Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:47:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:25:57 PM

root partition wont allow to go lower, So I think its the smallest we can get.
But will try to cleanup the OS again, see if I can reduse more.

Why do not you use a lighter linux system like Lubuntu or even, a linux system even more minimalist as there are at least a dozen ...

I know, I say in a vacuum and it's a lot of work but I have often thought about it. I did not have the courage or the motivation to try.

These days, I'm getting ready to make my RIG fatter because 2 GPU is good for testing, but it does not produce enough and not fast enough for my taste.

I don't notice any Sol/s difference as long as the desktop is not being actively used (all my rigs are headless anyway).

I think the only thing left to reduce size and improve stability (maybe?) is abandon Desktop

I thought the same thing but the problem is that nvOC is an easy to use mining system. I think it won't be easy to use for lots of people if you remove gnome desktop or another desktop interface. A lighter interface desktop would be a better solution.
An Xorg instance needs to be running on each GPU (which is what nvidia-xconfig -a or --enable-all-gpus does) for nvidia-settings to change clocks and fan.

Can you share how you run nvOC in full headless mode without losing Xorg.
Any steps necessary for first run ...

May be we can add an option in 1bash for that mode.

In nvoc running headless doesn't mean you don't start X11. The Desktop is running, it just doesn't have monitor attached to it. nvidia drivers require X11. I believe there is a way to not fully load desktop with xinit and start the miner from tty. This way the X server will start but it will not load Unity or Gnome. Just not enough time to play/test this for now...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leenoox

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:43:54 PM

Why do not you use a lighter linux system like Lubuntu or even, a linux system even more minimalist as there are at least a dozen ...

I know, I say in a vacuum and it's a lot of work but I have often thought about it. I did not have the courage or the motivation to try.

These days, I'm getting ready to make my RIG fatter because 2 GPU is good for testing, but it does not produce enough and not fast enough for my taste.

I don't notice any Sol/s difference as long as the desktop is not being actively used (all my rigs are headless anyway).

I think the only thing left to reduce size and improve stability (maybe?) is abandon Desktop

I thought the same thing but the problem is that nvOC is an easy to use mining system. I think it won't be easy to use for lots of people if you remove gnome desktop or another desktop interface. A lighter interface desktop would be a better solution.
An Xorg instance needs to be running on each GPU (which is what nvidia-xconfig -a or --enable-all-gpus does) for nvidia-settings to change clocks and fan.

I'm actually using a different Ubuntu based OS: https://ba.net/zcash-eth-miner-os/. I like it because it's almost stock Ubuntu with Nvidia driver preinstalled and I use Ansible-playbook for configuration management. An xorg.conf is generated every boot before X starts with this systemd service file:

Code:
[Unit]
Description=Generate xorg.conf
Before=lightdm.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=true
ExecStart=/usr/bin/nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=28 --allow-empty-initial-configuration

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

This is not the best solution as the nvidia-xconfig doesn't fully optimize the xorg.conf. I am working on something similar to this, a new script to generate xorg.conf on every boot before starting X.
The main problem, especially with with those 19 GPU motherboards is that BusId is not correctly assigned with the static xorg.conf that we are using. On any mobo when adding/removing cards the Bus is changes... plus there are some busid numbers skipped (used for other PCIe devices) and it is different on all mobos.
The script will use lspci to find all nvidia GPU's and create new xorg.conf with proper busid values assigned and all other tweaks that nvoc uses. Hopefully this will fix the problems like booting into black screen with cursor, booting into pink screen, etc

NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:49:33 PM

I'm actually using a different Ubuntu based OS: https://ba.net/zcash-eth-miner-os/. I like it because it's almost stock Ubuntu with Nvidia driver preinstalled and I use Ansible-playbook for configuration management. An xorg.conf is generated every boot before X starts with this systemd service file:

Code:
[Unit]
Description=Generate xorg.conf
Before=lightdm.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=true
ExecStart=/usr/bin/nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=28 --allow-empty-initial-configuration

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

This is not the best solution as the nvidia-xconfig doesn't fully optimize the xorg.conf. I am working on something similar to this, a new script to generate xorg.conf on every boot before starting X.
The main problem, especially with with those 19 GPU motherboards is that BusId is not correctly assigned with the static xorg.conf that we are using. On any mobo when adding/removing cards the Bus is changes... plus there are some busid numbers skipped (used for other PCIe devices) and it is different on all mobos.
The script will use lspci to find all nvidia GPU's and create new xorg.conf with proper busid values assigned and all other tweaks that nvoc uses. Hopefully this will fix the problems like booting into black screen with cursor, booting into pink screen, etc
I have 6 GPU rigs so that hasn't caused any problem although I do plan on building 8 and 12 GPU rigs in the future. That 19 GPU boards seems like it has more problems than it's worth.

https://forum.hiveos.farm/discussion/36/asus-b250-mining-expert
leenoox

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:31:27 PM

I have 6 GPU rigs so that hasn't caused any problem although I do plan on building 8 and 12 GPU rigs in the future. That 19 GPU boards seems like it has more problems than it's worth.

https://forum.hiveos.farm/discussion/36/asus-b250-mining-expert

Actually that is a good picture in the above link showing the busid's. Note how the busid's (first column) are 1, 2, 3, then 6, 7, etc. nvoc's static xorg.conf uses busid's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. This is what I am trying to correct and create dynamic xorg.conf with properly assigned busid's. I am not sure if it will fix the problems with Asus B250 Mining Expert or not (I don't have this board, I will ask for beta testers once the script is done), but this problem of improperly assigned busid's affect most other boards as well (however, they still work because current nvoc xorg.conf has settings for 19 cards, not gonna go into more details here, it's a big topic), and occasionally nvoc will not boot or will not overclock some card.

urnzwy

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:37:11 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 10:35:38 PM by urnzwy

How to setup telegram for nvoc0019

First of all install Telegram, you can have it on almost all operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, ...
Open your telegram and send /newbot to @BotFather
To send message to @botfather, click the search (magnifying glass) and search for @botfather, when found click start and send message /newbot
It will ask for name, send your desired bot name EX.  Mining Rigs Info
Then it ask for a username for your bot , send your desired unique username EX. papampi_mining_nvoc0019
it will give you an HTTP API token EX.     HTTP API: 408504581:AAHen-E4peZrlVhJx-GlnADyiVDgGiR4O8g
Put it in your 1bash  like this :
Code:
TELEGRAM_APIKEY="408504581:AAHen-E4peZrlVhJx-GlnADyiVDgGiR4O8g"
Now send /getid to @myidbot same search process for @botfather
Click start, then send /getid
It will give you a 8 digit number put it in 1bash :
Code:
 TELEGRAM_CHATID="97994065"
Click the Start in your new bot
Thats it.
You will get some info every 30 min. and alerts from watchdog
You can edit your telegram file and get more info
I will send my edited telegram for more info later today.

Man I cannot get this to work. Did exactly as above and tried to use the ./telegram cmd to test. But nothing comes through. I don't have to edit any other files in the OS right? It should work with my bot & ID?

My TELEGRAM_MESSAGES loads the following

m1@m1-desktop:~$ bash /home/m1/7telegram
Telegram Messages for nvOC v0019-2.0 - Community Release
Version: :v0019-2.0.001

New Telegram in 3600 seconds

osnwt

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:17:42 PM

This looks amazing and we would love to merge your rigmon into nvoc. Moreover, we would love if you could join the dev team and help further improve nvoc.
nvoc has thousands of users, great and active community that provides feedback and gratitude so it will be great platform for your project.

We've been looking to add some sort of remote monitoring and management but it keeps being pushed aside as we work on further improving and bug fixing the core nvoc scripts.

It would be great to use your tool as a starting point (instead of starting from scratch) and we could further expand it to add management options like on the fly change of mining coin, OC adjustments, reboot, 1bash creation trough GUI, etc.

If interested in joining the dev team please contact papampi for details or at least share the code to be merged if you don't have time for further development. Thanks.
Sorry, I definitely have no time to make any promises for participation. I think we have different visions for its development. I like 1bash to be separated into smaller scripts (clocks, miners, etc) and put under git control to update remotely and apply automatically (suggested it to the original author, but think it was not implemented for a reason). But for newbies maybe easier to have all in one and no git.

I may consider sharing the code of rigmon as is, if you find it useful. It does not have currently a comprehensive manual, but there are some comments in the sample config. I am ready to answer questions and do minor changes I need (like miner autodetect). I intentionally did not use websockets to update, use polling instead - it may be reconsidered too. Remote management might be good but you have to provide authentication (maybe you already have it, as I said, I don't use nvOC as it was designed, I only use it as a kernel+video drivers with power/clock management, use own scripts to start anything).
leenoox

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:41:44 PM

Thats exactly what Leenoox says to use Lubuntu or some thing lighter.
But I think changing OS needs fullzero consent and its not our place to fully change his OS.

Ubuntu 18.04 is coming in less than 3 months
lets see how it works with gnome-desktop and new kernels, and hopefully fullzero will show up till then too.

nvOC boots in less than a minute and I dont see any reason to migrate from it and go for lubuntu or any thing else when ubuntu has the most users and many are familiar with it.

Only reducing the weight of the image for first. That will facilitate downloading and flashing. This reduced weight would permit smaller USB KEY too.

As was mentioned above by another contributor, a script that will be added to a normal version of ubuntu would be largely superficial. Not necessarily need to download a complete system as currently. It would suffice to say that it must install these scripts packages on ubuntu VIRGIN

For Fullzero, will we see him coming back one day?
Nothing is less sure.

I know we've already talked about all this, but the more time passes and the more difficult it is to continue without giving you access to you and other coders like Leenoox and Stubo or others I probably forget . You can not even edit the description of the thread and readers are forced to type in the entire thread to understand what is happening. Not really optimized all that.

I'm just a user, but I still read posts that say they downloaded version 19-1.4 instead of yours.

Ubuntu is heavyweight OS and it's desktop Unity is nothing but trouble. Even Ubuntu is abandoning Unity in its next release and are switching to Gnome which is even heavier (but more stable). I doubt we need a full featured desktop environment for mining purposes. Why carry all that heavy and resource hungry desktop environment when we don't really need it.

If we want to stay within the Ubuntu ecosystem my proposal was to switch to Lubuntu which is using LXDE desktop which is much lighter and less resource hungry than Ubuntu's Unity. But... Lubuntu is switching from LXDE to LXQT in the next release in few months which is even greater and doesn't make sense to build, apply tweaks and optimize it when in few months will change its core system.

We are stuck at crossroad with Ubuntu and its derivatives (Lubuntu) at the moment as major changes and new LTS versions are coming in 3 months time, not worth the effort to rebuild nvoc on a new base Ubuntu system now.

On the other hand, as my opinion is not very favorable towards any Ubuntu (or derivative) as being built for masses and thus introduce features that create overhead and inherit bugs we don't really need in mining OS (Bluetooth, printers, sound, media), I am leaning towards building linux from scratch by using Manjaro Architect (Arch linux based) or start with plain Arch linux and add only what we need in the mining world (latest kernel for greater hardwer support, light desktop, compilers, script support, php, Perl, etc.), which will shed all junk and bloatware that comes with Ubuntu and will be extremely light, responsive and easy on resources.

In my opinion this would be natural progression of nvoc as we will transfer everything from nvoc into a new base system with the added benefits of better hardware support (latest kernel), security (latest software updates), compatibility with new miners (CUDA 9.1), stability, less resources, etc. The beauty of Arch linux is the use of rolling system which means there are no new releases, there are no releases and end of life, the system is always the latest, you can take years old image and will bring itself up as if it was installed today with all latest software and packages.

In my opinion this will not steer away from fullzero's beliefs or nvoc's open source way but will help us keep nvoc up to date with bleeding edge hardware support and up to date softwate.

I am not saying that this will be easy or can happen overnight. There is a lot of work to custom build Arch linux, apply tweaks and adapt nvoc's scripts to the new ecosystem but once it's done we will have rock solid mining OS without any bloatware that will have very small image to download and could probably use only few gigs of space.

If there's enough interest and positive feedback on this, I could start working on it Wink

jintruder

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:55:49 PM

leenoox, excellent, you have green light from my side !!!!

One question : Does nvOC support server failover for Claymore's miner ??

Another question : Is it possible to find out somehow the exact steps which fullzero applied to transform the original ubuntu image into nvOC ?
NameTaken

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:03:27 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 10:47:32 PM by NameTaken

I hear the opposite where Unity is quite stable while GNOME crashes more often. That's from using them as normal desktops which you probably aren't going to do with a mining rig anyways. As for resource usage, I don't think that's a big concern since most mining rigs have 4 or 8GB of RAM and running Unity + miner uses less than 2GB. I don't think switching to Arch is a good idea. Closed source miners are compiled for Ubuntu and running them in Arch will result in miss and/or wrong shared libraries.
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 09:32:13 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 09:57:21 PM by salfter

I've had some issues recently with nvOC eating itself when Ubuntu pushes out an upgrade.  Mostly it's updates to the nVidia drivers with mismatched libraries or something similar keeping miners from starting.  The timing of the first two such incidents was particularly bad, as the first was right before I left for a cruise.  I thought I'd fixed it, but it ate itself again a day or two later while I was somewhere off the coast between Long Beach and Ensenada.   Roll Eyes

I've kinda always had a bit of a preference for Gentoo.  It's what most of my Linux boxes run (other than the Raspberry Pis, and I've even had Gentoo running on those from time to time), and it's what I'm most comfortable handling.  I put an M.2 SSD back in my mining rig, got Gentoo up and running, and knocked together some ebuilds for the latest versions of several GPU miners.  (The sp-mod ccminer needed some fixes to build against CUDA SDK 9, and I've also patched it so that it exits on the first SIGINT (like every other miner) instead of requiring you to press Ctrl-C twice.)

I pulled in my MiningPoolHub switcher, and with changes to the miner paths (they all live in /usr/bin now), it works as it does on nvOC.  I currently have the GPU fans on automatic, but I might port the fan-control code in nvOC to run the fans faster to keep the GPUs cooler.

I've also benchmarked the different miners and algorithms again to see which ones are faster, and this might be of interest to nvOC users.  The single-purpose miners (ktccminer-cryptonight, EWBF's equihash miner, and ethminer) are the fastest at their respective algorithms.  Of the various forks of ccminer (tpruvot, sp-mod, KlausT, and alexis78), for the algorithms I've currently configured to mine at MiningPoolHub, sp-mod is faster at 5 algorithms (groestl, neoscrypt, qubit, skein, and x11) and tpruvot is faster at 3 (keccak, lyra2v2, and myr-gr).  A table of what miner supports what and which miner is faster is at https://home.alfter.us/s/58BNGWUTxfpvr5U; yellow indicates an algorithm supported by only one miner, while boldface indicates the fastest miner I benchmarked on my four 1070s.

I don't have my new system wrapped up in a tarball that you can download and dump onto a flashstick as with nvOC; that isn't really the Gentoo way.  You can, however, recreate it for yourself.  Install Gentoo as you normally would (I used the amd64 no-multilib profile), install Layman, use Layman to install my Portage overlay, install the miners, and install my MiningPoolHub switcher.  A shell script launched from within /etc/local.d (or a cron job) can be used to run the switcher periodically.

Next up: benchmark the algorithms available at zpool that I don't already have in the config.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:24:33 PM

Thats exactly what Leenoox says to use Lubuntu or some thing lighter.
But I think changing OS needs fullzero consent and its not our place to fully change his OS.

Ubuntu 18.04 is coming in less than 3 months
lets see how it works with gnome-desktop and new kernels, and hopefully fullzero will show up till then too.

nvOC boots in less than a minute and I dont see any reason to migrate from it and go for lubuntu or any thing else when ubuntu has the most users and many are familiar with it.

Only reducing the weight of the image for first. That will facilitate downloading and flashing. This reduced weight would permit smaller USB KEY too.

As was mentioned above by another contributor, a script that will be added to a normal version of ubuntu would be largely superficial. Not necessarily need to download a complete system as currently. It would suffice to say that it must install these scripts packages on ubuntu VIRGIN

For Fullzero, will we see him coming back one day?
Nothing is less sure.

I know we've already talked about all this, but the more time passes and the more difficult it is to continue without giving you access to you and other coders like Leenoox and Stubo or others I probably forget . You can not even edit the description of the thread and readers are forced to type in the entire thread to understand what is happening. Not really optimized all that.

I'm just a user, but I still read posts that say they downloaded version 19-1.4 instead of yours.

Ubuntu is heavyweight OS and it's desktop Unity is nothing but trouble. Even Ubuntu is abandoning Unity in its next release and are switching to Gnome which is even heavier (but more stable). I doubt we need a full featured desktop environment for mining purposes. Why carry all that heavy and resource hungry desktop environment when we don't really need it.

If we want to stay within the Ubuntu ecosystem my proposal was to switch to Lubuntu which is using LXDE desktop which is much lighter and less resource hungry than Ubuntu's Unity. But... Lubuntu is switching from LXDE to LXQT in the next release in few months which is even greater and doesn't make sense to build, apply tweaks and optimize it when in few months will change its core system.

We are stuck at crossroad with Ubuntu and its derivatives (Lubuntu) at the moment as major changes and new LTS versions are coming in 3 months time, not worth the effort to rebuild nvoc on a new base Ubuntu system now.

On the other hand, as my opinion is not very favorable towards any Ubuntu (or derivative) as being built for masses and thus introduce features that create overhead and inherit bugs we don't really need in mining OS (Bluetooth, printers, sound, media), I am leaning towards building linux from scratch by using Manjaro Architect (Arch linux based) or start with plain Arch linux and add only what we need in the mining world (latest kernel for greater hardwer support, light desktop, compilers, script support, php, Perl, etc.), which will shed all junk and bloatware that comes with Ubuntu and will be extremely light, responsive and easy on resources.

In my opinion this would be natural progression of nvoc as we will transfer everything from nvoc into a new base system with the added benefits of better hardware support (latest kernel), security (latest software updates), compatibility with new miners (CUDA 9.1), stability, less resources, etc. The beauty of Arch linux is the use of rolling system which means there are no new releases, there are no releases and end of life, the system is always the latest, you can take years old image and will bring itself up as if it was installed today with all latest software and packages.

In my opinion this will not steer away from fullzero's beliefs or nvoc's open source way but will help us keep nvoc up to date with bleeding edge hardware support and up to date softwate.

I am not saying that this will be easy or can happen overnight. There is a lot of work to custom build Arch linux, apply tweaks and adapt nvoc's scripts to the new ecosystem but once it's done we will have rock solid mining OS without any bloatware that will have very small image to download and could probably use only few gigs of space.

If there's enough interest and positive feedback on this, I could start working on it Wink

I only used the ARCH LINUX system once and I was pleasantly surprised at the fluidity of my Raspberry v1.

As far as I am concerned, you have all my support, and I am willing to help you as I can, for example by testing what you will make available to us. If your image is on a 4 GB USB key then I think you will easily find a lot of testers.

With regard to CUDA 9.1, the pb seems to come from the develloppers of engineering sofware as ccminer. many versions have not moved for months, and others seem to evolve quickly and often like that of Klaust. I think it will be difficult to reconcile CUDA 8 and Cuda 9.1 in the same system.

I was actually thinking about Lubuntu, but from what you write there, enfochntion of the different evolutions of the two branches of ubuntu, it may not be worth it. not now anyway.

On the other hand, this is a huge project and if I want to make my contribution to the building, I'm not sure I have enough knowledge like you ...

Launch and tell us what is going on in a few weeks. 8 weeks can be to have a draft?
kk003

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:44:17 PM

First of all install Telegram, you can have it on almost all operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, ...
To send message to @botfather, click the search (magnifying glass) and search for @botfather, when found click start and send message /newbot
Then it ask for a username for your bot , send your desired unique username EX. papampi_mining_nvoc0019
it will give you an HTTP API token EX.     HTTP API: 408504581:AAHen-E4peZrlVhJx-GlnADyiVDgGiR4O8g
Code:
Code:
Thats it.

Man I cannot get this to work. Did exactly as above and tried to use the ./telegram cmd to test. But nothing comes through. I don't have to edit any other files in the OS right? It should work with my bot & ID?

Try this code right after line 146 (you have just modify your msg)
Code:
echo "Return code: " $?

See if that return code gives you some new info. A 0 value means ok.
urnzwy

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:59:59 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 11:46:31 PM by urnzwy

Code:
Code:
Thats it.

Code:

Comes back with this, but I still don't get any messages? Do I need to do anything on the bot side to have this sent to the chat? I created the bot and started, found my user ID then pasted both into the 1bash file.

Return code:  0

./telegram

CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:30:04 PM

whattomine has just added the crowdcoin to the possible coin selection in its comprarative list.
If you want to add it to your WTM_SWITCHER list, it's still easy:

To add CrowdCoin(CRC) (Neoscrypt) to the selection of cryptocurrency in 1bash script file and therefore also in the WTM switch:

1 / Find TZC Variables in 1bash file (just below the VIVO variables, you will copy / paste as a template Under TZC lines):

Code:
# CrowdCoin (CRC)
# ## No Need to add add stratum+tcp:// to server address
CRC_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
CRC_ADDRESS="CRC_Wallet_Address" # Donwnload CrowdCoin Wallet and Blockchain to obtain an address, avoid mining on cryptopia address
CRC_POOL="pool.unimining.net" # 0.5% pool fee, Yiimp Pool
CRC_PORT="4238"
CRC_PWD="c=CRC"
CRC_INTENSITY="17"

Add this below to the 0miner script file (in the same way below the command to launch the TZC ccminer (and you can copy TZC but be careful to replace TZC_ by CRC_ in the whole command):
Code:
	if [ $COIN == "CRC" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer'
ADDR="$CRC_ADDRESS.$CRC_WORKER"
screen -dmSL miner $HCD -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://$CRC_POOL:$CRC_PORT -u $ADDR -p $CRC_PWD -i $CRC_INTENSITY
fi

At the end of 1 bash file, you can also add CRC coin in ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC section, Like This :

Code:
if [ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES" ]
then
  # Neoscrypt
  if [ $COIN == "FTC" -o $COIN == "ORB" -o $COIN == "PXC" -o $COIN == "VIVO" -o $COIN == "TZC" -o $COIN == "GBX" -o $COIN == "CRC" -o $COIN == "NICE-NEOSCRYPT" ]
  then
    ALGORITHM="NEOSCRYPT"
    POWERLIMIT_WATTS=80
    __CORE_OVERCLOCK=150
    MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=800
  fi

Don't mine directly to Cryptopia Wallet Address because if Maintenance on CRC Blockchain, cryptopia will be slow to reput online a wallet, and you risk to mine in the void for all  the time cryptopia CRC wallet would be offline.
Download their smaller wallet. There is a portable wallet for windows users.

To consult your pool balance :
https://www.unimining.net/?address=CRC_Wallet Address

You can mine CRC on other pools :
http://www.zpool.ca/site/mining => 2% pool fee
http://pool.hashrefinery.com/ => 1.25% pool fee
https://altminer.net/ => 0.9% fee

More pools on their webpage, I do not have all consulted :
http://crowdcoin.site/#
arekayne

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:29:43 AM

bbswitch: No suitable _DSM call found.

anyone know why I would be getting this error message on repeat after boot?

Try an OS update, may solve the problem

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y && sudo apt autoclean -y && sudo apt autoremove -y && sudo reboot

thanks for the reply. I cant get to the terminal to update the os. Im also a ubuntu newb so bare with me pls. i can get to the grub command line and i can get to the tty1 login for which idk the username or pword.
NameTaken

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:19:37 AM

Hi I have a noob question, I tried the current newest version v0019_1.4 I'm having trouble even try to boot into the OS, its as if Grub or MBR is none existent, there's no other boot medium on my rig so it just skips and try to load using PXE boot which I don't have and fails and then asks for a booting medium, I also tried it on different rigs same result, I tried simpleminingOS on the exact USB and burning process it boots completely fine, so that rules out the hardware being defective. inside windows, I can see 1bash, I've tried changing the recommended settings or using default(burned try to boot without touching 1bash), I have tried both etcher.io or HDD raw copy for burning with same result none of which is working. if anyone can provide some pointer where I can start debugging this would be greatly appreciated.
Newest version is nvOC v0019-2.0: https://github.com/papampi/nvOC_by_fullzero_Community_Release
kk003

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:30:35 AM

Code:
Code:
Thats it.

Code:

Comes back with this, but I still don't get any messages? Do I need to do anything on the bot side to have this sent to the chat? I created the bot and started, found my user ID then pasted both into the 1bash file.

./telegram

May I suggest you to follow the steps here: https://youtu.be/HS7Q1zH00bs and then test again?
Thx.
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 03:57:22 AM

I now have a working zpool auto-switcher:

https://gitlab.com/salfter/zpool-switch

A note of caution: the description of their API is pretty much non-existent, and the normalized-profit statistic they report isn't in the same units from one algorithm to the next (it's BTC/day per MH/s for most, per GH/s for several, per PH/s for sha256d, and per kS/s for ethash).  Based on the data I've seen elsewhere, I think I have the right correction factors to correct all of them to BTC/day per GH/s, which matches up with the hashrates (in GH/s) in my miner configuration file.  If you notice that a particular algorithm seems high or low by some multiple of 3 orders of magnitude, let me know.

Further development of my auto-switchers will be under Gentoo instead of nvOC, but they should still work under nvOC with no changes to the Python code and just binary path updates in miners.json to reflect the different miner locations (the miner binaries live under /usr/bin on Gentoo).  Also, the shipping miners.json refers to a miner (at https://github.com/krnlx/ccminer-xevan) that nvOC doesn't currently provide.  Blake2S can be reconfigured to use tpruvot's ccminer at a minor performance hit.  XEvan is a relatively new algorithm only supported by the aforementioned ccminer-xevan; as a fork of ccminer, it should be relatively simple to get running under nvOC if desired.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
wi$em@n

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:17:58 AM

when ubuntu has the most users and many are familiar with it.
agree with you, but for another reason:
Lubuntu is just a variant of Ubuntu, it is the same OS, which uses LXDE desktop instead of Uniti Desktop in Ubuntu, and for mining purpose I don't think there will be noticeable difference
urnzwy

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:39:30 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 05:20:56 AM by urnzwy

Code:
Code:
Thats it.

Code:

./telegram

May I suggest you to follow the steps here: https://youtu.be/HS7Q1zH00bs and then test again?
Thx.

I tried that first thing, even switched my VPN to a bunch of different countries but non would play. Give's me this error - This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

According to this, it's not allowed anywhere.. How are you watching it?

https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHS7Q1zH00bs

EDIT: Got it working. I literally created a new bot / getupdate and it worked.. No clue why it didn't work the first three times.
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: