Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274742 times)
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:58:47 PM

Thank you Butter Bot, you've really saved my ass from stupid decisions over the past couple days.  Grin

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sioux

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:11:38 PM

to all the butter bot users does this bot actually work?

does it make more profit than simple buy and hold?

does the butterbot run when not being online?
joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 10:24:13 PM

Yes.

Does it make more profit than simple buy and hold?

If "profit" means USD to you, then yes; it's designed to earn US Dollars.  If your preference is to increase your BTC holdings, instead, this bot doesn't do what you want.

In the long term, though, yes it's profitable.  My original investment has increased 200% after three months (three months is NOT long-term, by the way.  It's just as long as I've been working with it), and that includes the big crash down from $1200.  "Buy and hold" during the same period would have given me a 40% increase.

In the short term: if market is trending up, or is trending sideways, "buy and hold" always looks better than this bot.  But look at the BTC price history.  It also trends DOWN.  That's when the bot makes big wins over buy-and-hold.

Does the butterbot run when not being online?

It doesn't.  It runs as a Chrome extension, so you need to be running CHrome 24/7.  I let it run on a spare machine at home.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
NginUS

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:36:07 PM

does it make more profit than simple buy and hold?

does the butterbot run when not being online?

If you read several pages back on this thread, you'll see posts by a member who is a bot enthusiast, and runs all kinds of trading bots all side by side. I forget his name. He's critiqued this bot compared to all the other bots he's tried, here on the forum- if you read back you'll find his reviews. And what he says over & over is that this bot always is the clear front-runner, the clear winner, outdoing all the other bots he tries. That there says something about this bot.
kireinaha

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:52:03 PM

If "profit" means USD to you, then yes; it's designed to earn US Dollars.  If your preference is to increase your BTC holdings, instead, this bot doesn't do what you want.

Why do people keep saying this? It's not true. This bot is designed for long term trading, and as such will buy into rallies and sell into crashes, if it's configured properly. This means you will earn USD on rallies and increase BTC on crashes. It's not designed to increase one over the other, that's not how markets work.

Sioux

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:01:44 PM

Why do people keep saying this? It's not true. This bot is designed for long term trading, and as such will buy into rallies and sell into crashes, if it's configured properly. This means you will earn USD on rallies and increase BTC on crashes. It's not designed to increase one over the other, that's not how markets work.

thx for all the replies

your quote  "if it's configured properly"

Is the suggested btc-e default settings by the ceo of butter bot at page 1 the best settings
for it?

Or have any users here figured out a better configuration?

Is there any chance getting this butter bot running 24/7 without having to run your computer
24/7 too?

Maybe in future something ,CEO ?
WhiteyAGM
Trading King
Donator

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:05:25 PM

For 24/7 running you can always purchase a remote desktop hosting and put the bot on there and through BitStamp for example limit the API access so it can only cash out to a certain bitcoin address (yours)? Just a thought.
NginUS

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:11:32 PM

The developers are working on a system to host a bot for you for an additionaal charge, but its not done yet, that would be the only way to not have to have the bot running on one of your own computers 24/7.

As for the settings, I didn't like the starter settings, and changed to settings I found in this thread soon after the starter settings bit me in the ass one day. Since then I've found my own settings by using the backtesting engine & just playing with random numbers until I got something good. It didn't take long, maybe half an hour.
Sioux

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:40:24 PM

The developers are working on a system to host a bot for you for an additionaal charge, but its not done yet, that would be the only way to not have to have the bot running on one of your own computers 24/7.

As for the settings, I didn't like the starter settings, and changed to settings I found in this thread soon after the starter settings bit me in the ass one day. Since then I've found my own settings by using the backtesting engine & just playing with random numbers until I got something good. It didn't take long, maybe half an hour.

im a  noob just to get this right

you tested out the recommended settings from the CEO at page 1
they bit you in the ass so you tested out other settings at the

"Engine" -->"Test your Settings" gave in your numbers pressed "Run Test"
and configured it until you reached a % way higher than the yearly Profit
of 12750.39% at the recommended settings?

At the last page someone mentioned someone was able to get the "Run Test" settings up to over 50.000% did I understand that right?
NginUS

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:46:32 PM

im a  noob just to get this right

and configured it until you reached a % way higher than the Profit:12750.39% at the recommended settings?

One of the first posts at this page someone mentioned someone was able to get the "Run Test" setting sup to over 50.000% did I understand that right?

I wasn't aware of anything getting 12750.39%, starter settings were around 9000% if I remember correctly.

Some people may have gotten 50,000% but I think that's unrealistic it's so rare. The best I've been able to come up with is just over 22,000%.
Sioux

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:52:56 PM

im a  noob just to get this right

and configured it until you reached a % way higher than the Profit:12750.39% at the recommended settings?

One of the first posts at this page someone mentioned someone was able to get the "Run Test" setting sup to over 50.000% did I understand that right?

I wasn't aware of anything getting 12750.39%, starter settings were around 9000% if I remember correctly.

Some people may have gotten 50,000% but I think that's unrealistic it's so rare. The best I've been able to come up with is just over 22,000%.

When you play around with the test simulator and find the highest % you can get do you actually apply
it and get the calculated results?

Does anyone here get the calculated profits from the butterbot?

The 50.000 is actually true or is it just some trolling?
NginUS

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:03:27 AM

I bet the 50,000 number is true, but you have to factor big peaks into any number the backtesting results give you. They don't yet have the ability to set presice dates in between which to backtest, so you can't filter out big swings in price due to uncommon price fluctuations, which sway the profit value significantly.
Jazkal

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:07:47 AM

The Bot is designed as you say, it increases USD value on the way up, and increases BTC holdings on the way down. However, I'd have to say the Bot was designed to increase one over the other, if by no other reason than you can only run tests in based in USD "Value". I would bet that having the ability to change the "Value" from USD to BTC or have them side by side, would lead to different strategies.
kireinaha

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:07:54 AM

When you play around with the test simulator and find the highest % you can get do you actually apply
it and get the calculated results?

Does anyone here get the calculated profits from the butterbot?

The 50.000 is actually true or is it just some trolling?

I'm sure it's possible, with enough tweaking, to find a return of 50,000% for one year, but keep in mind, it's always looking back one year from TODAY (ie. Jan 7, 2013 to Jan 7, 2014), so these percentages can changes on a daily basis. What someone found with their backtesting pages ago in this thread will be different today. Lots of random variables can effect the returns you get in your results, so you need to do a lot of testing on your own to find what EMA/thresholds seem to work best for you, rather than simply finding one big number and declaring it the best Smiley Good luck.

kireinaha

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:11:40 AM

The Bot is designed as you say, it increases USD value on the way up, and increases BTC holdings on the way down. However, I'd have to say the Bot was designed to increase one over the other, if by no other reason than you can only run tests in based in USD "Value". I would bet that having the ability to change the "Value" from USD to BTC or have them side by side, would lead to different strategies.

I think the "value" field is given in USD simply because most buyers want to get a real world impression of how they're doing. We all know what $100 is worth, but not necessarily what 1 BTC is worth (since it is so volatile). Still, you can easily do a little math with those results to find how much your bitcoin holdings would have increased.

In periods of strong up trends, such as October and November, I can see how people get the impression that the bot is designed to decrease BTC and increase USD, but that's only because the value is skyrocketing so fast! Once we reverse course, much like today, you get to see first hand exactly how EMA trading works and why it's also great at increasing your bitcoins.

joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:29:47 AM

Does anyone else has this message in butter bot since yesterday ?

The MtGox API is currently having issues but we will keep trying. Butter Bot will recover automatically once the API is back up.

Also BTC-E keeps disconnecting, and I noticed if I go to chrome://extensions/  and stop and start again the bot, BTC-E will now show "connected"

I have Butter Bot version 2.5.1

Anyone else has these problems ?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:48:30 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 02:14:55 AM by PuertoLibre

im a  noob just to get this right

and configured it until you reached a % way higher than the yearly Profit
of 12750.39% at the recommended settings?

At the last page someone mentioned someone was able to get the "Run Test" settings up to over 50.000% did I understand that right?
50,000% not 50%. Wink

Edit:

The trick to the 50,000% over a year is taking a large enough sample of the market at 1 minute intervals to map out the "noise". (price wise) I used a 2 day sample, so perhaps not the most efficient of results, but 50,000% is not bad.

The first part is running a bit of excel math you can extrapolate the most efficient settings. Just high enough profit but not low enough to eat too many fees. Frequency rather than quality.
The second part is using the two threshold values provided in ButterBot to mitigate the losses incurred.

There are a commulative number of small "noise" oscillations in the market that aggregates a higher profit than the larger oscillations which happen less frequently and which low frequency trading is usually targeting. (Most peoples settings when using butter bot.)

==========================

"Noise" occurs anywhere from 1500~ times a day to 770 times a day. A portion of that is useful while the rest is not.

Large oscillations occur anywhere from 1 to 20 times a day. (Depends on what you consider "large".)
-----------------------------

If butter bot was reprogrammed in a more sophisticated way to account for more than EMA changes, it would probably do much better than it currently does.

Though using multiple strategies and multiple accounts will probably gain you more profit than even that 50,000%. Maybe not.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:55:34 AM

Does anyone else has this message in butter bot since yesterday ?

The MtGox API is currently having issues but we will keep trying. Butter Bot will recover automatically once the API is back up.

Also BTC-E keeps disconnecting, and I noticed if I go to chrome://extensions/  and stop and start again the bot, BTC-E will now show "connected"

I have Butter Bot version 2.5.1

Anyone else has these problems ?
How did you obtain the newer version?
ndndr

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:36:23 AM

Can some create and youtube video on how to setup butterbot since people are paying money to use it  ?...its so confusing for a newbie like me.

DeepOnion - Tor integrated - 100% anonymous
======> Get Your FREE Coins NOW! <======​  (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=ndndr)
NginUS

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:40:19 AM

Can some create and youtube video on how to setup butterbot since people are paying money to use it  ?...its so confusing for a newbie like me.

I think that's a good idea. Pablo should bring that to the developers. I think they could make a video for each exchange so people learn how to setup their API Key permissions.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: