April 27, 2024, 10:55:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 [30276] 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 30325 30326 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368549 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 11:11:35 PM

After a massive surgery last year…. 8 March 2022 will remembered when losing my best friend.

That's all I've got Dude, so sorry for your loss...

It's a cruel joke. Man's perfect companion, the epidimy of loyalty love and adoration. Play, fight, eat, or sleep always by our side. No better friend, except... only 1 sixth of our average lifespan.
There are no words that can ease the pain you feel, only time can dull its sharp edge. But know this, the man who has never felt sorrow is a man who was never truly loved. Your pain is proof positive of his love for you, and yours for him. Now his pain is over but the love carries on.

First of all, i feel very sorry for your loss, El_duderino.
I grew up with dogs, i had one myself, had two girlfriends with dog(s), one of them i married. (EDIT: The girlfriend, of course!)
Wonderful creatures, great partners, best friends.
As long as your pal will be remembered, he's still kind of alive. In your memories. Still, very hard to let them go. I hope he didn't have to suffer in his final times.

My way to cope with the lifespan issue is that i try to become aware, as often as possible, that a dog lives every second of its life to the fullest. Every moment could be the start of the next adventure. Putting so much energy into living a life so intense, results in a much more "dense" life, while as a human, you are mostly raised and educated to live a "flat" life, fulfilling some purpose in a society, like a gearwheel. Until you get replaced. Dogs are none like that. They have a distinct, important role in their pack, may it only be as small as a pack of two. A dog can be your master at life, when you allow it.

It's a cruel joke.

Existence is a cruel joke.

Then you get to die at the end, go to Heaven, and have a very impassioned eternal debate with God about what the fucking point of all that was, anyway.

Fucking stupid space rock...

Bob, don't overthink it. A human life is precious, scarce (most people only get one) and thus of infinite value. It's a gift, so fucking treat it like a gift.
Consider the probabilities, in the great chaos of existence, in this place of the universe (or multiverse), spits out a solar system as the home of a stupid space rock with a life expectation like a drop of water - compared to the oceans - to create a time slice with perfect conditions to form an environment where carbon molecules bind to each other with the help of other elements and create complex, living creatures that learn to walk, talk, read/write, become aware and express their emotions, originating in a massive organic supercomputer, reduced to the size of half a football and giving you this experience to connect with other human beings, in real life, as well as in this here space basically consisting of ones and zeros. The chance of us witnessing the birth and evolution of Bitcoin, a once-in-a-lifetime-of-a-stupid-space-rock-opportunity? Almost NIL! Acknowlegde how fucking lucky you are. Everyone of us should. This is a way to express our gratefulness.

And heaven, my dear, as well as hell are just states of perception, or states of being. The genius mind of Nietzsche figured that out, so you better acknowledge this as a truth.
You can almost go nuts through the many forms of happiness, as well as through the many forms of pain. Just let that sink in, i'm sure you will get it.

By the way: Thanks to the church for manipulating the teachings of this enlightened dude called "Jesus", to control their followers with fear, uncertainty and doubt, when instead they should guide them to reach the state of "heaven" in their one life, like their original master intended. So fuck the church, i can't repeat it often enough. (EDIT: Better praise Albert Hofmann, by the way, which discovered a great opportunity to sneak peek into this).

It's our stupid, displeased ego that despises this wonderful state of being as a cruel joke. Don't fall for that, or you will be stay most time of your life in the "hell"-state.
There's no more chance, and you don't know when it's over. Make something out of it. Don't let your stupid ever-ranting ego make you just throw it away.

A dog has no ego. It must be a wonderful life. They will teach you, if you let them.
Sometimes i thought they want to teach us, as hard as they can, but we just seem not to be able to understand them.
You wanted to get dogs on the farm, didn't you?  Wink

(edited a bit, via multiple takes)

Started  thinking as I read your post, isn't " fulfilling some purpose in a society, like a gearwheel" and "have a distinct, important role in their pack" the same thing? and isn't that why dogs fit so good in human packs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 11:31:08 PM

And Russia is about to shoot down US marked planes. Who would've ever thought American MIG-29s. Whoever thought of this should get a Darwin award

The authorities of the Republic of Poland, after consultations between the President and the Goverment, are ready to deploy – immediately and free of charge – all their MIG-29 jets to the Ramstein Air Base and place them at the disposal of the Government of the United States of America.
https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy/statement-of-the-minister-of-foreign-affairs-of-the-republic-of-poland-in-connection-with-the-statement-by-the-us-secretary-of-state-on-providing-airplanes-to-ukraine

Gulp

“Very little of the nation of Ukraine is not covered by some sort of Russian surface-to-air missile capability, and they are also conducting offensive air strikes through missiles launched by aircraft as well as by mobile launchers,” the official said.
https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-08-22/h_9559f8208e133433517f26f796214e37

What can possibly go wrong

Poland is trading their old Soviet planes for F 16s, the Soviet planes will then be given to Ukraine to be flown by ukrainian pilots under ukranian national markings.
The reason is of course that ukrainian pilots are trained on these planes and not western planes, and pilot training is something that takes a long time, something Ukraine doesnt have.
Polish pilots on the other hand have flown modern western jets for quite some time, for example Swedish JAS Gripen.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 11:37:55 PM

He looks like a good boy trying to chew through that nonsense candy.

I can give you my psycho advice if you want to ask for 'grief advice'. (it may or may not work) .. But meanwhile, you must stay strong and respect the experience his soul chose to have in this life around you, with the good and the bad, the goofy and the cunning. You gave him an experience that enriched his journey towards the next life.
heslo

Activity: 1160
Merit: 943

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 11:40:22 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3)

After a massive surgery last year…. 8 March 2022 will remembered when losing my best friend.

Oh dude, massive condolences. Dogs are the fucking best! Remember the good times because I'm sure as hell as good as they were for you, it was the same for him Smiley
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 11:45:48 PM

... I don't know by what twisted logic the DoD (cia?) US-funded bioweapons labs are wanted/needed in Ukraine but I know that there is no way in hell USA would allow Russian-funded bioweapon labs in Mexico

https://www.europereloaded.com/is-there-more-to-the-ukraine-russia-conflict-than-meets-the-eye/

https://realrawnews.com/2022/02/putin-tells-trump-were-burning-the-trash-biolaboratories-destroyed/

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-military-bio-labs-in-ukraine-production-of-bio-weapons-and-disease-causing-agents/5605307
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 11:47:08 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (11)

Tragic beyond my ability to adequately express in words.

I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved family member.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 11:55:49 PM

Started  thinking as I read your post, isn't " fulfilling some purpose in a society, like a gearwheel" and "have a distinct, important role in their pack" the same thing? and isn't that why dogs fit so good in human packs.

No, because the gearwheel can't turn on it's own and is just to be replaced if it's defective.

The role in the pack can change on agreement with the pack, and members bring themselves in as the individuals they are.

Or put another, more simple way:

Function can easily be replaced, but not personality.

Dogs integrate well with humans, because they see no big difference between human and dog. The dog becomes a little like the human, which helps building relations.
Relationships wouldn't be possible without adjusting to each other to some extent.

I still feel like i didn't make the point clear enough, but it might give you a good hint.
Sure, there are "functional dogs" too, but these were not inside the scope of my example.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 12:00:49 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

And again...  Roll Eyes

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/03/social-media-posts-misrepresent-u-s-ukraine-threat-reduction-program/

When my oldest son is flushing the toilet after a sitting, with that scent before he opens the window.... He may be considered as being a bioweapon on social media, too  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

As they say,
The first casualty of war is the truth
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 12:01:25 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 12:41:17 AM
Merited by PrivacyG (5)

Why would we need to flesh that out here?  It seems very unimportant in terms of deciding which shitcoin is less shitty.. and take that irrelevant talk somewhere else because any kind of discussion and attention to various shitcoins just ends up in a devolving increased discussion of irrelevant and distracting bullshit  - and ain't nobody got time for that.
May have sounded like I was initiating a Shitcoin comparison, but that was not the point I attempted to make.  I often have a stupid tendency to unconsciously deviate from subjects, and hopefully this is not a symptom of mental issues.

I will take the terms I mentioned in my last post and remove "Shitcoin" and "Altcoin" from the list.  We are left with Ponzi, Decentralized, Anonymity, CBDCs.  All of these are words that have been used before to deceive investors interested in Bitcoin.  Some are using them outside of their definition specifically to create multiple definitions of a term.  Mainstream media with anti Bitcoin agendas do exactly this.  Bitcoin been called a Ponzi scheme and an Anonymous currency before.  CBDC's have been talked about as if they are the next big thing after Bitcoin.

Throughout my experience here, I noticed a specific lack of education regarding all of these terms I have mentioned above.  This, I believe, affects Bitcoin more than anything else.  

Fair enough that you want to abstract those ideas away from their association from shitcoins and that you want to discuss those concepts as they may well relate to bitcoin.

I doubt that any of us are claiming to be experts on the various concepts, and many of us may well be guilty as charged in terms of mixing our various concepts or not really knowing the meanings of the words that we use.

Furthermore, we are at differing levels of education, understanding and even our newbie-ness in terms of bitcoin or even our newbie-ness in terms of trying to grapple with some of the terms that you may well be suggesting that there is some kind of need for us to know the difference between the concepts.

By the way, sometimes I believe that I know a term, and then I start out to write out a response, and then I will realize that either I do not know it, or I am learning about the topic as I write it out... or at least getting a better understanding of the concept because of my attempt to engage with it.   You know that saying, one of the best ways to learn about a topic is to teach it.. not even claiming that all teachers know their topics very well, but I bet that their attempts to teach it cause them to be more knowledgeable about their topics than they would have been absent attempting to teach it.

For a privacy advocate, being falsely told Bitcoin is anonymous may lead to grave consequences of their actions.  

Yes.. there are all kinds of levels to this.

For someone who thinks they are late, they will leave Bitcoin to the side and watch its price runs while waiting for 'the next big thing'.  

Yes.. we see this all the time... some people are fooled into such a posture, and others figure out that waiting might not be the right play... actually in bitcoin, waiting tends to not be the better of the plays, as you seem to be suggesting.

Sure, this can be solved by individual research.  But we both know most people take everything for granted.  

People come into bitcoin with varying levels of experience and knowledge, so surely some people are starting out ahead.  But some people might come in dumb as a rock, but if they are only 14 years old, they may well have quite a bit of time to learn... Some people learn critical thinking skills early in life, and some take longer and some never really learn.

Actually, I know that there are quite a few bitcoiners who assert that college is not needed, and sure there may be some correctness in that, yet I credit college for my learning how to learn how to think.. and I had tried various kinds of self-study of topics before going to college, and it seems to me that I spent a lot of time spinning my wheels.. sure some people know how to learn how to learn earlier in life than others and some people need fewer mentors.. but sometimes some of our experiences can cause us to have various blind-spots that we do not necessarily realize that we have until some time later down the road.  

Another thing is that many of us probably go through stages in our teenage years when we think that we know everything... Can be dangerous, but at the same time, maybe it is necessary to go through those phases?

It was previously thought boomers were the ones to believe everything on the Internet is true.  I unfortunately think it is not just boomers but the majority of everyone using the Internet now.

We are all susceptible to some of this.  For example, when I first heard about bitcoin, I had a week or so in which I was thinking that there was some impracticalities in bitcoin because if bitcoin is $600, then how is it going to be used to buy a soda (or coffee) for example?  So, even after I realized that bitcoin is divisible, it still did not sink in my skull regarding how powerful that is, but also that so many people have difficulties working with fractions of numbers rather than whole numbers.. so there is power in the satoshi but also power in the concept of a bitcoin having 100 million satoshis, but without working with the ideas for a while, some of those basic kinds of ideas do not sink in, and so many folks can get caught up in wanting to buy some shitcoin because they are more easily able to buy whole units... and even if it sounds pretty dumb when explained, it still takes a certain amount of experience and grappling with the matter in order to really shed some of the dumb preconceptions in respect to unit bias.  

There are all kinds of examples of ways in which a lot of really smart people will sometimes have difficulties getting over various basic concepts, including something like unit bias, so there are a lot of ways that their inclinations can be played with.. remember the blocksize wars?  It took a long time for people to get over the idea of big blocks being better because it sounds so much better to have big blocks.. so there is a kind of intuition that can lead people into a kind of wrong way of thinking because they are ONLY thinking about the matter from a narrow set of angles.

In consequence, what I am trying to point out is that this is an issue affecting Bitcoin directly.  Everyone knows what Fiat is, why banknotes can not be counterfeited, why banks are not anonymous.  I am looking forward to the moment the majority will call Bitcoin the way it is and understand why it makes no sense for a public ledger to be called Anonymous, for CBDC's which have nothing to do with Cryptocurrencies to be called a Cryptocurrency and so on and so forth.  Fortunately, lately I have been noticing a change.  Bitcoin is named so much less often Anonymous, which is good.

You are going to be waiting a long ass time if you are expecting normies to all of a sudden become smart.

You've heard of the Pareto 80/20 distribution, no?  Anyhow, it does not need to be a criticism, but the 80/20 Pareto dynamic seems to be a pretty decent default presumption regarding how long it might take for people to start to "get it."  Furthermore, there are concepts in which certain kinds of knowledge can be attributed to generations, and it is not like I want to proclaim that people are not capable of learning things, but learning about new systems come through increments.. whether we are referring to getting accustomed to cars instead of horses, radios instead of newpapers, internet instead of tvs or whatever various kinds of adoption of technologies and social interactions and just social interaction systems that are in place.

But forgive and correct me if I am wrong, I think for this education to happen we need to extend this kind of education outside this giant bubble of Bitcoin?  Bitcoin is massive, but it seems to me that the influence coming from every hype trend seemingly happening outside of it is so much bigger than Bitcoin's is.  This can be further used to build Bitcoin's image in a better way.  Just imagine the term Decentralized was actually used properly.  Bitcoin would be known as one of the VERY FEW Cryptocurrencies that are known to be Decentralized.

There are all kinds of people engaged in various forms of bitcoin education, and I suppose that our mere participation in this forum might suggest that some of us may well have some role in that too.. even if it ends up playing out in minor ways.   Some people seem as if they want to rush some of the process, and perhaps whether you view the progress in a positive light or negative light is upon you.  

Whether you consider that we ONLY have less than 1% word adoption or you buy into the claims that 10% or more adoption exists, in any event we are way new in this world of bitcoin, and by the way, even though there are a lot of smart people who are proclaiming that knowledge of bitcoin is high and adoption levels are getting high and everyone knowns about bitcoin or has heard of it, I believe that is a bunch of bullshit.  We have people who have been "in bitcoin" for quite a long time who have very few clues about what bitcoin is, and we even have people who are denoted as being "in bitcoin" but they might only have 1% or less of their assets in bitcoin (which I frequently proclaim as a whimpy allocation)... and for a lot of no coiners, 1% would be a pretty damned good start when they continue to fail/refuse to invest in bitcoin because they believe that they know what it is and the proclaim with a pretty high level of conviction that they know where it is going.. which is not up..., hahahahahaha.. a lot of these people (no coiners - or even precoiners) are going to be coming around to bitcoin in the coming 5 to 10 to 20 years, and sure some of them are going to take longer than others because they have to wait until everyone else is already doing it before they start to feel that it is safe to get a bit since it seems to be catching on.

In other words, there is a lot of reluctance to be ahead of the curve.. and a lot of difficulties to appreciate that bitcoin still has a whole hell of a lot of more upside potential and it is not even as close to as mature as so many folks are painting (or presuming) it to be.

Humans are seeking trends.  Let's make proper Bitcoin education a trend.  Let's make Decentralized trendy.  True decentralization I mean.  This is what I am on about.

Good.  You go do it.

We have all kinds of people who proclaim that there is not enough education out there, and some of them want to recruit others, some of them go out and attempt to make efforts themselves and others just complain about it.. so if you are a go getter type then have fun.. .. by the way, there are some folks who are go getter types, but they are way the fuck too impatient (maybe Roger Ver types) so they go out to educate people and they believe that they are going to change bitcoin and make it into their own vision... good luck with that, if you happen to be a Roger Ver type who seems to not want to accept the is.. and happens to be a go getter, too.

Now I can only hope I have not deviated from the subject again.  And if I did, I shall remain silent here for a while.  

You seemed to be more on topic with this latter way of framing the matter... and of course, you are free to say whatever you like and to frame matters however, you like, but if regulars here start to believe that you are pumping some kind of project or lecturing us or promoting a shitcoin then many of us are likely to complain about it, even if we misunderstood what you had been attempting to do.  Some guys get in BIG fights here over seemingly nothing;.. or even over some miscommunications, and other guys have thicker skins.. so sometimes, even if we might go at each other and even get mad at each other, sometimes we can still get through the differences of opinions and the differing ways of framing matters if we do not take things too personally.. which so far seems that you have not gotten too emotional yet.. but sometimes guys are going to push your buttons, even on purpose..  not even excluding yours truly from that kind of childish behavior....  hahahaha

So either way, I may thank you, JayJuanGee for the discussion I surely enjoyed having with you.

You did not say: "nohomo"   Angry Angry Angry

-
Regards,
PrivacyG

just kidding.... .. You have been bring some good perspectives to the thread.. so even if we do not always agree, it is nice to see members such as yourself attempt to defend their positions and sometimes adjust their positions when necessary... sometimes it seems necessary to adjust positions or even to change or tweak perspectives as well.....
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 01:01:20 AM

Explanation
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 01:02:05 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2022, 01:37:08 AM by marcus_of_augustus

... nice story bro ... except you've bought the bullshit story hook, line and sinker.

... you need to reconcile why Nuland has just testifed to the Senate that these "biolabs" could be used for false flag attacks? ... lovely safe "biolabs" ya got there that can produce bioweapon attacks huh?
https://twitter.com/Freedom41020/status/1501307257652277249

... strangely she knows, 100%, that if these super-safe biolabs have a release it will because "the russians did it!" ... you can't believe that crap coming from duplicitous, scheming coup-plotter like nuland can you?

... they've been caught red-handed operating bioweapon labs on russia's border, look how nervous she is ... believe what you like but be prepared to live with the consequences of wanton ignorance
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 01:02:39 AM

You can feel that, right?

This sure has been a shitty supercycvle.

So far.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 01:34:10 AM

... and repeat after me there is no Central Bank inflation

... only "Putin war inflation"

... amazing that, Central Banks printed 10's of trillion$$ and no inflation ... but Putin did it! oh yeah

... now repeat your good little children bedtime story narratives ... or you will be cancelled, turn down your thermostat, eat less, sell your children .... because Putin created inflation  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

... yeah that's the narrative now, you'll find it on factcheck, right next to details about CIA MK-KM mis-dis-mal-information psyops
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 01:36:28 AM

The world is on fire.

Again.

Meh.
Biodom
Legendary

Merit: 3844

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 01:42:04 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

So sorry to hear it.
Thinking of getting a dog, but this would have broken my heart too.
Still, great memories remain with us even when they are gone.
Biodom
Legendary

Merit: 3844

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 01:46:19 AM

The world is on fire.

Again.

Meh.

Somehow, I expected the Fourth Turning to be a bit more benign, silly me.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 02:01:21 AM

Explanation
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1512

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 02:24:37 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (3)

I am really sorry for your loss, duderino. Dogs are the best gift god ever gave us.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2493

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 02:27:36 AM

The world is on fire.

Again.

Meh.

Isn't the below article indicating exactly what Putin / Russia's government wants to resolve all this and Ukraine admitting that is how things can go and would be acceptable?
(No NATO, talk about the two independent regions and Crimea)

Bit strange this has gone unnoticed in the main headlines today.

Though, maybe it is exactly not strange I guess. Too many people benefiting from that fire.
 Roll Eyes

In nod to Russia, Ukraine says no longer insisting on NATO membership
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/nod-russia-ukraine-says-no-165955908.html
Pages: « 1 ... 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 [30276] 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 30325 30326 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: