May 15, 2024, 09:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 ... 33353 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26383585 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
miningnew

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:09:37 AM

damn how do you read these things?
Could somebody explain?
gandhibt

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:22:00 AM

damn how do you read these things?
Could somebody explain?

Do you know how order book work? If not, go example to http://www.bitcoinity.org/markets/mtgox/USD and press wtf? from right up corner.

Chartbuddys chart is the same thing but from 1 hour time with 3d-dimension. This might help to see example where walls did go.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 11:51:03 AM

Nightowlace is a well respected member of the community
+1

I might not write on this thread very often but I've been following it since about page 150 and have read plenty of his posts, I couldn't agree with you more.

Seriously! How does one become a well reprective member of this community after only having registered in April, 2013, and considering the following, which just so happens to coincide with the topic on hand?

So I have been selling my Casascius Coins on ebay and today I get a notice from paypal that my account has been placed on "limited activity" until I provide proof of my business intentions, my AML policy (anti money laundering) and other such documents that I do not have and will never be able to provide. So I am stuck on hold with about $5,000 locked up until someone decides that Casascius Coins are "collectible coins" as I have stated and they are from my own personal collection and I am not acting on behalf of any company. Or until they decide that I am actually acting as a Money Service Business in which case I will be locked down until I can provide all of the required documents.

I honestly can not wait until Bitcoin is they preferred way to pay for transactions.

When I got the voicemail that was my first concern. I assumed this was a follow up to the locking oft PayPal account and funds being held. I called my friend who introduced me to PayPal in late 2011. I told him that I didn't know if I felt comfortable with making a call like this to discuss a matter that had been settled. He said a call wouldn't hurt.

When I called back Mike was very nice. He stated that I have sold a lot of Bitcoin on eBay and wanted to know my experience with it and was it positive. I told him that it was a very good experience up until the PayPal incident. I let him know that I thought eBay was one of the quickest and easiest methods for people to acquire bitcoin because they already have accounts and funds attached so purchasing was easy an instant and most people don't want to wait when they want something. We laughed about living in a world where everything has to be "right now". He mentioned that they were considering policy changes to allow it to be sold but he stated that "we can't ask our user to register with Fincen" I agreed its too costly. We then discussed that campbx only makes you register your KYC and AML info if it is above $1,000 per day per person so maybe there is a level of sales they could permit without being a MSB? He said that was a good question and believes it may be a $1,000 threshold. Then we spoke about PayPal already being a MSB so when I sell something to someone abroad and they pay in Euros I don't receive Euros I receive USD so why couldn't PayPal convert the currency a user paid with to BTC and transfer me BTC for BTC? If I sold a bitcoin/Casascius coin for $200 and BTC was $100 at the time of payment they convert it and send me 2BTC instead of USD. Or instead of making that complicated since the payment was being made to PayPal who is a MSB and then transferred to me wouldn't that mean only Paypal had to be the MSB? We spoke a little more about it and he said they are just trying to wrap themselves around it and stay out front.

Like I said I would love to have any hero member call today and verify it to be a truthful conversation. It's pretty simple call him up and say "My acquaintance Adam Graham said that you reached out to him regarding Bitcoin and possibly allowing some use of it on eBay and PayPal and he suggested I give you a call, he felt I would be better equipped to handle some of your questions regarding it as I have been involved with bitcoin for quite sometime" and see where the conversation goes.

I think we will see a policy update in the near future allowing virtual currency sales in small amounts that don't violate Fincen guidelines and possibly BTC integrated into the PayPal system. BTC could easily be integrated into PayPal because you would still need a physical currency funding source attached to your account and if a claim was filed against you and they paid you $200 USD worth of BTC at the time of sale they would simply take $200 USD out of your fiat account. It's not that difficult if you think about it. User pays $200 USD PayPal sends $200 BTC, user files claim and wins, PayPal deducts $200 from your fiat account.

So who is going to call and verify I am telling the truth that I received a call regarding this?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1777

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:02:01 PM

gandhibt

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:15:43 PM

+1

I might not write on this thread very often but I've been following it since about page 150 and have read plenty of his posts, I couldn't agree with you more.

Seriously! How does one become a well reprective member of this community after only having registered in April, 2013, and considering the following, which just so happens to coincide with the topic on hand?

So I have been selling my Casascius Coins on ebay and today I get a notice from paypal that my account has been placed on "limited activity" until I provide proof of my business intentions, my AML policy (anti money laundering) and other such documents that I do not have and will never be able to provide. So I am stuck on hold with about $5,000 locked up until someone decides that Casascius Coins are "collectible coins" as I have stated and they are from my own personal collection and I am not acting on behalf of any company. Or until they decide that I am actually acting as a Money Service Business in which case I will be locked down until I can provide all of the required documents.

I honestly can not wait until Bitcoin is they preferred way to pay for transactions.

When I got the voicemail that was my first concern. I assumed this was a follow up to the locking oft PayPal account and funds being held. I called my friend who introduced me to PayPal in late 2011. I told him that I didn't know if I felt comfortable with making a call like this to discuss a matter that had been settled. He said a call wouldn't hurt.

When I called back Mike was very nice. He stated that I have sold a lot of Bitcoin on eBay and wanted to know my experience with it and was it positive. I told him that it was a very good experience up until the PayPal incident. I let him know that I thought eBay was one of the quickest and easiest methods for people to acquire bitcoin because they already have accounts and funds attached so purchasing was easy an instant and most people don't want to wait when they want something. We laughed about living in a world where everything has to be "right now". He mentioned that they were considering policy changes to allow it to be sold but he stated that "we can't ask our user to register with Fincen" I agreed its too costly. We then discussed that campbx only makes you register your KYC and AML info if it is above $1,000 per day per person so maybe there is a level of sales they could permit without being a MSB? He said that was a good question and believes it may be a $1,000 threshold. Then we spoke about PayPal already being a MSB so when I sell something to someone abroad and they pay in Euros I don't receive Euros I receive USD so why couldn't PayPal convert the currency a user paid with to BTC and transfer me BTC for BTC? If I sold a bitcoin/Casascius coin for $200 and BTC was $100 at the time of payment they convert it and send me 2BTC instead of USD. Or instead of making that complicated since the payment was being made to PayPal who is a MSB and then transferred to me wouldn't that mean only Paypal had to be the MSB? We spoke a little more about it and he said they are just trying to wrap themselves around it and stay out front.

Like I said I would love to have any hero member call today and verify it to be a truthful conversation. It's pretty simple call him up and say "My acquaintance Adam Graham said that you reached out to him regarding Bitcoin and possibly allowing some use of it on eBay and PayPal and he suggested I give you a call, he felt I would be better equipped to handle some of your questions regarding it as I have been involved with bitcoin for quite sometime" and see where the conversation goes.

I think we will see a policy update in the near future allowing virtual currency sales in small amounts that don't violate Fincen guidelines and possibly BTC integrated into the PayPal system. BTC could easily be integrated into PayPal because you would still need a physical currency funding source attached to your account and if a claim was filed against you and they paid you $200 USD worth of BTC at the time of sale they would simply take $200 USD out of your fiat account. It's not that difficult if you think about it. User pays $200 USD PayPal sends $200 BTC, user files claim and wins, PayPal deducts $200 from your fiat account.

So who is going to call and verify I am telling the truth that I received a call regarding this?

Maybe OP (Adam) could do this? I live in Finland and don't have any authority, otherwise I would do it.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:18:13 PM

Michael Carson's duties at Ebay (taken from his Linkedin profile):

- Responsible for developing and implementing policies to effectively manage regulatory, industry and brand risks.
- Interface with third parties, including government officials, law enforcement, trade groups and individual companies.

Sweet Cheesy
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:18:33 PM

+1

That's is quite something different than your first post.

"Adam, this is Mike from eBay and we would like it if you could call me back. As a seller of bitcoin on eBay we would love to get some feedback and input about your experience with bitcoin as we work to incorporate it into eBay"
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:30:49 PM

I got burned too last night (was on a date and couldn't really respond to alerts, watched in horror as price plummeted on my iphone notification centre while kissing this girl at a bar, my hands were full and I wanted to do a market sell at 138. Lost a few hundred dollars in that respect and dropped an extra hundred on this date so last night was an expensive one for me but worth it Smiley

You lost because only stone age types of orders are available at MtGox.

Had you been able to put a stop loss, your trade wouldn't have turned out a mess.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:38:57 PM

I got burned too last night (was on a date and couldn't really respond to alerts, watched in horror as price plummeted on my iphone notification centre while kissing this girl at a bar, my hands were full and I wanted to do a market sell at 138. Lost a few hundred dollars in that respect and dropped an extra hundred on this date so last night was an expensive one for me but worth it Smiley

Had you been able to put a stop loss, your trade wouldn't have turned out a mess.

Stop loss? WTF? There are no stop losses when you trade Magic The Gathering cards. What did you think this was - forex?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
barbs

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:47:50 PM

Yeah I know, this missing functionality is THE reason my friends wont get into bitcoin. Gox wins, always, no matter what.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 12:52:50 PM

+1

That's is quite something different than your first post.

"Adam, this is Mike from eBay and we would like it if you could call me back. As a seller of bitcoin on eBay we would love to get some feedback and input about your experience with bitcoin as we work to incorporate it into eBay"

That's exactly what the voicemail was. And throughout our discussion questions were raised regarding whether eBay policies could be updated to allow the use of bitcoin on eBay.
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:58:25 PM

Stop loss? WTF? There are no stop losses when you trade Magic The Gathering cards. What did you think this was - forex?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah I know, this missing functionality is THE reason my friends wont get into bitcoin. Gox wins, always, no matter what.

Seriously guys, I will dump Gox if Bitstamp or BTC-e avails more sophisticated orders.

Am I correct that BTC-e's MT4 is only for the leveraged trading OR will it / is it being extended to normal BTC trading?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1777

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:01:53 PM

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:02:26 PM

That's exactly what the voicemail was. And throughout our discussion questions were raised regarding whether eBay policies could be updated to allow the use of bitcoin on eBay.

For eBay this makes a lot of sense, its just another currency.  There may be internecine issues with paypal, but there is room for both for at least a while.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:04:51 PM

Listen, last thing I'm going to say regarding the validity of the phone call. For those who doubt me I am more than willing to have the phone call verified by any trustworthy hero member.

To be honest I was so taken back by the call I didn't even get to ask the questions like, how likely is this, how close are you, etc.
gandhibt

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:11:29 PM

Listen, last thing I'm going to say regarding the validity of the phone call. For those who doubt me I am more than willing to have the phone call verified by any trustworthy hero member.

To be honest I was so taken back by the call I didn't even get to ask the questions like, how likely is this, how close are you, etc.

Call him again! =)
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:13:14 PM

KJLimo is the person who introduced me to Botcoin and was the person who I ecstatically texted stating call me ASAP and whom I spoke with stating my lack of preparedness for a call like that. He can verify.

And I just sent a screenshot of my voicemail message screen to Camolist of the voicemail I received. He can verify.

Both of these guys are long standing respected hero members.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:14:53 PM

Call him again! =)

Haha. I want to really really bad! I think I might. I'm just going to say I was so taken back by the call I didn't get to ask the important questions. I want a hero member conferenced in and recording to verify!
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:16:53 PM

Call him again! =)

Haha. I want to really really bad! I think I might. I'm just going to say I was so taken back by the call I didn't get to ask the important questions. I want a hero member conferenced in and recording to verify!

Calm down a bit... what they wanted to integrate it as payment option (your first message) or to allow buying and selling as any other goods?
silversurfer

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:22:46 PM

Be cool everyone.  This dude is not lying.  And don't harass the eBay guy.  Let him work on that BTC integration in peace!
Pages: « 1 ... 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 ... 33353 »
  Print  

Jump to: