April 26, 2024, 12:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23658 23659 23660 23661 23662 23663 23664 23665 23666 23667 23668 23669 23670 23671 23672 23673 23674 23675 23676 23677 23678 23679 23680 23681 23682 23683 23684 23685 23686 23687 23688 23689 23690 23691 23692 23693 23694 23695 23696 23697 23698 23699 23700 23701 23702 23703 23704 23705 23706 23707 [23708] 23709 23710 23711 23712 23713 23714 23715 23716 23717 23718 23719 23720 23721 23722 23723 23724 23725 23726 23727 23728 23729 23730 23731 23732 23733 23734 23735 23736 23737 23738 23739 23740 23741 23742 23743 23744 23745 23746 23747 23748 23749 23750 23751 23752 23753 23754 23755 23756 23757 23758 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367983 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:40:26 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

One problem with these analysis based on previous cycles is that they dont consider social and political impact, like the trade war between US and China, and sanctions against Russia and Iran, for example.

Thats probably the reason why this cycle started earlier, and will go much higher than what the bears who talk about "diminishing returns" are predicting.

Another issue is people over analyse. And they expect the future to be just like the past. There are more than enough current indicators to show that we are in a bull to stay for a while.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:40:27 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

On a semi serious note..just talking about things can be helpful for some. Hope you feel better soon.

I already do feel like a bit of a load is off, and seeing Bob and LFC open up first helped. I just need a more positive outlook I think.

I’ve had bouts of depression for years. Nobody would be able to tell by looking at me, I have friends, a good looking gf, I have money, I travel, I’m covered in tattoos. I don’t look like somebody who would be depressed but I guess how do you know what somebody who is depressed looks like?

I’ve had periods of heavy Class A drug use & times where I’ve had extreme paranoia.

Going outside, being outdoors helps a lot. Keep a good group of people around you. A small group of trustworthy people is better than a large group of assholes.

If you need to talk ever, PM me.

+1 WOsMerit

Everyone experiences depression to some degree or another at some point in their life. The worst thing you can do imho is to experience it alone.

We stand with you brother right here at the Wall. It might not be much.. but its something...and I am a firm believer that something is better than nothing.

#stronghands

MrFreeRoMan

Activity: 126
Merit: 171

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:41:53 PM

Reading ... Just reading ...
Theres alot to be said for the simple idea of reading a book, I dont think anything electronic is as good tbh

Russia flat out stated they would be buying billions in bitcoin in the spring due to the sanctions and its likely they did.

I'd rather go on what Russia did previously more then anything they say they will do or reports on that.    Russia and China have both have a very strong policy towards replacing foreign reserves with gold, they sell currency in favour of owning more gold.  They import, they produce and there is no export, they are net buyers.   They did that this year, last year, the year before and all the way back for over a decade.    World wide central banks have been net buyers of gold, its a really simple theme but its physical ownership rather then token ownership via various FIAT standards or trade agreements that might have existed previously.   
I dont know exactly what they plan to do with it exactly and Russia is already massively biased to commodity prices for its GDP but I'd say there is no doubt sanctions or not they intend to use gold over any other type of fungible currency.   Ten years is a very long period for an active policy vs any recent news of various other initiatives

Russia is one of the richest countries in the world for resources extracted from the earth! But in terms of life (with its potential), one of the poorest! In many countries, mining will be distributed at the state level (that is, the people), in Russia, it does not belong to the people! Officials in chocolate, people in shit ...
MrFreeRoMan

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:45:50 PM

Everyone experiences depression to some degree or another at some point in their life. The worst thing you can do imho is to experience it alone.

We stand with you brother right here at the Wall. It might not be much.. but its something...and I am a firm believer that something is better than nothing.

#stronghands

@Toxic2040

It is BEST that we can do it alone! After this, you will become a higher level than yourself, and you will find that with your problems, you will always have to remain alone (this is a fact), but you will already be ready for this!
I think so.

EDIT:

I'll buy myself a bottle of stronger!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:59:00 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (4), vapourminer (1), MrFreeRoMan (1)

It is BEST that we can do it alone! After this, you will become a higher level than yourself, and you will find that with your problems, you will always have to remain alone (this is a fact), but you will already be ready for this!
I think so.

Personally I find human beings a pain up the arse in all circumstances and if I was feeling down in the dumps the last thing I'd want is one sat in front of me attempting to empathise. I'd kick their head down the toilet and go off somewhere to be on my own.

Most people do not feel that way and that's fine.
Heater

Activity: 403
Merit: 360

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:04:22 PM

Currently sitting at $7912 and looking like we are setting up for an epic weekend pump.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:07:34 PM

fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:08:55 PM

The return of Bitconnect (and in a way like nothing have happened at all) is just one more proof that the world supply of fools is infinite.
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:13:21 PM

So you can't put it into your colon the other way round?

Well, I mean, you can always administer a warm water enema if you want to clean out your lower colon, but that's not good enough for a full colonoscopy.

Need to clean your entire tract from the stomach down to your asshole. You're essentially pissing out your asshole towards the end of the prep.

Good times.

Sorry, i was under the assumption that you are taking it as a medicine.
I've had a coloscopy twice and they gave me a good serving of mannitol (sugar) mixed into half a litre of water. No pain with taste at all.
A mere hour later i was totally empty.

EDIT: I think i can remember that it was 80 grams of mannitol and 1 litre of water.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1850
Merit: 2829

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:14:13 PM

Another super fast recovery for several hours - from the 7400-ish drop earlier today to 7900+ now. May be a few more days like that and we will be ready for the next target $9000+. We are officially in the last 365 days before the halving and the bears are aware their time is running out. They lost their only weapon - the fear. Now if they attempt to cause a crash, it will be a temporarily drop followed by a quick recovery. Everyone now knows that even if the prices get somehow lower in the next 6 months, at the start of 2020 there will be a major recovery. And most probably a higher price with the approach of the halving. If Bitcoin managed to recover 2.5 times for several months a whole year before the halving, imagine what will happen after that!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10150

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:21:31 PM

I had pizza today Smiley  Sorry I didn't take any pics.

I had a calzone I think it counts.

Boys its unbelievable, I didn't have had a pizza yesterday  Undecided

I went to my friends to play, and cause they where playing scoops the day before with a Full House.... the place still looked like a big pile of trash, I do not lie there where @MINIMUM 10 finished boxes of pizza only a few remaining slices, wine and booze everywhere.... I saw tons of pizza there, how can I order Chinese food yesterday @there place instead of pizza, sorry couldn't take a pic of the place cause its such a nice villa he has but it looked that awful, I was a shame you guys would think it always would look like that.... Man what does scoop nights do with those boys Cheesy
You had Chinese food on Pizza day, man that's trying to temp fates to have Bitcoin banned in China.

And, to publicly admit it too...  Shocked Shocked
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 10:26:21 PM

Seems like I had a rain on this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg51176123#msg51176123

Appreciate all, now I have some sMerits to spend. 🙂

Good evening WO. I know I am not giving much time. I am having some real busy time in real life.

Anyway, observing @ $7,950

We are good.
MrFreeRoMan

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:26:39 PM

I have my first one soon (was scheduled to have already had, but had to postpone it) so bad is the taste?
Btw, any idea how many hours do I have to leave without ingesting alcohol before the test?

- Saltiest tasting stuff ever. It's truly awful. My advice is to prepare the mix, and put it in the freezer an hour before you are due to start the prep
- The cold will mitigate the terrible taste
- Make sure you try to avoid your tongue entirely. A straw helps.
- They suggest two rounds of prep - usually six hours apart - This can be extremely difficult to "chug down", along with 32 ounces of water, within an hour.
-- To mitigate above, it's possible to just prep from noon to 9pm the prior day. Do nothing but chug down the two bottles of prep, and 64 ounces of water across the entire day

*** No alcohol recommended AT LEAST 24 hours before procedure, but I'd stay dry for 48 hours to be extra safe.

Oh, also, I recommend avoiding popcorn for three weeks prior to your procedure. That stuff sticks to your inner-tubing like you would not believe. I have the scope shots to prove it !!!
I had a colonoscopy about 2 years ago, I literally poured mine into a shot glass and shot it over and over.

Dude my asshole was so fucking raw after all that and I was soooo hungry.

(I'll let you fuckers know why too because I am young, I had just had my kiddo and anxiety and me are not friends, I don't know if thats what it was or I caught something at the hospital but I lost 25 pounds in a couple of weeks and couldn't eat  for shit and stop shitting non stop, shit was no fun, I am also still paying on the damn procedure)

I have such procedures after each visit McDonalds
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:30:06 PM

Erratic price movement on insignificant volume. Calm before the storm? This could be an interesting weekend, even if Masterluc's triangle prophecy doesn't strike.

I think it’s just a natural pull back after a big % price increase. Maybe short term traders are happy with their profits.

Some people invested large sums at $3,xxx. They’re probably really happy to make hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more) profit by getting out now.

We prefer to HODL & wait years to get the kind of money they have probably already got in momths rather than having to wait years.

Not everybody is 100% willing to wait years to find their fortune through bitcoin.

And time will likely show that wealth continues to transfer to BTC HODLers - and some of the paltry profit taking will not help those peeps as much as if they just concentrated on BTC accumulation by mostly holding through a decently vast majority of time and through the ups and the downs.
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 10:31:07 PM

Yes. Bitcoin.com provides prominent notice that BCH and BTC are two different things. Faced with that knowledge, if the newcomer is not prompted to perform the requisite five more minutes of due diligence, they'd lose their money in short order no matter which direction they go.
JB for fuck sake please stop saying this again and again. Please do not get blind to see how they are phushing BCH shit on their website. Have you even read the emails they send to their subscribers. In every emails they push BCH. I have never seen an email where they pushed to buy Bitcoin.

STOP TRYING TO HIDE THE SAMELESS ACTS OF VER AND HIS BCH SHIT.
D. Lerk

Activity: 31
Merit: 71

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:40:49 PM

The price is about $3k higher than it should be at this part of the cycle.   We are already higher than what the December 2019 peak should be. It’s all gravy.
The recovery from lows has been far faster this time, the only reasoning I think of why that happen is at the same time the similar kind of reversal to reasoning by the Federal reserve (last hard statement was December) in proposing a continual scheme of rising interest rates no matter what; but now seemingly being on a path to completely stop and probably lower rates if any weakness in the economy occurs.
Until the fiscal deficit and probably the trade deficit is closed and probably requiring a surplus, I see USD as weakening over years but the market doesn't immediately reflect that and its related to retention of dollar debt vs alternatives.  When the ECB has such a weak policy itself and is also involved in QE, the EURO is unlikely to be much an alternative and the Euro bond market is taken up with ECB buying so far as I know.   Japan again the market is saturated with new money via QE so again the currency is unlikely to be as strong as it should be vs the dollar.    If there is currency weakness worldwide now and predicted ongoing, theres little to oppose BTC or any asset price especially if demand for that commodity is growing.

That big switch in sentiment on global reserve money might explain some of the reversal, I dont know if BTC price after that initial reaction then loses momentum and goes sideways after bouncing so high.   I spotted this idea of a parabolic rise but a giant rise without pulling back I think is not as positive longterm for stability, I would not guess this happens so soon.

Right this moment I see the price as bouncing between two moving average in an increasingly tight range, it seems to be it will breakout but so far price moving downwards has not settled far for long before returning to a similar price under 8000

Guys this last bear market had ZERO bounces of significance. Bulls were dead for a year. So this bounce is not more than expected. In fact, ratio wise it is LESS than the bounce to $500 at the beginning of the last bull cycle. Plus we are now a year from halving.

For all we know this could be mid 2013 again. Too many people looking in the wrong places.

I think there is a whiff of 2013 between-the-peaks.

Using vague feely words is legitimate because the market landscape and participants have changed so much so quickly that I'm not sure we can rely on chart superimposition and fractal comparison as much as we can on more mature markets. There was very little leverage 7 years ago, no futures, no tail-wagging derivatives, far fewer professionals and I doubt any prop desks.

Bitcoin can get beaten up, either by the gox matching engine taking 30 minutes to execute a market order and so driving participants to cash, or by futures traders stepping in or deep pocketed shorters determined to get in position for the next run, but it can shoot up with a vengeance that trad markets or newcomers won't believe.

The way these dips are being bought is impressive. There's still people convinced they can buy in much cheaper, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're starting to worry. For all its 20k glory the last run did feel like it ended a little early (what can I say? to me it did) like Apr 13, and windy has a point.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:48:51 PM

Dear mic,

As a WO friend to a friend... You don't want to be caught up in DT1 drama. It's a bastion of shit.

I still don't get all that crap and never will. When I look at the subforum infested with it it's like they're speaking a different language on a different planet in a different dimension.  

What's at stake there? What is all that trust shit for? What do they hope to achieve? What are they selling to each other? Hate mail, turds in boxes and PIs to go through each other's trash? Doesn't everyone have better things to do?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Apparently not.   Shocked    Wink
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 10:51:51 PM

Dear mic,

As a WO friend to a friend... You don't want to be caught up in DT1 drama. It's a bastion of shit.

I still don't get all that crap and never will. When I look at the subforum infested with it it's like they're speaking a different language on a different planet in a different dimension.  

What's at stake there? What is all that trust shit for? What do they hope to achieve? What are they selling to each other? Hate mail, turds in boxes and PIs to go through each other's trash? Doesn't everyone have better things to do?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Apparently not.   Shocked    Wink
It's fun reading though 🤪

When bitcoin stops moving and I lose money in gambling then I spend my times in Reputation board. After half an hour I come out losing my bad memory LOL
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 10:54:33 PM

Uncle Nutildah
Mic listen to your uncle. Those were some real shit 🤪
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:56:48 PM
Merited by infofront (1), BobLawblaw (1)

It's fun reading though 🤪

When bitcoin stops moving and I lose money in gambling then I spend my times in Reputation board. After half an hour I come out losing my bad memory LOL

It makes me want to parachute them nude onto a volcanic island on the verge of erupting. If they make it out alive they'll emerge with some perspective finally. It makes for a truly pitiful spectacle.

There are women coat hangering themselves in Alabama right now and Filipino children being used as literal hand puppets by obese Germans, yet there they are screeching and rocking back and forth behind their computer screens about something someone might have written 5 years ago.
Pages: « 1 ... 23658 23659 23660 23661 23662 23663 23664 23665 23666 23667 23668 23669 23670 23671 23672 23673 23674 23675 23676 23677 23678 23679 23680 23681 23682 23683 23684 23685 23686 23687 23688 23689 23690 23691 23692 23693 23694 23695 23696 23697 23698 23699 23700 23701 23702 23703 23704 23705 23706 23707 [23708] 23709 23710 23711 23712 23713 23714 23715 23716 23717 23718 23719 23720 23721 23722 23723 23724 23725 23726 23727 23728 23729 23730 23731 23732 23733 23734 23735 23736 23737 23738 23739 23740 23741 23742 23743 23744 23745 23746 23747 23748 23749 23750 23751 23752 23753 23754 23755 23756 23757 23758 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: