May 11, 2024, 01:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29877 29878 29879 29880 29881 29882 29883 29884 29885 29886 29887 29888 29889 29890 29891 29892 29893 29894 29895 29896 29897 29898 29899 29900 29901 29902 29903 29904 29905 29906 29907 29908 29909 29910 29911 29912 29913 29914 29915 29916 29917 29918 29919 29920 29921 29922 29923 29924 29925 29926 [29927] 29928 29929 29930 29931 29932 29933 29934 29935 29936 29937 29938 29939 29940 29941 29942 29943 29944 29945 29946 29947 29948 29949 29950 29951 29952 29953 29954 29955 29956 29957 29958 29959 29960 29961 29962 29963 29964 29965 29966 29967 29968 29969 29970 29971 29972 29973 29974 29975 29976 29977 ... 33340 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381525 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 08:01:27 PM

Explanation
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 08:03:02 PM
Merited by fillippone (2), JayJuanGee (1), jojo69 (1)

Executive order 6102 was the 1933 order whereby Roosevelt confiscated physical gold. [...]
https://twitter.com/TuurDemeester/status/1475550819344961540
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10234

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 08:03:56 PM

Not really, of course, right now, but in 1981, the interest rate was 15.8%, imagine that.

Savings accounts died in 1971. Numerous investment opportunities exist for those who do their own research.

Perhaps you are correct about the beginning of the end of savings accounts in 1971, but the transition from 1971 to our present state of affairs was not totally unhealthy.. I mean we are talking about 50 years of various kinds of adapting to a lot of financially related systems during that time.

Regarding your second sentence, it seems that a lot of folks could get distracted into believing that they need to earn some kind of a yield and getting fucked out of way too many of their bitcoins, so I would be careful in playing around with more than 10% of your bitcoin stash in terms of those kinds of various investment products, and likely figuring out ways to accumulate bitcoin through less tricky and straightforward means is already going to allow folks to potentially get rich as fuck (relatively speaking) without putting too much of their capital at risk.

The pain is real…!!!

You should provide a link or a date or something.. I did a quickie look at the financial times twitter feed and I did not see that tweet at the top of what came up through my search, and I did not really want to spend a lot of time digging through where that tweet might reside.. so I suppose that part of my point (questioning) is about the date of that particular tweet.. and just thinking that sometimes a link can be handy in order that any of us can actually verify a tweet when it comes up... I know that some other members do that too... they just link a tweet, so we can see the source, so it may not be easy to actually find the original tweet.. even if we know who had supposedly tweeted it.
bitebits
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 08:18:03 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), shahzadafzal (1)

@JJG

December 22 2021
Why bitcoin is worse than a Madoff-style Ponzi scheme
A Ponzi scheme is a zero-sum enterprise. But bitcoin is a negative-sum phenomenon that you can’t even pursue a claim against, argues Robert McCauley.

https://archive.fo/acY5H
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2912

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 08:18:30 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

The pain is real…!!!

You should provide a link or a date or something.. I did a quickie look at the financial times twitter feed and I did not see that tweet at the top of what came up through my search, and I did not really want to spend a lot of time digging through where that tweet might reside.. so I suppose that part of my point (questioning) is about the date of that particular tweet.. and just thinking that sometimes a link can be handy in order that any of us can actually verify a tweet when it comes up... I know that some other members do that too... they just link a tweet, so we can see the source, so it may not be easy to actually find the original tweet.. even if we know who had supposedly tweeted it.

https://twitter.com/financialtimes/status/1474032442935816209?s=21

Well the news was published on 22 December 2021 but tweeted on next day on 23 December.

By the way source “Ads Uploader for Twitter” confirms this was a promoted tweet since all their other tweets are via “SocialFlow”.

https://www.ft.com/content/83a14261-598d-4601-87fc-5dde528b33d0
bitebits
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 08:31:44 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (3), JayJuanGee (1)

https://twitter.com/DylanLeClair_/status/1475559113841074186
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10234

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 08:54:16 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Observing $51,057 & hopeful of a continuation of the bull run. I know I sold 25% (after so many years hodling) but nothing would make me happier than seeing us break out to the upside & see new ath’s in 2022. I feel like we’re at a bit of a crossroads at the moment. As JJG says, this feels like no mans land. We’re either going to pump massively or the bull run is over & we go below $30,000.

I’m well prepared for either direction but much prefer up. I just don’t think we’re going to consolidate in this current price range for long. It’ll be a volatile move in either direction soon.

I don't know we kind of went sideways most of 2021 feb 18 2021 we first topped 51k and dec 27 2021 just about 51k

I feel covid-19 stretched the cycle and made it weird.

the s2f guy should claim this for twisting his model out of shape.

I doubt that it is very healthy to be considering that macro-events should attempt to be co-integrated into bitcoin's price dynamics - even though I understand and appreciate that a lot of people want to make those kinds of correlations to some of our macro-events.  Sure in the short term, bitcoin is going to have all kinds of small information pieces in which any of us could identify signs of correlation - but if we zoom the fuck out a wee bit, it should become obviously more difficult to make such correlation assertions.

In other words.. bitcoin likely gives few fucks about these various short-term events.. even though on a long term scale, we can likely appreciate that on the margins there has been some possible acceleration of the bitcoin adoption ideas which largely would put pressures on bitcoin's price to the upside rather than keeping it down.

In other words, the so many clown world policies and activities around various reactions to the virus and even the ongoing horey-sheit contradictions that have been becoming more and more apparent, even to a lot of us who had been more than willing to give some benefits of the doubt to the actual reality of the virus, but so much of the impacts of the virus has seemed to have turned into quasi-purposeful manipulations rather than a bunch of incompetents in various governments around the world... Anyhow, my part of my point was supposed to be that even if there might seem to be some downward price pressures on bitcoin (or delays in the cycle as you refer to this, philip), I doubt that the actual bitcoin price dynamics evidence clearly supports that king daddy had been delayed based on some baloney macro matters going on in clown world.

Furthermore, just to attempt to bolster the point that I already made, do you even remember when some of the phoney baloney matters in regards to the virus and policy and financial reactions began?  Bitcoin had broken above $10k and then was correcting around mid-$7ks in early 2020 - including March 2020, when it's prices were cut in half (almost) in a very short period of time.. so yeah, we had a correction down to $3,850.. that lasted nearly two weeks in the $4k to $6k arena before gravitating back up to $10k-ish in August/September, and whether we want to consider our BTC price run starting from that March 2020 related liquidation event or even if we start our BTC price run assessment from $10k-ish (which is what I favor doing), we still got a fucking 7x price appreciation out of the period from September 2020 to present - even if we are seeming to be currently bouncing between a 4x and 6x price appreciation range in recent months...and maybe for some time into the future.. perhaps? perhaps?

I am just having some difficulties appreciating even how a somewhat conservative assessment of a 4x to 6x price appreciation in bitcoin in the past year and a half of so can be even remotely considered as anything close to correlation to clown-world or even to the corona virus matters or however you want to frame this.  Do what you like, but it just seems that the evidence is quite lacking and even faulting in terms of having way more fantasy-landia spin rather than actual bitcoin assessment facts.

and last 23 days of this month  are between 47k and 51k

So sideways looks like the theme.  @ JJG I know BTC does not go sideways.  Until it does Grin

Got a give you at least some credit for your attempt at a fantasy-landia reframing of reality... Maybe an "E" for effort?

Yes.. sometimes we get caught in sideways for a while.. and sometimes we have some difficulties knowing how long such sideways is going to last, but if you are projecting continued sideways (or assigning high probabilities to sideways) based on the fact that sideways has already happened then you may be getting caught in some false senses of lull... 

For sure, if we want to attempt to get specific in our projections, whether we are referring to UP, DOWN or sideways, we should be attempting to also put some kind of timeline on those kinds of projections - in order to have some kind of actual semblance of utility, no?

So for example one thing would be to proclaim sideways through January and another thing would be to proclaim sideways through the whole first quarter of 2022 or even into some specific date that lands in the second quarter of 2022..   

Differing probabilities are going to be assigned based on what timeline you choose.  I don't necessarily want to flesh out this idea too much philip because you are the one that proclaimed sideways without exactly assigning any kind of date nor assigning any kind of date range for your projection, but let's just take a claim that projects continued sideways through January 2022..and you pick the price and you pick the date.. but in this case, I will pick the price and date, since I am the one giving the example.

So just like in my last response to dragonvslinux, I am suggesting that I give few shits unless we start getting close to what I consider to be our current range, which is $42k to $62k.. so in that regard, I might say that sideways within that chosen range has decently high probabilities.    So within the price range of $42k to $62k, maybe I would proclaim down/sideways/up accordingly:    30/32/38... I am kind of spontaneously throwing these numbers out there.. and maybe I might need to think about them a bit more if I want to tweak them or not for that range and that time period... but anyhow you do see that I have higher assignments of probabilities to up and sideways than to down, so I am not completely opposed to the idea of sideways, but for sure any such claim is going to depend upon what range you choose, and if you choose a very narrow range or a very long period of time, then for sure you are more likely going to have to pick a smaller assignment of probabilities for sideways, no? especially with bitcoin, no? 

So a lot of times, when I feel that I have to chime in and say that bitcoin no does not work like that, especially when it comes to sideways, it seems that sometimes people are spouting out way too high of likelihood that they assign to sideways within too narrow of a range and for too long.. even though such sideways might end up happening within the framework that they had chosen, but sure anything can happen, and the mere fact that it had happened would likely not really give much if anything to credence that they actually knew enough about the future to have had made their prediction come true (so it ends up being luck), even when more frequently the thing that happens is that people want to strive for too much of a sorcerer status.. and sure they might end up coming out as correct within their prediction.. but geez.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:01:36 PM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:11:20 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2021, 09:26:20 PM by OutOfMemory
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

@JJG

December 22 2021
A Ponzi scheme is a zero-sum enterprise. But bitcoin is a negative-sum phenomenon that you can’t even pursue a claim against, argues Robert McCauley.

An opinion, while a strange one, i'd summarize the article.
What stands out is this:

And the operators take away a large portion of the money.

Who should resemble the "operators" of the "ponzi scheme", Bitcoin is accused as in the scope of the article?
Early adopters?
Miners?

As the author wrote all the four observations, of which the above is one, ring true for Bitcoin, without further explanation.

Observing $51,057 & hopeful of a continuation of the bull run. I know I sold 25% (after so many years hodling) but nothing would make me happier than seeing us break out to the upside & see new ath’s in 2022. I feel like we’re at a bit of a crossroads at the moment. As JJG says, this feels like no mans land. We’re either going to pump massively or the bull run is over & we go below $30,000.

I’m well prepared for either direction but much prefer up. I just don’t think we’re going to consolidate in this current price range for long. It’ll be a volatile move in either direction soon.

I don't know we kind of went sideways most of 2021 feb 18 2021 we first topped 51k and dec 27 2021 just about 51k

I feel covid-19 stretched the cycle and made it weird.

the s2f guy should claim this for twisting his model out of shape.

and last 23 days of this month  are between 47k and 51k

So sideways looks like the theme.  @ JJG I know BTC does not go sideways.  Until it does Grin

I rather think that China's exit from the crypto market delayed the cycle(s). Not only by taking huge volume out, which has mostly been picked up bravely by other participants, but also by shifting hashpower to different locations, worldwide.
Covid brought us some very time/event correlated dips, but as the uncertainty vanished, the price went up again, to compensating orders.
It's now a question of other nations to follow suit to China, but the impact(s) should be comparably low, imho.

OOM's back from christmas "holidays" (which were more like hard work), undersexed again, but wife was starting to try some suggested methods to combat her PMDS (or "light" PMDD) recently. It can only get better, imho.
Hope y'all had an awesome christmas time  Grin

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 2912

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:24:23 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

What stands out is this:

Who should resemble the "operators" of the "ponzi scheme", Bitcoin is accused as in the scope of the article?
Early adopters?
Miners?

As the author wrote all the four observations, of which the above is one, ring true for Bitcoin, without further explanation.

Actually they know there’s no way they can prove such claims against bitcoin.

This was just a clickbait and the title itself “Bitcoin is worse than a Ponzi Scheme”. “Title” was the one they were selling not the article not the facts or any thing.

Because they know most people will read the tweet and headline and that’s all.

And that’s what happened if you read top comment on Twitter, it’s clear they didn’t read the article and accepted the title.

I totally agree. Burning millions in fossil fuels daily to generate electricity for what? Ether and a system designed by organized crime to launder billions in any country they want.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12090

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:26:14 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), BobLawblaw (2), Torque (1)

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12090

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:27:00 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (5), jojo69 (1)

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:29:38 PM

What stands out is this:

Early adopters?
Miners?

Actually they know there’s no way they can prove such claims against bitcoin.

This was just a clickbait and the title itself “Bitcoin is worse than a Ponzi Scheme”. “Title” was the one they were selling not the article not the facts or any thing.

Because they know most people will read the tweet and headline and that’s all.

And that’s what happened if you read top comment on Twitter, it’s clear they didn’t read the article and accepted the title.

I totally agree. Burning millions in fossil fuels daily to generate electricity for what? Ether and a system designed by organized crime to launder billions in any country they want.

True, i didn't read the comments.
The article really has that "eat or die" appeal to it, lacking explanations and reasoning.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2940

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:30:13 PM

@JJG

December 22 2021

What stands out is this:

Early adopters?
Miners?

While in the fiat scheme, the "operators" do not take away anything. Amirite?
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:36:00 PM

@JJG

December 22 2021

What stands out is this:

Early adopters?
Miners?

Yorite.
They only add.
Brrrrrrrr  Wink
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:45:06 PM

@JJG

December 22 2021

What stands out is this:

Early adopters?
Miners?

in the other "ponzi", who do i "pursue a claim against" for giving me 0.001% on my savings account and brrr-ing 40% of currency in 1-2 years?
a rhetorical question.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2091
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 09:54:43 PM
Merited by JimboToronto (1)

FT Alphaville, also known as a home of Izabella Kaminska

Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 10:01:28 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 11:01:27 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2021, 12:01:36 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 29877 29878 29879 29880 29881 29882 29883 29884 29885 29886 29887 29888 29889 29890 29891 29892 29893 29894 29895 29896 29897 29898 29899 29900 29901 29902 29903 29904 29905 29906 29907 29908 29909 29910 29911 29912 29913 29914 29915 29916 29917 29918 29919 29920 29921 29922 29923 29924 29925 29926 [29927] 29928 29929 29930 29931 29932 29933 29934 29935 29936 29937 29938 29939 29940 29941 29942 29943 29944 29945 29946 29947 29948 29949 29950 29951 29952 29953 29954 29955 29956 29957 29958 29959 29960 29961 29962 29963 29964 29965 29966 29967 29968 29969 29970 29971 29972 29973 29974 29975 29976 29977 ... 33340 »
  Print  

Jump to: