Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:37:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274743 times)
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:40:09 AM

Ok fellas, so I got the bot installed into Chrome ok and it looks like it has accepted my BitStamp API key(s), I've back-tested a strategy. I log into Bitstamp, discover I only have ~0.07btc in my account, then discover when I try to add BTC that you have to be a verified user now :/

This sucks, well, hopefully I'll get some idea as to how the bot performs with that small amount of BTC until they can verify my creds.

*BTW, Pablo, is there anyway that you could give Grinny that month of credit since I wasn't able to use his link and I did end up taking the plunge? (believe in credit where credit due and he was the first to offer up his referral link)

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wantaduff

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:33:52 AM

Hi Guys,

my bots last trade is 5 day ago, does anyone have the same problems?
I get mails everyday  that orders are imminent but the bot won´t trigger...?

WantaDuff
KamiN

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:35:54 AM

Grinny - I used your referral and code. You should probably update the link though, since it didn't work (https://www.btcbots.com/?r=d40b15a3). This is because btcbots.com doesn't have https. I changed it to https://butter-bot.com/?r=d40b15a3 and that seemed to work Smiley

Anyways, I got the bot running. Now let's see how it goes Smiley
ghostshirt

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:20:47 AM

Hi Guys,

WantaDuff

All the same happened here. Bitcoin price is rising for now, so it is better not to sell and wait at the moment Smiley

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:43:45 PM

Hi Guys,

WantaDuff

Like the other fellow said, we're on a rise right now and it likely won't sell, though it is getting close a few times. It depends on your settings. Your First Threshold is the 'imminent' email notice threshold, the Second Threshold is where it will actually sell.

There was a peculiar jump in price yesterday, I wonder what caused it?

I'm going to be sitting on a nice little profit when it sells!

BigLad

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:19:50 PM

Hi Guys,

WantaDuff

Like the other fellow said, we're on a rise right now and it likely won't sell, though it is getting close a few times. It depends on your settings. Your First Threshold is the 'imminent' email notice threshold, the Second Threshold is where it will actually sell.

Possibly the fact that Paypal said they may accept bitcoin in future? - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f374ed54-4328-11e3-8350-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2jgIHkk1z
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:57:02 PM

https://butter-bot.com/?r=f5a17f5b

Use my referal code cause' im sooo cute!  Grin Cheesy

You'll get an extra month free, it's all on me!
wantaduff

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:37:38 PM

Hi Guys,

WantaDuff

Possibly the fact that Paypal said they may accept bitcoin in future? - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f374ed54-4328-11e3-8350-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2jgIHkk1z

ok thanks for the explanation  Smiley i´m also very new to this and don´t understand every setting in the bot. I also played with the Settings like different treshholds and ema like other People, but well i have the bot since 1 month and didn´t recognized much or any Profit.. Either i´m doing something wrong or i don´t know. I have just around 25-30$ to trade with. The bot trades but everytime i got the 30$ in BTC when he buy´s, and got like 30$ when he sells.  Huh
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 02:58:22 PM

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Well I'm trading Bitcoin/EUR anyway, so there's no reason for me to switch back to USD.
As long as everything stays stable on these settings, I'm more than happy! Smiley

I'm very curious about the hosting you're going to offer in the future too.
Do you already have an estimated release date on that feature? Or an estimated cost? Will it be extra on top of the monthly fee?

Hi MicroFi Smiley,
  Yes, it will be a separate service, but we do not have an estimated release date or an estimated cost yet; we are working very hard on getting it out the door ASAP. We will make it as cheap as possible though Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 03:00:28 PM

Ok fellas, so I got the bot installed into Chrome ok and it looks like it has accepted my BitStamp API key(s), I've back-tested a strategy. I log into Bitstamp, discover I only have ~0.07btc in my account, then discover when I try to add BTC that you have to be a verified user now :/

This sucks, well, hopefully I'll get some idea as to how the bot performs with that small amount of BTC until they can verify my creds.

*BTW, Pablo, is there anyway that you could give Grinny that month of credit since I wasn't able to use his link and I did end up taking the plunge? (believe in credit where credit due and he was the first to offer up his referral link)

Hi Nwfella Smiley,
   If you look a couple of posts back I said I would make sure both you guys got your free month. Please PM me the email you used to purchase from and I will take care of it. I already PM'd Grinny, I'm waiting for his response Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 03:05:16 PM

Hi Guys,

WantaDuff

ok thanks for the explanation  Smiley i´m also very new to this and don´t understand every setting in the bot. I also played with the Settings like different treshholds and ema like other People, but well i have the bot since 1 month and didn´t recognized much or any Profit.. Either i´m doing something wrong or i don´t know. I have just around 25-30$ to trade with. The bot trades but everytime i got the 30$ in BTC when he buy´s, and got like 30$ when he sells.  Huh

Hey WantaDuff Smiley,
   It looks to me like you're on the right track there. The issue is that with so few funds your profit will fly under the radar as it will be in cents. For example, if you made 5% in a month that would be only 1.50 USD which you could think was part of the normal trading range.

Once you are more comfortable with the bot, I would suggest adding some trading funds, 150-250 USD is the recommended starting base.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
vesperwillow

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:42:02 PM

You'll see more profits with more money--but better yet, when there is a significant difference between the selling and buying price.

If your bot bought .20btc at $120 ($24 usd) and sold .20btc at $130, you will only see $26usd, and that's not counting any fees.

If you had .20btc @ $120usd but sold it at $180, then you would have $36usd, which is more noticeable.

wantaduff

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:55:33 PM

Hi Guys,

WantaDuff

Hey WantaDuff Smiley,
   It looks to me like you're on the right track there. The issue is that with so few funds your profit will fly under the radar as it will be in cents. For example, if you made 5% in a month that would be only 1.50 USD which you could think was part of the normal trading range.

Once you are more comfortable with the bot, I would suggest adding some trading funds, 150-250 USD is the recommended starting base.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Hey Pablo,

yes that makes sense..I wonder why i didn´t think about that   Embarrassed
I already startet to get funds to btce over OKpay, i took me 1 month to get verified there...fuckin sucks when you want to do profit  Angry 

Thanks alot!
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 04:58:18 PM

I have the same issue too... I setup everything and started it up... and waiting for some "ACTION"... but nothing happens... Sad

I was hoping the bot to trade 10+ times daily.... to see some action... I currently have the DEMO...

and it is not a demo if it is not TRADING right? Tongue

anyway... it seems like the default/given setup for EMA/threshold is for the SAFEST way possible...

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
vesperwillow

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:07:49 PM

Hey Pablo,

I already startet to get funds to btce over OKpay, i took me 1 month to get verified there...fuckin sucks when you want to do profit  Angry 

Thanks alot!

Have you tried Coinbase? It's an online wallet, but will allow you to integrate credit cards/banks/etc. You can buy/sell BTC fairly quickly, and verification is super quick also. You can also use it as an online wallet just like blockchain. I use it to cash out cheaply/safely/quickly. You can sell your BTC today and it wires to your bank within 3 business days, and the fees are really cheap!

Check it out, and if you want to use it, use my referral link in my sig below. It'll give you $5USD in BTC.

I have the same issue too... I setup everything and started it up... and waiting for some "ACTION"... but nothing happens... Sad

I was hoping the bot to trade 10+ times daily.... to see some action... I currently have the DEMO...

anyway... it seems like the default/given setup for EMA/threshold is for the SAFEST way possible...

The default settings will work, and are safe. Right now you won't see much trading, but you might see some buying if you fund your account with USD. This is because the past few days it's been going up slowly. Once it drops beyond your sell threshold, you will see a sale.

Use the backtesting feature to test your settings. I don't want to suggest particular settings to make trading happen quicker/more often, but you can try it out yourself in backtesting. We can all provide setting suggestions if you ask, but everyone has their own preferences.

I've made money with it, but it took a few weeks and it's best with more than just a few $ worth of btc. Use my referral link if you want to buy Wink

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 05:09:45 PM

Hey PapaMiner Smiley,
  Yep, because EMA is a trend algorithm, the bot will only trade when the market reverses itself. Right now it is holding BTC and BTC is going up, so we are on the right track Smiley.

If you feel you need more time to evaluate the bot and see more trades, feel free to download another demos at the end of your week, you are no limited to one Smiley.

We have thought about putting a High Frequency Trading (HFT) bot out there, it's a lot more "showy" and customers tend to like it, but they don't back test very well. We will keep looking into it if we find a profitable algorithm however.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
wantaduff

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:27:57 PM

Hey Pablo,

Thanks alot!

Have you tried Coinbase? It's an online wallet, but will allow you to integrate credit cards/banks/etc. You can buy/sell BTC fairly quickly, and verification is super quick also. You can also use it as an online wallet just like blockchain. I use it to cash out cheaply/safely/quickly. You can sell your BTC today and it wires to your bank within 3 business days, and the fees are really cheap!

Check it out, and if you want to use it, use my referral link in my sig below. It'll give you $5USD in BTC.

The default settings will work, and are safe. Right now you won't see much trading, but you might see some buying if you fund your account with USD. This is because the past few days it's been going up slowly. Once it drops beyond your sell threshold, you will see a sale.

Use the backtesting feature to test your settings. I don't want to suggest particular settings to make trading happen quicker/more often, but you can try it out yourself in backtesting. We can all provide setting suggestions if you ask, but everyone has their own preferences.

I've made money with it, but it took a few weeks and it's best with more than just a few $ worth of btc. Use my referral link if you want to buy Wink

Sounds good! I´m gonna think about it  Smiley

Thanks!
Grinny

Activity: 390

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:19:53 PM

Ah.. i still had the old btcbots ref-url in my signature - thanks for the hint!
Now, it should work again.
And thanks for using my link kamiN Smiley))

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 08:03:22 PM

When the client is running locally you seem to be contacting your own server a lot (over SSL).
I think people have a right to know what exactly you are sending back to your own server.

Care to explain? Even when saving API keys, butter-bot.com is contacted...

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 08:32:06 PM

I began trading crypto earlier this year and found it difficult to track the movements and trends (especially overnight), so I've downloaded the Butter Bot demo and am intrigued by the moving averages, tweaking settings, etc.

I'm currently running the 30 minute trade frequency setting, but I'm wondering what would happen if there is to be another crash in the BTC market similar to April (which I suspect is coming soon). I was sitting in front of my computer when it happened in April, and as I recall, the market went from 260 USD down to 50 USD or so in the matter of 15-30 minutes. If my trade frequency is set to 30 minutes, isn't it possible that the bot could entirely miss the start and finish of the crash and I'd end up selling at 50, if this were to happen again?

An ideal quality of a bot certainly is to remove the element of human emotions, as a poker might put it, "going on tilt" and making bad calls, but in the event of a crash such as the one described above, would it be best to take manual control, or should Butter Bot on a 30 minute trade setting be able to cover something like this? I'm not afraid to take control if I have to (and have the opportunity), but I'm just wondering if one could depend on a bot to ride through something like that?

Thanks in advance for any feedback, and I have been enjoying the trial so far  Smiley

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: