Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:45:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Data Center Mining Garage and Man Mining Cave ( PART 2 !!!!!!!!)  (Read 106652 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yun9999 (OP)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 10:29:26 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 02:24:33 AM by yun9999

ZEC.  Sapphire FURIES not Nano, Each does over 420 SOLs x 7 per rig.  Finksy already have 150 Picos in hand.  He sent me 20 to play first with the different setup.  The delay is with the custom cablings.   They still haven't arrived for the 6 pin to 8pin EPS and 2.55MM barrel pigtail.  I have Cryptowatcher making those for me so I'm not concern with that.  You can also find those online too.  It just wouldn't be as cheap as getting complete package from Finksy.  Here's the picture of his Pico.  Looks very good.  

Holy COW - How can so many Platinum PSU die on you?  That's a lot!!!!

PICO Money MAKERS!!!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 10:48:55 PM

Not to be that guy, but according to the IRS BTC/ETH etc is taxed as INCOME and not claiming it is tax evasion...

Not saying to claim it, just saying.... Especially since you seem to be making quite a pretty penny per day.

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
tntdgcr

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 10:59:01 PM

nice stuff .. we thought we were alone using 200 w picos. curiously , why abandon the 12v barrel? it's function as quick power cut is delightfully simple.

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
WhyMe

Activity: 661
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:45:30 PM

Is there a color code for "quality" on usb risers ?
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:22:58 AM

@ BTCBusinessConsult - There's no profit yet so nothing to worry about yet.  The Money I'm bringing in now as great as it is, has only been for a few days.  Prior to this, is just ok and the income is no where near what is required for the huge infrastructure upgrade, contractor costs, labor cost, purchasing cost, yadda yadda.    If anything, I can file a lost as I'm losing money hosting to my friend, etc.  No need to get into the technical.   Let's not ruin the PARTY MOOD.   HAHA........take off the BusinessConsult Hat, and Pop some champagne with us.  

@ tntdgcr - I think 160W is overkilled, I'm not even planning on using more than 60W from it.  It will still have the barrel connector.  There will be 2 options, direct into the Pico and pigtail w 2.55MM Barrel connector.

@ WhyMe - I don't bother trying to guess on Riser quality anymore.  Been burn for big $$ on risers before.  Now I only buy from the BEST and most consistent source who will stand by his product, hawkfish007.  He sells on Ebay, Forum and Amazon.  Why guess or take chance on 1 of the most important component to the reliability of your rig.  IT's also the most likely component to fail or catch fire as well.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:35:27 AM

i have around 30 nanos in six rigs and dual mining eth at 27 mhs and dcr at 800 mhs they dont make close to 500 per rig

I have Nano rigs and they perform like a champ in ZEC mining.
I use Optiminer 1.7 Linux for best performance and stability.
However, my RX480 rigs perform best with ETH mining (no dual mining).
I use Claymore for ETH of course.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:56:49 AM

Hehe, yeah those Nano are HUGE rewards!!!

Don't be shy guys, show us your $EXY Money Makers.  Let's not be overly critical on our comments on the imperfections of any rigs, you're shying people from sharing their $EXY Money MAKER.  Just focus on their Money Making SKILLZ.............

Here's my $EXY Tiny 40mm Noctua FAN.  Bought it for fun.  Was hoping it can help cool my HP 1200W PSU intake.  I had no idea how ridiculously weak these fans are.  It's not strong enough to even fight a Mosquito.  EPIC FAILURE, but damn is it cute and $EXY!

cavaliersrus

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:20:21 AM

bet that would work decent on my compac sticks though lol i gotta get some more fans

onefinecoin

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:04:13 AM

Ok so here is my incomplete RIG(s) called the Kraken ! Tongue

It 10 GPUs in total, on 2 Mobos, so technically 2 rigs. This is my 1st setup and I am just getting started so picked up every/anything I could get at a good price. It has rx 270x, 290, 2x rx480, 7950, GTX 960, 2 x 970s , 1060 and 1070.

Presently printing around $12 a day.

Its basically an oooooold computer table that was lying around + some free wood logs + Gibabyte Mobos with 5 PCIE slots each.

I am still playing around with the fans and the whole setup. I might create anther wooden rig over this one and move the fan sideways pushing air into the Cards.

yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:25:34 AM

Very Pretty Onefinecoin!!!  Can you rotate the picture.?  Really love those FANs and the LEDs.  Very unique!!!  What is that thing between the 2 MBs?
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:19:53 AM

me think the standard cable quality (how many strand & what is the rating ?) of those pico might be little low quality, slice the cable & see inside. but can be upgraded & modded to each individuals preferences.

might not have enough power, most likely only 2 capacitor on it ? have specs of it ? i'm not entirely sure but i feel more comfortable with more caps on it, maybe just me. - especially if on an AMD platform. AMD CPU consumes lots of power & generate lots of heat.

the ones that i'm using are these, you can check out the specs & the * warning

http://www.streacom.com/products/nano160-fanless-psu/

upgraded custom 18awg silver plated cables.

some wanted a longer input cable so i upgraded them to 16awg but i think it may a little overkill but that's what i would use & have peace of mind.

there's another lower power version same as the ones that i'm using, only 2 power input cables, slightly smaller & only 120W, it's also cheaper but i think i'm gonna stick to the ones that i'm using atm, tested & proven on many rigs in various conditions. so far so good, touch wood.

like i have been mentioning couple of times, be careful with those pico's, seen some blew themselves up due to wrong way of powering them up, some due to low quality or power rating, another case, mobo failed including pico but do not have a solid evidence what actually caused the failure.

maybe i'm talking too much rubbish, but when you start to use them & after 10-15 mins of running, place your finger on it & "feel" for yourself, it does heat up quite a bit & do make sure there's some sort of cooling/airflow over them. yes everything has a rating but it does NOT mean you can push it to it's limit all the time 24/7 non stop, always have some allowances. better be safe than sorry.

happy modding+happy mining

be SAFE always guys, NOTHING is more important than SAFETY especially when the prices are good, many wants their rigs up & running ASAP but may have forgotten or missed about some basic safety precautions ends up losing the entire rig or more.

Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:24:41 AM

@ BTCBusinessConsult - There's no profit yet so nothing to worry about yet.  The Money I'm bringing in now as great as it is, has only been for a few days.  Prior to this, is just ok and the income is no where near what is required for the huge infrastructure upgrade, contractor costs, labor cost, purchasing cost, yadda yadda.    If anything, I can file a lost as I'm losing money hosting to my friend, etc.  No need to get into the technical.   Let's not ruin the PARTY MOOD.   HAHA........take off the BusinessConsult Hat, and Pop some champagne with us.  

@ tntdgcr - I think 160W is overkilled, I'm not even planning on using more than 60W from it.  It will still have the barrel connector.  There will be 2 options, direct into the Pico and pigtail w 2.55MM Barrel connector.

@ WhyMe - I don't bother trying to guess on Riser quality anymore.  Been burn for big $$ on risers before.  Now I only buy from the BEST and most consistent source who will stand by his product, hawkfish007.  He sells on Ebay, Forum and Amazon.  Why guess or take chance on 1 of the most important component to the reliability of your rig.  IT's also the most likely component to fail or catch fire as well.

As far as taxes I have a tiny setup and I claimed my income as hobby income just in case the IRS gets their claws into coinbase, but Im so tiny the irs wouldn't care about me anyway.

But you have a MASSIVE setup, that would qualify as a real business, well a start-up anyway.  So with such a big amount of investment expenses im willing to bet that decductions from this business would have no problem wiping out all of your taxable income or a big portion of it.  I think it would benefit you to write it up on your taxes so then you can put that otherwise throw away tax money back into the business or payoff some stuff.

Not trying to kill the party mood but if 10 grand is legally yours, laying on the table then take it!!
Business men expend their empires by these tax deductions  Wink
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:33:48 AM

Nah..............I have zero concerns.  Most of us are running Intel Celeron and the entire system is using 50W or less.   The Pico won't even get warm.  I'm using 80W Picos right now with no issues.  Finksy Pico is 160W and we're not even powering the CPU which is the biggest power draw for the entire system as the server PSU is powering it via the 6PIN to 4+4Pin EPS cable.  There's so much spare power left that I can even use the MOLEX on the PICO to power other stuff like my new FAVORITE ORION FANS!

You see this MASSIVE 10" FAN to the right?  That's an ORION DC FAN.  That thing move more Air then any box fans you can find and the negative pressure is insane for the size  Guess what?  It barely uses 24W!  The Pico will be able to power that sucker instead of using a ugly and wastefully weak BOX FAN that waste between 70-110W of power on MAX!  Special thanks for my MAN MARK AZ for the recommendation.  I Absolutely love this fan.  I added the grills because they are so powerful they will cut your fingers!    The way Finksy have it setup, you're not even barely pushing this Pico other than on and off.  99% of the load is handled by the server PSU.  

P.S These ORION FANS ARE SICK!  I'm going to be ordering lots of them for my $$$$ Makers

@ Tmdz  - The CHAMPAGNEs are paid for from the tax deductions.  Let's not talk about TAX, and boring economics.  Let's just ENJOY THE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    All we care about is PRINTING MONEY..................

I just want to celebrate our potentially SHORT BUBBLE.  DONT POP THAT BUBBLE SOONER THAN IT HAS TO BE.  These BUBBLEs are usually followed by TROUBLEs....................just enjoy it while it last guys.  Quit being so serious!
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:19:04 AM

then how abt PS ON & PS OFF ? if mobo are powered directly by server psu then the mobo will always have +12V, not too sure how it works that's why i let the pico do the job for the PS ON & PS OFF & to avoid any accidental short circuits if it may or may not happen.

yep in some cases it won't even get warm, depends on each individuals setup, some put the whole bunch of rigs, psu, gpu and everything close & stacked together so that may have some accumulated heat & heats everything else up. just saying & do take note, a proper planning is always a good idea to start with when expanding especially cooling+exhaust.

since you have a monster psu the 4kw, just power those orion fans directly using the psu itself, you can even add a simple on/off switch instead of pulling out the pcie from the breakout board. let the pico rest heh . . . nice fan ! hook it up behind the rigs (2 would be sufficient me thinks), will suck all the hot air and bring in fresh & cool air over entire rig, psu & gpu. how's the sound of it ? i'm pretty confident it's not as loud as the small ones. can you do a short video of them running ?

yeah totally agreed, let's enjoy the bubble now & hope it won't pop so soon. faster roi/profits for most of us too.

tax ? hmmm don't even wanna think abt it too much as of now till year end or time to submit them, then let the P&L numbers do the rest.
onefinecoin

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:53:16 AM

OP can you share the link to buy those fans from ? Also did any1 try the exhaust fans? the small ones that are generally used ikitchens & WC Cheesy

Just to tease you guys, I don't need worry about taxes, as there are no taxes where I live. Its a tax free land Cheesy
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:01:13 PM

OP can you share the link to buy those fans from ? Also did any1 try the exhaust fans? the small ones that are generally used ikitchens & WC Cheesy

Just to tease you guys, I don't need worry about taxes, as there are no taxes where I live. Its a tax free land Cheesy

@onefinecoin- Tax free land... WOW, you are either in Middle East country or Brunei DS.

@yun9999 - OMG - what fans are those - looks like it comes from some exotic car/limo? Be sure to send pix when completed - I am looking for a big ass fan that can pull air out of the warehouse. Incidentally, I did get a call from bigassfan.com (LOL!) but their warehouse industrial fan cost me 2k! I told them I cant afford their big ass price! LOL -  Grin

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
thedue

Activity: 662

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:33:45 PM

Still looking for an InLine Fan or something else to put in front of my exhaust that works quite well in / with a 150mm or 125mm diameter tube, any idea?
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:28:12 PM

@YSLYUNG - You're spot on. The bigger 10" Orion fan moves a lot of air for it's size and yes you can power then directly from the server PSU fan pin on the breakout board or 6PIN via making your own custom cable or connect via Molex.  Lots of options.  You can even wire it to a cheap 12V AC adapter.  It's very quiet and since it's so efficient you can actually use 1 each to cool per rig if you really wanted to.  A bit over kill but at 24W?  Why not.  I can also use these behind my Server rack or move air in path I want.  They're industrial quality and are designed to work 24x7.  MarkAZ usually only recommend the best and I'm super happy with these fans.  But we just have to keep things in perspective that it's still a very tiny 10" FAN so don't expect miracles but it will move way more air then a 20" Box fan.  I am going to install these on the top section of my shed, I would expect 3 of these to outperform 5 of my Box fans while consuming less power and make less noise.  The flexibility of these are endless since low wattage and can be powered by our ATX PSU / server psu / AC adapter. 

Regarding the PICO - You use the PCI from the HP server PSU to power the PICO or do you use the AC Adapter?  What I find is since we're using PCI power for the riser from the server PSU, even when you shut off the rig, the GPU is still getting powered to the riser as the server PSU is on.  This is why I use the splitter cable so when I am working on a rig, I just pull from that end vs from the GPU and riser.  This allows me to work on a rig without powering off the entire 4KW.  Not sure how we can get around this when using PICO and PCI powered risers.  For baby ATX, the baby ATX controls the riser and the MB so everything would be completely off.  That's the difference I found between the two.  Slight annoyance but I'm willing to sacrifice that for the sexiness and more design flexibility with the Picos.

@ onefinecoin - They sell these on Ebay and I buy from who Mark recommend which is Maria.  There's a lot of copy cat type fans, stick with ORIONs.    You will need to buy a pair of 254MM grill cover to protect yourself from getting your fingers cut off.  They're powerful but they're also very smart fans with slow start rampup to avoid putting too much pressure on your PSU when powering many up at once.  At $60 each, they are not cheap but each will save me over 85W compare to my Box fans x 8 = 680W so they will pay for themselves over time and I expect them to outlast my box fans as they are industrial grade.

@ Citronick - You would need bigger fans then these for pulling out of the warehouse but these will be great to push the hot air into the Heat wall or for funneling of open air rigs,etc.  I plan to buy more and do some cool things with them.  MARKAZ actually use 1 per RIG in his design.  Looks very cool.  Everything he build is meant to last forever.  Haha. 

@ TheDue - Not sure what you're trying to accomplish.  What type of Exhaust fan?  Will need more details.

@All - Seems like the bubble burst is starting.  BTC below 1K, Eth drop from peak of over 50 down to 36.  Sucks, was hoping for at least a few months of Bubbleness so we can ROI faster.  On the bright side ZEC is 76!  I've seen this movie too many times, that's why I hardly get excited seeing any bubbles.  I just try to savor the short moments.  =)

fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:41:30 PM

omg...how much money you spend for all of these..totaly...please give m3 info...

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
thedue

Activity: 662

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:46:54 PM

Well my gear is sitting on the roof (build a nice 30m² mine up there  Wink )
The only way of getting air out is drilling a hole through the roof and embed a plastic pipe.

Usual pipe size is 125mm or 150mm diameter.

There are so called In-Line Fans to put directly into the pipe (clean and easy) but my fear is that they aren´t able to pull enough air. So I need a radial vent probably and connect it with a flex pipe to the roof pipe  Wink
Fresh / cold air is coming from down the house since I will leave a grid to the 1st floor.

Maybe someone here did this already or has the straight tip for me  Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: