Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:30:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Data Center Mining Garage and Man Mining Cave ( PART 2 !!!!!!!!)  (Read 106652 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miner417

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:17:58 PM

Going off what else was just being said about the server PSU's, if I got this http://www.parallelminer.com/product/hp-1200-watt-power-supply-kit-for-gpu-mining-platinum-94-zec-dash-eth/ for a rig, and a small PSU to power the mobo-cpu and such, how would I get them both to turn on at once. The add2psu and things like that require a mobo power cable to turn them both on at the same time, so how would this one work like that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:13:53 PM

This thread was / is really informative. Thank you for the information. Important part I learned is the usage of server PSU's to cut down on the costs.

Anyone knows a good supplier in EU? Most I could find are in US  Embarrassed
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:12:32 PM

@ phillipma1957 - Until there is better Mining software for NVIDIA, AMD is still KING for the coins we care about for now which is ETH and ZEC.  More importantly if you're dual mining.  Also NVIDIA is very flakey in 6 and 7 GPU setups due to driver and mining software compatibilities.  This is why I'm still 100% AMD. 

ZEC is good with NVIDIA; can't say for the rest of coins though ~ ETH is poor for example.

Eg. EWBF and Excavator miners drives high ZEC hash (even higher than ZEC on Fury X at very low watts).

Many good cgminer forks for other familiar and unfamiliar algos like DCR, LBRY, Lyra2, X11Gost etc.

Pros: ZEC killer (and only ZEC though, I wonder what clicks in ZEC and NVIDIA architecture), impressive wattage - better than AMD

Cons: Bloody expensive...

Started building my first ZEC rig on twin 1080ti, hopefully this will be an equivalent of a 7-8 rig AMD ZEC rig, at half the watts. Patiently waiting for Phil's weekend review.

2 cards now  one  1080 ti one 1080

watts for entire rig = 373
h for zec                = 1168

pretty much  kills anything from amd in the world of zec

my advice is build 3 six card amds
for every 1 two card 1080ti

two card results
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1851004.msg18496734#msg18496734

why not get two 1070s with low power limit they will do around 930 zec for around 300 watts the 1080ti should be doing like 1k for it to be worth it
lol my r9 nano has better per/watt than you did

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:17:00 PM

Allright, after a long process of prototyping and working with different materials, I finally have my own compact 7 card cases ready

Cold Rolled Carbon Steel 0.8mm with a 0.6mm thick sheet, all powder coated and heat treated, and I love them in Black.

Configuration as pictured above :

MSI Gaming 5 Z97 motherboards
Intel G3250 CPU
DDR 3 4GB Ram
64GB SSD
Corsair RM1000X PSu
and 7 X HIS RX470 4GB cards

Now ill admit, HIS aren't the best cards out there, but the Blue LED's on them go well with the Red's on my MSI motherboards.
Also unlike Sapphire which has all kinds of different memory complicating things, all HIS cards are Hynix only.

There's only two things holding me back from selling these en-masse:
1) I need high CFM fans to push heat out effectively, the coolermasters I have in there now barely move any air
2) Stocks of RX 570 OR TB85 motherboards are crazy hard to find Cheesy

Any help/alternative suggestions in either department would be greatly appreciated.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
drrobert

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:33:39 PM

Allright, after a long process of prototyping and working with different materials, I finally have my own compact 7 card cases ready

Cold Rolled Carbon Steel 0.8mm with a 0.6mm thick sheet, all powder coated and heat treated, and I love them in Black.

Intel G3250 CPU
DDR 3 4GB Ram
64GB SSD
Corsair RM1000X PSu

Now ill admit, HIS aren't the best cards out there, but the Blue LED's on them go well with the Red's on my MSI motherboards.
Also unlike Sapphire which has all kinds of different memory complicating things, all HIS cards are Hynix only.

1) I need high CFM fans to push heat out effectively, the coolermasters I have in there now barely move any air

Any help/alternative suggestions in either department would be greatly appreciated.

I did the same with rx 480 with 8 gpu then i drop to 7 then to 6 for heat problems now with 6 with powerfull fan it working around 55° with 20° ambient (they get 82 watt from gpuz).
i building not standard case to use 8 gpu then everything will work like i wanna, cause now i have experience with heat problems Tongue

If you dont' need standard case for rack and you can build case better use more bigger for 7 gpu will be ok with 4 fan (12cm) instead 3
BeerMan81

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 06:32:05 PM

Noctua has a great selection. I know they move some air. I plan to give them a try soon.

1) http://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-industrial/nf-a14-industrialppc-3000-pwm/specification

Lots of new content coming soon! - https://www.youtube.com/BeerMan81
All-in-one dashboard to monitor coin prices, wallet balances, and your ming pools. Free!
https://mycryptostats.com/?ref=f1440f27
newtybar

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:38:45 PM

Intel G3250 CPU
DDR 3 4GB Ram
64GB SSD
Corsair RM1000X PSu

The cards are kind of close together.  They probably run pretty hot?
Famnant

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:41:52 PM

Intel G3250 CPU
DDR 3 4GB Ram
64GB SSD
Corsair RM1000X PSu

If you put the case vertically, will that be cooler?
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 04:07:16 PM

with 100 amps of electric what size should would I need for an ideal mining setup?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
deadsix

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:34:30 PM

I did the same with rx 480 with 8 gpu then i drop to 7 then to 6 for heat problems now with 6 with powerfull fan it working around 55° with 20° ambient (they get 82 watt from gpuz).
i building not standard case to use 8 gpu then everything will work like i wanna, cause now i have experience with heat problems Tongue
If you dont' need standard case for rack and you can build case better use more bigger for 7 gpu will be ok with 4 fan (12cm) instead 3

Hmm will try building a larger case and see if 4 fans help

Yes, ive been told delta or alyese fans will do the trick but they work out pretty expensive at about 12$ per fan

The cards are kind of close together.  They probably run pretty hot?

They do unfortunately, hence the problem. The Reference blower style cards are great in the case though, all other designs suck balls in a case

If you put the case vertically, will that be cooler?

Because hot air rises? I could try that see if it helps. As things stand, my ambient temps are hovering around 32C and the cards throttle if I close the case, so this isnt working for me unless I keep the lids off. The whole point was to have enclosed cases and leaving lids off kinda defeats that purpose.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:06:45 AM

Yes I believe that is possible but you would need custom cables. I don't know of anywhere that sells them already set to go, but one of the guys on this forum makes them. He has a post with pictures of the cables he makes 2-3 pages back in this thread. I think they would do exactly what you're looking for.

*You do need 240v for that 1500 watt HP server PSU, so that might be an issue if you are in the USA.

someone mention custom cables? Tongue
anyone who is looking for custom cables is welcome to contact me through discord, there is a link for it on my profile. thank you!

6x rx 480 8gb nitro+ powered via server psu

the short cable in this pic is the 6 pin to 4+4 pin with a pig tail for the 2.5mm male barrel plug for the pico psu

1 cable to power both 1 gpu and 1 riser via server psu

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 02:22:27 AM

Yes I believe that is possible but you would need custom cables. I don't know of anywhere that sells them already set to go, but one of the guys on this forum makes them. He has a post with pictures of the cables he makes 2-3 pages back in this thread. I think they would do exactly what you're looking for.

*You do need 240v for that 1500 watt HP server PSU, so that might be an issue if you are in the USA.

someone mention custom cables? Tongue
anyone who is looking for custom cables is welcome to contact me through discord, there is a link for it on my profile. thank you!

6x rx 480 8gb nitro+ powered via server psu

the short cable in this pic is the 6 pin to 4+4 pin with a pig tail for the 2.5mm male barrel plug for the pico psu

1 cable to power both 1 gpu and 1 riser via server psu

nice setup ...

and yup - custom cables ...

will be in touch to see what can be had ... australia here - so will be unique in the way we do this Wink ...

#crysx

WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:21:22 AM

Damn, this is one sexy thread. Makes me miss mining. If I only had the time.

DELETED
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:32:57 AM

messy . . . inventory count & lots of more other stuffs to. much to do, sleep is a luxury to me now !

GPU's all over the place, there are more just have to look for them as more rigs are built.

finally, 2 samples of mobo arrived, yet to be tested . . . 6 x pcie hehehe price is about the same as tb85 (prices of tb85 has shot up !) some teaser pix

as you can see, it's smaller than biostar tb85

more mess . . . all sorts of cables in various lengths, risers included & breakout boards

i've received quite some pm's, will reply when possible. i'm short on stock on certain items, restocking them.

back to work for now. happy mining folks.

WarrEagle

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:36:22 AM

Yup, you got a lot of work ahead of you. Good luck with all those builds

DELETED
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 12:07:09 PM

EASY ...

all you need is a truck load of coffee - sugar hits and lots of caffeine induced sweets - a week and no sleep ... then a coffin after you collapse from exhaustion ...

sheesh! ... thats a lotta nice hardware mate - wish i was there to help build ...

we are doing something similar - but different Tongue ...

#crysx

WarrEagle

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:28:56 PM

EASY ...

all you need is a truck load of coffee - sugar hits and lots of caffeine induced sweets - a week and no sleep ... then a coffin after you collapse from exhaustion ...

sheesh! ... thats a lotta nice hardware mate - wish i was there to help build ...

#crysx

LOL! I need to find out what sugar hits are. Or just fill a needle with HFCS and inject into arm.

DELETED
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 12:34:53 PM

EASY ...

#crysx

LOL! I need to find out what sugar hits are. Or just fill a needle with HFCS and inject into arm.

hehehe ...

that would be messy ...

here in australia - coffee lollies / toffees give you a boost due to the amount of sugar and caffeine - with coffee flavour ...

but the amount of work that is before me next week for the rebuild of thefarm - even these damned things are not going to help ...

in all seriousness tho - sleep is the ONLY decent thing that will help ... its just lucky i still know how to spell that damned word now ...

a huge amount of planning ( just like in those pics ) and preparation for when the cards come in over the coming weeks / months ...

not looking forward to the divorce - even before im married Tongue ...

what a life us miners have ... sheesh! ...

#crysx

deadsix

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:00:40 PM

messy . . . inventory count & lots of more other stuffs to. much to do, sleep is a luxury to me now !

finally, 2 samples of mobo arrived, yet to be tested . . . 6 x pcie hehehe price is about the same as tb85 (prices of tb85 has shot up !) some teaser pix

I see you have stumbled upon the Chinese OEM mining boards. There are ones that have 6 x PCIE16 slots as well.

dexxa05

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:06:53 PM

GPU's all over the place, there are more just have to look for them as more rigs are built.

more mess . . . all sorts of cables in various lengths, risers included & breakout boards

i've received quite some pm's, will reply when possible. i'm short on stock on certain items, restocking them.

back to work for now. happy mining folks.

Which kind of GC do you use ?

Thx
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: