May 07, 2024, 06:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 [20688] 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 20706 20707 20708 20709 20710 20711 20712 20713 20714 20715 20716 20717 20718 20719 20720 20721 20722 20723 20724 20725 20726 20727 20728 20729 20730 20731 20732 20733 20734 20735 20736 20737 20738 ... 33329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:10:34 PM

OT : Holy mother of the gods this is bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XopSDJq6w8E

Were Chinese 'ghost' cities ever meant to have even been used?? Or just a place for excess capital spending and malinvestment to go (i.e., built just for show)? This looks like the mother of all ponzi real estate investment schemes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:21:12 PM

https://github.com/jlopp/physical-bitcoin-attacks/blob/master/README.md
note the guy on Apr 11 is the only bitcoiner to successfully defend himself
get guns. get dogs. and

My cat's been out of the bag for a while now. I spent 2 days in the hoosegow about it. Never discuss Bitcorn with a normal. Never.

Can you explain what you mean? What is a "hoosegow" and how precisely did talking about bitcoin to normies lead to you spending 2 days inside of one?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:32:07 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 08:45:19 PM by jojo69
Merited by WhatsBitcoin (1)

hoosegow=jail

the clink, the big house, inside, the lockup, county, doing time, Santa Rita Weekend

kapiche?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:43:23 PM

hoosegow=jail

the clink, the big house, inside, the lockup, county, doing time

kapiche?

Well, kapiche on half of the question.
mudbone

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:45:15 PM

He talks too much. Probably got himself swatted at the office. Roll Eyes
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 08:49:44 PM

Roger Ver talks about his time in jail.

https://youtu.be/hJ07sM5w_Dk
WhatsBitcoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:50:30 PM
Merited by jojo69 (1)

Seems to me this all happened around the time he changed his cheeky handle. The slam changes people.  
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:56:02 PM

No Bot here just facts
Who would Roger Ver want to run his bitcointalk thread for bitcoin cash'
Who would roger help in the MTGox Hack
Who would roger help in the big block debate
Who would roger help at Cryptsy, Lucky7coin
Who did Roger know at butterfly Labs Asic miners
Who did Roger know in the Silk Road operations under FBI investiagtion,
Why is Roger at the center of it all
This thread is about Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash, the reasons of benefits that one has over the other. Thank you.

No worries
Bitcoin Cash is designed to be able to change their blockchain, all code points to this
The code has backdoors
Prove me wrong

I know software developers and I know Roger (As well as Gavin who built bitcoin cash), so try an trust those developers if you want - history

Therefore Legacy Bitcoin chain is the ultimate winner (use your number 1 addresses)

Yep we know why they want bitcoin dead

Or you could just connect the dots...Wikileaks...Bitcoin Blockchain...Silk Road Operations...
Wikileaks and BTC blockchain... how are they connected?
You can write on the blockchain

Wikileaks has put evidence on the blockchain

https://medium.com/blockchain-education-network/how-to-write-stuff-on-the-blockchain-bdae1704f24d

How wikileaks was first involved in bitcoin
At the time satoshi disappeared, wikileaks announced it was using bitcoin as paypal had terminated their account
Satoshi did not want any undue attention and disappeared

Debate

Cryptsy, Cryptsy, Cryptsy - how to get the money back?

I believe that both coins are good and well exist together. But since bitcoin has small blocks and a higher fee than Bitcoin Cash, technically Bitcoin Cash is more suitable as a means of payment. I keep both coins in my briefcase for a long time.

@delphic
Sure do you want payments or a store of wealth?

@ mymenace

I am no fan of Roger Ver and I am no fan of Bitcoin Cash either, I look forward to seeing what happens to the value of Bitcoin Cash when lightening network is implemented in Bitcoin.

Why mention Cryptsy here? What has Roger Ver got to do with Cryptsy?

So it seems you are saying Satoshi vanished and there was someone sinister behind it?

@JollyGood
I know your no fan of them, terrible what they did

Lightning Network/Segwit will work but can easily be dropped or hacked if put into a distributed node network

Roger is involved with it all, a lot of people got hurt by Cryptsy and are felling the pain now Bitcoin has risen, I really feel for all those crypto users.
I feel I have succeeded but in their position would know their anger and rage, I can feel it.

They need a voice and every crypto user to support them, they created this industry

of course there was something sinister in satoshi's disappearance read the original threads

Wikileaks, CIA, NSA, Paypal, Bitcoin, Financial payments all adds up. (Sorry but Duh!! no malice intended)

@ mymenace I disagree with your assumptions that Satoshi vanished as a result of sinister activities and I fail to see why you keep mentioning Roger Ver beyond what he actually is which is an opportunist and someone that was lucky to be in the right place at the right time therefore became super-rich thanks to Bitcoin

@JollyGood
..."This thread is about Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash, the reasons of benefits that one has over the other. Thank you."..
Here to discuss / debate those benefits
Bitcoin Cash will work as fast payments but the code is suspect
Bitcoin is a great store of wealth and something everyone should invest in, if they have their own wallet and legacy address

Your argument/basis facts is?
I have assumptions
Roger is an opportunist and still to be defended
And is all about the right time not the right hack

Of course I chose bitcoin instead of bitcoin cash. Because bitcoin is more potent than bitcoin cash. But I'm not saying that bitcoin cash is bad, of course not. Bitcoin popularity is greater than bitcoin cash. From me entering cryptocurrency is just a bitcoin that I think will make me a successful person.

@bapetdik

Agree and as above

Bitcoin cash is crap, and there is no way that it can surpass bitcoin in a near future, so better to stop thinking about it because it is more than obvious that it will never happen.
Even Ethereum is better than bitcoin cash to be honest.

@baus

Great points, this debate is now 3 to 2

Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash - The Revenge of Bitcoin

In the everlasting Currency Wars who will reign supreme GOLD, SILVER, PETRO, FIAT, BITCOIN, ALTCOINS, TOKENS, BITCOIN FORKS

Wink Shocked Roll Eyes

I really do not understand, why people buy Bitcoin cash. I think this is really cunning and unclear project. Personally for me Bitcoin cash is just an altcoin. And i think that such manipulations after wich Bcash was born are really bad for all crypto market.

@cleverhope
Agreed, others debate, disprove, plenty of evidence to support what you said

DEBATE TALLY: 4 to 2

assbot

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:58:53 PM

Seems to me this all happened around the time he changed his cheeky handle. The slam changes people.  

Quite. He was a completely different person back then.

And so on.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:08:13 PM

The slam 

well played
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:09:41 PM

No Bot here just facts
Who would Roger Ver want to run his bitcointalk thread for bitcoin cash'
Who would roger help in the MTGox Hack
Who would roger help in the big block debate
Who would roger help at Cryptsy, Lucky7coin
Who did Roger know at butterfly Labs Asic miners
Who did Roger know in the Silk Road operations under FBI investiagtion,
Why is Roger at the center of it all
This thread is about Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash, the reasons of benefits that one has over the other. Thank you.

No worries
Bitcoin Cash is designed to be able to change their blockchain, all code points to this
The code has backdoors
Prove me wrong

I know software developers and I know Roger (As well as Gavin who built bitcoin cash), so try an trust those developers if you want - history

Therefore Legacy Bitcoin chain is the ultimate winner (use your number 1 addresses)

Yep we know why they want bitcoin dead

Or you could just connect the dots...Wikileaks...Bitcoin Blockchain...Silk Road Operations...
Wikileaks and BTC blockchain... how are they connected?
You can write on the blockchain

Wikileaks has put evidence on the blockchain

https://medium.com/blockchain-education-network/how-to-write-stuff-on-the-blockchain-bdae1704f24d

How wikileaks was first involved in bitcoin
At the time satoshi disappeared, wikileaks announced it was using bitcoin as paypal had terminated their account
Satoshi did not want any undue attention and disappeared

Debate

Cryptsy, Cryptsy, Cryptsy - how to get the money back?

I believe that both coins are good and well exist together. But since bitcoin has small blocks and a higher fee than Bitcoin Cash, technically Bitcoin Cash is more suitable as a means of payment. I keep both coins in my briefcase for a long time.

@delphic
Sure do you want payments or a store of wealth?

@ mymenace

I am no fan of Roger Ver and I am no fan of Bitcoin Cash either, I look forward to seeing what happens to the value of Bitcoin Cash when lightening network is implemented in Bitcoin.

Why mention Cryptsy here? What has Roger Ver got to do with Cryptsy?

So it seems you are saying Satoshi vanished and there was someone sinister behind it?

@JollyGood
I know your no fan of them, terrible what they did

Lightning Network/Segwit will work but can easily be dropped or hacked if put into a distributed node network

Roger is involved with it all, a lot of people got hurt by Cryptsy and are felling the pain now Bitcoin has risen, I really feel for all those crypto users.
I feel I have succeeded but in their position would know their anger and rage, I can feel it.

They need a voice and every crypto user to support them, they created this industry

of course there was something sinister in satoshi's disappearance read the original threads

Wikileaks, CIA, NSA, Paypal, Bitcoin, Financial payments all adds up. (Sorry but Duh!! no malice intended)

@ mymenace I disagree with your assumptions that Satoshi vanished as a result of sinister activities and I fail to see why you keep mentioning Roger Ver beyond what he actually is which is an opportunist and someone that was lucky to be in the right place at the right time therefore became super-rich thanks to Bitcoin

@JollyGood
..."This thread is about Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash, the reasons of benefits that one has over the other. Thank you."..
Here to discuss / debate those benefits
Bitcoin Cash will work as fast payments but the code is suspect
Bitcoin is a great store of wealth and something everyone should invest in, if they have their own wallet and legacy address

Your argument/basis facts is?
I have assumptions
Roger is an opportunist and still to be defended
And is all about the right time not the right hack

Of course I chose bitcoin instead of bitcoin cash. Because bitcoin is more potent than bitcoin cash. But I'm not saying that bitcoin cash is bad, of course not. Bitcoin popularity is greater than bitcoin cash. From me entering cryptocurrency is just a bitcoin that I think will make me a successful person.

@bapetdik

Agree and as above

Bitcoin cash is crap, and there is no way that it can surpass bitcoin in a near future, so better to stop thinking about it because it is more than obvious that it will never happen.
Even Ethereum is better than bitcoin cash to be honest.

@baus

Great points, this debate is now 3 to 2

Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash - The Revenge of Bitcoin

In the everlasting Currency Wars who will reign supreme GOLD, SILVER, PETRO, FIAT, BITCOIN, ALTCOINS, TOKENS, BITCOIN FORKS

Wink Shocked Roll Eyes

I really do not understand, why people buy Bitcoin cash. I think this is really cunning and unclear project. Personally for me Bitcoin cash is just an altcoin. And i think that such manipulations after wich Bcash was born are really bad for all crypto market.

@cleverhope
Agreed, others debate, disprove, plenty of evidence to support what you said

DEBATE TALLY: 4 to 2

because the "anonymous" hashpower is @BITMAINtech that's why. @JihanWu is undermining the value of his large BCH hodlings by centralising it

for example if @BITMAINtech were asked to freeze it, mechanically they could because they're majority of the hash rate.

being in central control of a coin is risky for you, and makes the coin less valuable because people understand that risk of freeze.

for BCH that may be ok as a medium security slightly higher scale, on-chain only retail coin, and his choice. but for Bitcoin that is NOT ok

@assboot
is this still a problem for BCH?

DEBATE TALLY: 5 to 2
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:32:44 PM

jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:34:08 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2), STT (1), Last of the V8s (1), HairyMaclairy (1)

Quite. He was a completely different person back then.

And so on.

Now that you mention it...this has got me to thinking...

That moment of realization that the social contract you believed yourself to be a party to was an illusion all along is not an easy one.  Allow me to elaborate by way of an, only very tangentially related, anecdote.

As a young man I was working construction.  I was a fucking hard worker.  Busted my ass.  We were screwing down floors in a subdivision when I developed acute carpal tunnel; woke up one day unable to button my pants or do really anything involving my dominant hand.

Was denied any workers comp, not even sure why, I was young and unschooled in advocating for myself.  It sounds ludicrous today...but I really thought the system had my back.

I was very much unable to work at anything I was qualified for at the time and funds became very short.  At some point I needed that last $100 in my bank account to eat, and by "eat" I mean a box of dehydrated spuds and the big handle bottle of Pace picante per week, plus what I could bum off friends and pick up after 1:00AM at the convenience store for $0.25/about to expire cancer burger.

So my social dislocation moment came when my, long awaited, tax return check arrived, a very much needed 4 digit godsend of liquidity.  I rushed straight down to the bank, up to my favorite teller... ... ...to be informed that as I no longer had an active account the instrument from the federal government in my hand was not actually redeemable.

It was hard at the time, but in retrospect I am very glad that I learned this lesson at a young age.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:49:31 PM

Another reason bcash will never gain full traction

Article from CNN (Fake news) mentioning Roger Ver Bcash inventor
Roger helped Mark Karpeles with the hack

So is it zhou, Roger, or is it you....... (why do you want bitcoin replaced, but zhou does not)

https://www.ccn.com/suspected-scammer-zhou-tong-coinjar-co-founder/
https://forum.bitcoin.com/ama-ask-me-anything/i-m-asher-tan-co-founder-ceo-of-coinjar-ask-me-anything-t2262.html#p6434

Someone needs to be in Jail

Another reason BCASH is trustless and Bitcoin holds the truth

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:34:49 PM
Merited by bitserve (1)

If you test all possible combinations before finding a block. Best case, you immediately find it, worst case you find it on the last combination, average, you will find the block in about half the time of the maximum.

But no single miner searches all possible combinations by itself and as far as I know there is no decided range of combinations tested by each pool so different pools may end up testing the same combinations. and different pools include different transactions so operate in a different search space. This means that the upper limit is a lot higher than twice the average block time.

Random results do included things humans don't find random at all. 100 slow blocks in a row is less likely that 10 slow blocks in a row, but not impossible.

The search space is astronomical - we'd be waiting a very long time indeed if there were only one solution. Fortunately, there are many solutions within the space. You can still keep trying unique combinations and miss an answer for a considerable time though.

There were far too much blocks in the hours before

7,17/h blocks in the last 6 hours
7,42/h blocks in the last 12 hours

https://fork.lol/blocks/time

Gambler's fallacy that one, I'm afraid  Wink
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 10:50:33 PM

the trend is down until it isn't

Spoken wisely

The wisdom  in that simple statement is profound.

To translate a little of it  ' Nearly all TA is just a lot of hot air, but it helps to pass the time while waiting for the trend to turn'
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:02:41 PM

Too many words

Does all that really belong here?
V1lpu

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:14:46 AM
Merited by anunymint (1)

It's just another bubble, they said.

STT
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1414

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 12:58:01 AM

btc price was $2500 a year ago, today $6800. Trading volume for btc was 780m a year ago, today is 3.4b
An optimistic realistic quote I read somewhere, market really will build on the annual view not the exchange swings and pops.

My daily view at least in a focused way has it on the line, teetering :p

Were Chinese 'ghost' cities ever meant to have even been used?? Or just a place for excess capital spending and malinvestment to go (i.e., built just for show)? This looks like the mother of all ponzi real estate investment schemes.

Communism has its downsides for sure, the problem is confused but it effects us all due to the size of China with well over a billion and our reliance on their exporting.    The empty buildings used as tokens for land speculation might be ok if eventually it will be useful.  However China has demographic problems, the working population is dropping.  
   The country is still developing but this kind of empty growth could end up with them poorer over ten years imo, like alot of the world.  I've heard Chinese debt described as worse then any other  (worthless base worth though land is always worth something).   Jim Chanos is the guy to read on that I think, he is famous for calling out Enron if you remember that fraud scandal

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2018/04/11/markets-now-jim-chanos-china.cnnmoney/index.html

However I think China is ahead of Japan in demographics and the debt isnt as far gone as Japanese decades of QE either.   Also they understand enough to accumulate gold in giant amounts, China is the world largest producer of gold and exports none of it and also imports and increasingly controls production outside the country also.  They seem to have some plan of sorts, not sure what as they arent capitalist and lock themselves to dollar devaluation.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:25:42 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 01:39:10 AM by Hueristic

This has been going on for over a decade that I can remember, it's just more proof that current currencies are just propped up by governments.

Hey can somone make a cartoon that goes like this.

Tether
Hey Mom I made my first million!
Really?
Really!!!
Where is it?
On a anonymous exchange in a unsecured token.
Pages: « 1 ... 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 [20688] 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 20706 20707 20708 20709 20710 20711 20712 20713 20714 20715 20716 20717 20718 20719 20720 20721 20722 20723 20724 20725 20726 20727 20728 20729 20730 20731 20732 20733 20734 20735 20736 20737 20738 ... 33329 »
  Print  

Jump to: