Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread  (Read 180237 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dkmc1972

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:53:24 AM

My wallet is syncing now, but I get the feeling my coins are going to be unconfirmed. The million dollar question is have I lost them or not? Huh

The safest answer I can give you is to backup the addresses you received coins to, perhaps a paper wallet or of the wallet.dat file and come back to it in the future after everyone is on the same chain.

I am on the longest chain, connected to the oldest node but things are not certain even for that.

It sucks, but thus isn't the first time anyone has lost due to split chains.

I myself have been a victim of pools going rouge in the past (anyone remember diggers pool?)

until there is more infrastructure surrounding bitbar all we can do is try to help eachother out by spreading information.

Speaking of, I am excited to share some information concerning possible future developments....

more to come

Should I take the wallet offline the one with the unconfirmed coins? Just keep it as back up?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:42:25 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 04:23:14 AM by Spidersbox

My wallet is syncing now, but I get the feeling my coins are going to be unconfirmed. The million dollar question is have I lost them or not? Huh

The safest answer I can give you is to backup the addresses you received coins to, perhaps a paper wallet or of the wallet.dat file and come back to it in the future after everyone is on the same chain.

I am on the longest chain, connected to the oldest node but things are not certain even for that.

I myself have been a victim of pools going rouge in the past (anyone remember diggers pool?)

until there is more infrastructure surrounding bitbar all we can do is try to help eachother out by spreading information.

Speaking of, I am excited to share some information concerning possible future developments....

more to come

Should I take the wallet offline the one with the unconfirmed coins? Just keep it as back up?

When I messing with my wallets, I close the wallet if it is running, I copy and paste the Bitbar directory - that way everything is backed up - including the chain you were on.
Once that is done, you can mess with whatever you want, because if you screw it up, you can just delete the Bitbar directory, rename 'copy of Bitbar' back to bitbar, and you are back to where you started.

If you want to start fresh (once you have a backup copy) you can delete everything in the Bitbar folder except the wallet.dat, and bitbar.conf files, start up the bitbar-qt.exe and it will start syncing the chain.

To start out, you can do as Luke suggested and put:
connect=68.191.93.33
in your bitbar.conf file.

After you are caught  up, change the 'connect=' to 'addnode=' and add some of the nodes listed at http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/peerinfo

also remember to add:
irc=0
listen=1
lukemarshall

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:54:38 PM

Spiderboxes advise is a good way to go. I would say keep your wallet up, when you sync if your bars are still unconfirmed copy the received address and go to the console, dumpprivkey and save it. Back up the wallet and save it to some sort of digital medium (the private key can be saved on paper)

Depending on what chain the exchanges sync to, the bars may confirm or turn to orphan blocks.

I would then make a fresh wallet knowing that I have those potential bars backed up, for the fact that I would not want that constant reminder when I look at the qt client.

Ultimately the decision is yours, but having a wallet online and synced is a big help to everyone in terms of connectivity.

Its all about what the people want...
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 03:40:24 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 04:02:54 PM by dreamwatcher

I want to reassure people about their wallets during this chain fork.

The wallet.dat files' primary purpose is to store the private keys to the addresses you own.

It does contain a mini ledger of sorts so that the client/daemon does not have to re-scan the entire blockchain every time you start it.

The transaction/balance information in the wallet.dat file is not "canon" so to speak. It is really just there for display purposes.

The true balance/transaction information is in the block chain itself. When the Client/daemon detects that the blockchain might not match the ledger in the wallet file, it will re-scan the blockchain and correct the balance/transaction information in the wallet.dat. This normally happens when a chain reorganization takes place, or a new/different wallet.dat file is presented.

When the resolution of a fork occurs, all transactions on the rejected fork no longer exist. If person A sent 10 coins to person B and they were on the rejected fork, person A would have the 10 coins back in his wallet and person B would have never received those coins because the transaction no longer exists.

The people that have the potential to lose coins are those who mined POW blocks on the rejected chain. Those will be lost.
Although the coins gained on the rejected chain through POS would disappear, the coins that were used to stake a block would still have the same maturity as if the fork did not happen and will stake new blocks on the correct chain.

Take all the precautions you wish, whatever makes you comfortable. When the correct chain is decided, your client/daemon will automatically adjust your wallets ledger.

ETA: This only applies to transactions after the fork. Any transactions before the fork are unaffected.
lukemarshall

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:41:24 PM

To let the community know.

I have sponsored the node and block explorer @ Cryptocoinexplorer for the next year in hope that it can be continued to be used as a tool for the bitbar community. The Explorer is run by Dreamwatcher, a respected member of the crypto community whos dedication and experience speak for itself.

Through my correspondences with Dreamwatcher, I shared updates on the status of Bitbar...

The Bitbardev going offline (leaving the project?)

Mullicks involvement I'm early 2015,

The lack of any dedicated Developer/coder on the project at this time.

I reached out to Dreamwatcher about potentially working on Bitbar after hearing the outcry for development from the community. I figured he would be a logical choice in heading up the project after his original coding of CCE,  his work on multiple types of crypto-currencies of the star trek theme, and the online exchange of said cryptos.

I feel like we are at a stage where with the proper Coding Developer, and the dedication of community involvement, we can turn the tide on Bitbar, and be proud of having taken part in doing so.

With the renewal of CCE for 2016, Dreamwatcher has expressed interest in further development of bitbar, as a Dev . We need a proper developer.

I'm sure he will weigh in here, as he has in the past. But the prospect of this becoming a reality drove me to inform the community now.

I welcome any opinions and support for this move forward.

lukemarshall

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:53:50 PM

Hello Dreamwatcher,

Didnt see you there when I started my post  Cheesy

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 05:31:03 PM

I haven't been in touch with 5mil for a few days, my last communication with him was last Thursday:
so the natives are getting restless on bitcointalk, and was wondering if you could pop on and announce and plans you might have, thoughts on what to do about the forks...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196125.580
but haven't heard back - maybe he is having second thoughts ??

If Dreamwatcher is willing to develop Bitbar than WOO-HOO!  I'm all in.

It was beginning to look like I was going to have to learn how to do it.

Perhaps we can get an updated wallet - nothing major:
change the dnsseed from bitbar.biz to btb.altcointech.net
add a few current checkpoints

Once there is a wallet with a newer version, we can tell everybody to update. Hopefully, with the new checkpoints, we can finally get every one (including the exchanges!) on the same chain.

(then onto the wish list - like coin control  Smiley )

userpike

Activity: 247

Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 03:05:54 PM

I'm glad to see Bitbar moving forward again. It sucks people are going to lose bars.
I'd still like to see some inventive way to zip all the chains together like a zipper, if that makes any sense (not a .zip) and then build a new chain out of them somehow. Then everyone would sync to the new chain and every transaction is there and normal wallet behavior resumes. Maybe some crazy algorithm could compute a new chain out of the old ones somehow? Or recode the wallet so it syncs with all the chains(whut?). Once everyone updates, where there would be clashes in transactions make it so there are "bloated" blocks so block 12345-a is in with 12345-b and 12345-c.
Please pardon my ignorance if you are laughing at me right now. lol I am serious though.

Dkmc1972

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:32:37 PM

I'm glad to see Bitbar moving forward again. It sucks people are going to lose bars.
I'd still like to see some inventive way to zip all the chains together like a zipper, if that makes any sense (not a .zip) and then build a new chain out of them somehow. Then everyone would sync to the new chain and every transaction is there and normal wallet behavior resumes. Maybe some crazy algorithm could compute a new chain out of the old ones somehow? Or recode the wallet so it syncs with all the chains(whut?). Once everyone updates, where there would be clashes in transactions make it so there are "bloated" blocks so block 12345-a is in with 12345-b and 12345-c.
Please pardon my ignorance if you are laughing at me right now. lol I am serious though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Am with you and am serious I could and probably will lose 72 bars
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:43:55 PM

I have 125 BTB floating in one chain, and 107 BTB floating in another. Either way I'm out 100+
I would be out a lot more if Bitbar dies.
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:35:49 PM

If you could mine your own chain, all by yourself (which would make for a very low difficulty), then hack it into a real chain so you could sell your coins - who else would be doing it ??

The chain forked somewhere between Sept. 18, 2015 and Sept. 30, 2015
I had a successful withdrawal from Cryptsy 09/18/2015 - block 132679
my withdrawal failed 09/30/2015 somewhere around block 134000
we are at block 142954 at the time of this writing.

So roughly 10,000 blocks (so far) won't match each other from the different chains.
I would guess that 80% of those blocks are stakes for 0.00 btb, leaving about 2,000 blocks of pos/pow/transfers (rough estimates)

I believe Cryptsy will do their best to fix the withdrawals.

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:30:33 PM

Looks like Mastermining is re-syncing his wallet.
Noticed a few minutes ago a block on the chain for about 22 BTB had 127 transactions - maybe another pool payout??

I received a message from Mastermining that he would be syncing his pool to the explorer at Cryptocoinexplorer.

It looks like he failed to sync, as I saw a message on the site about it. I have isolated my node and will transmit it to him again to hopefully get things straight over there.

Another thing is when syncing, one can use the command

connect=68.191.93.33 in the bitbar conf file to lock onto my node and sync.

He is still off the chain, and mining.

their 'current' block is  142,248
our  current  block  is  142,946
ispace current block is 142,570
bosnia

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:46:26 AM

Crypsy not supportet BTB... i can not deposit, crypsy always say about error Embarrassed
Who know exchange links BTB to BTC?
bosnia

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 02:08:35 PM

coin dead...
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:15:36 PM

coin dead...
read the thread and answer your own question.
Nick010885

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:24:20 PM

more to come

When I messing with my wallets, I close the wallet if it is running, I copy and paste the Bitbar directory - that way everything is backed up - including the chain you were on.
Once that is done, you can mess with whatever you want, because if you screw it up, you can just delete the Bitbar directory, rename 'copy of Bitbar' back to bitbar, and you are back to where you started.

If you want to start fresh (once you have a backup copy) you can delete everything in the Bitbar folder except the wallet.dat, and bitbar.conf files, start up the bitbar-qt.exe and it will start syncing the chain.

To start out, you can do as Luke suggested and put:
connect=68.191.93.33
in your bitbar.conf file.

After you are caught  up, change the 'connect=' to 'addnode=' and add some of the nodes listed at http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/peerinfo

also remember to add:
irc=0
listen=1

Having a few problems setting up the Mullick wallet in linux, every time i sync to the block chain using the afore mentioned process, i then want to initatie my own NOMP but when the application starts i get this error:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error> >'
  what():  read_some: End of file

followed by:

Check finished - daemon rpc error with batch gettransactions {"type":"request error","message":"read ECONNRESET"}

I have nailed this down to the wallet, when i run the command "gettranactions" against bitbard the wallet produces the same errors which terminates the daemon. Could anyone advise maybe Spidersbox on how they configure their daemon please?

i issue certain commands to the daemon i receive a termination error.
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:35:42 PM

I have a better idea - -

WE HAVE AN UPDATED WALLET !!

OK, so it's just the linux wallet. The windows wallet should be compiled and ready in about six hours - I'm still at work.

Wallet:
"version" : "v0.4.3.004-1-ge4d156c-beta"

link:
git clone https://github.com/Bitbarcoin/bitbar.git

updates:
default irc set to 0
dnsseed changed from bitbar.biz to btb.altcointech.net
removed the irritating "wallet is too old" message  -  we don't have a checkpoint server at this time.
Added new checkpoints  -  will help with staying on the correct chain when starting over

all you need in your bitbar.conf file is:
rpcuser
prcpassword

if you want to add more nodes, please get them from:
http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/peerinfo

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:50:42 PM

Having a few problems setting up the Mullick wallet in linux, every time i sync to the block chain using the afore mentioned process, i then want to initatie my own NOMP but when the application starts i get this error:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error> >'
  what():  read_some: End of file

followed by:

Check finished - daemon rpc error with batch gettransactions {"type":"request error","message":"read ECONNRESET"}

I have nailed this down to the wallet, when i run the command "gettranactions" against bitbard the wallet produces the same errors which terminates the daemon. Could anyone advise maybe Spidersbox on how they configure their daemon please?

i issue certain commands to the daemon i receive a termination error.

this is an old coin and it uses boost 1.47 (I think - might be 1.37)
this is what I used for boost:
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev

It's the DB that caused me the problems. this coin uses Berkeley DB   4.8.30.NC:
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8++-dev

but the newer Ubuntu (desktop and server) can't find the files.
I had to do a web search to find a way to do it.   not that hard.

I'm running NOMP with this wallet, and haven't had any problems.

Let me know how it goes -
There are several people looking for pools they can use!
Nick010885

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 12:57:55 AM

same error even with your git update! Must be me? The NOMP application issues a gettransactions call at start up which my bitbar daemon terminates afterwards :-(
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 02:31:05 AM

same error even with your git update! Must be me? The NOMP application issues a gettransactions call at start up which my bitbar daemon terminates afterwards :-(
Does the rpcuser and rpcpassword in the pools_config/bitbar.json match your bitbar.conf settings ??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: