May 04, 2024, 03:09:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26624 26625 26626 26627 26628 26629 26630 26631 26632 26633 26634 26635 26636 26637 26638 26639 26640 26641 26642 26643 26644 26645 26646 26647 26648 26649 26650 26651 26652 26653 26654 26655 26656 26657 26658 26659 26660 26661 26662 26663 26664 26665 26666 26667 26668 26669 26670 26671 26672 26673 [26674] 26675 26676 26677 26678 26679 26680 26681 26682 26683 26684 26685 26686 26687 26688 26689 26690 26691 26692 26693 26694 26695 26696 26697 26698 26699 26700 26701 26702 26703 26704 26705 26706 26707 26708 26709 26710 26711 26712 26713 26714 26715 26716 26717 26718 26719 26720 26721 26722 26723 26724 ... 33320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371738 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Vectra

Activity: 345
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 04:19:05 PM

I made good, good money on Zilliqa trade, closed yesterday for almost 200%,
Wrong thread Sir/Ma'am.

would be if that's all I wrote
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vectra

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 04:20:14 PM

last two days are bit of classic old bitcoin times. the madness all over the place Cheesy

I made good, good money on Zilliqa trade, closed yesterday for almost 200%, so I'm fine wherever btc goes now.

BTC is up over 10 thousand percent since you joined this forum and you're happy with 200% on some piece of shard alt that needed a paid shilling campaign to pomp it?  You don't know good money.  Give your head a shake.

edit: Zilliqa pomp campaign

I am happy with 200% of anything every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Specially, when that 200% is in btc.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 04:20:44 PM

Sucks to be MasterLuc haha  Grin

Sucks to be mindrust  Grin

Our BTC price drop from recent hours brings hopium to no coiners, fence sitters, et al.....

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 04:21:24 PM

Of note is that the bart up was with high volume while the bart down was with much smaller volume.

Not sure about that one Jimbo, looks about the same, maybe even more for down.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 04:29:36 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

Hang on a sec brb, gonna scoop me up hot altcoin Theta, looks like the next big thing!

*looks at chart*

Oh wait.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 04:40:30 PM

Don't want to ruin the party here but I see the 10k top as yet another Bart move. Sorry Wobservers, I will not consider anything bull until 16k.
If I am proven wrong, I will be happy too.  Smiley

Likely there is going to be resistance in the $17k territory, but I doubt that we have to go that far or even to $16k before starting to feel decently comfortable about supra $10k prices, but surely anything within 20% to 30% would likely allow for NOT so difficult to achieve corrections that bring BTC prices back below $10k.. so yeah, maybe it is difficult to get too comfortable in regards to supra $10k until we are above $12.5k or $14k - while at the same time, even a $16k price would not preclude corrections back below $10k, even though there would be approaching 40% correction territory, or more.

Even in our post 2016 halvening, we saw a decent number of relatively shorter term BTC price corrections that were in the 30% to 40% arena, even after going up in price for a while...and with changed times and evolving circumstances, we cannot always expect that previous patterns will hold, including a return to greater volatility, even in the midst of proclamations that bitcoin has been becoming less volatile, even though admittedly, with greater market caps (this time around as compared to our previous 4 year fractal), admittedly it takes more dollars to fuel those hypothesized greater levels of volatility, and with BIG battles, there may be folks on both ends of the battle field ready, willing and able to put some additional fuel into the fire (I know I am mixing metaphors, but hopefully you can still appreciate what I am saying). Wink Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 04:45:10 PM

Fake dump. Next week->10K!

Got this amazing feeling that where going back to the 10k areas in not to long of a time period....

I do love this feeling...

Maximum NON-investment #dyor

The next few days are critical  Wink It will show whether we are building a floor of a bull ladder before the next climb above 10K, or the decline will continue until some solid support is found. These dead cat bounces were typical for the last 2 years. But the odds are now in favour of the bulls IMO. I mean both the halving and the big volume of bitcoins withdrawn from exchanges since March 12th are good premises for the price to increase.

I may not be MasterLuc, but this aged pretty well. Sorry for all those dumpsters that sold way below 9K. And of course, the poor mindrust. I hope he is not having a heart attack or something.   #stronghands #stronghats

Who is masterluc............................. there are no guru’s in btc nor lines to follow or whatever and indeed this aged very well  Cheesy

Sorry to say that there surely are a lot of BTC price "guru wannabes" in these here parts.    Tongue

For every active WO member, there is at least 3 active BTC price guru wannabes...   I don't know how the math works out in that direction, but it seems to.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4469

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 04:48:00 PM

Of note is that the bart up was with high volume while the bart down was with much smaller volume.

Not sure about that one Jimbo, looks about the same, maybe even more for down.

You're right. It is about the same.

I was looking at the 1 hour candles on Stamp. The bart up was about 6300 coins in the main candle. The main down candle was about 3900 coins. The next down candle eventually passed 4400 coins but it was only part way through when I made my observation.

I stand corrected. They're about the same overall.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7986

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 04:52:46 PM

last two days are bit of classic old bitcoin times. the madness all over the place Cheesy

I made good, good money on Zilliqa trade, closed yesterday for almost 200%, so I'm fine wherever btc goes now.

BTC is up over 10 thousand percent since you joined this forum and you're happy with 200% on some piece of shard alt that needed a paid shilling campaign to pomp it?  You don't know good money.  Give your head a shake.

I am happy with 200% of anything every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Specially, when that 200% is in btc.

How much did you bet on it?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 04:54:21 PM

Am I the only one not seeing images in posts today for some reason?

I think you might be. All good here.

He's in denial, nothing to worry about.
Please disperse, nothing to see here.

Very possible.  I was sending the rollercoastergoingup.gif to a friend of mine last night... and now I suppose I have to send the rollercoastergoingdown.gif

But since images have stopped working on the internet there's no use in it.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 04:59:02 PM

Am I the only one not seeing images in posts today for some reason?

I think you might be. All good here.

He's in denial, nothing to worry about.
Please disperse, nothing to see here.

Very possible.  I was sending the rollercoastergoingup.gif to a friend of mine last night... and now I suppose I have to send the rollercoastergoingdown.gif

But since images have stopped working on the internet there's no use in it.

Don't mind, I m sure u find sth to show her

Grin
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 05:00:32 PM

train wagon does not require heating in the cold, people warm it up with themselves. This means that an extra room in the house warms the planet by heating as much. The problem is not in CO2, but in warming up, so if everyone moves to Sahara, the problem of overheating will be solved
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3426
Merit: 4344

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 05:01:37 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2), JayJuanGee (1), Wekkel (1), lightfoot (1)

Coronavirus Cases: 6,419,294. Deaths: 378,959. Recovered: 2,941,419.

- 6,000 new infections being detected daily this week in India.

- Brazil sees record increase as cases jump by 33,000.

- Iran records highest tally of new infections since early April.

- Russia records biggest rise in deaths.

- A sudden rise in cases after three weeks with no new infections in Kitakyushu Japan.

- Colombia extends national quarantine until July.

- Philippines records its highest daily infection rate.

- Cases of community transmission are growing in Africa, particularly in Ethiopia.

- South Africa has a backlog of nearly 100,000 tests.

- Doctors in hospitals across the Chilean capital Santiago said beds are fast running short as new cases spike across the city, Corona patients flooding the system.

- Black and Asian people in England are more likely to die from Covid 19.

- South Korea reported its biggest daily rise in nearly 50 days in the Seoul metropolitan area it may need to bring back social distancing. More than 200 schools have been forced to close just days after they re-opened.

- Jezus couldn't prevent Corona outbreak in a German church.

- Calm before the storm for Japan suicides as Coronavirus ravages economy.

- Mexico City records thousands more deaths than usual, amid doubt over the official Covid 19 toll.

- Riots in the U.S might lead to new super spreaders.

- Singapore braces itself for worst recession since independence.

- A troop of monkeys in India attacked a medical official and snatched away blood samples of patients who had tested positive for Coronavirus.

- Renault, Peugeot and Citroën are saved with 8b Euro.

- LATAM Airlines, South America's largest carrier filed for U.S. bankruptcy.

- 40.8M unemployment filings in 2 month, that's 25% of the US workforce.

- Sweden left out of Nordic border reopenings.

- The Premier League will restart on June 17.

- Formula 1 will begin with a double header in Spielberg in July and Silverstone in August. Zandvoort postponed to 2021.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 05:01:38 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

Until this buying volume...

Looks like this buying volume

...we're not going anywhere but sideways.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 05:02:13 PM

So I am not much on ALTs at all, being a BTC semi-maximalist, and only have any notable holding of ONE alt coin (As well as whatever fork coins I missed out on?).

But this situation has been interesting as the charge forward to >10k was accompanied by a fairly clear loss for alts, as I assume money moved out of them into BTC.  And now today as BTC got hammered they are coming back.

I am fascinated with the situation where alts seem to run counter to BTC - at least in terms of BTC value - vs the (maybe more common?) situation where they move in concert and amplify the losses or gains for Bitcoin.

I find it fascinating, and if my brain was any larger I might develop some theory...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 05:02:48 PM

What a surprise, stock markets rally on riot optimism.

More stimulus. The only thing that matters in the markets today.

Yep. The war between capital and labor continues, history says "always bet on capital".

Is that what we are seeing?

Of course, I tend to give quite a bit of significance to the dynamics between capital and labor, and surely for the powers that be, they are going to be worried that large scale social unrest is not going to allow for the cooperation of labor in their projection of maintaining their supply chains so that they can eat caviar and steak while the masses rummage through processed foods.

Surely, the odds continue to be in favor of capital, and yet we are seeing a lot of panicking of capital.. and some of the panicking seems a bit premature.. but probably has to do with difficulties in which some officials representing capital are having difficulties recognizing more subtle ways to deal with the people - apart from brute force and money printing.

I'd rather say, the war between the ruling elite and the rest. And the rest is being divided between themselves very easily (again).

There is no:
  • black vs white
  • capital vs labour
  • rich vs poor
  • left vs right
  • young vs old
  • x vs y

The most frustrating part is that sufficient power could be taken away from suppressors just by opting out.

The non-violent act of buying Bitcoin.

I agree that there is a lot of value in NOT allowing the powers that be to set the framework in which you view the world, but I really don't agree with the concept that there is a meaningful resolution to "opt out"

fuck that... if you think that you can just create citadels.. the situation needs to be interactive, and of course, bitcoin provides a lot of vehicles with the right incentives to help to remove some of the corruption through incentives, but it makes little to no sense to completely separate out from the masses... that is part of the problem that we have now, and bitcoin seems to help to create some neutral incentives rather than taking sides.
Vectra

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 05:07:57 PM

So I am not much on ALTs at all, being a BTC semi-maximalist, and only have any notable holding of ONE alt coin (As well as whatever fork coins I missed out on?).

But this situation has been interesting as the charge forward to >10k was accompanied by a fairly clear loss for alts, as I assume money moved out of them into BTC.  And now today as BTC got hammered they are coming back.

I am fascinated with the situation where alts seem to run counter to BTC - at least in terms of BTC value - vs the (maybe more common?) situation where they move in concert and amplify the losses or gains for Bitcoin.

I find it fascinating, and if my brain was any larger I might develop some theory...

it's not regular correlation. Alts were being slaughtered when btc was rising from 3k last year, but they were also slaughtered in March this year and on rise after that. They are usually going down when btc moves up after longer period of decline or during big, big bull runs. BTC is first mover in those cases. In these fast moves, it's anyone's guess really.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 05:10:38 PM

Could you please advice; what would be a very userfriendly and safe Android app to be used by the less tech savvy
to buy some BTC and keep them in their own wallet on their phone?

While it's best to always keep your bitcoins safe by keeping them in cold storage ("paper" wallets), from time to time it's necessary to temporarily sweep some of them into an electronic device to transfer them.

For this I recommend Mycelium. It is the mobile wallet application used by all of the OTC dealers I deal with.

It's very easy to use and is as secure as any mobile wallet. While it had some issues with iPhone users at one time, those issues have since been resolved. As an Android user, you should have no problems.

It just plain works. I haven't used anything else for years.

same here, USA based. used mycelium on android for years. i buy at exchange (coinbase) and transfer to wallets under my control (hardware usually). mycelium uses seed words so can be backed up to paper. its pretty easy to use. use the proper phone security features obviously. no rooted phone etc.
Vectra

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 05:11:50 PM

How much did you bet on it?

0.5 BTC, all I had. I am just coming back into crypto. I wish I had more, but unfortunately it was not the right time. It was one of the safest trades I ever made. Year long accumulation at very low levels and breakout. Bit like LTC move from 4$ in 2017, though obviously not that strong move yet. Zilliqa is very nice coin compared to most alts and was criminally underpriced (still probably is) and had great TA. I am not shilling it at all, I've sold all I had for now, though I'm probably going to buy again if it retracts as I hope it will now. I believe there will be another opportunity for similar trade soon.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 05:27:28 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2020, 05:49:59 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

I’m impatient but  I will wait.

Hahahahaaha

I am hoping that you do not pull a mindrust.   (o.k.  I am exaggerating, a bit)

Some of your seemingly true statements that reflect your intentions and plans come off as a bit scary sometimes, and geez, think about it..... what happens if we only get $45k out of this next exponential run, and you have not sold any and you have to wait 4 more years for supra $45k?  

I expect that would not be a happy LFC, even though I suspect that you would not go as far as employing a mindrust because the more that we consider the mindrust specifics, the less and less sense that the specifics makes, even though we can still express our concerns that other WO members (who we have gotten to know through our years of HODLing) might not have enough financial and psychological preparations to be ready for various scenarios that fall somewhat short of their "bare minimum" expectations.

You likely already realize where I am going with this, and that is my suggestion that you prepare yourself (and everyone else, too, prepare ur lil selfies financially and psychologically) for a variety of scenarios, including extreme scenarios that are outside of your expectations....

At the same time.. surely, you are responsible for your own situation.. so I will still respect you in the morning Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy #nohomo, even if I believe (from my own lame perspective) that you might be gambling a bit too much with your BTC strategies.

[edited out]

I am with you on this one LFC.
I have already moved 10% of my precious to an exchange and setup staggered sell orders ranging from £45000 to £60000.
I know it's way too early but we know how bitcoin goes when she starts hauling ass.

I am certainly not opposed to setting up sell orders early, and currently my sell orders only go up to about $35k, but those are orders that are still on the books from our 2017 BTC price run...   I also have enough BTC already in my exchange accounts to sell to about $60k... Nonetheless, I will likely revisit the idea in the $25k territory.. and for sure, none of us should be waiting until the last minute to make some of these preparations... which is a kind of gambling in itself.... but of course, we can also just have a plan to do certain things at certain price points, but we also have to be careful in regards to if we will be able to move coins during excitement periods.

Surely, putting BTC sell orders on the book can help you to concretize your commitment to the idea, and of course, you are not locked into those BTC sell order amounts or increments because you can tweak them any time that you like (unless you lose access to your account, which also can happen sometimes during exciting time periods or even your own personal circumstances of being kidnapped or in a coma and then maybe you would want to have your orders executed rather than having had missed the opportunity).  Since you are talking in terms of £ (pounds)... currently, that is about 20-25% higher than the dollar face value amount...(£45000 to £60000 would be about $56,400 to $75,000) so yeah it is seeming kind of high, as a starting point, and it also seems that your range is pretty damned narrow (like gambling), but of course, your plan to sell only about 10% of your BTC stash within that price range seems to have that part of the prudence covered.. that you are not going full bore.    
Pages: « 1 ... 26624 26625 26626 26627 26628 26629 26630 26631 26632 26633 26634 26635 26636 26637 26638 26639 26640 26641 26642 26643 26644 26645 26646 26647 26648 26649 26650 26651 26652 26653 26654 26655 26656 26657 26658 26659 26660 26661 26662 26663 26664 26665 26666 26667 26668 26669 26670 26671 26672 26673 [26674] 26675 26676 26677 26678 26679 26680 26681 26682 26683 26684 26685 26686 26687 26688 26689 26690 26691 26692 26693 26694 26695 26696 26697 26698 26699 26700 26701 26702 26703 26704 26705 26706 26707 26708 26709 26710 26711 26712 26713 26714 26715 26716 26717 26718 26719 26720 26721 26722 26723 26724 ... 33320 »
  Print  

Jump to: