Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:36:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
lubah

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:43:45 PM

when will we know if our order is in batch 1 or not?

that's the only relevant info we need, everything else is just noise as avalon havent shipped the chips.
I agree, thats all i have wanted to know since the 18th.... even if things are not ready to ship till september...lol, are we in or not... I know they are afraid to commit to anyone right now...to many "if ands, and buts"  i guess im trying to understand and be patient

Or WHAT?  you gonna yank your order -- what's TH incentive to tell you where you stand?   you shouldn't have bought anything if there was a stipulation that you had to be amongst the first x to receive your order...  get real.   

There's plenty of lists circulating around showing where you likely stand - 

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:33:16 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 02:45:52 PM by MinermanNC

that's the only relevant info we need, everything else is just noise as avalon havent shipped the chips.
I agree, thats all i have wanted to know since the 18th.... even if things are not ready to ship till september...lol, are we in or not... I know they are afraid to commit to anyone right now...to many "if ands, and buts"  i guess im trying to understand and be patient

Or WHAT?  you gonna yank your order -- what's TH incentive to tell you where you stand?   you shouldn't have bought anything if there was a stipulation that you had to be amongst the first x to receive your order...  get real.  

Because they told us by last Friday they were going to tell us this. and please don't tell me or anyone else in here what we should or shouldn't have bought.  Keep you opinions about other members to yourself unless ask, cause everyones got one just like something else they have! Post your opinions about TH only.  Do you even have an order or are you just arm chair quarterbacking in here anyways...please refrain from making insignifigant comments. and that "list" is far from accurate.
Thank you

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Silvas

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:03:38 PM

Or WHAT?  you gonna yank your order -- what's TH incentive to tell you where you stand?   you shouldn't have bought anything if there was a stipulation that you had to be amongst the first x to receive your order...  get real.   

Allow me to try to put this in a way you might understand.

It is NOT about getting updates every 5 minutes or every hour or even every day.  It is not about being answered every time we ask a question.  It is not about being told whatever we want to know.
(though with certain things it would be nice to know a little something - like how it's going with testing/development.  No, not a blow by blow, but a splurb once or twice a week oh hey we got this to work or we're testing that.  Oh and don't direct me to the dev thread for BKK - TH has stated they're going to help with working on firmware and drivers, and they have physical hardware, so they will be doing some of this work)

It's about credibility.  No, I don't mean credibility by sitting on forums posting and answering questions all the time.  I mean credibility by doing what they say they're going to do and by being honest and realistic not just with us, but with themselves about what they can reasonably accomplish in a given timeframe and not making commitments they can't keep.  Yes, things happen and things change.  That's normal and to be expected, and nobody can plan for everything. 
But when you make a commitment to do something or give people updates by a certain time, you keep that commitment; if something has changed and you can't, you give an open honest and upfront explanation to people why - and you do it as soon as you know you can't keep the commitment.

Yes they're busy, and yes posting on here takes time.  However, taking 5 minutes to come here, or send out an email, or even just post an update to their site is not going to break anything.  It's not going to significantly adversely affect the work that needs to get done.  What it will do is reinforce their credibility; it will show everyone that their word means a lot to them; it shows people that they are committed to customer service and putting their customers as one of their highest priorities.

I don't think they are scammers or anything like that; right now it just seems that they don't stop to think about what customers might think in a given situation.  For me it's not about updates, it's about keeping their word.
If you don't tell me you're going to give me an update by Friday, then I don't care if you don't do it, BUT...
if you tell me you will, and you don't; you have just broken your word.   THAT is the issue.  If you're not sure if you can do something, then don't commit to it.  Once you commit, as a customer I will hold your feet to the fire on it if you break that commitment and don't at least give a very prompt open and honest explanation why.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:42:10 PM

It is NOT about getting updates every 5 minutes or every hour or even every day.  It is not about being answered every time we ask a question.  It is not about being told whatever we want to know.
(though with certain things it would be nice to know a little something - like how it's going with testing/development.  No, not a blow by blow, but a splurb once or twice a week oh hey we got this to work or we're testing that.  Oh and don't direct me to the dev thread for BKK - TH has stated they're going to help with working on firmware and drivers, and they have physical hardware, so they will be doing some of this work)

It's about credibility.  No, I don't mean credibility by sitting on forums posting and answering questions all the time.  I mean credibility by doing what they say they're going to do and by being honest and realistic not just with us, but with themselves about what they can reasonably accomplish in a given timeframe and not making commitments they can't keep.  Yes, things happen and things change.  That's normal and to be expected, and nobody can plan for everything. 
But when you make a commitment to do something or give people updates by a certain time, you keep that commitment; if something has changed and you can't, you give an open honest and upfront explanation to people why - and you do it as soon as you know you can't keep the commitment.

Yes they're busy, and yes posting on here takes time.  However, taking 5 minutes to come here, or send out an email, or even just post an update to their site is not going to break anything.  It's not going to significantly adversely affect the work that needs to get done.  What it will do is reinforce their credibility; it will show everyone that their word means a lot to them; it shows people that they are committed to customer service and putting their customers as one of their highest priorities.

I don't think they are scammers or anything like that; right now it just seems that they don't stop to think about what customers might think in a given situation.  For me it's not about updates, it's about keeping their word.
If you don't tell me you're going to give me an update by Friday, then I don't care if you don't do it, BUT...
if you tell me you will, and you don't; you have just broken your word.   THAT is the issue.  If you're not sure if you can do something, then don't commit to it.  Once you commit, as a customer I will hold your feet to the fire on it if you break that commitment and don't at least give a very prompt open and honest explanation why.

Well said Silvas. I have owned 7 businesses since age 29, I am 54 now. and in each business everyone ask when are you opening! but way before I would post a sign and begin advertising my opening date I would make darn sure I had my ducks in a row, I's dotted and T's crossed. Adequate employees in place and trained, and lastly, my inventory was in and accounted for. ONLY then would I announce my opening date to the public. I knew my reputation was on the line and first impressions are lasting impressions. And most of all, customer service was absolutely the most important thing once we opened the doors for business. With that said, I know TH is in a very unique business, and is higly developmental, with that said, some of the same principle above still apply. I still have faith in TH and hope for a long relationship with them as they grow. But communications are important Smiley

joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:44:42 PM

Well said Silvas. I have owned 7 businesses since age 29, I am 54 now. and in each business everyone ask when are you opening! but way before I would post a sign and begin advertising my opening date I would make darn sure I had my ducks in a row, I's dotted and T's crossed. Adequate employees in place and trained, and lastly, my inventory was in and accounted for. ONLY then would I announce my opening date to the public. I knew my reputation was on the line and first impressions are lasting impressions. And most of all, customer service was absolutely the most important thing once we opened the doors for business. With that said, I know TH is in a very unique business, and is higly developmental, with that said, some of the same principle above still apply. I still have faith in TH and hope for a long relationship with them as they grow. But communications are important Smiley

Don't you miss those days?

lubah

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:31:24 PM

Because they told us by last Friday they were going to tell us this. and please don't tell me or anyone else in here what we should or shouldn't have bought.  Keep you opinions about other members to yourself unless ask, cause everyones got one just like something else they have! Post your opinions about TH only.  Do you even have an order or are you just arm chair quarterbacking in here anyways...please refrain from making insignifigant comments. and that "list" is far from accurate.
Thank you

The facts are TH announced they'd accept preorders.   At the exact moment they said the units would be available for presale - they were.   Their sale was so successful that Paypal is wary about handing over the huge stack of funds for fear of chargebacks -- which was communicated -- along with a potential remedy pending the outcome (cc directly) -  depending on how / when they get their funds, they'll know who paid and when.    

If for some reason they then choose to tell you whether your order will be filled within some specific window of time IMHO is a waste of their time.    Why should they?   You bought it - you'll be served in order...   Were you to learn that you weren't fast enough submitting payment and won't be served until the second or third batch of products, wouldn't they be risking loss of your business as a result of your dissatisfaction with your place in line  and then have to waste even more time refunding your order?

I do have an order - placed and paid for within the first 2 minutes....   These guys haven't done anything to lose any credibility in my mind and like many small businesses before them are faced with growing pains imposed by Paypal.   I'm a huge fan of the community forums but do you really want them responding dozens of posts here about where do I stand in line?   Are you hoping to teach them a lesson in customer service??
Shimple

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:20:29 PM

Thank you

The facts are TH announced they'd accept preorders.   At the exact moment they said the units would be available for presale - they were.   Their sale was so successful that Paypal is wary about handing over the huge stack of funds for fear of chargebacks -- which was communicated -- along with a potential remedy pending the outcome (cc directly) -  depending on how / when they get their funds, they'll know who paid and when.    

If for some reason they then choose to tell you whether your order will be filled within some specific window of time IMHO is a waste of their time.    Why should they?   You bought it - you'll be served in order...   Were you to learn that you weren't fast enough submitting payment and won't be served until the second or third batch of products, wouldn't they be risking loss of your business as a result of your dissatisfaction with your place in line  and then have to waste even more time refunding your order?

I do have an order - placed and paid for within the first 2 minutes....   These guys haven't done anything to lose any credibility in my mind and like many small businesses before them are faced with growing pains imposed by Paypal.   I'm a huge fan of the community forums but do you really want them responding dozens of posts here about where do I stand in line?   Are you hoping to teach them a lesson in customer service??

Agreed. People complaining here wont make a difference. You can complain 24/7 they cant change what happened with the PayPal thing. It is just a waiting game now. Let them figure things out and stop expecting an answer/update every hour from them. If TH was to answer all your questions and updates he would only be looking at this forum all day and not have time to do anything else.

Give him a break, and give him time.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:38:13 PM

Thank you

lubah what planet are you living on? lol  geez,,,,and Im proud of you for getting your order placed in 2 minutes,,hooray for lubah. For the record im ok with my place in line btw.  You obviously are missing the point. oh well....

cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:39:48 PM

paypal status on held funds

OK, Double Quick Now,

What are your top questions for Terrahash?

Only 1 question per post.

I'll report back later...

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:40:27 PM

the paypal does work?

can anyone post the paypal adress?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:42:44 PM

Thank you

Agreed. People complaining here wont make a difference. You can complain 24/7 they cant change what happened with the PayPal thing. It is just a waiting game now. Let them figure things out and stop expecting an answer/update every hour from them. If TH was to answer all your questions and updates he would only be looking at this forum all day and not have time to do anything else.

Give him a break, and give him time.

shimple, you seem pretty cool and realistic, but who's complaining? I haven't complained about a thing....Dont label me?  I like everyone else, are just waiting for a time frame. thats all, not to much to ask....if it were the other way around I would expect the same if I was excepting thousands of dollars from folks,,,so... anyways  it is what it is, and i will keep waiting lol

cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:19:28 PM

I guess everyone is happy to wait on your report and trust you will cover most of our concerns  Wink

Seriously?

This IS the Custom Hardware board, right?  The only question posted was about paypal?

I'm off to see the wizard(s), and will report back in a couple of hours with answers to my own questions...

Silvas

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:20:48 PM

TL;DR

They said they would have miners produced roughly 2 weeks after receiving the avalon chips if everything else is working. That's all that matters. If this deadline passes then feel free to vent on here some more.

Not sure how most of you get off thinking you are entitled to play by play details about a private company.

God how thick are you?!

How many times does it have to be said?  I don't think I'm entitled to play by play details about a private company; I KNOW I'm entitled to what the company has promised

TH came here and stated they would give people an update by a certain time.  That time passed without that update appearing.  People were upset about that.  How hard is that to understand?

No, instead you go and accuse people of being needy and wanting blow by blow updates.  All a lot of us asked for is what TH offered and committed to, not constant updates.  If you can't understand that, then the problem is yours.

Silvas

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:23:49 PM

Thank you

Why should they?  Because TH SAID THEY WOULD, that's why.

I don't know how much simpler this needs to be made - If you say you're going to do something, then you have obligated yourself to do it and people are entitled to expect you to do it.
If you don't want to do something, don't say you will, and I won't expect you to.  Is that so hard to understand?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:12:20 PM

Thank you

Why should they?  Because TH SAID THEY WOULD, that's why.

I don't know how much simpler this needs to be made - If you say you're going to do something, then you have obligated yourself to do it and people are entitled to expect you to do it.
If you don't want to do something, don't say you will, and I won't expect you to.  Is that so hard to understand?

Don't waste your breath (typing) in response to these TH "brown nosers" It ain't going to get us or them anywhere any sooner, even though they probably think it will...lol,,,, We will get our updates when TH is ready and knows what they are doing next...and to the rest of the gang in here,,,we all are very well aware that paypal threw a snag into things for TH, but they should have anticipated that from the getgo?... we all know how paypal is... right? maybe Im just old fashioned when it comes to doing business,,, enough said on this whole thing. We just wait now.

bebfoo

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:19:59 PM

Please quit the pointless arguing and FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS please stop quoting entire posts in your replies. edit!!
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:24:42 PM

I'm sitting here enjoying the free show you seem to be putting on whining for updates.

I'm not sure what update you are referring to that they promised on and didn't deliver. So far so good in my book.

If you have additional questions send them an email, if you've already done that then I guess the "show must go on!"

*Popcorn*

They said they were going to inform us on what batch of chips our purchase would be fulfilled by, thus giving us an estimate on how long after the first units ship that we would receive our units. That was supposed to come last Friday, then they changed it to Monday, and here it is almost a week later from the initial date and still no word.
Silvas

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:24:53 PM

I'm sitting here enjoying the free show you seem to be putting on whining for updates.

I'm not sure what update you are referring to that they promised on and didn't deliver. So far so good in my book.

If you have additional questions send them an email, if you've already done that then I guess the "show must go on!"

*Popcorn*

You're not sure what update I'm referring to?  Here, allow me to enlighten you:

We will be canceling at 6pm today, all wire-transfer orders placed on Tuesday, for which we don't receive a wire by today evening. Only in very rare cases (mostly where the wire is coming from out of the country) we will restore orders if the wire comes in on Monday or Tuesday. All other wires coming next week will be returned. We also won't change shipping address and/or email addresses associated with an account (except for rare cases). We will compile all the order data during the weekend, and on Monday we will send out an email to all the customers letting them know whether their order falls within the first batch of 20,000 chips or the 2nd batch.

Yes, that update did come in; however, it came in well after it was supposed to.  That's what I've been referring to.
You'll notice that they specifically committed to sending an email monday letting people know what batch their order falls in.  THAT is what I was referring to.  They committed, and therefore everyone had a right to expect it, no matter what you think.

You can rip on people, call them needy and essentially imply that they're attention whores all you want; it doesn't make it true when all they asked for was what they were told they would be given.
Yes TH did update us, after the fact, and said that the info on where the orders fell would be delayed.  I'm ok with that.  They came here and explained what was going on and why the update was being delayed.  I just wish they would have done so a little sooner.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:32:41 PM

On another note, I switched all my ol gpu miners over to litecoin mining while I uh um "wait" for my asic boards.. Smiley and am earning more money at a much faster clip now than struggling to hang on to BTC mining anymore,,,so just for those who are still mining gpu in here,,,so far it was a good move for me at this time. and LTC is up somewhat compared to BTC right now.....

Silvas

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:33:45 PM

On another note, I switched all my ol gpu miners over to litecoin mining while I uh um "wait" for my asic boards.. Smiley and am earning more money at a much faster clip now than struggling to hang on to BTC mining anymore,,,so just for those who are still minng gpu in here,,,so far it was a good move for me at this time. and LTC is up somewhat compared to BTC right now.....

Eh I stopped my GPUs mining... weather is starting to heat up here and the 3 6950s were making my place miserable lol
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: