May 06, 2024, 08:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17077 17078 17079 17080 17081 17082 17083 17084 17085 17086 17087 17088 17089 17090 17091 17092 17093 17094 17095 17096 17097 17098 17099 17100 17101 17102 17103 17104 17105 17106 17107 17108 17109 17110 17111 17112 17113 17114 17115 17116 17117 17118 17119 17120 17121 17122 17123 17124 17125 17126 [17127] 17128 17129 17130 17131 17132 17133 17134 17135 17136 17137 17138 17139 17140 17141 17142 17143 17144 17145 17146 17147 17148 17149 17150 17151 17152 17153 17154 17155 17156 17157 17158 17159 17160 17161 17162 17163 17164 17165 17166 17167 17168 17169 17170 17171 17172 17173 17174 17175 17176 17177 ... 33328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373091 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 04:14:29 AM

Ugh so i got a new account, lost my old one years ago.
Been out of the bitcoin world for a few years as I had to sell my stash about 1.5 years ago as I needed the money, knew I would regret it but thats life.
Anyway Im back now and have a small stash of about £300 in various altcoins. My aim is to get back a nice BTC stash.

Just wondering if there is any point in trying to daytrade (not that I ever have, need to learn) with this small amount or am I better to wait until I have thousands in FIAT/coins?

Any feedback would be much welcome

Welcome back. If you want to daytrade crypto, and never have? That is an easier way to lose, than SODL.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:14:58 AM

You never know. ETH went through a flash crash. There's always the chance that real Satoshi (if it is indeed one person and not a foundation) dies and the estate will have to liquidate to pay the estate taxes. (If Satoshi is a citizen of one of the countries that imposes such ridiculous taxes. US citizen would be bad. Japanese citizen would be even worse.) People forget that we have Satoshi's massive holdings hanging over our heads. Maybe Satoshi would never destroy his creation, but do you really think a government is going to care if they crash the market or not when demanding their estate taxes?

Are you retarded to the point you think the creator of the most disruptive technology EVER will have a to pay any estate tax?
Even if he was from USA or Japan or EVEN Brasil (which is not likely to forgive any unpaid tax) do you really think he is as dumb as you to leave declared money to his heirs?
If he could just leave a private key, WHY for God's sake would he leave a Will?
Are you missing something about crypto?
Are you in the right place?
Did you buy this Legendary account?
Because it sounds as retarded as a tax collector conjecturing how to not step off the line.
If crypto was about NOT stepping off the line it would be called Visa or Paypal.
Please respect your mates in this thread, we're here to disrupt, we're here to change the world, not to pay taxes to a corrupt "estate".
drbrockcoin

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

For your listening pleasure, Fuck World Trade!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:18:37 AM

Been out of the bitcoin world for a few years as I had to sell my stash about 1.5 years ago as I needed the money, knew I would regret it but thats life.
Anyway Im back now and have a small stash of about £300 in various altcoins. My aim is to get back a nice BTC stash.

Just wondering if there is any point in trying to daytrade (not that I ever have, need to learn) with this small amount or am I better to wait until I have thousands in FIAT/coins?

Welcome back. If you want to daytrade crypto, and never have? That is an easier way to lose, than SODL.

Thanks. So are you suggesting to not bother trading crypto and to just save up and buy btc, preferably on the dip?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10217

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:28:37 AM

Thanks. So are you suggesting to not bother trading crypto and to just save up and buy btc, preferably on the dip?

The best strategy is to engage in a plan to accumulate coins by dollar cost averaging and buying on dips.  Accordingly, if you have  £10  per week that you can invest every week no matter the price, and then maybe  £300 that you hold in reserve and try to time when to buy on dips and figure out how large of a dip that you want to wait for and how much you expect it to dip.  After a while you continue to accumulate and then you can sell very small portions as the price goes up and buy back as the price goes down.  And, maybe in the longer term after you accumulate more, then you can dedicate a certain portion of your stash towards a form of trading that does not involve gambling.  A problem with a large number of traders is that they gamble too much with their stash and then end up losing it through a kind of martingale type system that ends up losing.
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:29:32 AM

Stop here.

No daytrade! You wanna make some crypto? Buy some RX Vegas GPUs, start mining Ethash coins and automatically trade for Bitcoin.
And HODL those sweat Bitcoins you'll earn. Never sell again. I hope you learned a lesson (I once learned that).

Never sell.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 04:49:48 AM

The fix is in folks. It looks like a lot of bitcoin users have discovered this great currency called the dollar and are buying it all up. I heard that this dollar thing has a feature where it is made from paper. Bitcoin doesn't have that. Should we upgrade to get more users?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:52:47 AM

low value scamcoin.... that's new to me.. LOL. sort of new.. not really. There's a new ICO every day, and this will last for awhile, maybe a year or two or more, then it will just change names or something.

The ones I've invested in aren't that low value anymore, just about enough to cover close to the average annual salary for the typical middle class above minimum wage worker earns. More or less.

If you're in the Philippines like me, forget mining. Meralco (Manila Electric Company) will suck out all your earnings, or whatever electric company is in whatever province you live in, and of course theft of electricity is not recommended. Learn it and have fun, for educational purposes only. But you won't turn a profit. You can certainly try.
drbrockcoin

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:54:46 AM

The fix is in folks. It looks like a lot of bitcoin users have discovered this great currency called the dollar and are buying it all up. I heard that this dollar thing has a feature where it is made from paper. Bitcoin doesn't have that. Should we upgrade to get more users?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10217

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:01:18 AM

The best strategy is to engage in a plan to accumulate coins by dollar cost averaging and buying on dips.  Accordingly, if you have  £10  per week that you can invest every week no matter the price, and then maybe  £300 that you hold in reserve and try to time when to buy on dips and figure out how large of a dip that you want to wait for and how much you expect it to dip.  After a while you continue to accumulate and then you can sell very small portions as the price goes up and buy back as the price goes down.  And, maybe in the longer term after you accumulate more, then you can dedicate a certain portion of your stash towards a form of trading that does not involve gambling.  A problem with a large number of traders is that they gamble too much with their stash and then end up losing it through a kind of martingale type system that ends up losing.

Ok thanks great advice, I had to google martingale type system (learn something new everyday) but I get your point. My idea at the moment is save £200 per month, put £100 into BTC, put £25 into a random (with a bit of research) low value scamcoin (ripple/verge/antshares...) and save the £75 per month until it accumulates and buy btc/eth/ltc on the dip.

O.k.. That sounds like a pretty solid plan, and I hope that you are able to stick with it.  After a few years, you should have a pretty decent accumulation.

Since most exchanges do not seem to penalize for smaller orders, I think that it is better to invest your £50 per week rather than £200 per month ... or if you want to compromise, you could do £100 every two weeks.
drbrockcoin

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:01:45 AM

low value scamcoin.... that's new to me.. LOL. sort of new.. not really. There's a new ICO every day, and this will last for awhile, maybe a year or two or more, then it will just change names or something.

The ones I've invested in aren't that low value anymore, just about enough to cover close to the average annual salary for the typical middle class above minimum wage worker earns. More or less.

If you're in the Philippines like me, forget mining. Meralco (Manila Electric Company) will suck out all your earnings, or whatever electric company is in whatever province you live in, and of course theft of electricity is not recommended. Learn it and have fun, for educational purposes only. But you won't turn a profit. You can certainly try.

Yes well I made a slight profit a few weeks ago when I changed some LTC and ETH for Iconomi which rose in price, so I sold some of them and changed them back into ETH and LTC. But yeah thats what Im talking about, exchanging LTC and ETH for some scamcoins as well as some monthly savings, little by little.

And yes well I mined btc years ago in the UK but I am in Manila and so dont really see that as a viable option. Good to know your living here. I recently joined coins.ph as you can top up using php for btc, although ive not tried it yet. Have you used that app?
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:02:32 AM

But I can buy lots of papers with 1 dollar, why should I hold them when there are cheaper papers around?
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:25:16 AM

thank you. now I understand who is buying the alts and why. it is not only new guys. it is guys who want to recover their bitcoin stash they once had. if one´s resources are limited (who´s aren´t?!) your approach makes perfect sense. buy some alts and hope there is a winner.

isn´t it ironic that bitcoin experiences heat from altcoins ("loosing" it´s "dominance") because of people trying to get more... bitcoins?

it is always the same: bitcoins biggest problem arise from its success.  Cheesy

good luck and welcome back.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 05:25:57 AM

But I can buy lots of papers with 1 dollar, why should I hold them when there are cheaper papers around?

drbrockcoin

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:33:22 AM

thank you. now I understand who is buying the alts and why. it is not only new guys. it is guys who want to recover their bitcoin stash they once had. if one´s resources are limited (who´s aren´t?!) your approach makes perfect sense. buy some alts and hope there is a winner.

isn´t it ironic that bitcoin experiences heat from altcoins ("loosing" it´s "dominance") because of people trying to get more... bitcoins?

it is always the same: bitcoins biggest problem arise from its success.  Cheesy

good luck and welcome back.

HAHAHA thanks yes good point there, I mean if I had to choose only one coin to have everything in then of course it would be Bitcoin. I just see altcoins mostly as a pump and dump scheme although im sure there are a few with valid real world application which is owrth having a long term stake in, but for me personally my priority is to get to 0.5btc, then 1,  then 5 etc
Dakustaking76

Activity: 579
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:11:16 AM

Were going lower
There is No bad news nothing But still its going down
The uptrend ended i think?
Azië is awake already But its not going Well for the crypto
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:29:45 AM

Were going lower

This is the final shakeout before the parabolic rise post segwit implementation.

Everyone needs to watch this recent podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcw-1JZPbvA&t=1

We are most definitely going to be seeing 5 figures soon.
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:09:42 AM

Were going lower

look at the great picture

still good valuation for this year, and this is not the half of year yet
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:19:05 AM

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/YRZvdurN-The-target-of-current-bubble-lays-between-40k-and-110k/

Those of you who know MasterLuc, he has been accurate in the past. Here is his prediction. If this is true then no need to panic.

I don't believe a lot of predictions but for some reason I am drawn to his posts and opinions.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:21:10 AM

HAHAHA thanks yes good point there, I mean if I had to choose only one coin to have everything in then of course it would be Bitcoin. I just see altcoins mostly as a pump and dump scheme although im sure there are a few with valid real world application which is owrth having a long term stake in, but for me personally my priority is to get to 0.5btc, then 1,  then 5 etc
Totally true.
People trading altcoins mostly see this as a way to earn BTC
At least that's how I see it. My trades in altcoins are all from a BTC perspective.
Proof is that I measure how much I earn or lose in BTC. I never tell myself "I made a trade and earned 10 SC" or "I lost 3 dollars" but only think in BTC, and I bet I'm not the only one xD
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:39:01 AM

Totally true.
People trading altcoins mostly see this as a way to earn BTC
At least that's how I see it. My trades in altcoins are all from a BTC perspective.
Proof is that I measure how much I earn or lose in BTC. I never tell myself "I made a trade and earned 10 SC" or "I lost 3 dollars" but only think in BTC, and I bet I'm not the only one xD

No you're definitely not the only one. Most traders use altcoins to increase their BTC stash! That's what altcoins are mostly good for.
And of course some speculate to get rich quick with these tier3, tier4 coins due to extreme volatility and 20x price breakouts.
I don't know any serious trader or investor who is longterm interested (meaning holding) in altcoins! There may be a few. But I'm sure these guys are an exception and not the standard.
Pages: « 1 ... 17077 17078 17079 17080 17081 17082 17083 17084 17085 17086 17087 17088 17089 17090 17091 17092 17093 17094 17095 17096 17097 17098 17099 17100 17101 17102 17103 17104 17105 17106 17107 17108 17109 17110 17111 17112 17113 17114 17115 17116 17117 17118 17119 17120 17121 17122 17123 17124 17125 17126 [17127] 17128 17129 17130 17131 17132 17133 17134 17135 17136 17137 17138 17139 17140 17141 17142 17143 17144 17145 17146 17147 17148 17149 17150 17151 17152 17153 17154 17155 17156 17157 17158 17159 17160 17161 17162 17163 17164 17165 17166 17167 17168 17169 17170 17171 17172 17173 17174 17175 17176 17177 ... 33328 »
  Print  

Jump to: