May 11, 2024, 09:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 [8063] 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 8096 8097 8098 8099 8100 8101 8102 8103 8104 8105 8106 8107 8108 8109 8110 8111 8112 8113 ... 33342 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381941 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Schickeria

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:08:10 PM

I'm a buyer this morning...small buys on 5 separate occasions.

Feels goooooood!  Tasty!

Even though I keep buying and hodling.. similar to you, I don't feel good about it... I mean overall, I am still confident, but it still makes me nervous to have my whole BTC holdings falling in value like this - even though I am fairly certain it is temporary.. probably less than 6 months, at most.

This is one of the main reasons to prepare yourself (mentally) for strong bearish moves from the beginning of your investment and one reason (there are more) why I would never form part of the "to the moon" crowd.

Depreciate it! Bitcoin has just gone to 0,00$! You have lost all your money! There's nothing you can do more ;-)
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:15:56 PM

If fallen is a paid troll I'd respect what he's doing even more because at least their is a chance for him to get something out of it.  If he's not being paid than that is just pitiful and feel bad for the time wasted.

You can imagine someone paying for such low quality FUD. I can't. It's quite beyond my imagination.

It is the only way I can imagine someone keeping up the energy to FUD for so long.  I try to keep an open mind but truth be told I'd have to admit it is pretty out there compared to other things I've considered as potential motives.

I agree with you, counter link..... the most likely motives are either being paid by some entity or that you have a personal self interest that the price comes down further so you can buy in or maybe lastly that you have shorted in some kind of way that allows you to profit from the price going down, rather than going up.

People like Jorge are just NOT very convincing with their claims of benevolence and attempting to help the masses of ignorance.  In order to have his level of enthusiasm and stick-with-it-ness, he has gotta either be paid or some other way personally benefiting... For example, with Jorge, it could be possible that he has channeled his effort into some kinds of academic projects in which he can publish and/or show that he is contributing in a meaningful academic ways from all the masturbating over BTC that he seems to be doing. 

By the way, Jorge, I do NOT make my comments concerning you in any kind of vindictive way towards you, even though sometimes I have gotten frustrated with some of your contributions b/c sometimes I have perceived your "contributions" as being disingenuous and purposefully misleading.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:16:36 PM

The classic posting style of JayJuanGee style of just DROPPING in the caps lock... BAM

Can I ask you something? I am and have been for quite some time, actually been dying to know where you come from ? where are you based and if you do not mind me asking what is your heritage? because I have been trying to figure it, and get an image of you in my mind , and I just cannot figure it...  for example... I am born and raised in the UK , but my parents are Irish and Spanish and I am over somewhere around 40. I am now based in various places UK being one of them.

Tell me to mind my own business of course.. but I am just CURIOUS.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:17:17 PM

OK bears, you did it. Whats next?

Now they will try to take the price down. And then they will try to take the price down. Preferably till Bitcoin has become completely worthless and then they will move to the next thing they can destroy out of greed.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:18:31 PM

OK bears, you did it. Whats next?

Now they will try to take the price down. And then they try to take the price down. Preferably till Bitcoin has become completely worthless and then they will move to the next thing they can destroy out of greed.
So you're not greedy, whining because the price doesn't move up and make you money? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:19:43 PM

price is irrelevant bitcoin is doing good.

cosign

There is NO WAY bitcoin is actually WORTH less than it was in March.  Too much new adoption, too many developments.  So if you think it was worth $500 in March or you bought in the $600's in April, you absolutely HAVE to understand that there is divergence between price and value over the last month.

Everything I watch still tells me BTC should have a value around $2400-$3000 by 2019 or 2020.  (NOT price, but VALUE...I'd suspect price will overshoot on the high side of that number, probably more than once.)

I just don't care what the price is today...unless I think it is so inexpensive I can't afford NOT to buy.  And that is currently what I think.  I've hit the button at least 6 times today.

+1....

I wished I had enough cash to hit the button six times in a day... It can be pretty fun to buy so many times... like shopping... .. that is, if you like shopping.   Cheesy  I tend to buy a few times in a day, at most.. but sometimes I do get carried away with quantity in each of those purchase sessions.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:24:43 PM

price is irrelevant bitcoin is doing good.

cosign

There is NO WAY bitcoin is actually WORTH less than it was in March.  Too much new adoption, too many developments.  So if you think it was worth $500 in March or you bought in the $600's in April, you absolutely HAVE to understand that there is divergence between price and value over the last month.

Everything I watch still tells me BTC should have a value around $2400-$3000 by 2019 or 2020.  (NOT price, but VALUE...I'd suspect price will overshoot on the high side of that number, probably more than once.)

I just don't care what the price is today...unless I think it is so inexpensive I can't afford NOT to buy.  And that is currently what I think.  I've hit the button at least 6 times today.

+1....

I wished I had enough cash to hit the button six times in a day... It can be pretty fun to buy so many times... like shopping... .. that is, if you like shopping.   Cheesy  I tend to buy a few times in a day, at most.. but sometimes I do get carried away with quantity in each of those purchase sessions.

You could, you know, try selling some when it looks like price is about to take a dive. That tends to give plenty of powder to buy.

I know, I know, not an option. "Hodl for life" and so on Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:26:26 PM

Feels goooooood!  Tasty!

Even though I keep buying and hodling.. similar to you, I don't feel good about it... I mean overall, I am still confident, but it still makes me nervous to have my whole BTC holdings falling in value like this - even though I am fairly certain it is temporary.. probably less than 6 months, at most.

I feel ya.  But I still bought at 474 a couple of hours ago.  Right now, I can bring down my dollar cost average. 

I should add, JJG, that I'm probably feeling bold because, while I have spent some time underwater in the last month, as of yesterday, I was in the black on all BTC-denominated investments I've made.  This was, in part, due to a rapid rise over the last week in XMR.  I'm close enough to break-even that I was back underwater this morning when BTC was around 480 and XMR was around .0044.  But with some buys I made this morning in both BTC and XMR, I'm pretty sure I'm back in the black.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I've accumulated assets today.  It's a damn fine day.

Surely it is comfortable to be in the black or at least feel comfortable about those kinds of matters, and sometimes having some balance in your portfolio can cause your own extra comfort b/c your distribution allocation is working well for you.  Well, anyway thanks for the extra explanation b/c that does shed some additional light upon the extra level of silver that you seem to be recognizing in the crypto cloud...  Wink

vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:33:16 PM

Looks pretty close to my list of buy prices!  I can't remember the date and I'm too lazy to look it up, but probably 5-6 weeks ago when we exchanged messages, I had a cost average of $476 (or at least that was my last calculated average, but I knew my real average was a bit higher because I had made purchases since my last calculation.) I have raised that average since then, but again, I've been buying various increments since my last calculation, so I can only guess I'm somewhere between $510 and $520.  

I've also accumulated a bit more than I had originally planned to accumulate by now, but I'm thrilled to have more.  Absolutely nothing has changed in my mind about bitcoin.  I know I'm not good at finding intermediate tops, selling into them, and buying back lower.  So this just means I have more BTC that I will not lose by outsmarting myself in trades.
Schickeria

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:41:26 PM

You could, you know, try selling some when it looks like price is about to take a dive. That tends to give plenty of powder to buy.

Successful short term traders are rare. Not because it were extremely sophisticated, but it is an enormous psychic strain. You have to be born for this work.

I can trade with small amounts in short term, but to start trading just with a medium amount and I feel that I will die very young.

I estimate 95% would not be able to trade short term without becoming a mind wrack over time.

I know that there are people who can. If you are one of these, I congratulate.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:43:41 PM

Feels goooooood!  Tasty!

This is one of the main reasons to prepare yourself (mentally) for strong bearish moves from the beginning of your investment and one reason (there are more) why I would never form part of the "to the moon" crowd.

I believe that I am in a pretty decent mental state these days, and surely different personalities are going to deal with trading and investment differently.   And, to the extent that you are referring to or lumping together a "to the moon crowd," I believe that there is quite a bit of variance within this supposed group. 

In my case, I have been quite studious of BTC since about November 2013, and during this period, I have learned quite a bit about BTC and about various crypto currencies and about investment concepts.  Whether I have been using my time effectively may be another story..... but anyhow, it has been interesting for me from my own perspective.

Depreciate it! Bitcoin has just gone to 0,00$! You have lost all your money! There's nothing you can do more ;-)

This comment makes little to NO sense b/c at the moment my BTC investment portfolio seems to possess a considerable amount of liquidity, and I remain of the belief that I could cash it out on fairly short notice, if I wanted to, and to walk away, if I wanted to.  BTC has a long way to go down before it even approaches zero.  Even though there are a multiple number of circumstances that could cause BTC prices to go to zero in a quick manner, the likelihood of those zero events occurring in the near future seem fairly remote. 

In other words, in my calculations, the value of the probability of upside potential greatly outweigh the probability of downside potential, and that is why I am continuing to invest into BTC on an ongoing basis.

Each of us will come to varying calculations regarding probability of upside versus probability of downside and some of us will be more correct than others and some of us will be more incorrect than others.. So we each reach our own individual calculations.. Additionally, some people are going to have more difficult times than others deciding what to do and making their own calculations that suit their own situations.

Anyhow, your last sentence seems to be referring to absolutes and blacks and whites and seem to be referring to a prediction of a future that has NOT yet occurred and your description of such future seems a little crazy from my perspective at the moment.

Schickeria

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:51:53 PM

Anyhow, your last sentence seems to be referring to absolutes and blacks and whites and seem to be referring to a prediction of a future that has NOT yet occurred and your description of such future seems a little crazy from my perspective at the moment.

It's not a prediction, it's a mental attitude. All my high risks investments are totally worthless.

Until I come to the point where I start recalculating the value, most times...

...to make it worthless for another round.
staaaagnating

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:52:28 PM

It's decided, we will stay at this price from now on, it's the new equilibrium, there's no way up nor down, we may jiggle a few %, but nothing more.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:54:05 PM

Successful short term traders are rare. Not because it were extremely sophisticated, but it is an enormous psychic strain. You have to be born for this work.

I can trade with small amounts in short term, but to start trading just with a medium amount and I feel that I will die very young.

I estimate 95% would not be able to trade short term without becoming a mind wrack over time.

I know that there are people who can. If you are one of these, I congratulate.

I personally have a lot more trouble with the mid term calls than with the short term predictions. Identifying a likely developing trend, and selling or buying into it seems relatively easy for me. But the question how to take your profits, in USD or BTC, *that's* the tricky bit, imo. Park them in BTC, and you'll see your profits melt away. Park them in USD, and one swing you missed later, and you only buy 2/3 of your original coins back.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:56:46 PM

It's decided, we will stay at this price from now on, it's the new equilibrium, there's no way up nor down, we may jiggle a few %, but nothing more.

Someone please create an @errrrrrratic account that keeps posting predictions that the price may go up or down or neither at any moment now.
i dig bitcoins

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:57:14 PM

Let us take it for granted that there is a concerted manipulation effort to drive the price lower.

What knowledge do you draw from this fact? How does it help your trading?

If the manipulator is able to achieve his desires with a minimum of resources, and there is no opposition to him, be it from opposed manipulation or natural buying, then what does it tell you about the state of this market?

This concerted suppression and destabilization of price has made me a lot of profit. Throughout life on this green ball of dirt
I have always trusted my ability to "read" people and situations with moderate accuracy. My gut is telling me that the
occurrence over the past few weeks are not organic and is in no way the activity of a free market. BTC prices are getting
slapped around like a 2 dollar hooker. Looking at chart data and exchanges, it seems that the large concerted dumps are not very profitable...
once dumped, there is slow buying throughout the day so that a dump can be repeated in the early morning at a lower price point. These
"price engineers" need to get skullfucked...using 2 pronged attacks via fud psych attacks on posting  and manipulated dumps are flattening
confidence in bitcoin. This is how you engineer FUD:

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/document/2014/02/24/art-deception-training-new-generation-online-covert-operations/

Its was quite easy to profit because dumps have been occurring daily at regular times every morning at a certain exchange for the past few
weeks. All I do is basically wait for dumps to occur and buy at the bottom and wait for the daily highs, sell, and wait for dump to occur again.
I hate what these motherfuckers are doing to the prices...but I can appreciate the opportunity...however, I would rather have natural, organic
growth in the market and forgo short term profit. I have concluded that the price suppression is being done at a loss overall and consciously so.
Some son of a bitch wants the price low. Here's my simplistic take on GABI, large holders slowly offload into fiat expecting price
appreciation when GABI shows up. Buy back at lowest point after collapsing the price and ride the GABI price appreciation. Shit, GA may
also have a hand in causing some of the pain due to collusion with said traitors. Once "the street" comes in, expect to get bent over...a lot of
amateur traders are going to go home with gaping assholes and empty wallets.

This is my simplistic and general view of the situation...I have left many details out as I don't want to tip my hand. I will observe and see if my
suspicions will be played out. Hint: most of my suspicions were borne out and though it has left me profitable, I really hate seeing the sickening
beating of the weak that's playing out...this does not lead to bitcoin adoption. Seeing that you also registered around the same time as me on this forum,
I'm sure you have acquired a certain "feeling" or intuition about this market...they may not be the same as mine, but I'm sure you can tell that something's
rotten in the air.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:59:21 PM

Explanation
sx100

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:03:17 PM

Someone please create an @errrrrrratic account that keeps posting predictions that the price may go up or down or neither at any moment now.

Grin I expected a rising account to appear after reading falling's posts. I never expected a stagnating account to appear though.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:03:29 PM

He and a lot of his supporters were murdered too, and that is the nature of the activities of revolutionaries attempting to affect change.  I am just sticking to basic definitions, and NOT really getting into the substance regarding which ideology was right... but Che Guevarra is a symbol of the people b/c he was NOT funded by big money or status quo institutions and he was acting alike a modern day robin hood to attempt to rob from the rich and to give to the poor ... whether his ultimate ideologies were correct or not, his support was generally coming from broad masses of regular people rather than rich people or institutions.

Screw ideology (though we could go there), he was a murdering, scummy murderer and should be denounced as such. He was murdered/executed too? Well, no one is trying to link those people to Bitcoin, are they?
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:10:50 PM

Monday now. September now.

Pages: « 1 ... 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 [8063] 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 8096 8097 8098 8099 8100 8101 8102 8103 8104 8105 8106 8107 8108 8109 8110 8111 8112 8113 ... 33342 »
  Print  

Jump to: