Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:13:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike - 16 chip ASIC Open Source Board - Preliminary  (Read 435330 times)
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Certainly, I wish him a safe recovery. But look at his recent post history. If he can make a plugin for Electrum, then he can certainly process a refund.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:56:58 PM

Certainly, I wish him a safe recovery. But look at his recent post history. If he can make a plugin for Electrum, then he can certainly process a refund.

I see some people do follow my logic here. Even before he disappeared, he was acting flaky on the phone and seemed like he was 2 seconds from running. So yes, I doubt his resolve.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:38:15 AM

We have introduced cryptomining to the kids at our school and they hashed away on some X6500's and earned some FRC then later last year we spent an afternoon at Pt. Katolec Indonesia http://www.katolec.com/english/elec/jigyosyo/indonesia.html seeing how PCB's were made and they are currently working on a Laser Light Plane Table. Not sure what sort of facade that is but it seems like character assassination is what this guys all about.

The problem with smearing people, as jasinlee is doing to BKKCoins, is that you might want to actually post evidence. As for why he feels the need to make this about me one can only imagine. Suffice to say he has NO evidence to support his claims that Chris faked or lied about the motorcycle accident and he should again shut his mouth unless he can prove it. This isn't about my reputation it is about how he is continuing to slander Chris and he is not here to defend himself. Cowardly at best.

There is a difference between "following logic" and out right slander.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:43:51 AM

Having watched this thread from the beginning, I still pop in to see how progress is going on the k16 mk2.

Come on Lads,

This was a great project that died, mostly due to Avalon.
Progress is being made for next gen and this is where people come.

pages of bickering,

Could you guys just leave this thread for discussion on the K16 and start a new one.   Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:44:40 AM

Having watched this thread from the beginning, I still pop in to see how progress is going on the k16 mk2.

Come on Lads,

This was a great project that died, mostly due to Avalon.
Progress is being made for next gen and this is where people come.

pages of bickering,

Could you guys just leave this thread for discussion on the K16 and start a new one.   Grin

Yes that is where all his comments belong in a new thread the accusations area not here. I have no issue with people asking and questioning but why is it necessary to smear someone's rep here especially when you are speculating? If you have evidence start a new thread.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:29:45 PM

Is this project still alive?

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
h@shKraker

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:10:23 PM

Yes, Zipiju is waiting on PCBs to do initial Avalon Gen2 assembly and bring up testing.

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
zipiju

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:17:23 PM

Yes, Zipiju is waiting on PCBs to do initial Avalon Gen2 assembly and bring up testing.

H@shKraker

Guys, sorry for the delays, and my absence here.
Things are happening here, so I'm short on the free time.
I'm going to pick the PCBs up tomorrow (today) morning. They are already cleared by the customs.
Unfortunatelly, I'm not at home, so can't do the assembly tomorrow. I'm returning home friday night, and will be assembling the PCBs at saturday. So expect some (hopefully good) news this weekend.
So until then, hold tight Smiley.

Be sure to check out http://projectklondike.org/ site
1CKscJAxjdhbJjJPJ9AzL2dWTmB6oc49UE
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:10:20 AM

Honestly I have no dog in this fight (in fact I am not even currently an ASIC BTC miner, I GPU mine scrypt ATM).  I understand BKK did a tremendous amount of work for the community and a lot of people "like" him. 

Can I ask honestly without wanting to offend BKK or his supporters why it is wrong for Jasinlee to question the authenticity of BKK's claims?  Seems fair to want to be able to rule out any possibilities of shenanigans.  I mean benefit of the doubt seems to be in short supply in the BTC world what with it's Deadwood mentality.  I see this entire subforum full of internet detectives digging into every aspect of companies and peoples lives, yet this particular gentleman puts a post on the forums and folks questioning him are attacked.

I must be missing something.

Admittedly, if I was asked for my personal opinion I would say I believe BKK's story (that and $5 will get you a fancy coffee at Starbucks!).  That is very easy for me to say having no skin in the game LDO but none the less I am not sure why some one who didn't agree with that opinion shouldn't be allowed to ask the question. 

Yes. You are missing something. Since, like you said, you have no dog in this fight. Bkkcoins work has not only helped this community, but his BOM and PCB have been adapted and copied many times. The Kondike has served as the basis for Technobit's miners, as well as a template probably for potential Litecoin mining ASIC pcb's as well, and who knows what other inspirations and technological innovations.

Accidents happen, and nothing is perfect. People lose bitcoins all the time, and they live through it, without brain damage.

That is not the case for real life accidents.

As for Bkkcoins scamming people on purpose, it is highly doubtful that he did do it on purpose. He had the opportunity, like many ASIC manufacturer/designers, to completely rape people over the coals and take literally thousands of their BTC months ago, starting in April of 2013, when everybody was desperate for more hashpower. But he did not do it.

Lots of other people have scammed people around here, but there is no evidence that Bkkcoins has ever done so. Yeah, people may have lost some BTC, but hey, you lose BTC if you buy a stinking miner that never makes the BTC back. So, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

As for jasinlee, he seems to have appointed himself the righteous detective, judge and jury of this community to prevent scamming.

You know we can see your post history and registration date right?

Lets summarize my position so you do not get confused.

I want all the competitors that claim to be launching to be legit, this community has been scammed too many times.

Like, really? Who appointed you Inspector Clouseau? The Pink Panther?

And before you throw my accusations right back at me (which you will undoubtedly do), I've supported Bkkcoins and zipju with BTC to help them along with their projects.

So yeah, I have a dog in this fight.

bassclef

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:45:05 AM

Bkkcoins work has not only helped this community, but his BOM and PCB have been adapted and copied many times. The Kondike has served as the basis for Technobit's miners, as well as a template probably for potential Litecoin mining ASIC pcb's as well, and who knows what other inspirations and technological innovations.

Accidents happen, and nothing is perfect. People lose bitcoins all the time, and they live through it, without brain damage.

I appreciate what he has done to a tremendous degree, however it doesn't make it right for him to ignore his debts. I won't accept the not-small amount Chris owes me as some sort of collateral damage for the good of the greater mining community. That's ridiculous.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:58:53 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 06:46:01 AM by Bicknellski

Bkkcoins work has not only helped this community, but his BOM and PCB have been adapted and copied many times. The Kondike has served as the basis for Technobit's miners, as well as a template probably for potential Litecoin mining ASIC pcb's as well, and who knows what other inspirations and technological innovations.

I appreciate what he has done to a tremendous degree, however it doesn't make it right for him to ignore his debts. I won't accept the not-small amount Chris owes me as some sort of collateral damage for the good of the greater mining community. That's ridiculous.

No one I hope would ask you to do that bassclef.

I merely think if anyone is going to smear his name they provide proof he lied and not insinuate that he faked or lied about laying in hospital  to take that to another thread and wax on about it there. This thread has been useful to so many people it doesn't need to devolve with name calling and false accusations or slander. I think it would be good if people could, if they have a legitimate beef and need to get BKKCoins to pay them back, to start a thread for that. For the most part people were civil asking for refunds or asking for more information that is cool. Jasinlee took that one step too far and slandered the guy.

I hope BKKCoins does whatever he can to send people refunds as quickly as possible and I believe that is well within the rights of people who are owed money to ask for it. In fact a number of us who have "lost" something in this monetarily have offered to donate more to help offset the loses of people. Maybe a new thread for a collection plate to refund those who are owed would be a great idea. Who is willing to escrow and check and verify who is owed?

----

Back on track...

zipiju nice work. I hope it benefits a lot of people.

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:50:22 AM

zipiju can you start a new thread? This one is a mess and will get worse when refunds dont arrive soon.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:51:55 AM

zipiju can you start a new thread? This one is a mess and will get worse when refunds dont arrive soon.

Ya and you can go make your accusation thread as well.

Might as well lock this one up considering the OP is not working on the project.

Bicknellski

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:57:08 AM

--- Back on Topic ---

H@shKraker

Guys, sorry for the delays, and my absence here.
Things are happening here, so I'm short on the free time.
I'm going to pick the PCBs up tomorrow (today) morning. They are already cleared by the customs.
Unfortunatelly, I'm not at home, so can't do the assembly tomorrow. I'm returning home friday night, and will be assembling the PCBs at saturday. So expect some (hopefully good) news this weekend.
So until then, hold tight Smiley.

LordTheron

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 03:43:38 PM

Same here, I appreciate Chris work however i've paid for goods  which I never received so how can anybody justify it with this greater good crap?
pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:52:14 PM

Same here, I appreciate Chris work however i've paid for goods  which I never received so how can anybody justify it with this greater good crap?

+1   My messages gone unanswered.  I too am out almost 2 BTC.  No response.    Huh

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
QualitySeeds

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

Buy Ganjs Seeds with BTC @ www.qualityseeds.nl

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 02:58:54 PM

No one I hope would ask you to do that bassclef.

I merely think if anyone is going to smear his name they provide proof he lied and not insinuate that he faked or lied about laying in hospital  to take that to another thread and wax on about it there. This thread has been useful to so many people it doesn't need to devolve with name calling and false accusations or slander. I think it would be good if people could, if they have a legitimate beef and need to get BKKCoins to pay them back, to start a thread for that. For the most part people were civil asking for refunds or asking for more information that is cool. Jasinlee took that one step too far and slandered the guy.

I hope BKKCoins does whatever he can to send people refunds as quickly as possible and I believe that is well within the rights of people who are owed money to ask for it. In fact a number of us who have "lost" something in this monetarily have offered to donate more to help offset the loses of people. Maybe a new thread for a collection plate to refund those who are owed would be a great idea. Who is willing to escrow and check and verify who is owed?

----

Back on track...

zipiju nice work. I hope it benefits a lot of people.
Well said :-)

U can buy marijuana seeds with BTC here !!!...

www.qualityseeds.nl

Legit Service for over 4 years
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:12:30 AM

Folks,

BKKcoins has a closed head injury that resulted from a motorcycle accident.  He's probably relearning how to walk again while slobbering on himself right now.  For my money I say we support Zipiju and be done with it.

H@shKraker

I've heard this before. It's terrible when a catastrophic health event happens. Even more so when lots of people are depending on that person, and they have no way of knowing what happened. I've been in the situation before of coming back after health issues to a few months of emails saying "Where are you" etc.

Just out of curiosity, how did you hear what happened? Was is documented here on the forum somewhere? Is there anything he needs that we could help with? I've followed this thread since the beginning and it's been amazing, despite the setback. If BkkCoins needs help of some kind, I'll do what I can...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.msg3649002#msg3649002

Oh, thanks. I had already seen that post. From the way h@shKraker was talking he was practically a vegetable, and I wondered when that had happened. After all, in the post  you mention he says "I am ok physically now."

I obviously can't say if his accident was real or not. I tend to believe him. Assuming it's real, that post sounds like a guy who's had a terrible accident, but is likely to have a full recovery.

Perhaps at this point BkkCoins is simply struggling to make ends meet and put food on the table after experiencing a grave financial setback. Whatever his situation, he's healthy enough to have at least posted here a few times since the alleged accident. Given that, I'd think the LEAST he could do is cut and paste a message/update of some sort to all the folks he owes money to (I'm talking direct communication, not a blanket post in a forum thread). I'll bet if the explained the situation, a lot of people would give him the benefit of the doubt. As I've already stated, I'm prepared to not hold him to what he owes me. But I'd still like a response from him!

Taking the other view, it IS plausible that the accident didn't happen. BkkCoins was obviously under a lot of stress right before his disappearance. Yifu's fuck up had hit us all pretty hard - we KNOW that was a huge blow to BkkCoins. He'd also had the sample chips for a few days. He'd likely had time to realize the K16 as designed had significant issues. Those issues may have been more than he was willing to face at the time, and he decided to bail. I don't think that's what happened. But IMO we need to face the fact that it IS a possibility.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Shameless Beggar

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:21:29 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 05:43:22 AM by Shameless Beggar

Here is my opinion for what it's worth. I think that accident didn't happen and he ran away with the money. However, I think he deserves that money  Grin (I didn't order anything from him by the way so it's easy for me to say). I am actually surprised he put so much work for so little amount of donations, and not sure why he didn't run away earlier seeing how some scum of the earth were openly planning to profiteer from his work. Although, majority of those who ordered from him were decent people in my opinion and I am sorry for their loss.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:44:50 AM

My take.

All this speculation is deserved in another thread on that specific topic.

------

Zipiju and others have gracefully taken up the work BKKCoins left and that is what the topic should be about now.

Can we agree about that?

Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 »
  Print  

Jump to: