Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike - 16 chip ASIC Open Source Board - Preliminary  (Read 435330 times)
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:39:49 PM

I'm kind of hoping all the devs will take a detour over into Bitfury land before they think about doing much of anything with Avalon Gen-2.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:41:36 PM

The really great thing would be if the boards were immediately compatible with the gen2 chips. What are the odds?

They aren't but... given the point Yifu made mods might be possible.

The problem is he has basically killed any interesting in reworking these designs with his chips. BitFury chips also fit all these boards and you know what they actually ship their product on time.

They know they fucked up, hence the change in policy. They now have the money to act as a "normal" business (no pre-orders, only shipping stock), I wouldn't write them off yet.

They are written off. Simple. Refund everyone that asks or suffer a boycott.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:43:28 PM

I'm kind of hoping all the devs will take a detour over into Bitfury land before they think about doing much of anything with Avalon Gen-2.

Best move anyone can make I think. Given that BKKCoins has put a lot into the dev of the Klondike anyone that takes up the design for BitFury if he doesn't should throw some of the sales to him as a thanks. Unfortunately if this Avalon nightmare is not resolved in a week or two at most this there are going to be lawsuits.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:00:06 PM

I wouldn't give Avalon 1cent after all this.
Simple, companies like that shouldn't be rewarded.
I vote with my wallet.
driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

I wouldn't give Avalon 1cent after all this.
Simple, companies like that shouldn't be rewarded.
I vote with my wallet.

Guys, i made a small poll with a few choices.. hopefully Avalon will see it and the forum will decide what they need to do to regain trust:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270897.0
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:20:43 AM

Yifu should give 10,000 FREE 55nm chips to all the DIY designers. BKKCoins, Alten and Burnin. That might have the right positive message to the community. Sickening to see what has happened to such great projects. Here is hoping Avalon actually becomes proactive and supports the DIY builders in the right way.
+1

Most Avalon orders are generated by the work of these people!

I wonder how much was generated by them? That is a really good question. There is certainly a great amount of power in the DIY community. Maybe other chip manufacturers will figure that out and support these sorts of efforts in future but sad to say that I bet quite a few people are going to rethink the whole idea given the result of this.

Hope all this doesn't get you down BKKCoins... really great work so far and if miracles do happen the chips will arrive soon.
Thats right! Miracles do happen, I am both hoping and praying for a miracle  Wink Mining is part of my livelihood.

But so much credit goes to BKK, I love the Klondike concept. I think we will see the chips and when we do, we just need to dust ourselves off and get back at it again. Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:41:52 AM

Is the revised board hashing yet?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 01:58:37 AM

BKK, I know this is the last thought any of us want to even think about right now, but what would it take to adapt a new gen2 chip to the exisitng board? Has that been given any thought? please forgive me for even asking in these trying times...sometimes in life when we are given lemons, we should try to make lemonade Smiley assuming some resolution were to come our way, short of getting refunds from avalon, a chip credit/deal if in fact the ordered chips never happen of course. Thx, your the best!

BkkCoins (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 02:24:51 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 03:15:36 AM by BkkCoins

BKK, I know this is the last thought any of us want to even think about right now, but what would it take to adapt a new gen2 chip to the exisitng board? Has that been given any thought? please forgive me for even asking in these trying times...sometimes in life when we are given lemons, we should try to make lemonade Smiley assuming some resolution were to come our way, short of getting refunds from avalon, a chip credit/deal if in fact the ordered chips never happen of course. Thx, your the best!
I didn't do any board work this weekend. It was a long weekend here (Queens birthday), so was noisy with celebrations. I did prepare orders to ship and have about a dozen to go out today when I get in to the post office. It was closed yesterday.

I don't have enough info on Gen 2 chips. Supposedly they'll be somewhat compatible but I don't know what that means yet and which pins might change if any. My guess is that they could possibly be swapped in with only software changes, but who knows.

I'm a bit bummed about how things have gone, and not as focussed on getting all my boards made as I should be. I either need a holiday or some good news on chip shipments. I'm quite tired but will get back to it soon.

daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:45:42 AM

I'm a bit bummed about how things have gone, and not as focussed on getting all my boards made as I should be. I either need a holiday or some good news on chip shipments. I'm quite tired but will get back to it soon.

Don't worry, I'm sure you're not the only one...

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:29:34 AM

I didn't do any board work this weekend. It was a long weekend here (Queens birthday), so was noisy with celebrations. I did prepare orders to ship and have about a dozen to go out today when I get in to the post office. It was closed yesterday.

I don't have enough info on Gen 2 chips. Supposedly they'll be somewhat compatible but I don't know what that means yet and which pins might change if any. My guess is that they could possibly be swapped in with only software changes, but who knows.

Im sure you could use both! a holiday and some good news Smiley but its good to hear from you, Im sure that goes for everyone in here. But thanks for shedding a thought on the gen2, who knows, that could be all thats on the horizon (chip wise) possibly where the klondike design board and all the work in it, can still be utilized for some time to come.  ok, hang in there BKK, take this little break in the action and take a break Smiley

marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 07:09:56 AM

I think i can help .
Yesterday I got 30 chips from nowhere...
Sent from hong kong. No update on Avalon order page. Smiley
Any update on test of fully populated K16.?
We are busy here with our design and did not have the chance to populate and test the last final K16 version

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
driksson

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:44:56 AM

I think i can help .

We are busy here with our design and did not have the chance to populate and test the last final K16 version
Hm, thats quite incredible news ? I mean, when was your first order?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:26:18 PM

I think i can help .
Wow that is ironic? so tell us, when was your chip order date? when was the payment made, and when was that sample shipped? that may shed a little light on the mystery. I know Terrahash had posted a video of a fully populated k16 hashing.

marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 02:27:49 PM

I think i can help .
Wow that is ironic? so tell us, when was your chip order date? when was the payment made, and when was that sample shipped? that may shed a little light on the mystery. I know Terrahash had posted a video of a fully populated k16 hashing.
Order made 17-th of June, paid by my escrow JhonK same day
3 weeks late with the samples

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
groove_machine

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:34:49 PM

Looking for some tips on sourcing parts....

Ignoring the current situation(!) I'm struggling to find suppliers for these bits without long lead times.

USB Micro Controller            PIC16LF1459-I/SS/ML   Microchip   
1.2V, 16A Buck Step Down Regulator   IR3895                   Intl. Rect.   16A
Dual NOR Gate               74AUP2G02DC      NXP   
Oscillator                       ASDMB-32.0-LC      Abracon   32MHz
Power Inductor, Low DCR, 18A      38L361C         Murata   0.360uH
Power Inductor               MLP2016S4R7M      TDK      4.7uH
Ferrite Bead Choke            ILBB0603ER600V      Vishay   60 ohm, 25%
Ceramic Capacitor            C3216X7S0J476M      TDK      47uF
Ceramic Capacitor            C1608X5R1V225M      TDK      2.2uF
Ceramic Capacitor            C1005X7S1A474K      TDK      0.47uF

UK suppliers would be preferred. Can anyone help out?

Cheers
aamarket

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 04:35:18 PM

http://uk.farnell.com/murata-power-solutions/38l361c/inductor-0-36uh-30-18a-smd/dp/2062878?Ntt=38L361C

IMPORTANT:http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0,Tips welcome BTC:1AAMARKETmJvfjDwEFmhyYYwfre7ZFVseP  RIC:RGnX6LcJrsVEuYeySDDxkmH7AjRqoprcKt
bassclef

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:57:58 PM

Quote from: BkkCoins
I'm a bit bummed about how things have gone, and not as focused on getting all my boards made as I should be. I either need a holiday or some good news on chip shipments. I'm quite tired but will get back to it soon.

You and me both. I've got my reflow/hot air workstation all ready to go, the parts organized, and no eta on chips. That combined with all the negativity here about Avalon and a scary difficulty jump soon is making it hard to stay positive. But thank you for the work you've put in so far--the community owes you a debt of gratitude even if they don't seem very gratuitous at the moment. Anyway it's nice to hear marto's good news, let's hope for more in the coming days.

Looking for some tips on sourcing parts....

Power Inductor, Low DCR, 18A      38L361C         Murata   0.360uH

UK suppliers would be preferred. Can anyone help out?

I can help you with this one, I have plenty extra of the Sumida alternative on hand. I'm in the US, though.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:38:15 PM

and a scary difficulty jump soon
50810339.04828 an hour or so ago ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
cardcomm

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:35:56 PM

and a scary difficulty jump soon
50810339.04828 an hour or so ago ...

I saw it coming, but ack! Still hurts :/

BBKCoins: I know you're understandably a little bummed. We all are. But Avalon's failure to deliver in no way lessens your accomplishment with this design effort. It's been great fun watching your thread from the beginning. My hat is off to you sir!

You've done an incredible job - thanks again for everything, and keep your spirits up. Those chips could start shipping sooner than we all think Smiley

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 »
  Print  

Jump to: