Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:17:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain  (Read 131108 times)
Chibongvdg

Activity: 561
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:36:06 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2019, 07:12:42 AM by Chibongvdg

The site is still running. I've tried to download the wallet and i can still mine and earn nimiq coin. If i try to sell it on exchange does it mean that nobody's gonna buy it because the volume is fake?

-edited. Thanks Bitcoin Miners

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
F2b

Activity: 2086
Merit: 865

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:02:39 AM

I got so many on ignore in this thread, that every reaction on this page (but me) shows 'ignored'  Grin
'cause they are always the same 5/6 acounts, but they're spamming non-stop.
Ohgreatanotherone

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:26:39 AM

I got so many on ignore in this thread, that every reaction on this page (but me) shows 'ignored'  Grin
Took the serious initially. Wanted to check in on their claim - especially that one guy claiming to off himself. Then started to see the partners of this newbie accounts and couldn't be bothered which side of the story was true or false. Medium and Steemit is just a click away and so is scam accusations. Plenty of mods and investigative type community members here too to get the word out to the public and relevant authorities. Don't get the flooding

andrewjaxx

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:51:02 AM

The site is still running. I've tried to download the wallet and i can still mine and earn nemiq coin. If i try to sell it on exchange does it mean that nobody's gonna buy it because the volume is fake?

Nobody is buying this shitcoin and scam. It is just themselves who are buying the coins very low to make the scam continue. They even admitted that they are running a trading bot. Robin Linus the founder, and the severe cannabis abuser posted that they manipulate the market buying coins. It is totally unprofitable to mine this shitcoin. Miners are running free botnet, hijacking users computers and setup free google cloud accounts mining for free the project and the team are mining this scam and dump coins on the market. This is why you still see some noise from some miners who are just interested to dump their coins to idiots like myself who bought their shitcoin and useless coin. Even pools are unprofitable. Everybody is losing money into this project expect the team who is just enjoying a great party in Costa Rica smoking weed and buying 1.1 million dollars villa from Elion Chin.

They are a shady organization, they never posted who is in the board, how many companies are they running, they never talked about Robin Linus drug abuse before Robin declared himself that he is a severe drug abuser, they posted that Robin (the founder of the project) was removed from the project but they can't do this because Robin is their boss. Robin will exit the project only if 1/3 of ICO funds worth 4 million dollars are assigned to him to build a new blockchain from scratch.

The project is a scam. After they burn all the funds, they will shut down the network and close the project.
nimiqshitcoin

Activity: 329

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 12:01:31 PM

hello scamiqers,

As I posted yesterday, an insider told us that sushi pool will get closed as well. After Neil from nimbet.cc posted that he is totally unprofitable and expresses his willingness to shut down his operations with nimiq and just close the development with nimiq, today we got a short whistleblow from LTD the CEO of sushipool (2nd largest pool of nimiq) confirming 3 things

1. Mining is unprofitable. So, stay the fuck out of mining this scam, unless you want to lose money
2. Sushipool and probably SkyPool are unprofitable.
3. Sushipool will get closed soon due to expensive infrastructure costs and unscalability of nimiq mining.

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:19 PM
my questions are if it is profitable to start a mining pool
because i have seen other pools closing down their pools

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:20 PM
Not profitable atm
We can set you a pool if you have the servers ready for a fee

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:20 PM
thank you so much
i would like to try it by myself
i saw there is some tutorial

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:22 PM
Ok sure
You need Linux experience tho

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:22 PM
i work on mac
so it is quite the same
1) SkyPool
and secondly the unprofitability of the pools
the thing is that i don't want to go much into nim because of the factors

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:25 PM
Then this is not the business for you

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:25 PM
ah ok

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:25 PM
You just answer your question, it’s hard  as you mentioned

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:26 PM
i gotcha
and if I go into opening a pool for nim
how much money should I invest into it?
like how much money did you invest into sushi pool

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:40 PM
I can’t discuss that information, but what I can say is that our fee is 500K NIM
Server cost could be under $100 depending on the scale

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:43 PM
it is quite expensive
i was thinking it is quite easy being in javascript
but, it looks the opposite being quite expensive and hard to create and mantain

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:44 PM
Yep, but still give it a try

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:45 PM
another question, any idea if NIMIQ will be able to cover my expenses at least for the first few months running a new pool

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:46 PM
Don't think so, might have to look at it as an investment

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:46 PM
yeah, but I don't think running a pool is necessary an investment, it benefit the project to make it more decentralized

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:47 PM
true but no pool will burn cash forever, this is why they are shutting down

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:48 PM
i guess skypool is profitabile though. Isn't it?

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:48 PM
who really knows
they (SkyPool) ask for funding so they might not be

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:49 PM
oh really
i can't imagine why they don't fund pools
it looks as a bad idea to run a pool on nim

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:50 PM
It's a terrible idea atm, maybe it will improve later

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:51 PM
yea it is terrible
i guess you spend at least a couple of thousands of dollars per month to cover all the expenses

LTD | SushiPool.comYesterday at 11:52 PM
but again if you wan't us to get your pool online you can let me know

arthur.samuelYesterday at 11:52 PM
good to know

conversation online at https://textuploader.com/1am7f
sasha.new

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 12:12:21 PM

I didn't post for some time. I am also one of the stupid investors who lost 99% of their ICO investment. I spent many thousands of dollars and my investment is worth nothing, just a bucks. The project is dead, they admitted it (especially Robin) that the project is at a dead end and nobody wants this project and believes into it. Their are just a handful of very rich nim owners who mined a lot of using botnets and are interested to dump their coins to the market for stupid investors to buy their worthless coins. You can't do anything with their own. They are just worthless coins and another minable coin. It is not even profitable to mine. I don't even talk about the browser miner which is like 10x times slower than in terminal miner. The project is worthless.
andrewjaxx

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 12:26:09 PM

I didn't post for some time. I am also one of the stupid investors who lost 99% of their ICO investment. I spent many thousands of dollars and my investment is worth nothing, just a bucks. The project is dead, they admitted it (especially Robin) that the project is at a dead end and nobody wants this project and believes into it. Their are just a handful of very rich nim owners who mined a lot of using botnets and are interested to dump their coins to the market for stupid investors to buy their worthless coins. You can't do anything with their own. They are just worthless coins and another minable coin. It is not even profitable to mine. I don't even talk about the browser miner which is like 10x times slower than in terminal miner. The project is worthless.

The project is dead and thankfully most of the community left already. At the moment there are just a handful of investors who gambled too much on this scam. I also have to admit many months ago that I was a Shiller of them supporting the project. Only after some time I realized that the project was hijacked and turned into a scam by Philipp, Richy and Elion Chin and all my money was gone. Robin Linus lightened everybody that the project lost all ICO money and they are not interested into this. The project simply killed itself and then it was hijacked and turned into a scam.
sasha.new

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 02:02:59 PM

This project turned into a scam. ICO investors like lost everything! People want their refund! Either refunding or we will sue their for-profit company that held the ICO to the SEC in the United States
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 02:24:33 PM

Took the serious initially. Wanted to check in on their claim - especially that one guy claiming to off himself. Then started to see the partners of this newbie accounts and couldn't be bothered which side of the story was true or false. Medium and Steemit is just a click away and so is scam accusations. Plenty of mods and investigative type community members here too to get the word out to the public and relevant authorities. Don't get the flooding

Yes, it's a sad story. Recent AMA from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nimiq/comments/aeld86/team_nimiq_ama/

nimiqshitcoin

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 02:36:06 PM

People discovered the lies behind Nimiq and started to complain about their great tech. Everyone gets an instant ban after asking few simple questions.

BubsToday at 4:09 PM
I always figured that Chugwig has 10 million NIM and is trying to pump up the price here to stem his losses :grinning:

tony.philippToday at 4:12 PM
everybody has its own interests to pump and dump

BubsToday at 4:13 PM
I'm not necessarily a FUD spreader, but then I did use about $900 in cloud computing credits to mine about what is now $20 worth of NIM... so I might still be a bit bitter about that :slight_smile:

tony.philippToday at 4:13 PM
wow
how much nims did you mine Bubs with $900 of cloud computing credits ?
3 M ?

BubsToday at 4:14 PM
I had about 20,000 at one point. The difficulty was harder earlier on.
I probably wasted my first $100 trying to use the web miner, until I realized that the web miner sucked and the node.js miner worked 10 times better

tony.philippToday at 4:19 PM
yea the webminer it's a scam demo

BubsToday at 4:19 PM
But, hey, at least I didn't fund the ICO. If this project fails, those people are feel like they paid for a Costa Rican vacation for the dev team. With 95% losses, they might already feel that way.

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:19 PM
@tony.philipp scam? How so? They never advertised it. It's more a tech demo

tony.philippToday at 4:20 PM
it is still their only USP

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:20 PM
Nope
https://github.com/nimiq/woocommerce-gateway-nimiq

tony.philippToday at 4:20 PM
bitcoin and eth has already woocommerce integration

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:20 PM
Get your fact's straight before fudding.
So?

Nimiq != BTC != ETH
Complete diff chain

tony.philippToday at 4:21 PM
i don't want to sound like a fud
but nimiq blockchain is inferior to Bitcoin blockchain which is inferior to Eth blockchain

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:22 PM
Prove it\

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:22 PM
Last warning, come with real evidence

tony.philippToday at 4:23 PM
i will tell you why nimiq blockchain is inferior
1) Nimiq blockchain size is 200 kb, Bitcoin size is 1 mb
2) Nimiq is running in a virtualized sandbox javascript, like Bitcoin is writtein C

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:23 PM
1) This can always be changed - again do your research

so it means Nimiq is at least 5-10x slower than Bitcoin native C implementation

BubsToday at 4:23 PM
Yeah, that's just an opinion.... unless you are valuing the Blockchain by actual USD values.

2) Nimiq runs wasm, which is basically the same.

NO

2a) miner is written in C

wasm is about 20-50x slower than C
this is why mining in browser is pointless!

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:24 PM
Mining in browser is pointless yes

tony.philippToday at 4:24 PM
brantle, are your miners mining in browser?

We all know that

no, you are not mining in browser
as mining in browser is pointless, same is the consensus in node.js

But they don't advertise with it

the conseusus is not efficient

Where did you see that?

because it is not native

We're talking miners != wallet
tony.philippToday at 4:25 PM
miners, consensus, network all are node.js which means they are slower
that's why you can support more than 5000 miners per server

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:25 PM
So

while a bitcoin pool supports 50k per server

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:25 PM
With BTC you need to trust a 3rd party for webaccess

BubsToday at 4:25 PM
Nimiq was kinda advertised as "Blockchain fully in the browser" early on.

you don't. They can do SPV
to validate that a transaction is included in the blockchain

BubsToday at 4:26 PM
So the fact that browser mining sucks is a black eye for them.

tony.philippToday at 4:26 PM
it takes < 2 mb to download all the hashes and validate a transaction is included in the blockchain

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:26 PM
Did you reed about nimiq?

that's just not true that you need to download the entire blockchain
i do,

We have nano consensus
Which is the same

SPV blockchain is almost the same
to validate a transaction
and satoshi did in 2009

So?
Their papers are open, everyone is free to implement and use it
I see your also spreading false information in other channels. Last warning

tony.philippToday at 4:28 PM
i don't spread false information
i only said that this great and unique tech already exists in bitcoin

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:29 PM
Again, everyone is free to use the papers from BTC to make their own implementation

BubsToday at 4:30 PM
Yeah, my latest complaint was the salaries that the Nimiq developers were getting. That's not FUD, the Nimiq team didn't even bother disputing the numbers thrown out there on Reddit by a former disgruntled team member.

tony.philippToday at 4:30 PM
Bubs you should shut up otherwise they will ban you

brantje | SushiPool.comToday at 4:31 PM
@Bubs That's because it's illegal in Germany (and possibly CR too) to give salary information about an individual
And due they have single man departments, it's also not possible to do it on department level

tony.philippToday at 4:31 PM
yeah sure
nimiqshitcoin

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:39:27 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2019, 04:10:09 PM by nimiqshitcoin

Robin Linus (the founder of the project) was banned on Reddit, Telegram, and Discord. Robin decided to do an announcement on discord proving some of our facts from Bitcointalk, but he was immediately censored and all his messages from discord were quickly removed.

Quote from: Robin
First, I want to write my sincere apologies for being away in the last 3 days. I had to create a new account for the simple reasons some moderators banned me from Telegram, Discord, and Reddit. They banned me by thinking that I am jeopardizing the project, while I am just honest with you and our ICO investors. The thing is that I had some insightful and productive discussions with the "Team Nimiq" and we finally got to a consensus regarding the direction of the Nimiq Project and the funding of it. Both sides decided and agreed that "Team Nimiq" will hand one-third of the remaining 7 million dollars to a new board that will have to implement fundamental new research for a scalable blockchain. This research project will be managed solely by me and will eventually lead to a new blockchain developed from scratch. All nimiq users will get an airdrop at the launch of this new blockchain. I already started 6 months ago doing a new blockchain called TreeCoin ( https://github.com/RobinLinus/treecoin ) which is very efficient developed in Rust and tackles some issues of the UTXO blockchains to be scalable and allow zk-snarks sharding solutions making it possible to process at least 700 TPS. Nimiq at the moment allows only less than < 10 real TPS and this new solution of sharding would enable us to a decent solution of mass-adoption avoiding the issues with Bitcoin scalability pitfall.

I am interested to find talented developers who are interested in pursuing fundamental UTXO research and eventually to develop alongside with me a new blockchain. I am calling to anyone who is interested to join the forces with me to create TreeCoin

All the costs regarding research, travel to high-end conferences will be converted from the funds guaranteed by "Team Nimiq". Developers will work alongside with me to code, test and deploy this test net. Moreover, our aim is to make it totally compatible with all other applications of Nimiq like Keyguard, JsonRpc, Mining Pools, and others. A different Proof of Work algorithm will be used to avoid Botnets and free mining that is jeopardizing the project. At the moment I am exploring GPU only algorithms that require over 100 GB + of memory

LE. This conversation was not verified 100%
Scamiq

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 05:22:55 PM

Thanks nimiqshitcoin for relaying Robin post. Looks like scamiq team will loose one third of funds to Robin to develop his potcoin. Fuckin Scamiq you piece of shit.
nimiqshitcoin

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 05:46:29 PM

Thanks nimiqshitcoin for relaying Robin post. Looks like scamiq team will loose one third of funds to Robin to develop his potcoin. Fuckin Scamiq you piece of shit.

hi Scamiq!  I am just trying to dig and uncover all the shit they are hiding. Definitely, Team Scam Nimiq is not honest with the public and ICO investors who simply lost all their confidence a trust. Scam Nimiq was turned into a con art scam coin. It is so strange that they tell us that Robin was not banned, but we never heard from him again 3 days ago when he suddenly stopped to unveil the truth. Personally, I also lost confidence into Robin because he looks he is also interested in his own gain into this game with battling with Team Scami Nimiq and not communicating with us. I can't believe into a guy that he started to uncover the real truth and suddenly he disappeared into the abyss. I also want an ICO refund at least at the half of the initial ICO price.

Not only ICO investors and investors lost their confidence into this scam but also community members who left the project including Neil from nimbet, LTD is very close to close his sushi pool due to high expenses and unprofitability for such long time and many many other people. The coin is at a dead end and the scam will come to the surface.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:41:08 PM

There is an organised attack going on with multiple ‘new’ users flooding the community channels with negative non-constructive posts. I wonder how long they will waste their time. On the other hand; them being busy here will keep other projects save from the vitriol  Roll Eyes

andrewjaxx

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:55:27 PM

There is an organised attack going on with multiple ‘new’ users flooding the community channels with negative non-constructive posts. I wonder how long they will waste their time. On the other hand; them being busy here will keep other projects save from the vitriol  Roll Eyes

It is us the stupid ICO investors who wasted over 12.6 million dollars into this scam shitcoin. We are the ones who attack this shitcoin because we lost all our money while the team is just enjoying a beautiful party with sushi and surf. They didn't work and most of the github repositories are dead just like this shitcoin. The coin is worth shit and my investment is worth almost pennies.  Now the coin price $0.000597. I can do
bet on a thousand dollars that the price will drop to $0.000499 by end of this month https://i.imgur.com/uiGX5Sj.png

The project is DEAD, the community left, Robin was initially "excluded" from the team due to drug abuse and now he is back on the project as the head of the foundation and nobody can exclude him. You don't see the SCAM? Maybe you don't see the scam because you are either paid by them to don't see or you just invested heavily into mining this shitcoin with a botnet and just want the price to don't drop.

The project is dead, move on.
sasha.new

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 07:05:37 PM

yea, the team "hijacked" the project from the founder who was a pothead, they wasted about 6 million so far just by "coding" their software, most of the community left the project, ICO investors (like me) lost -98% of their ICO, community developers left the project already, pools got closed ( philipool, beepool ), sushi pool will close soon, price is going down every day, fake volume trading bot .... worst project ever. The project was turned into a scam... and people lose money
Scamiq

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 07:34:06 PM

This fucking shitcoin... Wekkel my dude you're such a fucking tool. Anyone who still believes in these scammers is a fucking idiot.
sasha.new

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 07:45:40 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2019, 08:06:02 PM by sasha.new

This fucking shitcoin... Wekkel my dude you're such a fucking tool. Anyone who still believes in these scammers is a fucking idiot.

wekkel got a lot of money from them.. Wekkel is a puppet to make their scam going on
F2b

Activity: 2086
Merit: 865

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:17:12 PM

wekkel got a lot of money from them.. Wekkel is a puppet to make their scam going on

Proof ?
nimiqshitcoin

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:44:37 PM

An anonymous user from Discord by name ruslanburg discovered something interesting about the shady operations of nimiq investments which prove that nimiq is a scam. Ruslangburg was eventually banned and all his messages deleted immediately. He asked about the 1.1 million dollar investment in Costa Rica by nimiq. Then he uncovered three unknown facts to most of us and asked questions.

0. SkyLoft Resort owns the Villa we saw and see in the most of the nimiq vlogs.

http://www.skyloftcostarica.com/#content

1. Nimiq "headquarter" is at the moment hosted technically according to "Team Nimiq" shitty transparency reports hosted by paying rent to SkyLoft Costa Rica (according to AMA). They only mentioned that they spent over 1.1 million dollar into buying new land for building a Nimiq campus which is composed of "tents and toilets".
2. According to SkyLoft website http://www.skyloftcostarica.com/  

Quote from: SkyLoft
SkyLoft is currently closed as a startup "NIMIQ" is exclusively occupying the space until further notice.

according to the website https://i.imgur.com/mydIjhn.png

3. So, it means Nimiq is a tenant at SkyLoft Resort occupying the entire space
4. They justified that they invested 1.1 million from the ICO into buying land in Costa Rica from somebody that is not a team member.
5. According to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VetRzl_qtaQ Robin is on-site on the land explaining the Nerd Campus to be built with tents and toilets and a supervision container. It is obvious that the tents and the land is annexed to the SkyLoft villa owned by Elion Chin.

Minute 1:12
https://i.imgur.com/O8wHToc.jpg
It is clearly in the video that Robin is presenting the new NIMIQ CAMPUS inside the SkyLoft campus annexed to SKYLOFT Mansion. It is also obvious that they were planning to do a construction undergoing namely to build a new mansion because a building foundation is not necessary for tents + toilets + supervision container.

Moreover at 1:30 we can see the entire surface of the Costa Rican new land investment worth 1.1 million dollars to be less than 250 square meters which are usually probably 1 thousand dollars

https://i.imgur.com/w6ddIWP.jpg

Where is the 1.1 million dollar LAND they claimed they bought in  Costa Rica to extend the Campus?

6. Moreover, a team member posted on Reddit using the nickname "bombardi" a photo with one of the tents they built https://i.ibb.co/yXdcJMc/baller-mansion.jpg and claimed that there are 3 of these tents built for the Nimiq Campus.

So it means the 250 square meters and 3 of these tents cost them 1.1 million dollars. According to the criminal law, this is called Money laundering through Elion Chin Real Estate company and SkyLoft resort
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: