April 26, 2024, 08:45:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19406 19407 19408 19409 19410 19411 19412 19413 19414 19415 19416 19417 19418 19419 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 19426 19427 19428 19429 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 19453 19454 19455 [19456] 19457 19458 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 19464 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 19480 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 19504 19505 19506 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368349 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:01:41 AM
Merited by 600watt (2)

Racist is a meaningless buzzword, stating facts is now racist, yes jews control the media, and the banks, that's a fact, get over it.
yes blacks on average score much lower on IQ tests and commit a disproportionately high amount violent crimes?  is that ''racist''? don't know, don't care, but it happens to be true.

OMG People of color score lower on Ethnocentric tests. I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your crap.

Get a grip, you're a racist.

P.S.  This thread is about BTC.
*sigh* no. IQ tests are simply pattern recognition. There is nothing cultural about it. That tired old excuse is... tiresome.

And they do commit more crime. About four or five times as much per capita. Again, easy enough to look up for anyone who actually cares.

Socio-economic status is a far more reliable predictor of IQ test performance.  Low SES children consistently underperform
You got it reversed. Low social status and poverty is a result of low IQ.

The strongest predictor of socioeconomic status is the SES of your parents. On that basis only smart babies choose to be born to wealthy parents  Grin
IQ is mostly genetic. There is literally nothing we can do about it, as far as we currently know. Blame your parents if you wish.
I disagree with that notion. IQ is a statistical measure of rather arbitrary test results of tests that can be practiced for. If you really cared you could increase your IQ to 120~140ish by sheer effort. From that point onward we're so far to the right of the mean that no tests really exist in sufficient volume.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zicore47

Activity: 471
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:04:49 AM

Racist is a meaningless buzzword, stating facts is now racist, yes jews control the media, and the banks, that's a fact, get over it.
yes blacks on average score much lower on IQ tests and commit a disproportionately high amount violent crimes?  is that ''racist''? don't know, don't care, but it happens to be true.

OMG People of color score lower on Ethnocentric tests. I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your crap.

P.S.  This thread is about BTC.
*sigh* no. IQ tests are simply pattern recognition. There is nothing cultural about it. That tired old excuse is... tiresome.

And they do commit more crime. About four or five times as much per capita. Again, easy enough to look up for anyone who actually cares.

Socio-economic status is a far more reliable predictor of IQ test performance.  Low SES children consistently underperform

The strongest predictor of socioeconomic status is the SES of your parents. On that basis only smart babies choose to be born to wealthy parents  Grin
IQ is mostly genetic. There is literally nothing we can do about it, as far as we currently know. Blame your parents if you wish.
I disagree with that notion. IQ is a statistical measure of rather arbitrary test results of tests that can be practiced for. If you really cared you could increase your IQ to 120~140ish by sheer effort. From that point onward we're so far to the right of the mean that no tests really exist in sufficient volume.

There is a difference between IQ and Intelligence. The former being only an attempt to measure the latter.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:05:40 AM

P.S.  This thread is about BTC.

Socio-economic status is a far more reliable predictor of IQ test performance.  Low SES children consistently underperform

The strongest predictor of socioeconomic status is the SES of your parents. On that basis only smart babies choose to be born to wealthy parents  Grin
I agree that you can practice for IQ tests, which is exactly why I didn't do it when I took one years ago. Felt like cheating. That said, someone with let's say an "unpracticed" IQ of 80 can't train himself up to 120. There are limits to what is possible, and those limits are inherent to the individual. And even then it doesn't carry over to other areas of life.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:08:19 AM

There is a difference between IQ and Intelligence. The frome being only an attempt to measure the latter.
That's true, Ibian specifically mentioned IQ though. Which is just a statistical measure that can easily be tampered with. I also don't believe that intelligence is static. Genetic or environmental factors may predispose people to take on fewer to no challenges, which would cause them to stagnate in their development. But if you keep throwing yourself at unfamiliar problems and keep trying to solve them you will eventually start improving exponentially when it comes to picking up skills and assimilating general information.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:09:18 AM

Socio-economic status is a far more reliable predictor of IQ test performance.  Low SES children consistently underperform

The strongest predictor of socioeconomic status is the SES of your parents. On that basis only smart babies choose to be born to wealthy parents  Grin

There is a difference between IQ and Intelligence. The former being only an attempt to measure the latter.
The way I think of it is, there is intelligence and knowledge. IQ is like a processor, and knowledge is the programming.

Would you rather have a supercomputer that can only compute prime numbers, or a regular laptop that can do anything? Simply being smart is not enough, it has to be put to practical use.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:10:07 AM

I don’t hold with the level of racism in this thread either.

A ban of Roach would be a good start.  His noodlings on physical silver don’t bring sufficient value to justify his other bullshit.  I don’t give a flip if he has has been here since day 1.

Who has mod powers on this thread now ?

Yes some of his racist crap offended me too and I'm not no bleeding heart liberal. But I believe in free speech,. quite passionately . Best way to counter is with some salient argument or just simply ignore. Besides he does make some interesting observations at times.

Free speech is fine, I'm strongly in favour with some limits - but the internet is full of forums for racists to vent their shite. It's not relevant to this thread, and should get modded (and yes I get the irony that this discussion isn't either).

If it's limited it's not free, you can't have it both ways.

You seem to have your own "limited" thinking, if you cannot imagine ways in which free speech can be limited and still be free.. go figure.  Based on some of your previous posts, this current position of yours that is not willing or able to circumscribe the concept of "free" does not surprise me.
So give an example if you can. Explain your position. Show your work, as it were.

Don't be fucking ridiculous to pursue this trivial and distracting topic.  I have already seen that you have demonstrated your own variety of limitations in thinking too, in your defending a variety of bigoted concepts with simplistic frameworks.  A large majority of the time, there would be little to no fruitfulness to engage in any kind of way with your attempts at interaction that tend to be inciting without meaningful contribution.  
In other words you got nothing. Which is as expected. Lots of words, little substance.

I have no reason to defend or explain anything, especially in regards to an irrelevant and not interesting or challenging topic.  You want to talk about some stupid ass topic that you are interested in to distract from the thread, perhaps?  How does the topic relate to the thread?    Therefore, I am not interested... except to merely label you as irrelevant lacking focus, perhaps.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:15:42 AM

I agree that you can practice for IQ tests, which is exactly why I didn't do it when I took one years ago. Felt like cheating. That said, someone with let's say an "unpracticed" IQ of 80 can't train himself up to 120. There are limits to what is possible, and those limits are inherent to the individual. And even then it doesn't carry over to other areas of life.
I have never seen anybody train themselves from 80 to 120, so I can't even pretend to know whether this is possible or not. But I tend towards believing that sustained practice, perhaps under proper guidance, would eventually make such an increase possible, given that the individual in question actually put their mind into actively improving. And I'd be quite curious to see whether or not such an increase would pass on to first generation offsprings.

And depending on how that "training" took place it might very well carry over to other areas of life, but that'd be up to the individual and the training methods.

The moment I started conflating ideas and concepts from completely unrelated subjects was roughly when I started noticing a substantial increase in my own performance when it comes to learning new things. But that could possibly be just an overall change in mentality, as I used to build knowledge from first principles or from ground up.
Now I use analogies, fill the gaps and then check for logical errors. The latter method is significantly more efficient, but I doubt it would be possible without solid fundamentals.

Point being that there are a numerous potential tweaks to thinking that can be applied to all aspects of life.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:19:41 AM

Who the fuck partially fills a limit order for 0.1 BTC and then goes away again?

This has happened to me quite frequently.  You just  happen to have your order at the reversing point.  I think that it is good sign.

Sometimes the remaining portion fo the order does end up getting filled, but frequently when an order gets partially filled, I get a kind of feeling of how much of a "genius" I am in terms of my order placement... sometimes, I cancel the remaining and sometimes I will just leave it and see if it later gets filled.  If I leave it, then frequently, I will set a partial contrary order, just to cover myself on both and it becomes more fun, because I feel that I get an additional opportunity to make some extra money by setting another partial order on the other end and then just wait to see which one fills first.  That part is like a game, and fun and generally profitable, no matter what.

You mean you don't use "chained" orders? (ie, when a limit buy order is filled a preset limit sell order is inserted into the book and viceversa). I think what you say implies you do that manually... maybe I am wrong or you are referring only to the orders that need to be manually inserted after a "combo" is done.

I have never used any kind of chained order feature, and I have always inserted my orders manually.  I had never even seen or considered any kind of "chained order" feature, so call me a noob or a novice in regards to my methodology.

I have heard that some folks use bots, and I understand that bots could be helpful, but I would be afraid of a bot, such as NOT programming the bot properly.

Actually in early days of my trading, starting in late 2015, I had orders that were set in increments that were less than 1.5%; however, as I have gotten more experienced, I have gotten some of my order increments between 5% and 18%, and currently around 12%, so my orders are just not triggering as often.... and I feel a whole hell of a lot less burdened by the manual attention needed to reset my orders, as compared with the past.  Maybe in the future, I could figure out some kind of bot or the chained order feature that you mention and I had never used or even saw it.  Currently, I am mostly using GDAX, Gemini, Bitstamp and WEX for my BTC/USD trading.

Edit: By the way, do you use "chained orders" and which exchanges have such features?
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:24:14 AM

I have never seen anybody train themselves from 80 to 120, so I can't even pretend to know whether this is possible or not. But I tend towards believing that sustained practice, perhaps under proper guidance, would eventually make such an increase possible, given that the individual in question actually put their mind into actively improving. And I'd be quite curious to see whether or not such an increase would pass on to first generation offsprings.

And depending on how that "training" took place it might very well carry over to other areas of life, but that'd be up to the individual and the training methods.

The moment I started conflating ideas and concepts from completely unrelated subjects was roughly when I started noticing a substantial increase in my own performance when it comes to learning new things. But that could possibly be just an overall change in mentality, as I used to build knowledge from first principles or from ground up.
Now I use analogies, fill the gaps and then check for logical errors. The latter method is significantly more efficient, but I doubt it would be possible without solid fundamentals.

Point being that there are a numerous potential tweaks to thinking that can be applied to all aspects of life.
And again, it has never been shown to be possible to measurably increase IQ. It's been tried.

What is possible is to teach people to think in useful ways. But that's not IQ.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:24:45 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

200 btc wall @ $8500 on stamp was just demolished in a few seconds. Lot of buy pressure today.

Btw the topic of this thread is - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:25:27 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 10:39:57 AM by JayJuanGee

To be really good, you need to sell all at the precise top, and then buy it back at the absolute bottom.  

I doubt anyone actually did.

Perfection is not possible, but getting closer to it is a noble and sensible quest.

My sense is that if you aspiring too much to get exactly right or too close to perfection, then you are being too greedy, and you are engaging in gambling and unrealistic chasing of windmills.

Better aspirations are likely to attempt to be practical when opening and closing positions, and perhaps structuring whatever you do in a way that you win no matter what.... that would be my understanding of a closer approximation of perfection that is not really gambling, but removing emotion and perhaps even removing some of the impossibilities of attempting prediction.

To be really good you just need to be better than the average trader. And for that you don't need to sell the exact top or buy the exact bottom. It's enough to stagger purchases and sales in proportions that depend on the probabilities of price increases/decreases by certain numbers. Finding the probabilities is the trick here, as well as averaging them out in a way that guarantees you a performance band in which your portfolio will fall with a given probability. Doing that requires an understanding of time series as well as the ability to process large amounts of data (beyond just the price charts) though.

Wowza!!!!  Much better said that me.
pacman7331

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:29:27 AM

200 btc wall @ $8500 on stamp was just demolished in a few seconds. Lot of buy pressure today.

Btw the topic of this thread is - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion

Is it a whale? Cuz volume looks pretty low.

Looks like about to hit that fib line again like yesterday this same time. Could be a bull trap.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:33:30 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Who the fuck partially fills a limit order for 0.1 BTC and then goes away again?

This has happened to me quite frequently.  You just  happen to have your order at the reversing point.  I think that it is good sign.

Sometimes the remaining portion fo the order does end up getting filled, but frequently when an order gets partially filled, I get a kind of feeling of how much of a "genius" I am in terms of my order placement... sometimes, I cancel the remaining and sometimes I will just leave it and see if it later gets filled.  If I leave it, then frequently, I will set a partial contrary order, just to cover myself on both and it becomes more fun, because I feel that I get an additional opportunity to make some extra money by setting another partial order on the other end and then just wait to see which one fills first.  That part is like a game, and fun and generally profitable, no matter what.

You mean you don't use "chained" orders? (ie, when a limit buy order is filled a preset limit sell order is inserted into the book and viceversa). I think what you say implies you do that manually... maybe I am wrong or you are referring only to the orders that need to be manually inserted after a "combo" is done.

I have never used any kind of chained order feature, and I have always inserted my orders manually.  I had never even seen or considered any kind of "chained order" feature, so call me a noob or a novice in regards to my methodology.

I have heard that some folks use bots, and I understand that bots could be helpful, but I would be afraid of a bot, such as NOT programming the bot properly.

Actually in early days of my trading, starting in late 2015, I had orders that were set in increments that were less than 1.5%; however, as I have gotten more experienced, I have gotten some of my order increments between 5% and 18%, and currently around 12%, so my orders are just not triggering as often.... and I feel a whole hell of a lot less burdened by the manual attention needed to reset my orders, as compared with the past.  Maybe in the future, I could figure out some kind of bot or the chained order feature that you mention and I had never used or even saw it.  Currently, I am mostly using GDAX, Gemini, Bitstamp and WEX for my BTC/USD trading.

Bitstamp does have chained orders. You should play a bit with it as it could automate a bit more your trading. I don't use bots either, that would be too much automation for me and my smallish trading. This is just for setting an equal higher limit sell order right after the buy order has been filled... and viceversa. But it only does it one time, after the second order is executed (what I denominate a "combo" in lack of a better term) you would need to manually insert a new one (or if you are "live" substitute the standing second order for a chained one).

In bitstamp you just have to go put a limit order as you usually do and then you have a small link that says "advanced" and when clicked you can set at which price the contrarian order will be put AFTER the first one gets filled.

For me it is a VERY useful feature. YMMV.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:36:27 AM

And again, it has never been shown to be possible to measurably increase IQ. It's been tried.

How hard were they trying though? I recall reading a paper from one of the Ivy League universities that concluded that perfect pitch could not be learned in adulthood. And the argumentation, as well as the experiment itself, was lackluster to say the least.
mike4001

Activity: 443
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:36:54 AM

Someone is pumping Bitcoin Cash. +14% on Coinmarketcap (in Relation to BTC)

And nice, hoping for 10k soon (BTC).

My time machine back to November worked.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:38:54 AM

How hard were they trying though? I recall reading a paper from one of the Ivy League universities that concluded that perfect pitch could not be learned in adulthood. And the argumentation, as well as the experiment itself, was lackluster to say the least.
Really hard. As in everything that can possibly be done within legal and ethical means. This is study time on google if that's not enough.
trepper

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:43:01 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), 600watt (1)

The way I think of it is, there is intelligence and knowledge. IQ is like a processor, and knowledge is the programming.

Would you rather have a supercomputer that can only compute prime numbers, or a regular laptop that can do anything? Simply being smart is not enough, it has to be put to practical use.

He (rightly) objects to you that IQ is not intelligence, just a (failed) attempt to estimate it.
Your metaphor misses the point and proves just one thing: you don't understand what intelligence is.

But it's not your fault: your racist brain can't compute such alien concepts, it's intelligent-proof.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:45:54 AM

He (rightly) objects to you that IQ is not intelligence, just a (failed) attempt to estimate it.
Your metaphor misses the point and proves just one thing: you don't understand what intelligence is.

But it's not your fault: your racist brain can't compute such alien concepts, it's intelligent-proof.

How does asserting that genetics play a factor in intelligence make him racist? There's bound to be at the very least some correlation.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:46:36 AM

IQ is the single best predictor for life success, especially the ability to make and manage money. Whatever the actual mechanics, the statistics are clear. That's why the richest people in the world are mostly jews, they are the single most intelligent group of people in the world, followed by chinese and japanese and then europeans. Just how it is.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:47:31 AM

How does asserting that genetics play a factor in intelligence make him racist? There's bound to be at the very least some correlation.
Lefties are at war with reality. He doesn't actually believe what he says. Nor will you ever get him to define what he means by racist.
Pages: « 1 ... 19406 19407 19408 19409 19410 19411 19412 19413 19414 19415 19416 19417 19418 19419 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 19426 19427 19428 19429 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 19453 19454 19455 [19456] 19457 19458 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 19464 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 19480 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 19504 19505 19506 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: