Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:13:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:23:22 AM

Fisco Launches Bitcoin Bond

https://dcebrief.com/fisco-launches-bitcoin-bond/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 04:29:43 PM

Indeed, moving right a long with DNotes 2.0. Before long we will need to run extensive live testing, and looking for people to get involved in the testing. Anyone who may be interested, please reply here or send us an email, contact@dnotescoin.com.

Happy to help however you might need.

Thanks MiningHabit!

We will be seeking out additional code testers starting now and offering a DNotes bounty for reviewing parts of the DNotes 2.0 code. If anyone has experience or would like to make any suggestions for people in our industry to seek out.

Refer to my post about Syscoin. I know in some ways they are the competition but, they are honest and would make a great partner if that appeals to any of you. Just a thought...

That is definitely worth a shot if they are willing to work with us going forward. I'm sure it can be mutually beneficial.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:28:43 PM

Congress May Be Considering Cryptocurrency Protections

https://dcebrief.com/congress-may-be-considering-cryptocurrency-protections/
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:57:38 PM

If this is true, it would be good news for currencies like DNotes that have always operated with respect for the law.

"Given that the story relies entirely upon unnamed sources, it is probably reasonable to view it with a healthy dose of skepticism." -  Considering that the Daily Caller specifically mentioned one coin name in particular that Congress was focusing on, and it's such an unknown currency, perhaps that is the source of the information...  Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:35:14 AM

If this is true, it would be good news for currencies like DNotes that have always operated with respect for the law.

"Given that the story relies entirely upon unnamed sources, it is probably reasonable to view it with a healthy dose of skepticism." -  Considering that the Daily Caller specifically mentioned one coin name in particular that Congress was focusing on, and it's such an unknown currency, perhaps that is the source of the information...  Wink

This is still way too early to speculate, but if true, could benefit DNotes. I like the following as quoted: “the law needs to be changed to protect digital currencies from federal government harassment to make sure that a complaint currency can be backed by value, the currency cannot be treated like a security or investment, and that transfers are protected against taxation. The bottom line is that Congress needs to remove all the obstacles to a vibrant digital currency that has voluntarily taken the initiative to keep the bad guys from using it.” (unnamed source)
Optimiza

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:10:21 AM

Any particular reason why Dnotes has been falling so badly as of today?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:38:15 AM

I noticed that the sell side has increased by 1 million as the price of DNotes dropped. The added supply may be the contributing factor, since everything else is fine. We are making great progress with DNotes 2.0 development.
Optimiza

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:48:06 AM

I noticed that the sell side has increased by 1 million as the price of DNotes dropped. The added supply may be the contributing factor, since everything else is fine. We are making great progress with DNotes 2.0 development.

Thanks, Dnotes fall from the high has been pretty big, hopefully 2.0 will renew an upward trend.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:23:44 AM

Thanks, Dnotes fall from the high has been pretty big, hopefully 2.0 will renew an upward trend.

You are welcome, Optimza. DNotes is significantly under-valued compared to some of our industry peers. I trust that it will change fairly quickly with the launch of DNotes 2.0 followed by a major PR campaign.
goopuss

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:14:12 AM

The recent decline in price is due to Poloniex. I put in a Support ticket 6 weeks ago about withdrawal issues for my Dnotes coins and I still have not heard from them. I could not withdraw my Dnotes from Poloniex so  I sold them for BTC and withdrew the BTC. The fact that I have had no response from Poloniex is very disheartening. I'm sure many other Dnotes holders have tried to withdraw Dnotes but have not been able to, so instead of waiting for days, months or maybe never they are selling at record lows just to get some value for their coins. It really sucks that one exchanges incompetence, and lack of customer support can create a chain reaction to all the other exchanges and then everyone follow suit and basically dump the coins for pennies on the dollar. Dnotes 2.0 will not increase the price until Poloniex releases the coins. Until then Dnotes will even lower in price. Let's hope Poloniex fixes this problem before they alone kill Dnotes.
SCeeYong

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:47:43 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 09:02:29 AM by SCeeYong

The recent decline in price is due to Poloniex. I put in a Support ticket 6 weeks ago about withdrawal issues for my Dnotes coins and I still have not heard from them. I could not withdraw my Dnotes from Poloniex so  I sold them for BTC and withdrew the BTC. The fact that I have had no response from Poloniex is very disheartening. I'm sure many other Dnotes holders have tried to withdraw Dnotes but have not been able to, so instead of waiting for days, months or maybe never they are selling at record lows just to get some value for their coins. It really sucks that one exchanges incompetence, and lack of customer support can create a chain reaction to all the other exchanges and then everyone follow suit and basically dump the coins for pennies on the dollar. Dnotes 2.0 will not increase the price until Poloniex releases the coins. Until then Dnotes will even lower in price. Let's hope Poloniex fixes this problem before they alone kill Dnotes.
The recent decline in price is due to Poloniex. I put in a Support ticket 6 weeks ago about withdrawal issues for my Dnotes coins and I still have not heard from them. I could not withdraw my Dnotes from Poloniex so  I sold them for BTC and withdrew the BTC. The fact that I have had no response from Poloniex is very disheartening. I'm sure many other Dnotes holders have tried to withdraw Dnotes but have not been able to, so instead of waiting for days, months or maybe never they are selling at record lows just to get some value for their coins. It really sucks that one exchanges incompetence, and lack of customer support can create a chain reaction to all the other exchanges and then everyone follow suit and basically dump the coins for pennies on the dollar. Dnotes 2.0 will not increase the price until Poloniex releases the coins. Until then Dnotes will even lower in price. Let's hope Poloniex fixes this problem before they alone kill Dnotes.

I agree. The oversupply of DNotes at PoloniEx coupled with the impaired withdrawal will certainly kill DNotes.

With the withdrawal being impaired at PoloniEx for Dnotes, it is certainly difficulty and almost impossible for us to transfer Dnotes from our PoloniEx balance to the DNotesVault. I am speculating that PoloniEx may not be interested in resolving the issue because of low transaction.

I have been postponing my deposit of BTC to PoloniEx to buy DNotes  because of this issue.
Hopefully, this problem can be looked at more urgently with the advent of DNotes 2.0.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:32:57 AM

The recent decline in price is due to Poloniex. I put in a Support ticket 6 weeks ago about withdrawal issues for my Dnotes coins and I still have not heard from them. I could not withdraw my Dnotes from Poloniex so  I sold them for BTC and withdrew the BTC. The fact that I have had no response from Poloniex is very disheartening. I'm sure many other Dnotes holders have tried to withdraw Dnotes but have not been able to, so instead of waiting for days, months or maybe never they are selling at record lows just to get some value for their coins. It really sucks that one exchanges incompetence, and lack of customer support can create a chain reaction to all the other exchanges and then everyone follow suit and basically dump the coins for pennies on the dollar. Dnotes 2.0 will not increase the price until Poloniex releases the coins. Until then Dnotes will even lower in price. Let's hope Poloniex fixes this problem before they alone kill Dnotes.

It's definitely one of the main contributing factors, I've also got a support ticket 3 or 4 weeks old now for the same thing... essentially Poloniex's lack of resources or interest in offering quality service is costing their users, and holding some of the *currently* smaller currencies (and their owners) to ransom. Deposit and withdrawals not working on an entire currency at your exchange after a website update would come near the top of the list of important issues to solve, but there hasn't been any urgency to getting it resolved, nor even communication about it. It is highly unlikely they are unaware of it. It does highlight the need to be listed on other 'large' exchanges, but this wouldn't make sense until the release of DNotes 2.0.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:22:15 PM

Thank you goopuss, SCeeYong, and TeeGee for sharing your unfortunate experience concerning Poloniex customer support on pending DNotes withdrawal. Six weeks without a reply is troubling.

I have two pending withdrawals for about a week and have written to their management without a response. Does any one know if some other coins have the same issues? Please let us know if you do. I am travelling today but will check back later.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:09:50 PM

Thank you goopuss, SCeeYong, and TeeGee for sharing your unfortunate experience concerning Poloniex customer support on pending DNotes withdrawal. Six weeks without a reply is troubling.

I have two pending withdrawals for about a week and have written to their management without a response. Does any one know if some other coins have the same issues? Please let us know if you do. I am travelling today but will check back later.

I tried googling the issue before I made my last post, and I didn't really see anything that indicated other coins currently have the same issue. 

For now, we can just wish the Poloniex support team the best in getting through all the support tickets they have, so that they can get to ours.

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:18:51 PM

I tried googling the issue before I made my last post, and I didn't really see anything that indicated other coins currently have the same issue. 

For now, we can just wish the Poloniex support team the best in getting through all the support tickets they have, so that they can get to ours.

Hi team and Hi community. Just so your aware I glanced at poloniex's twitter account and I saw many people complaining of unanswered tickets dating back months. I also attempted to send a small amount of Dnotes out of poloniex with no success. I was able to send BTC in and buy Dnotes okay about a week ago. I really wish they would at least freeze trading until the problem was resolved.

I to am waiting for this issue to be resolved to buy a large chunk of Dnotes for my grandfather. I sure hope they figure it out soon. I am a big supporter for Dnotes project long term so it hurts watching this all go down after three years of anticipation because of one bad exchange. Its reminding me of allcoin, mintpal cryptsy collapse. I truly can't wait to see Dnotes own exchange to at least help stabilize the value more in the event something like this were to occur again with a 3rd party exchange.

sigh well at least Dnotes strengths will surpass this hiccup overtime either way especially if a 4 billion dollar market-cap (BCH) can be created out of thin air. I just sure hope its fixed the right way soon however. I know its out of the teams hands but Good Luck with this one team, you have my moral support. I hope for the best

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
sarabanda

Activity: 835
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:05:37 PM

Hello,september is nearly and how about swap? I hold my coins in c-cex.
mrbum805

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:27:21 PM

So v1.0 to v2.0, Its a whole new coin correct? I feel like or speculate then, in the event Poloniex does not release the Dnotes v1.0 than when v2.0 comes out it would just carry a different value. So they would be traded at different speculative values. v1.0 the price would depend on the belief that Poloniex releasing the coins someday and the gamble people want to play on Poloniex fixing the problem but it would reflect on all v1.0 exchanges. At any point in time anyone that is able to send/receive V1.0 could do so and convert it to v2.0. whether the price of v1.0 is very low at the time or not it only matters what v2.0 is because thats what your going to end up with in the end.

So then for instance if in dec. I think Poloniex is going to fix the issue v1.0 is worth lets say 700 sat. but v2.0 is worth 10k sat. then I buy a bunch of v1.0 and if and when Poloniex allows me to send the coins, I exchange them and each one is now worth 10k a very nice gamble for some of these high risk takers something that most would probably have a slight stake in whether they already have some in Poloniex or there new investors in the near future.

If I'm not understanding this right just correct me or delete this post. thanks

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 07:04:13 PM

Hello,september is nearly and how about swap? I hold my coins in c-cex.

Hi sarabanda,

The exact date and time of the swap will be announced once testing is completed, and we have a firm block cut off.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 07:08:02 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 07:39:38 PM by DNotes

So v1.0 to v2.0, Its a whole new coin correct? I feel like or speculate then, in the event Poloniex does not release the Dnotes v1.0 than when v2.0 comes out it would just carry a different value. So they would be traded at different speculative values. v1.0 the price would depend on the belief that Poloniex releasing the coins someday and the gamble people want to play on Poloniex fixing the problem but it would reflect on all v1.0 exchanges. At any point in time anyone that is able to send/receive V1.0 could do so and convert it to v2.0. whether the price of v1.0 is very low at the time or not it only matters what v2.0 is because thats what your going to end up with in the end.

So then for instance if in dec. I think Poloniex is going to fix the issue v1.0 is worth lets say 700 sat. but v2.0 is worth 10k sat. then I buy a bunch of v1.0 and if and when Poloniex allows me to send the coins, I exchange them and each one is now worth 10k a very nice gamble for some of these high risk takers something that most would probably have a slight stake in whether they already have some in Poloniex or there new investors in the near future.

It will indeed be an entirely new coin. We intend to be working with the exchanges to ensure a smooth transition where V1 and V2 would not be trading at the same time. To eliminate any issues with the swap, hopefully the current exchange issues are already resolved. But you are correct, if we proceed with the coin swap, without the full participation of the exchanges, there will be 2 separate values.

mrbum805

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:20:08 PM

It will indeed be an entirely new coin. We intend to be working with the exchanges to ensure a smooth transition where V1 and V2 would not be trading at the same time. Hopefully to eliminate any issues with the swap, the current exchange issues are already resolved. But you are correct, if we proceed with the coin swap, without the full participation of the exchanges, there will be 2 separate values.

Ahh I get it.. well right on hope it goes well and smooth for you guys behind the scene and will be looking forward to 2.0.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: