Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread  (Read 180237 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:13:22 AM

I know that there Bitbar pool wallet is down, last I checked the exchange wallet was ok.
I'll look into it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:17:28 AM

I've withdrawn about 40 BTB from Cryptopia in the last few weeks that is showing not delivered and dead transaction etc. Whats the story on this?
Well Cryptopia's Bitbar exchange wallet is about 900 blocks behind what it should be.
I'll submit a ticket to let them know - you should submit one also with the tx and amount, just to be safe.
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:56:21 PM

Here is the new windows-qt wallet bitbar-qt_v04_4_005.zip

This is a mandatory update:
Why ?
The checkpoint functions have been enabled, and we will have a checkpoint server up and running in a few days.
I've sent the private key to CCE so that our official node can also be the master node/checkpoint server.
Because lukemarshall paid for the CCE sponsorship - he has to give CCE permission for the changes, and it might take a few days for luke to get in touch.

Some of the other updates are:
Coin control - so you can join smaller blocks of bitbar's into larger blocks - like 20 BTB blocks for staking.
Staking icon - let's you know if your are staking, and gives a (very) rough guess as to how long your wait is before you stake - not when you get rewards, but when you can actually stake.
Zap wallet  -  This will remove all of the transactions out of your wallet, then re-scan through the entire chain for confirmed transactions. It WILL take a while, and your wallet will need to be restarted.

I added color to the wallet and added a link to the Bitbar logo so when you click on it, your web browser will open up to our Bitbar.co website.

I think that should do for a while, although I've been thinking about making the wallets skin-able, so you can choose different designs or colors..
Maybe adding a small chat window - opposite side from the logo ??

Thoughts?
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 02:00:59 PM

Cryptopia says fixed but 40 BTB still missing. Now what?

missing? how it could be?
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:27:33 PM

missing? how it could be?
I got the same message about being fixed - but it's not. They are about 1100 blocks behind - must be on a fork.

I made a new ticket and asked them to remove everything but their wallet.dat and bitbar.conf files and re-sync.
userpike

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 04:07:32 AM

Here is the new windows-qt wallet bitbar-qt_v04_4_005.zip

This is a mandatory update:
Why ?
The checkpoint functions have been enabled, and we will have a checkpoint server up and running in a few days.
I've sent the private key to CCE so that our official node can also be the master node/checkpoint server.
Because lukemarshall paid for the CCE sponsorship - he has to give CCE permission for the changes, and it might take a few days for luke to get in touch.

Some of the other updates are:
Coin control - so you can join smaller blocks of bitbar's into larger blocks - like 20 BTB blocks for staking.
Staking icon - let's you know if your are staking, and gives a (very) rough guess as to how long your wait is before you stake - not when you get rewards, but when you can actually stake.
Zap wallet  -  This will remove all of the transactions out of your wallet, then re-scan through the entire chain for confirmed transactions. It WILL take a while, and your wallet will need to be restarted.

I added color to the wallet and added a link to the Bitbar logo so when you click on it, your web browser will open up to our Bitbar.co website.

I think that should do for a while, although I've been thinking about making the wallets skin-able, so you can choose different designs or colors..
Maybe adding a small chat window - opposite side from the logo ??

Thoughts?

A chat would be cool I think.

I'm liking the skins idea also.

I know its kinda nerdy but it would be cool to have a stats list like how many people are solo mining with their wallets and other useless knowledge like how many pools are connected if either of that's even possible. Not identify them, just how many and maybe their hashrate.

userpike

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 04:09:10 AM

If they are on the correct chain now and missing 40 BTB, weren't those mined on the wrong chain then?

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:35:25 AM

If they are on the correct chain now and missing 40 BTB, weren't those mined on the wrong chain then?
They are not on the correct chain. they are 1206 blocks behind our block explorer.
So it depends on how many of the Bitbars were mined before Cryptopia's wallet went wonky.
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:47:13 AM

I know its kinda nerdy but it would be cool to have a stats list like how many people are solo mining with their wallets and other useless knowledge like how many pools are connected if either of that's even possible. Not identify them, just how many and maybe their hashrate.
I kinda like the idea of a chat window. It would be a real basic one. no login or 'memory' of messages before you start your wallet, or turn it on.
Maybe a bot to post random jokes every couple of hours  Smiley

I'd like to do skins too, but it might be a bit much for the way QT works.

I though about stats on the wallet like current price.
To track solo mining -vs- pool mining I'd probably need to know people's addresses, and a lot of people not want to share info, kinda goes against the anonativity (I think I just made up a word) of the whole crypto scene.
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:00:19 PM

I just cleared the alert messages from the new wallets -
so you should be getting the old "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers."

This is a good thing.
Just setting things up for our Master node/checkpoint server at CCE to come online.
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 01:04:59 AM

I kinda like the idea of a chat window. It would be a real basic one. no login or 'memory' of messages before you start your wallet, or turn it on.

To track solo mining -vs- pool mining I'd probably need to know people's addresses, and a lot of people not want to share info, kinda goes against the anonativity (I think I just made up a word) of the whole crypto scene.

There's a qt wallet out there that already has the skins deal I just can't remember what it is right now. Once I figure it out I'll let you know and maybe it could be as easy as copy and pasting the needed code from its source.

I wasn't thinking by BTB address I was thinking by peers. Somehow monitor them for hashrate. We already know every peer's IP along with all the other info given when you use getpeerinfo in the console.

Will you make the BOT female and talk dirt to me? Like about different types of shovels, backhoes, front-end loaders and other related dirt moving/excavating/compacting equipment?  Cheesy

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:16:56 AM

Just got a message from Cryptopia - Their Bitbar wallet is back in sync, they said it will be a while until the pool is back up, something about a heavy audit.

But transfers should be safe now.
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:45:43 AM

There's a qt wallet out there that already has the skins deal I just can't remember what it is right now. Once I figure it out I'll let you know and maybe it could be as easy as copy and pasting the needed code from its source.

I wasn't thinking by BTB address I was thinking by peers. Somehow monitor them for hashrate. We already know every peer's IP along with all the other info given when you use getpeerinfo in the console.

Will you make the BOT female and talk dirt to me? Like about different types of shovels, backhoes, front-end loaders and other related dirt moving/excavating/compacting equipment?  Cheesy
The wallet doesn't keep track of hash rate.
To figure total network hash rate, you have to measure the time between blocks, and figure out how much hash would be needed, with the current difficulty. It's mostly an educated guess. Hit a lucky block 2 seconds after your last block, and that throws the hash figures off. You have to average larger amounts of blocks to get a stable number, but then you can't 'current' hashrate.

Now most pools have API's configured, so you could pull from that, but not so with the solo miners.

humm, just thinking out loud here,,, you could build a database like you would use for a block explorer, keep track of the 'busy' wallet addresses. figure out the time between their blocks, and come up with a 'personal' hash rate.  too much work for a wallet I think.
Could add that function to a block explorer, and pull the info in that way  [note to self]

Female bot huh, well - If you have an android phone (or tablet) look for cerevoice Heather (by CereProc Text-to-Speech) in the play store. It's only $1.56 USD
She has a wonderful Scottish accent.
Have her say "the we bonnie pig slipped in the mud"
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:40:33 PM

I still think there is a wallet out there that has actual skins. Maybe I am mistaken and confused, Netcoin has "themes" which is pretty much a skin. I'll keep looking though but it might be the wallet I was talking about.

lukemarshall

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:04:33 PM

I've tested the new wallet spiderbox, nice work!

Its all about what the people want...
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:03:17 PM

I'm glad you like it. Hopefully dreamwatcher will get the checkpoint server going soon.
The alert system is cool. I have to try really hard not to start sending out random messages   Grin
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:10:38 PM

I still think there is a wallet out there that has actual skins. Maybe I am mistaken and confused, Netcoin has "themes" which is pretty much a skin. I'll keep looking though but it might be the wallet I was talking about.
So far so good with my skins experiment. It's not as bad as I thought it would be.
QT uses CSS - kind of like web pages.
The problem is some of the styles is in each individual page, like address book has it's own, transaction view has it's own, overview page ....  it's in the forms, then there are styles in the code (.cpp files)
I just have to combine what I can.
- It's do-able.
userpike

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 10:22:57 PM

I'm glad you like it. Hopefully dreamwatcher will get the checkpoint server going soon.
The alert system is cool. I have to try really hard not to start sending out random messages   Grin

oh come on, stop resisting temptation..  Tongue

lukemarshall

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:17:11 PM

So far so good with my skins experiment. It's not as bad as I thought it would be.
QT uses CSS - kind of like web pages.
The problem is some of the styles is in each individual page, like address book has it's own, transaction view has it's own, overview page ....  it's in the forms, then there are styles in the code (.cpp files)
I just have to combine what I can.
- It's do-able.

Excellent.

I would really love a black wallet, with gold highlights. Something sharp and classy Wink

Thanks for the hard work... we know you love it Smiley

Its all about what the people want...
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:30:22 AM

I would really love a black wallet, with gold highlights. Something sharp and classy Wink

One Midnight Special coming up.

(I don't do classy very well - you may need to advise changes)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: