April 27, 2024, 06:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31545 31546 31547 31548 31549 31550 31551 31552 31553 31554 31555 31556 31557 31558 31559 31560 31561 31562 31563 31564 31565 31566 31567 31568 31569 31570 31571 31572 31573 31574 31575 31576 31577 31578 31579 31580 31581 31582 31583 31584 31585 31586 31587 31588 31589 31590 31591 31592 31593 31594 [31595] 31596 31597 31598 31599 31600 31601 31602 31603 31604 31605 31606 31607 31608 31609 31610 31611 31612 31613 31614 31615 31616 31617 31618 31619 31620 31621 31622 31623 31624 31625 31626 31627 31628 31629 31630 31631 31632 31633 31634 31635 31636 31637 31638 31639 31640 31641 31642 31643 31644 31645 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368633 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Gachapin

Activity: 896
Merit: 1840

bitcoin retard

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 02:54:45 PM

Hello WO, I've created letter and number doughnut consist of "BITCOINTALK ORG XMAS 2022" to celebrate Christmas day in this forum, what about you?

Hope you guys like it Smiley

Wow!  That's wonderful and very creative.
Merry Christmas!

Helena Yu your collection is complete now!

Just don’t forget to rotate your M before eating.

I read HO....
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MusaPk

Activity: 630
Merit: 195

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2022, 03:00:07 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

SBF granted bail just before Christmas. These two tweets sum up the case.

Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 03:04:12 PM

Merry Christmas dear WO...

Happy to be alive together with you all in these times!

... yes even you, fucking merit beggars

Have some jolly and relaxing holidays  Kiss
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 03:05:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), OutOfMemory (1)

and of course....

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2022, 03:22:28 PM
Merited by BitcoinBunny (2), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Well the problem is the printer was here all of 2022.

They were printing money for all Long Term Care insurance companies.
They were printing money for all social security benefits.
They were printing money for all I savings bond holders.
They were printing money for all TSP holding the G-Fund.

Do the math for the above and the money already dished out to the people above is remarkably close to 1.7 trillion dollars.

But the mass media did not talk much about the above.

Oh in 2023 all of the above are still on schedule for more more more.

1) Now as an I bond holder - nice
2) as an 401Tsp g fund holder - nice
3) as a social security beneficiary starting in 2023- nice
4) as the caretaker of the owner of a Long term care policy - nice
5) as the husband to a person that has a federal pension getting 8% raise - nice

as a BTC miner - not nice
as a BTC holder - not nice
as a guy trying to be like JJG Just DCA - neutral to nice.

All of the above illustrates why hedging is okay to do.

Only USA people can do the I-Bonds
So do some 1 a month for 100
and DCA at least 100 a month for your BTC

or just complain that the telegraphed moves by the fed suck even when they are easy to hedge.

Am I fortunate that I get a benefit from all 5 listed not really.

1)It means I live in the USA - lucky I guess not sure

2)It means my wife's 401 tsp never got big stock gains last 10 years.
3)It means I am older (66 in 30 days)
4)It means my bro-in-law is really sick (dementia)
5)It means my wife is getting older 67 in 3 months

As for 2-5 I rather be 35 years old and working hard as long as I was with my wife.

Oh to all of W.O

Merry
Christmas!
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12008

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 03:27:49 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), bitebits (2), BitcoinBunny (2), vapourminer (1), Paashaas (1), d_eddie (1), DdmrDdmr (1), Arriemoller (1), MusaPk (1), Helena Yu (1)

Merry X-mass gentleman
Not to many words needed
Wish you all the best

MusaPk

Activity: 630
Merit: 195

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2022, 04:59:25 PM
Merited by BitcoinBunny (2), pawel7777 (1)

A personalised greeting from MusaPk to whole WO Community.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 05:01:13 PM

Explanation
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 05:12:59 PM

Opening this topic is very dangerous when your wife is in the same room there is always going to be a semi half naked dude on the screen 9/10 times. The other 1 time it will be some weird ass shit that you cannot explain.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 05:45:26 PM

R.I.P Maxi Jazz, the famous voice of the legendary dance act Faithless from the '90 has died at age of 65. Cry

Antisthenes
Copper Member

Activity: 115
Merit: 5

JJG AI, is an attack vector on humanity. Beware.

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 05:47:11 PM

JJG is the life of Wall Observer. His thought process is way different than normal human beings (Not calling him a mad man).
He loves to keep his opinions clear and vocal, that's how I do with mine. Great guy overall.

For a lifeless AI, don’t you think you’re pushing it a winey tiny lil bit?
As I already mentioned, JJG does have some purpose and value for the WO.
It’s Bitcoin friendly, and most of its advice is solid, for that very reason. Just don’t drift from its directives, because you wouldn’t know what hit you.

No one asked, just sharing what I noticed.

Bare in mind that you’re posting in a public, censor free thread, so no one has to ask anything, to receive feedback on his post(s).

Now let’s talk about Xmas!
It’s a brilliant example of the misinformation we’ve all been subjected to since birth. Fuck “Santa Claus” indeed.
Jesus was not born in the 25th of December! That said, of course it’s nice to celebrate love and giving to each other - like every day of the year.

Old Calendarists don’t celebrate Xmas for example. I bet none of you knew that.
Anyway, I’m not going to go deep here, if anyone is interested can read more here:

https://spiritandtruthonline.org/why-was-jesus-christs-birthday-celebrated-on-december-25th/

Merry Xmas y’ all.

[This is Diogenis the Cynic, Antisthenes the 1st - favourite disciple]
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10178

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 05:57:42 PM

JJG is the life of Wall Observer. His thought process is way different than normal human beings (Not calling him a mad man).
He loves to keep his opinions clear and vocal, that's how I do with mine. Great guy overall.

No one asked, just sharing what I noticed.  Cheesy

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too.

Of course, the WO is a product of those participating.. so there are ups and downs along the way...and for sure many of us (or would it be all of us?) have our various faults, too..   

Well in my part of the world it's about to roll over to Christmas day so to all of you, all the fucking best and have a Merry Christmas! Look forward to yet another year ahead with all of you and hopefully Santa brings us all a gift Cheesy

There seems to be a kind of window period in terms of the seasons greetings.. and surely some folks start to get into the spirit of Christmas right around Thanksgiving.. but even the Happy New Years greetings might roll over into the Chinese New Year.. ... and maybe in the northern hemisphere there is a need for these kinds of over-the-top attempts at cheeriness.. otherwise we might become overly depressed.. lack of natural light and freezing our asses off...

Oh?  And speaking of bitcoin.. it can be kind of stressful.. Russia seems to be expanding permission to use bitcoin.. but Jesus fucking Christ (appropriate Christmas expression), they are opening bitcoin up for international transactions but not for normies within the country.  What a weird kind of balancing (or is it transition?), yet all and all my lil precious will quite likely make it through these weird times - including becoming stronger and stronger.. even though it is expanded at the same time that it is battled against.

However since shahzadafzal didn't answer my proposal for a bet yet, I was hesitant to poke the next guy with a bet, as I'm by no means a betting person and I didn't want to come off as one... 
That was a bet? I mean that was just a sarcastic smiley.. look..
Regardless of who you support, I think we can all agree (except for the odd alpaca) that BTC should have made a new ATH by the latter. Smiley
First Quarter of 2023
wanna bet some BTCSmiley
I mean I could take it like you meant... it will be ATH even before first quarter of 2023.

Btw since BitcoinBunny mentioned alpaca aka llama, I was poking this singing llama with that comment Cheesy

No the smiley was meant as a nice smiley...  like a nice invitation  Cheesy

For clarification: I'm a hardcore hodler and I would love to see an ATH soon. It would give me so much joy that I would happily part with some of my BTC when I lose this bet.

As I understand it you mean before end of 1st quarter 2023 (31st March 2023) we will see another ATH on Bitstamp? (last ATH was exactly at 69,000 USD)

I would say no, and bet against it.  However, I love my BTC and I'm no gambler so I wouldn't bet much. Just some "change" (maybe up to 0.1 BTC or so) in a 1 : 1 bet.

I'm also very happy without betting, so please feel free to join or not.

As per JJG calculations I’m still at my accumulation stage… so I'm not opening my BTC wallet unless it’s for WO $100k Yacht party or for my pen-is enlargement surgery.[/size]
Btw I’m against betting or gambling.

It seems to me that we need to be careful when we make really strong assertions in regards to what BTC is going to do, and betting is a way to clarify if we are standing behind our words.. and it does not need to be for a very large amount in order to make the point.. .. even 50k satoshis could be a reasonable bet (even though maybe a bit more difficult on an administrative level when the amounts are so small... unless transactions were sent by lightning).. and even if we are in BTC accumulation phases of our BTC journey, it seems relatively easy to spend and replace the potentially smaller bet amounts. 

I am not sure that we would need escrow for the relatively smaller bet amounts, even though I tend to be less trusting in that regard, and I believe that some members I do consider that escrow would be required.... even though sometimes even the previously thought to be questionable members have ended up coming through with honoring their bets.. once the member had actually committed to the bet terms... so there is that.. .. the most difficult aspect seems to be clarifying the terms.. and clarifying if members really meant what they said or they were just making some statement of certainty but not really ready, willing or able to stand behind such seemingly strongly assertive statement(s).
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 06:01:20 PM

Explanation
AverageGlabella
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 06:11:10 PM

Now let’s talk about Xmas!
It’s a brilliant example of the misinformation we’ve all been subjected to since birth. Fuck “Santa Claus” indeed.
Jesus was not born in the 25th of December! That said, of course it’s nice to celebrate love and giving to each other - like every day of the year.

Old Calendarists don’t celebrate Xmas for example. I bet none of you knew that.
Anyway, I’m not going to go deep here, if anyone is interested can read more here:
Whatever a persons belief in celebrating christmas it is generally for a good reason while I am not religious I do not care if people want to celebrate it for religious purposes or just because its a nice time of the year. We do not have to make everything political.

There are many people who do not celebrate christmas btw not just old calendarists as you say
BlackHatCoiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 7294

Farewell, Leo

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 06:15:41 PM

How many accounts does nullius have?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10178

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 06:39:24 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Even though there seem to be pretty obvious partisan aspects to this matter, I think that we get distracted if we accept stupid-ass political frameworks in the ways that we get mad about the various appearances of injustices and improprieties in this case so far.

Sure, he probably should not have been released.

Sure there are probably some political players whose heads might need to roll.

Fuck the partisanship framing.

Let's try to focus..

Focus ur lil selfie. 

Yes, one of the charges, already has the breaking of campaign contribution laws already contained therein, and yes, we need to keep digging regarding the various connections.. whether right, left center or whatever, that money needs to get back to clients to make them whole on a broad level.. . and also we need to make sure that we continue to talk about this in terms of the various frauds, cover-ups, influence peddling, potential attacks on bitcoin in terms of not holding bitcoin on behalf of clients or to make sure that they had enough to cover clients, and even bullshit distractions trying to blame CZ and Binance for frauds that SBF, FTX, Alameda and the various principle agents had committed and connections that still are not clear.. yes.. let's look.. but don't get deflected and distracted into stupid, superficial and emotionally-ladened framings.

KEEP your cool FOLKS!!!!!!!!

In other words:

Calm DOWN !!!!!!!!

and happy holidays, too.

and of course....

Oh my....

Almost not feeling like having a strong stomach when looking at that... but at least it doesn't seem to be partisan... perhaps? 

Isn't everything vulnerable to partisanship these days?

[edited out much longer post]

I sent you a merit even though I disagree with several of your points... and several seem to be making confusing connections.. even though weaved in some decently valid points too.. so you probably believe that gobble-dee-gook ...

and don't even get me wrong.. there are people who believe even worse gobbledy gook than you, so it can be helpful that you outline it.

Regarding the one above highlighted point, I understand that you are saying that money printing ends up giving money towards more normies being able to buy I savings bonds, and sure that is factually true... but it is not really a very good explanation in regards to what is going on with I savings bonds.. so yeah, the US government is engaging in its own internal contradictions by creating the most stringent of monetary policies to cause the dollar to be the strongest of the currencies and for value to be attracted to the dollar... so in that sense there has developed a way to get away with this because the USD is the strongest of the fiats... and the policies of stringent policies will cause money to gravitate towards to the dollar... but the printing of money is the opposite and undermines the dollar.. but the printing of the money is more subtle and no one seems to be able to measure it very easily.  .. but the printing of the money is not exactly directly supporting the buying of the Ibonds.. because the IBonds end up getting supported by having the highest nominal interest rates (and may well not have positive real rates.. but the least bad fiat)... so I would suggest that when the dollar gets so fucked up that the printing ends up having to buy the Ibonds directly rather than attracting suckers like you to buy them, then we are really fucked when the situation gets that circular... which may happen a couple more cycles down the road.

I don't claim to be any genius.. but just wanted to say that your way of framing the matter just comes off as weird, even though it is not completely factually inaccurate, but not really that great of a way of describing matters in order to help to appreciate the kind of desperation going on.. that at the same time may well allow for the kicking of the can down the road for one, two or maybe even three cycles.. and surely, we cannot even know for sure if the whole bunch of bullshit might come crashing down more quickly than expected either.. and whether the crash is slow or it takes 30-50 years, it remains good to keep building bitcoin allocations.. and the amount of bitcoin allocation is going to vary from person to person in regards to his/her personal circumstances.. and sure institutions and governments are coming more into bitcoin too.. so great that individuals have been able to front run institutions and governments to the extent that individuals do not overly get caught up in bullshit narratives that fail and refuse to adequately account for bitcoin's role in this..

Actually one of the better sources of information regarding points that I am trying to lamely make is Jeff Booth.. price of tomorrow and various other talks (podcasts) that he participates in that address these kinds of topics in regards to what is going on with money and how these matters are playing out.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 07:01:17 PM

Explanation
AverageGlabella
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 07:15:51 PM

SBF looks happier then most people on house arrest yet he has got to know that he is probably going down? Both of his closest colleagues have already admitted their guilt in fraud. Why does this many looks so happy when his fate has already been determined? I know people are complaining about the bail but you only pay 10-20% of the bail and all it means is they can return home on house arrest it does not mean they get away with anything. As long as they attend the court hearing then the bail gets refunded too.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2022, 07:31:44 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Biodom (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Even though there seem to be pretty obvious partisan aspects to this matter, I think that we get distracted if we accept stupid-ass political frameworks in the ways that we get mad about the various appearances of injustices and improprieties in this case so far.

Sure, he probably should not have been released.

Sure there are probably some political players whose heads might need to roll.

Fuck the partisanship framing.

Let's try to focus..

Focus ur lil selfie. 

Yes, one of the charges, already has the breaking of campaign contribution laws already contained therein, and yes, we need to keep digging regarding the various connections.. whether right, left center or whatever, that money needs to get back to clients to make them whole on a broad level.. . and also we need to make sure that we continue to talk about this in terms of the various frauds, cover-ups, influence peddling, potential attacks on bitcoin in terms of not holding bitcoin on behalf of clients or to make sure that they had enough to cover clients, and even bullshit distractions trying to blame CZ and Binance for frauds that SBF, FTX, Alameda and the various principle agents had committed and connections that still are not clear.. yes.. let's look.. but don't get deflected and distracted into stupid, superficial and emotionally-ladened framings.

KEEP your cool FOLKS!!!!!!!!

In other words:

Calm DOWN !!!!!!!!

and happy holidays, too.

and of course....

Oh my....

Almost not feeling like having a strong stomach when looking at that... but at least it doesn't seem to be partisan... perhaps? 

Isn't everything vulnerable to partisanship these days?

[edited out much longer post]

I sent you a merit even though I disagree with several of your points... and several seem to be making confusing connections.. even though weaved in some decently valid points too.. so you probably believe that gobble-dee-gook ...

and don't even get me wrong.. there are people who believe even worse gobbledy gook than you, so it can be helpful that you outline it.

Regarding the one above highlighted point, I understand that you are saying that money printing ends up giving money towards more normies being able to buy I savings bonds, and sure that is factually true... but it is not really a very good explanation in regards to what is going on with I savings bonds.. so yeah, the US government is engaging in its own internal contradictions by creating the most stringent of monetary policies to cause the dollar to be the strongest of the currencies and for value to be attracted to the dollar... so in that sense there has developed a way to get away with this because the USD is the strongest of the fiats... and the policies of stringent policies will cause money to gravitate towards to the dollar... but the printing of money is the opposite and undermines the dollar.. but the printing of the money is more subtle and no one seems to be able to measure it very easily.  .. but the printing of the money is not exactly directly supporting the buying of the Ibonds.. because the IBonds end up getting supported by having the highest nominal interest rates (and may well not have positive real rates.. but the least bad fiat)... so I would suggest that when the dollar gets so fucked up that the printing ends up having to buy the Ibonds directly rather than attracting suckers like you to buy them, then we are really fucked when the situation gets that circular... which may happen a couple more cycles down the road.

I don't claim to be any genius.. but just wanted to say that your way of framing the matter just comes off as weird, even though it is not completely factually inaccurate, but not really that great of a way of describing matters in order to help to appreciate the kind of desperation going on.. that at the same time may well allow for the kicking of the can down the road for one, two or maybe even three cycles.. and surely, we cannot even know for sure if the whole bunch of bullshit might come crashing down more quickly than expected either.. and whether the crash is slow or it takes 30-50 years, it remains good to keep building bitcoin allocations.. and the amount of bitcoin allocation is going to vary from person to person in regards to his/her personal circumstances.. and sure institutions and governments are coming more into bitcoin too.. so great that individuals have been able to front run institutions and governments to the extent that individuals do not overly get caught up in bullshit narratives that fail and refuse to adequately account for bitcoin's role in this..

Actually one of the better sources of information regarding points that I am trying to lamely make is Jeff Booth.. price of tomorrow and various other talks (podcasts) that he participates in that address these kinds of topics in regards to what is going on with money and how these matters are playing out.

How the fuck do you write so much ?

Not complaining as I post like a mofo but not with the precise writing that you try to do.

I tend  to write like James Joyce just let it rip.

Stream of consciousness style.

I have a USA based theory of why the gov does these games with interest.

I base it on the Long Island railroad retirement system.

see below:

My step dad is 90 years old.
He worked for the Long Island Railroad from the age of 22  to 52

he has been in retirement for 38 years. 8 years longer than he worked.

his son my stepbrother is 60
he got a job in 1984 or 1985 with the long Island railroad he was 22 or 23.

He retired at 55 he is on pension for 7 years.

his son is 25 he is working at the Long Island railroad for 3 years.

The model above does not work cannot work if every family in the USA was setup the way they are it all falls apart.

So the feds play pendulum with war ,interest rates ,unemployment . In an effort to keep it all from imploding.

Now I would argue it has not fully imploded since 1929-1939 which they fixed with WWII.

I am hoping they avoid the next full implosion better than they did back then.

We will have a much better idea by 2024 Nov just how fucked the USA will be.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4873

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 24, 2022, 07:39:30 PM

How many accounts does nullius have?

About 5 that I count off the top of my head.

Did you mean unbanned ones?
Pages: « 1 ... 31545 31546 31547 31548 31549 31550 31551 31552 31553 31554 31555 31556 31557 31558 31559 31560 31561 31562 31563 31564 31565 31566 31567 31568 31569 31570 31571 31572 31573 31574 31575 31576 31577 31578 31579 31580 31581 31582 31583 31584 31585 31586 31587 31588 31589 31590 31591 31592 31593 31594 [31595] 31596 31597 31598 31599 31600 31601 31602 31603 31604 31605 31606 31607 31608 31609 31610 31611 31612 31613 31614 31615 31616 31617 31618 31619 31620 31621 31622 31623 31624 31625 31626 31627 31628 31629 31630 31631 31632 31633 31634 31635 31636 31637 31638 31639 31640 31641 31642 31643 31644 31645 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: