Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:37:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417954 times)
killeriq

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:12:49 AM

hello,

could you please add DSTM miner please? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021765.0)

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 09:32:43 AM

hello,

could you please add DSTM miner please? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021765.0)

Thanks

Its already there with the ZM name

1bash:

Code:
ZM_or_EWBF="ZM"  # choose ZM or EWBF miner

# DSTM ZM Miner optional arguments add "--telemetry=$IPW:42000" if you want web info
ZM_OPTS=""

killeriq

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:55:43 AM

hello,

Thanks

1bash:

Code:

# DSTM ZM Miner optional arguments add "--telemetry=$IPW:42000" if you want web info
ZM_OPTS=""

Ah ok thanks cos in version i just downloaded "v0019-1.4"

its only
Code:
ZM_or_EWBF="ZM"  # choose  ZM  or  EWBF

nothing else with "ZM" there also none "# DSTM ZM Miner optional arguments add "--telemetry=$IPW:42000" if you want web info
ZM_OPTS=""

Thanks
monck

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:17:40 AM

Yes it should be terminated and start again
WTM Auto Switch Logic is :
if ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="NO", it only restart miner and watchdog (to prevent wdog from catching low util and restart again)
if ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="YES", it checks coins algo
if algo changed, it restart watchdog, temp control and 3main so specific algo takes effect
if algo not changed, it only restart watchdog and miner

You will see a miner terminated in gnome-terminal when algo not changed, if you check wtm tab you see it started with new command line and you can watch miner output log with:

Code:
~/nvOC miner-log

I have some ideas for next version to show the miner info in a new tab when miner terminated.

Thanks for explanation - the problem is that nothing is restarting after termination neither wtm nor watchdog and miner.
This behavior is on two independant rigs.
At the time I am running without Auto Switch
As I'am a Linux virgin - is there a possibility to give you more information for check?
papampi

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 10:40:03 AM

Yes it should be terminated and start again
WTM Auto Switch Logic is :
if ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="NO", it only restart miner and watchdog (to prevent wdog from catching low util and restart again)
if ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="YES", it checks coins algo
if algo changed, it restart watchdog, temp control and 3main so specific algo takes effect
if algo not changed, it only restart watchdog and miner

You will see a miner terminated in gnome-terminal when algo not changed, if you check wtm tab you see it started with new command line and you can watch miner output log with:

Code:
~/nvOC miner-log

I have some ideas for next version to show the miner info in a new tab when miner terminated.

Thanks for explanation - the problem is that nothing is restarting after termination neither wtm nor watchdog and miner.
This behavior is on two independant rigs.
At the time I am running without Auto Switch
As I'am a Linux virgin - is there a possibility to give you more information for check?

I made a small change so the terminal keeps showing miner output even after switch.
You can run the update script again and it will make the change.
After it finishes just launch the gnome-terminal again, no need to reboot.

If mining wont start again after switch its usually a problem with your coins settings in 1bash
Check and make sure all the coins in WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS=" ..... " has correct values.

Also you said ".... neither wtm nor watchdog and miner."
wtm stops working after switch?
Thats wierd ...
Is there any errors on the wtm switch tab?

thaelin

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:43:01 AM

@papampi
   I am currently testing to see the overall result of WTM.  Most will not need what I want so will ask what to edit or add.  I want to watch the overall output of all 4 coins that I have added and want to track each one.  What I would like to add is a date/time stamp on the output of WTM. I have already edited to save last 200k of the file so I can generate a very large data set. This will be added to a spread sheet to see what coin does best at what time and for how long. So far, my ETH has been the best over all. I soon will add 2 more to the data set.

thanks much    thay
papampi

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 11:06:17 AM

@papampi
   I am currently testing to see the overall result of WTM.  Most will not need what I want so will ask what to edit or add.  I want to watch the overall output of all 4 coins that I have added and want to track each one.  What I would like to add is a date/time stamp on the output of WTM. I have already edited to save last 200k of the file so I can generate a very large data set. This will be added to a spread sheet to see what coin does best at what time and for how long. So far, my ETH has been the best over all. I soon will add 2 more to the data set.

thanks much    thay

If you are on latest community release...
Open 8wtm_auto_switch and add

Code:
 | ts "$(date)"

Before the output logs you want timestamp for them
So it will be like this:

Code:
    python2.7 '/home/m1/WTM_SWITCHER' /home/m1/WTM.json  | ts "$(date) - " | tee -a $LOG_FILE

CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:08:26 PM

@papampi

thanks much    thay

This is an addition that seems interesting to me to make the right choice of coins to mine according to the algorithms too.
Nicehash was doing this through a graph not so long ago before being stolen our hash stored on their poorly secured servers ...

How do you intend to present the data? In graphical form excel ??

I would be interested in this tool that you intend to develop.
WaveFront

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:16:30 PM

Thanks to all whom helped us testing nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release.

Testing is almost done and we will start making the full image install any time soon.

If you caught any bugs please send me, Stubo or Leenoox a PM or post in forum so we can correct it before releasing the full image.

Keep calm and carry on mining.
Where can I download the latest update script for the nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release?
Would it help if I participate to the test (very late) it or would it be better if I wait for the final image?

Testing is almost done,
But it would be great if more people test so we make sure all is good for image release.

Testing - 19-2.0 Community Release Update Script

Hi Papampi,
In the file that I downloaded I cannot find the update script. What is the update procedure?

Sorry,
My mistake, this is the correct link
I set the rig just to mine ETH
So far everything is working fine, except for the permission assigned to ethminer. I had to manually change them in order to make it run.
I will test the other features little by little
papampi

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:35:56 PM

Thanks to all whom helped us testing nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release.

Testing is almost done and we will start making the full image install any time soon.

If you caught any bugs please send me, Stubo or Leenoox a PM or post in forum so we can correct it before releasing the full image.

Keep calm and carry on mining.
Where can I download the latest update script for the nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release?
Would it help if I participate to the test (very late) it or would it be better if I wait for the final image?

Testing is almost done,
But it would be great if more people test so we make sure all is good for image release.

Testing - 19-2.0 Community Release Update Script

Hi Papampi,
In the file that I downloaded I cannot find the update script. What is the update procedure?

Sorry,
My mistake, this is the correct link
I set the rig just to mine ETH
So far everything is working fine, except for the permission assigned to ethminer. I had to manually change them in order to make it run.
I will test the other features little by little

Thanks for the heads up
There was a typo in update script, fixed it.

CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:41:49 PM

Questions about Vivo Coin, i need some advices about it :

It seems that this coin be stable and profitable since i can see it in WTM coin list, but we don't know who is behind this coin not even on their own official page !  Huh
Is this coin is more risky than others listed on WTM ?  Undecided
I wonder for weeks on this piece ... Undecided

1/ Is anyone tried this neoscrypt miner software ?
NSGminer : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712650.0
if so, did you get better performance (hash rate and power consumption) than with other mining software?

2/ Is someone here mine Vivo coin ? If so, can you tell us which pool do you choose because there are a lot listed on their btctalk thread but, i can't détermine which is better to choose.
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110690.0)

Nobody has answers to my questions about this mining software or the choice of pools for VIVO?

I tried to compile myself NSGminer but it seems that the scripts are no longer operational and I have a git error while running the file autogen.sh

Are my questions understandable or should I rephrase them?

help me please
killeriq

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:04:41 PM

hello,

Thanks

1bash:

Code:

ZM_OPTS=""

its only
Code:

nothing else with "ZM" there also none "# DSTM ZM Miner optional arguments add "--telemetry=$IPW:42000" if you want web info
ZM_OPTS=""

Thanks

Added it like this:

ZEC_POOL="zec-eu1.nanopool.org"
ZEC_PORT="6666"
ZM_OPTS="--telemetry=0.0.0.0:4029"

but seems like web page doesnt work (using the same style on other mining OS)
Stubo

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:57:23 PM

hello,

Thanks

1bash:

Code:

ZM_OPTS=""

its only
Code:

ZM_OPTS=""

Thanks

Added it like this:

ZEC_PORT="6666"

Have you tried $IPW instead of 0.0.0.0? IIRC, DSTM's miner is picky about what is used for the IP and $IPW should be your rig's IP address as determined by code in 1bash.
papampi

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 02:04:14 PM

hello,

Thanks

1bash:

Code:

ZM_OPTS=""

its only
Code:

ZM_OPTS=""

Thanks

Added it like this:

ZEC_PORT="6666"

Those options are for 19-2.0 Community Release not 19-1.4

killeriq

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:25:12 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 02:37:50 PM by killeriq

ah ok , so pleaase where do i download the 19-2.0?

Also how do i get in there  this newer version DSTM 0.5.7 - many thinks fixed vs 0.5.2

thanks

EDIT:
Found it...find the upgrade script and then...

Download this script
nvOC_19-02_DSTM_ZM_MINER_0_5_7_UPDATE

And run :
Code:
bash nvOC_19-02_DSTM_ZM_MINER_0_5_7_UPDATE

so lets try;)
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:43:45 PM

Questions about Vivo Coin, i need some advices about it :

It seems that this coin be stable and profitable since i can see it in WTM coin list, but we don't know who is behind this coin not even on their own official page !  Huh
Is this coin is more risky than others listed on WTM ?  Undecided
I wonder for weeks on this piece ... Undecided

1/ Is anyone tried this neoscrypt miner software ?
NSGminer : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712650.0
if so, did you get better performance (hash rate and power consumption) than with other mining software?

2/ Is someone here mine Vivo coin ? If so, can you tell us which pool do you choose because there are a lot listed on their btctalk thread but, i can't détermine which is better to choose.
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110690.0)

Nobody has answers to my questions about this mining software or the choice of pools for VIVO?

I tried to compile myself NSGminer but it seems that the scripts are no longer operational and I have a git error while running the file autogen.sh

Are my questions understandable or should I rephrase them?

help me please

Since nobody answered me on the VIVO Pool I read again their thread btctalk and I chose the pool which seems to me the most promising in view of its hashrate in neoscrypt: https://www.unimining.net/ at 0.5% fee
This other pool has the interface quite similar to that of suprnova appears equally interesting: https://aikapool.com/vivo/index.php
but to check in the long term concerning its stability online because at the time I write these lines, the site is no longer reachable ..... 1% fee

On the other hand, I had to modify the file 0miner because of the password which makes it possible to indicate the coin to be mined.

so I deleted the variable
Code:
MINER_PWD = "x" # Set the miner password. Default: x
in the 0miner file, which produces this lines:

Line 394
Code:
  screen -dmSL miner $HCD -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://$TZC_POOL:$TZC_PORT -u $ADDR -p c=TZC -i $TZC_INTENSITY
Line 401
Code:
  screen -dmSL miner $HCD -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://$VIVO_POOL:$VIVO_PORT -u $ ADDR -p c=VIVO -i $VIVO_INTENSITY

In the 1bash, I modified like this:

Code:
#Trezarcoin (TZC)
# ## No need to add add stratum + tcp: // to server address
TZC_WORKER = "$ WORKERNAME"
TZC_ADDRESS = "TtpFnwJ9YnpMGk4YG93q5nuy2HkQH6jLe3" # Cryptopia Wallet Address
TZC_POOL = "pool.unimining.net"
TZC_PORT = "4237"
TZC_INTENSITY = "21"

Code:
#Vivo (VIVO)
# ## No need to add add stratum + tcp: // to server address
VIVO_WORKER = "$ WORKERNAME"
VIVO_ADDRESS = "VPnkB5GtGwnYV5TvvDT5NhvaAHRzvHbXbw" # Cryptopia Wallet Address
VIVO_POOL = "pool.unimining.net"
VIVO_PORT = "4233"
VIVO_INTENSITY = "21"
killeriq

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:28:44 PM

Hello,

Please could someone explain me or point me to right direction?

Im bit confused about OC settings:

there are multiple OC parts:

1. This one i understand is the MAIN setting for all card/algo/hash

I either enable/disable PowerLimit, but the CORE and MEM stays

Code:
# OC (overclock) and Power Limit settings              #
#                                                      #
########################################################

POWERLIMIT="NO"            # YES or NO # Choose YES to set Global Power Limit for all GPU's

POWERLIMIT_WATTS=75         # Global Power Limit in watts for all GPU's. If enabled, INDIVIDUAL settings will override this.

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100        # Global Core overclock for all GPU's if not using INDIVIDUAL settings

MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100        # Global Memory overclock for all GPU's if not using INDIVIDUAL settings

2. Set this as NO - dont want to be ALGO (coin) specific

Code:
# Default values set at the end of 1bash are for 1060, remember to set yours accordingly.
ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="NO"       # YES or NO # See the description above

3. This one i thought its hash (equihash) specific OC setting, but it wont take it - ignores
So what is it for? not sure what relation it has with FANs

Code:
# ENSURE YOU USE MINER_TEMP_CONTROL for fanspeed

equihash_POWERLIMIT_WATTS=115
__equihash_CORE_OVERCLOCK=110
equihash_MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=500

4. Those are per card in case i have different models in the rig

Code:
# INDIVIDUAL Power Limit, Temp and Clock settings      #

# Settings below are for rigs using INDIVIDUAL powerlimit / target temps / clocks only
# If set to YES, the INDIVIDUAL settings will override the GLOBAL settings

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"    # YES or NO

# Set individual powerlimits here if INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="YES"
INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT_0=100
INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT_1=100

5. Not sure why are also HASH specific OC settings and also ALGO/COIN specific - bit confused  Huh

Code:
# ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC settings                            #

# ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC settings
# OC settings you can use based on COIN or ALGO (how ever you want to categorize them)
# Deafault values are for 1060 check http://krypto-mining.blogspot.co.uk/ for other OC values

if [ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES" ]
then

# Equihash
  if [ $COIN == "BTG" -o $COIN == "ZEC" -o $COIN == "ZEN" -o $COIN == "HUSH" -o $COIN == "ZCL" -o $COIN == "KMD" -o $COIN == "ZPOOL_EQUIHASH" -o $COIN == "MPH_EQUIHASH" -o $COIN == "NICE_EQUIHASH" -o $COIN == "VOTE" ]
  then
    ALGORITHM="EQUIHASH"
    POWERLIMIT_WATTS=130
    __CORE_OVERCLOCK=150
    MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=800
  fi
Moscut

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:51:28 PM

hi all - noob here.

is it possible to use Alexis78 miner for lyra2REv2 ? i get here much better results than other like tpruvot ...

also how can i install Teamviewer? Thanks
papampi

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:32:19 PM

Hello,

Please could someone explain me or point me to right direction?

Im bit confused about OC settings:

there are multiple OC parts:

1. This one i understand is the MAIN setting for all card/algo/hash

I either enable/disable PowerLimit, but the CORE and MEM stays

Code:
# OC (overclock) and Power Limit settings              #

POWERLIMIT="NO"            # YES or NO # Choose YES to set Global Power Limit for all GPU's

POWERLIMIT_WATTS=75         # Global Power Limit in watts for all GPU's. If enabled, INDIVIDUAL settings will override this.

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100        # Global Core overclock for all GPU's if not using INDIVIDUAL settings

MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100        # Global Memory overclock for all GPU's if not using INDIVIDUAL settings

2. Set this as NO - dont want to be ALGO (coin) specific

Code:
# Default values set at the end of 1bash are for 1060, remember to set yours accordingly.
ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="NO"       # YES or NO # See the description above

3. This one i thought its hash (equihash) specific OC setting, but it wont take it - ignores
So what is it for? not sure what relation it has with FANs

Code:

equihash_POWERLIMIT_WATTS=115
__equihash_CORE_OVERCLOCK=110
equihash_MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=500

4. Those are per card in case i have different models in the rig

Code:
# INDIVIDUAL Power Limit, Temp and Clock settings      #

# Settings below are for rigs using INDIVIDUAL powerlimit / target temps / clocks only
# If set to YES, the INDIVIDUAL settings will override the GLOBAL settings

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"    # YES or NO

# Set individual powerlimits here if INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="YES"
INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT_0=100
INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT_1=100

5. Not sure why are also HASH specific OC settings and also ALGO/COIN specific - bit confused  Huh

Code:
# ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC settings                            #

# ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC settings
# OC settings you can use based on COIN or ALGO (how ever you want to categorize them)
# Deafault values are for 1060 check http://krypto-mining.blogspot.co.uk/ for other OC values

if [ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES" ]
then

# Equihash
  if [ $COIN == "BTG" -o $COIN == "ZEC" -o $COIN == "ZEN" -o $COIN == "HUSH" -o $COIN == "ZCL" -o $COIN == "KMD" -o $COIN == "ZPOOL_EQUIHASH" -o $COIN == "MPH_EQUIHASH" -o $COIN == "NICE_EQUIHASH" -o $COIN == "VOTE" ]
  then
    ALGORITHM="EQUIHASH"
    POWERLIMIT_WATTS=130
    __CORE_OVERCLOCK=150
    MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=800
  fi

Your part 3 is for salfter auto switch... Don't know if there is a better way to show it

Code:

# SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING &                  #
# SALFTER_MPH_PROFIT_SWITCHING Settings                #

CURRENCY=USD

POWER_COST=0.20

MINIMUM_PROFIT=0.0

MPH_USERNAME=replace_with_your_MPH_username

PAYMENT_ADDRESS="$BTC_ADDRESS"

WORKER_NAME="$WORKERNAME"

PROFIT_CHECK_TIMEOUT=600

daggerhashimoto_POWERLIMIT_WATTS=120
__daggerhashimoto_CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
daggerhashimoto_MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100

If you want individual OC its the last part of 1bash your part 5

wi$em@n

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:47:48 PM

HI,
after applying the latest version of nvOC-19-2-update I've got this in the MINER_TEMP_CONTROL:

GPU 0, Target temp: 65, Current: 60, Diff: 5, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 1, Target temp: 65, Current: 59, Diff: 6, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 2, Target temp: 65, Current: 57, Diff: 8, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 3, Target temp: 65, Current: 63, Diff: 2, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 4, Target temp: 65, Current: 63, Diff: 2, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 5, Target temp: 65, Current: 64, Diff: 1, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 6, Target temp: 65, Current: 61, Diff: 4, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 7, Target temp: 65, Current: 59, Diff: 6, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 8, Target temp: 65, Current: 63, Diff: 2, Fan: 55, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 9, Target temp: 65, Current: 64, Diff: 1, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 10, Target temp: 65, Current: 60, Diff: 5, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 11, Target temp: 65, Current: 62, Diff: 3, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
GPU 12, Target temp: 65, Current: 63, Diff: 2, Fan: 50, Power: [Not Supported]
Sun Dec 17 10:43:54 MST 2017 - All good, will check again in 13.5 seconds

Why power has become "Not Supported"?
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: