Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274742 times)
mooncake

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:37:15 AM

When you buy a new car, you get a quick test drive for a couple of hours or sometimes you're able to keep the car overnight. Sure you could do a few errands in the new car while you were test driving it, but that's not the point, it's not intended to be a means of transportation during the test drive, it's meant to be long enough to make up your mind on whether it's going to work for you and your family.

You're spending thousands of dollars on a car and you get a few hours or overnight; you're spending a hundred or so dollars on Butter Bot and you get to trial it for a week - that is more than generous.

So how about you make up your mind by reading the extensive threads on the subject and stop wasting everyone's time by sounding like a poor man begging for a month's free trial?

Angry

+1  Grin
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:03:15 AM

When you buy a new car, you get a quick test drive for a couple of hours or sometimes you're able to keep the car overnight. Sure you could do a few errands in the new car while you were test driving it, but that's not the point, it's not intended to be a means of transportation during the test drive, it's meant to be long enough to make up your mind on whether it's going to work for you and your family.

You're spending thousands of dollars on a car and you get a few hours or overnight; you're spending a hundred or so dollars on Butter Bot and you get to trial it for a week - that is more than generous.

So how about you make up your mind by reading the extensive threads on the subject and stop wasting everyone's time by sounding like a poor man begging for a month's free trial?

Angry

+1  Grin

+2

dspiel

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:41:07 AM

Nice try to bash me in order to prove your point, I was giving my opinion on ways he might turn more trial users into sales.. if you read back you can see he had no problem letting me try it out for a month.

Logic dictates if you have a product that works ideally over long periods of time a 1 week trial may not generate a positive experience to a potential customer, just sayin...

Btw OP, so far I am very happy with the product .
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:07:25 AM

I understand the OP's concern, however, While I was testing out my trial the bot developer was very helpful and I even mentioned that I had taken a second trial to extend to two weeks.  At the end of the two weeks I received a message stating that my trial had ended and if I had any concerns or suggestions I was to reply to the message.  In two weeks you get a fair chance at turning a profit and seeing how the bot works.. One month is just giving the product away.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
Grinny

Activity: 390

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:18:57 AM

hey pablo,

when i click on butter bot's chrome webstore url, i get the following error:

"article not found"
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb

same happens when i search for "butter bot" or "butterbot" at the google chrome webstore.

did you remove the bot from there? if so, what's your recommended way of upgrading atm?

best,
grinny

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
Hanslo

Activity: 263

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 01:28:11 PM

hey pablo,

"article not found"

same happens when i search for "butter bot" or "butterbot" at the google chrome webstore.

did you remove the bot from there? if so, what's your recommended way of upgrading atm?

best,
grinny

https://butter-bot.com/
tralala33

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:35:44 PM

hey pablo,

"article not found"

best,
grinny

http://butter-bot.com/download works just fine for me.
NginUS

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:06:38 PM

Feature Request:

I like to use my BTC-e account as my savings account since the bot does better percentagewise than it would get sitting at a bank.

I'm about to take out a student loan for a sizable sum that will last the whole year. And it's going to go into my trading account & ll withdraw as needed.

The feature I want is similar to the reserves you already have, but not that the funds don't get traded. Just that they're off limits for withdrawal. Being able to define. A set amount that's not allowed to be withdrawn won't prevent one from withdrawing that amount of course, but it informs us of what amount of the account can be cashed out.

I hope I explained that clearly enough that it makes sense.
Grinny

Activity: 390

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:29:03 PM

hey pablo,

"article not found"

best,
grinny

now i got a promt within the bot's overlay menu that asked me to download the new version via chrome webstore. worked fine! i had to manually transfer all settings to the new bot, but as pablo already mentioned, this has to be done only once.

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
NginUS

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:21:27 AM

The first time I tried to run backtesting on the new version, it failed, outputting just the. Top row of the table where the data goes. So I checked all over looking for something that could be causing the issue, but found nothing wrong. So I tried it again & it's been working ever since.
Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:55:35 PM

Hi,

Is it normal nothing happens at all after 1 day? The bot seems to be setup properly as it can see my 0.2 BTC on BTC-e properly but then nothing. I used the recommended settings for BTC-e. It seems like a good thing after reading the thread but am I missing something. I use the trial version as I want to see what happens.

OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:57:37 PM

Hi,

Is it normal nothing happens at all after 1 day? The bot seems to be setup properly as it can see my 0.2 BTC on BTC-e properly but then nothing. I used the recommended settings for BTC-e. It seems like a good thing after reading the thread but am I missing something. I use the trial version as I want to see what happens.

If your funds are held in BTC on the exchanges and the price of BTC/USD is rising, the bot doesn't trade as it measures the value of your account holdings in USD and, with the BTC/USD price rising, you're deemed to be making money. If the price of BTC/USD begins to fall and according to your settings the bot determines that the trend price of BTC is falling, it will sell the BTC back into USD as, again, it determines the value of your account holdings from a USD perspective.

As yesterday the price of BTC/USD was largely upward, it's quite normal that no trades would have been made with your bot because the funds held in your account at commencement were in BTC and valuing your account from a USD perspective, the value of your BTC was increasing. Had your starting funds been USD, it's likely that the bot would have bought BTC sensing the upward trend in the price of BTC.

Hope this helps.

Smiley

ThBitCollective

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:17:08 PM

Hello,

I have kinda been looking into trying this, but I was wondering.... I see that you can set reserves for held BTC and USD what I would like to know is if that can be set as a percentage? IE can I do 30% instead of $500?
seanrarey

Activity: 168

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:29:38 AM

Hello,

I have kinda been looking into trying this, but I was wondering.... I see that you can set reserves for held BTC and USD what I would like to know is if that can be set as a percentage? IE can I do 30% instead of $500?

no

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:05:01 AM

With all the talk about trial software.....

Pablo should probably turn the trial software into a simulation.

Unlimited time, but your account won't actually trade in real life. As long as you keep it open it will trade imaginary numbers but nothing actually goes out to the exchange API's. Just simple math.

If a person tried the simulation then after some unknown period of time, they would be able to fine tune the settings and see the ongoing results of their changes. If it convinces them, they buy the software license, if not, no harm no foul.

Pablo should also implement profiles (I believe it's on the board already) so that users can openly exchange settings either out in the open or between each other. Giving newbies to the ButterBot simulator(formerly trial software) some "settings" which they can see results within a reasonable period of time.

It will also help everyone figure out what kinds of changes makes sense and why it works better than another setting.

==============================

One "problem" with the backtesting feature is that it doesn't really give you a clue as to why one setting works spectacularly while other settings work downright terrible.

People turn to BitCoinWisdom because it gives them a visual representation of the last 900 update cycles. It lets people do the tweaking and only in one dimension.

It would be nice if there was eventually a fully supported website by the butter bot team that shows users (interactively) what different settings do when they are changed. Letting the casual simulator or licensed user of Butter bot focus in on what could be improved on.

Allowing you to:
Change the tick settings with vertical highlights,
Change EMA's all four EMA pairs with highlights that spots where crossovers occured in the past based on your chosen settings,
Change the EMA's pairs and see how many spikes and drops were taken advantage of in a given period of time.
Change the periods of update to see what is more advantageous.

In other words interactive, visual and dynamic so people can figure out what the numbers actually mean and what changes with each setting.

===========================

Pablo's team should also (geeze one too many ideas) focus in on a little addon to find the heart beats of the market. Both the large ones and the smaller ones.

Not incredibly, if you look over the graphs (RTBTC/BitCoinWisdom etc) you can find the timing of various bots that do large trades at pretty precise intervals. Allowing you to time your own buys and sells (or butter bot) with that in mind.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:08:21 AM

We should also start a contest,

To see who can fine tune butter the best from week to week, month to month. (Back Testing and Forward Testing)

We can start off from the default settings until we max out in terms of optimized opportunity.

Might be fun?
AnhBen

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 05:53:05 AM

We should also start a contest,

To see who can fine tune butter the best from week to week, month to month. (Back Testing and Forward Testing)

We can start off from the default settings until we max out in terms of optimized opportunity.

Might be fun?

Good idea! So that others can benefit from this. I'm in.

Twitter @iKcul
Best news agg: http://KculShare.com
XPM: AVmbdubJMrEDBgpvxaXGTqtdB8C2CRSk7f
Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:09:41 AM

Hi,

If your funds are held in BTC on the exchanges and the price of BTC/USD is rising, the bot doesn't trade as it measures the value of your account holdings in USD and, with the BTC/USD price rising, you're deemed to be making money. If the price of BTC/USD begins to fall and according to your settings the bot determines that the trend price of BTC is falling, it will sell the BTC back into USD as, again, it determines the value of your account holdings from a USD perspective.

As yesterday the price of BTC/USD was largely upward, it's quite normal that no trades would have been made with your bot because the funds held in your account at commencement were in BTC and valuing your account from a USD perspective, the value of your BTC was increasing. Had your starting funds been USD, it's likely that the bot would have bought BTC sensing the upward trend in the price of BTC.

Hope this helps.

Smiley

Thanks a lot for your answer. It does make sense and I can see the logic now. I thought it was increasing BTC. Seems good to me. I guess trial will become long term.

NginUS

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:15:42 AM

If you're on BTC-e at least, and of course depending on your settings, you may get a 'sell order is imminent' email soon by the looks of it.

Watch I jinxed it by mentioning it, lol.
delulo

Activity: 441

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:42:18 PM

Did anyone compare the performance of the different bots that are available? Especially because there seem to be some free ones... I recognized the following ones:

CryptoTrader.org https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222696.0;all
Haasonline Simple Trade Bot https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
HAL10K https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391630.0;all
Easybot (open source)  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=354871
Gekko - a javascript trading bot for nodejs https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209149.0;all

Butter Bot says they had 3464% up since two years  Cheesy But what is the performance of these Bots if you compare it to a simple hold strategy?

Or are all bots roughly the same and it all depends on your fine tuning? If that is true, then which has the best default setting, best usability?

Do all use the same EMA strategy?
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: