up to pee in the night.

I don't know... the guy maybe mad, even insane... but... stupid? No, he is not. I am sure he is much less stupid that he does seem to be. It's all a pose and a farce that has worked amazingly well for him through his entire life.

And yes... (the status quo) that's another reason I don't think any evidence could see the light.

As I said, no matter what really happened, I would be fucking shocked if some clear evidence on his involvement on that issue would show up.

P.S.: Also when you have that kind of money and power you have access to top-notch advisors that can compensate for any mental disabilities the guy could have. Trump is Trump and his resources, the second being of utmost importance.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4873

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:17:23 PM

I think there will be a decline again after a few weeks. Later on, it seems like collecting works from the bottom will happen. For the Etherum, there's got to be some more.

Alts including ethereum could continue to go down while bitcoin decouples from them and goes either sideways or up, or alts could pump and leave bitcoin behind.   Furthermore a decline of anything, whether bitcoin, some alt or a combination is far from certain, unless you are saying that there is some specific piece of news that could affect all of it, and a BTC ETF seems to be the most crypto dominant piece of news, at the present, but surely some other piece of news could come upon the crypto scene and push price dynamics too, right?

Yeah, tether could print another 300 million again! Smiley

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:36:59 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 11:53:29 PM by Anon136

It’s not that much of a price drop. Why is everybody panicking like a bunch of pubescent teenage girls?

Strap on a fucking sac.

HODL

Haha. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NupxasQWs

I just want to get all of my money off of these banks and exchanges and into wallets under my complete control. I should not need to ask permission or jump through so many hoops just to get access to "my money".

I told this story before so you may have heard it, but I think it bears repeating, I'm sure not everyone saw it. Wells Fargo down right refused to wire transfer money from one of my accounts because "it came from coinbase". People are oh so worried about the risk in crypto as they whistle past the grave in the legacy financial system.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:18:08 AM

Bitcoin got hacked?

Whats up with that infinite dump?  Huh

Hm?  What are you talking about?  

In BTC, there is both dumping and buying going on at the same time.

When the BTC price goes down, there are more dumpers than buyers and when the price goes up, there are more buyers than dumpers.  

Both buying and dumping are seemingly to be infinite, as long as BTC price is below zero.

maybe bitcoin will go down to 5000 and if its happen we will see the long term bullish ! #THE LAST DUMP.

Maybe BTC prices will go down, and maybe they will not?

What happens if the BTC price goes below $5,777 or perhaps below some higher price point is that bears get the signal that there might be more weak hands to shake out.  On the other hand, if BTC prices don't go down that far (such as $5k), then there may not be any additional dumping of BTC.. and therefore, you better get out there and buy some BTC now, because today could very well be the lowest BTC price that we are going to see in the very near future (or even ever again).  In other words, it is probably not a good idea to wait for $5k or anything in that price arena, when it might not happen.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:18:31 AM
Merited by Raja_MBZ (1)

I think you should stick to charting.

Are you and mymenace the same bot? 

You have a similar dumb-ass quasi-incomprehensible and quasi-nonresponsive style, except your substance leans a bit more bearish than mymanace's substance.

Are B1tUnl0ck3r and mymenace the same person/bot?

I am way too slow in my identification of this issue...   

I'm all over it! You were more descriptive, however.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:41:57 AM
Merited by bitebits (1)

As the price drops to panic inducing low prices I will share a few stories for story time.

I finally got my account unlocked on WEX after supplying details of every transaction I ever had with them, signing statements from the addresses of the receive addresses for all of my withdrawals, screen shots of receiving those transactions and sending the IP address of every time I logged into the system.

Congratulations.  Seems like a good sign.  Frequently, there are alternative ways to verify your identity.

My account was locked out but I am not able to withdraw my NMC for 2 weeks (I assume this is how long they believe they will still be around, or they need 2 weeks to pilfer the rest of my NMC).

That's a pretty pessimistic assessment.  It is pretty standard that when an account is unlocked that it will have limitations placed on its withdrawals, and part of the rationale is that they are taking extra precautions in case they have given access to someone claiming to be you, rather than you.  In other words, pretty standard procedure, even though there is likely variation in the security safeguarding procedures from one exchange to the next.

I used to have 21k NMC. I logged in to see 12k NMC and 9k NMCET.

This is the socialized loss issue that took place in August 2017.  Everyone got the same haircut accross their various coin holdings.

From the looks of things WEX was allowing people to withdraw NMC (likely because they could just use mine and that's all they had left). I guess their remedy for opening my account was to create a fake NMC token and distribute that as "just as good as NMC". As people quickly ended up dumping the worthless token lowering the price.

It is very doubtful that they are creating any of their policy and procedure around your 21k NMC.  There are bigger fish to fry.  Of course, they have a run on the bank and liquidation issues that are associated with their current problem, but they are not making broader decisions about your small quantity of coins and your longer standing access issues. 

So now I have to wait 2 weeks and watch as the whole thing implodes. But at least I can watch the last of my NMC get pilfered in the meantime.

Even in NMC, I doubt that there is any exact or known price direction. A lot of alts already took a pretty decent beating, but we also know that any of them can get pumped too... but odds are against most of them, especially in a bear or consolidating period... things can change, but no pattern is for sure in either bitcoinlandia nor in cryptolandia more broadly.
Nilaksha

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 12:45:57 AM

The bitcoin value is average or average at a certain time
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:48:33 AM

Friend, you are in way over your head.  Get out while you can.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:51:44 AM

Yeah, tether could print another 300 million again! Smiley

Oh?  There is a tether print issue? 

This "tether issue" has been put out there a lot, but likely not as BIG of a factor as it is made out to be.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:53:54 AM

[edite out]

I'm all over it! You were more descriptive, however.

I cannot help myself like that.     Wink
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:22:26 AM

https://youtu.be/anwy2MPT5RE
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:49:20 AM

Shitcoins are in the toilet. How do we feel about this then?
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:57:53 AM

Rose:

Who gives a fuck?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:45:30 AM

Shitcoins are in the toilet. How do we feel about this then?

Sounds like an appropriate venue.
Pages: « 1 ... 20792 20793 20794 20795 20796 20797 20798 20799 20800 20801 20802 20803 20804 20805 20806 20807 20808 20809 20810 20811 20812 20813 20814 20815 20816 20817 20818 20819 20820 20821 20822 20823 20824 20825 20826 20827 20828 20829 20830 20831 20832 20833 20834 20835 20836 20837 20838 20839 20840 20841 [20842] 20843 20844 20845 20846 20847 20848 20849 20850 20851 20852 20853 20854 20855 20856 20857 20858 20859 20860 20861 20862 20863 20864 20865 20866 20867 20868 20869 20870 20871 20872 20873 20874 20875 20876 20877 20878 20879 20880 20881 20882 20883 20884 20885 20886 20887 20888 20889 20890 20891 20892 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: