April 28, 2024, 04:19:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23630 23631 23632 23633 23634 23635 23636 23637 23638 23639 23640 23641 23642 23643 23644 23645 23646 23647 23648 23649 23650 23651 23652 23653 23654 23655 23656 23657 23658 23659 23660 23661 23662 23663 23664 23665 23666 23667 23668 23669 23670 23671 23672 23673 23674 23675 23676 23677 23678 23679 [23680] 23681 23682 23683 23684 23685 23686 23687 23688 23689 23690 23691 23692 23693 23694 23695 23696 23697 23698 23699 23700 23701 23702 23703 23704 23705 23706 23707 23708 23709 23710 23711 23712 23713 23714 23715 23716 23717 23718 23719 23720 23721 23722 23723 23724 23725 23726 23727 23728 23729 23730 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368902 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 03:24:10 PM

I have collected extensive empirical data and come to the conclusion that...booze doesn't help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 03:32:59 PM

Jimbo, is u buying/pumping that sh*t??

No, I'm just holding as always. I'm still in Quintana Roo, Mexico and there's no real Bitcoin infrastructure here.

I do all my trading in cash, mostly OTC but occasionally at ATMs, anonymously in Toronto.

My dental work hit a snag when I found out one of my implants failed and rather than proceeding with only 15 implants I decided to get additional bone grafts and take an extra half year to try again with a stronger implant. No sense doing a half-assed job. I'm still getting my lower teeth installed now though. Just had a trial fitting yesterday and we're hoping to get the final Zirconia done next week.

As a result, I don't have to spend all the USD cash I brought down over the course of the winter to pay for my final teeth. What this means is that I won't have to sell any Bitcoin when I get back to Toronto to pay down my credit card and pay my bills. I might even have enough left over to buy some more Bitcoin. Hopefully by the time I have to buy more dollars next year, my bitcoins will be worth a lot more.

My Bitcoin strategy has always been to buy whenever possible, preferably on a dip, and sell only when absolutely necessary. Keep holding, keep getting richer as Bitcoin keeps getting scarcer, and live happily ever after. So far it's been working like a charm.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 03:45:48 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin is open source. You cant file a copyright over it.

You can file the copyright -- anyone can. Whether or not it will be granted is a whole 'nother story.

According to this article, the copyright was already granted to be effective as of April 11, 2019.

https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-creator-craig-s-wright-satoshi-nakamoto-granted-us-copyright-registrations-for-bitcoin-white-paper-and-code/

Take a look at https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/2019/05/21/craig-wright-registers-us-copyright-in-bitcoin-0-1-and-the-bitcoin-white-paper-what-this-means/

What can Wright do with this?

Not a lot, really.

Registration is considered prima facie evidence of the claims in the registration — if the registration occurs within five years of first publication. That’s not the case here.

Wright might have some problems suing for copyright violation — for instance, if he wanted to sue those “protocol developer groups” he claims “bastardized” Bitcoin. The software was licensed under the open-source MIT License, which allows all manner of reuse, open or proprietary. The license text is:

Copyright (c) 2009 Satoshi Nakamoto
    Distributed under the MIT/X11 software license, see the accompanying
    file license.txt or http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php.

The license granted is:

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

That is — the MIT License is explicitly a grant of rights to do whatever the hell you like with the software, as long as you include the notice text.

Open source licenses are generally treated as perpetual and irrevocable. There is also estoppel — you can’t release software, encourage its reuse, wait ten years and then sue people for using it under the license you released it under.

So it’s entirely unclear what Wright or nChain get out of this registration. Apart from unimpressed press coverage.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4883

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 03:51:13 PM

^^
Jerry Brito, executive director at non-profit organization Coin Center, tweeted:

“Registering a copyright is just filing a form. The Copyright Office does not investigate the validity of the claim; they just register it. Unfortunately there is no official way to challenge a registration. If there are competing claims, the Office will just register all of them.”

https://cointelegraph.com/news/self-proclaimed-satoshi-craig-wright-files-us-copyright-registrations-for-btc-white-paper

We should ALL file and individually sue him for infringement.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 03:57:46 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Bah. Depression sucks. Decided I'm getting drunk today.

Again.

*sighs*

Grow Bitcorn grow, tho. Once it breaches $10k, I'm thinking of rage-selling a chunk of corn to subsidize Rick's retirement.

Being retired, alone, kinda sucks. Dealing with Rick venting about (((them))) is starting to get to me, in a really bad way, and driving a wedge between us. Growing resentment, over a few years now, is going to become a breaking point sooner than later.

The human condition is a colossal bag of shit.

On the bright side at least you have that choice, if not just go take a month vacation somewhere, anywhere. ITs fun to just go someplace you have never been. Pop in on long lost relatives, rent a place down the street and hang out. Just get out of the house and meet new people, it will be like a breath of fresh air. I flew cross country to buy a car and was going to drive it back but decided to see some people on the other side and ended op taking 6 months to do what I was going to do in a week and had the time of my life doing it. Smiley
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 04:07:28 PM

Jimbo, is u buying/pumping that sh*t??

No, I'm just holding as always. I'm still in Quintana Roo, Mexico and there's no real Bitcoin infrastructure here.

I do all my trading in cash, mostly OTC but occasionally at ATMs, anonymously in Toronto.

My dental work hit a snag when I found out one of my implants failed and rather than proceeding with only 15 implants I decided to get additional bone grafts and take an extra half year to try again with a stronger implant. No sense doing a half-assed job. I'm still getting my lower teeth installed now though. Just had a trial fitting yesterday and we're hoping to get the final Zirconia done next week.

Shit that sucks man, It will be worth it in the end but I had a few failures and it does take years to get the shit right before they put them in. I still have  some temp ones while they are making the perm ones and its funny that the nicotine gum I'm chewing gets stuck to the temp ones. I mean it is like glue on them!
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 04:26:13 PM

neglected your titanium training recently

Titanium training remains as a firm morning ritual.

Does little to salve the pain of existential angst, however.

It's kinda fucked up in a way. Retire. Read more philosophy. See how partner is suffering. See how self needs are not being met. Try to reconcile all that selfish shit in my mind about what is more important: Our overall life together benefits vs my personal relationship needs not being met.

Therapy: It does nothing. No need to adjust meds, in my own mind, and therapist agrees.

Bah.

Life is meaningless.

EDIT: And NO. There is no need to worry about me. Not suicidal at all, if anyone was concerned about my state of mind. I have way too much to live for, and still so much I want to accomplish with what time I have left in this plane of existence.

EDIT2: And yeah, glad I have that fuckwit JJG on ignore. A pathetic example of an utterly impotent peacock.

Chin up Bob. I would take Heuristic's advice and just go and have a break, on your own if Rick can't get time off. Take time to appreciate the little things. Any sports take your fancy? How about a new hobby?
I am sure you will get through it.
Good luck.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12015

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 04:27:18 PM

Bah. Depression sucks. Decided I'm getting drunk today.

Again.

*sighs*

Grow Bitcorn grow, tho. Once it breaches $10k, I'm thinking of rage-selling a chunk of corn to subsidize Rick's retirement.

Being retired, alone, kinda sucks. Dealing with Rick venting about (((them))) is starting to get to me, in a really bad way, and driving a wedge between us. Growing resentment, over a few years now, is going to become a breaking point sooner than later.

The human condition is a colossal bag of shit.

Don’t let anything come between you guys, BTC-Will be in time for both of u, Then buy the F***ing ranch and live the rest of your lives there with nothing on your mind except inviting me and my old lady to see the place and have abeer eeeuhm good wine.... Wink

And indeed go BTC go !!!!!
Neo_Coin

Activity: 1204
Merit: 293

"Be Your Own Bank"

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 04:37:58 PM

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:29:36 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

It's kinda fucked up in a way. Retire. Read more philosophy. See how partner is suffering. See how self needs are not being met. Try to reconcile all that selfish shit in my mind about what is more important: Our overall life together benefits vs my personal relationship needs not being met.

Therapy: It does nothing. No need to adjust meds, in my own mind, and therapist agrees.

Bah.

Life is meaningless.

EDIT: And NO. There is no need to worry about me. Not suicidal at all, if anyone was concerned about my state of mind. I have way too much to live for, and still so much I want to accomplish with what time I have left in this plane of existence.

EDIT2: And yeah, glad I have that fuckwit JJG on ignore. A pathetic example of an utterly impotent peacock.

Bill Hicks said it best

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

Edit: Try microdosing your fungus Bob
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 05:44:55 PM

Breaking: Bitcoin SV’s Craig S Wright Changes Nationality

https://twitter.com/Todays_Gazette/status/1130888090657218560

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:59:37 PM

Bob has always been an emotional wreck as far back as I can remember.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy    Tongue

No need to remind him right now   Roll Eyes

hahahahaha

It's not about "need."  It's about irresistible impulses.  Didn't you know?

Don't you know that on the interwebs, peeps enjoy kicking other peeps when down?

I have witnessed a similar phenomena even with myself... there is a kind of piling on effect, and someone has got to start it, no?

Why not me? 

Anyhow, I am not "civilized" enough to refrain myself.. you should know that....     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy       Wink
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:00:56 PM

Tether admits in court to investing some of its reserves in bitcoin

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/2019/05/21/tether-admits-in-court-to-investing-some-of-its-reserves-in-bitcoin/

"-In a court transcript obtained exclusively by The Block, Tether admits that it invested some of its reserves in bitcoin

-David Miller, an attorney for Bitfinex said: “Tether actually did invest in instruments beyond cash and cash equivalents, including bitcoin.”

-New York Supreme Court judge Joel M. Cohen questioned the logic. He said: “Tether sounded to me like sort of the calm in the storm of cryptocurrency trading. And so if Tether is backed by bitcoin, how is that consistent? If some of your assets are in a volatile currency that Tether is supposed to somehow modulate, that seems like it’s playing into what they are saying.”

Full transcript :
https://t.co/2S8yXmcrti?amp=1
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12015

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:03:38 PM

Hello da 8
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:17:57 PM

[edited out]

Yeah right.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It seems like a real great idea to share lots of personal information (whether made up or not) on the interwebs, and likely it would be better to just spout out actual made up shit, rather than to actually share too many personal details because in that regard, if other peeps are responding to your posts (in a way that is not emotionally tolerable), then at least it would be much easier to handle..

In other words, anyone who posts too much personal information on the interwebs and expecting sympathy from quasi-anonymous avatars, seem to be inviting their own psychological issues.

Smarter guys (and gal) here seem to refrain from sharing too many personal details (whether true or not), yet of course, there can be times when a certain amount of "seemingly personal details" might be helpful to making various thread "on-topic" related points.. ... so maybe there could be some value in your posts, in terms of other peeps learning that there remains a decent amount of value to attempt to at least try to retain some on-topicness in your posts and to keep out certain kinds of personal details that might be a bit too sensitive in the event that other peeps don't respond in the way you like (which seems almost inevitable on the interwebs  - as inevitable as bitcoin's volatility, which seems to be about 99.9993294367% certain - approximately..... Wink  )
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:21:08 PM

Bitcoin is open source. You cant file a copyright over it.

You can file the copyright -- anyone can. Whether or not it will be granted is a whole 'nother story.

According to this article, the copyright was already granted to be effective as of April 11, 2019.

https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-creator-craig-s-wright-satoshi-nakamoto-granted-us-copyright-registrations-for-bitcoin-white-paper-and-code/

Take a look at https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/2019/05/21/craig-wright-registers-us-copyright-in-bitcoin-0-1-and-the-bitcoin-white-paper-what-this-means/

What can Wright do with this?

Not a lot, really.

Registration is considered prima facie evidence of the claims in the registration — if the registration occurs within five years of first publication. That’s not the case here.

Wright might have some problems suing for copyright violation — for instance, if he wanted to sue those “protocol developer groups” he claims “bastardized” Bitcoin. The software was licensed under the open-source MIT License, which allows all manner of reuse, open or proprietary. The license text is:

Copyright (c) 2009 Satoshi Nakamoto
    Distributed under the MIT/X11 software license, see the accompanying
    file license.txt or http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php.

The license granted is:

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

That is — the MIT License is explicitly a grant of rights to do whatever the hell you like with the software, as long as you include the notice text.

Open source licenses are generally treated as perpetual and irrevocable. There is also estoppel — you can’t release software, encourage its reuse, wait ten years and then sue people for using it under the license you released it under.

So it’s entirely unclear what Wright or nChain get out of this registration. Apart from unimpressed press coverage.

Thanks for that. 

The registration seems to get them a bcash sv pump and dump and bitcoin bashing / FUD spreading opportunity.
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 06:27:37 PM

Good evening WO!

Observing $8,009

There is a news around about Craig F Wrong that he has been granted U.S. copyright as the author of Bitcoin whitepaper and source codes?

What the F**k is that?
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:34:58 PM

Bah.

Life is meaningless.

Sorry, but your post is screaming for help, so i will give you my 2 satoshis of knowledge from an internet stranger:

You may have to change your partner and/or therapist asap.

That's not a joke, just a crude interpretation of what you wrote above, given free from a fellow bitcoiner  Wink
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:36:54 PM

Good evening WO!

Observing $8,009

There is a news around about Craig F Wrong that he has been granted U.S. copyright as the author of Bitcoin whitepaper and source codes?

What the F**k is that?

Mission accomplished for just $35. Tongue
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:41:09 PM

I have collected extensive empirical data and come to the conclusion that...booze doesn't help

Actually Homer Simpson may have uttered the best words ever about it:

Pages: « 1 ... 23630 23631 23632 23633 23634 23635 23636 23637 23638 23639 23640 23641 23642 23643 23644 23645 23646 23647 23648 23649 23650 23651 23652 23653 23654 23655 23656 23657 23658 23659 23660 23661 23662 23663 23664 23665 23666 23667 23668 23669 23670 23671 23672 23673 23674 23675 23676 23677 23678 23679 [23680] 23681 23682 23683 23684 23685 23686 23687 23688 23689 23690 23691 23692 23693 23694 23695 23696 23697 23698 23699 23700 23701 23702 23703 23704 23705 23706 23707 23708 23709 23710 23711 23712 23713 23714 23715 23716 23717 23718 23719 23720 23721 23722 23723 23724 23725 23726 23727 23728 23729 23730 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: