Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:22:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:22:31 AM

*grabs pitchfork* yea! damn them!

while we are still waiting on chips, hope TH caught this:
NOTICE:

There is an error in the K16 Parts List on Github.

R47 is marked as 0603 package but the board requires an 0402 package.

This is a 100 ohm resistor.  Qty 6 should be reduced to Qty 5 and an 0402 Qty 1 added.

I've fixed the error in the parts list but if you have ordered 0603 resistors for production you will need to also order some 0402 of the same. For DIY hand assembly you may be able to fit an 0603 in as a hack. I'll update later as I see how this works out.

Sorry everyone. I thought all the errors had been caught some time ago but this one slipped in as part of the last revision.

It's fairly minor in comparison to the ASICs that never ship, but it's a nuisance, I know.

Yea, already ordered the new part. We have ordered enough components to assemble upto 200,000 chips or 12,500 K16s. The only part in shortage right now is the PIC. But, we have enough of them for 40,000 chips and more are coming in around August 15. Heatsinks will be here next week. The cases were supposed to arrive today, but the shop says they are delayed by a couple days, which is fine for now. Power supplies and fans (for the cases) have been ordered as well. Cable harnesses for powering upto 40 K16s from a single power supply have been custom made, they will be here by next week too.

And Avalon chips are still MIA.  Sad

Doesn't matter if they are MIA or not because TH doesn't have all the parts ready to go as they claimed a couple weeks ago. We were supposed to get these at the end of July, then it became Aug. 15th, now it is end of august or sometime in september.

Why aren't everyone who ordered from Avalon collectively asking them what is going on with the chips and then relaying to us how long it will be?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:26:02 AM

Thank You terrahash!

I just wanted to publicly Thank You for making a substantial license payment to me for the boards you have under way. I thought it would be good for your customers to know that you have been taking the steps to make this "officially endorsed". If you ever need my assistance I'm always here.

+1

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:27:43 AM

*grabs pitchfork* yea! damn them!

while we are still waiting on chips, hope TH caught this:
NOTICE:

There is an error in the K16 Parts List on Github.

R47 is marked as 0603 package but the board requires an 0402 package.

This is a 100 ohm resistor.  Qty 6 should be reduced to Qty 5 and an 0402 Qty 1 added.

I've fixed the error in the parts list but if you have ordered 0603 resistors for production you will need to also order some 0402 of the same. For DIY hand assembly you may be able to fit an 0603 in as a hack. I'll update later as I see how this works out.

Sorry everyone. I thought all the errors had been caught some time ago but this one slipped in as part of the last revision.

It's fairly minor in comparison to the ASICs that never ship, but it's a nuisance, I know.

Yea, already ordered the new part. We have ordered enough components to assemble upto 200,000 chips or 12,500 K16s. The only part in shortage right now is the PIC. But, we have enough of them for 40,000 chips and more are coming in around August 15. Heatsinks will be here next week. The cases were supposed to arrive today, but the shop says they are delayed by a couple days, which is fine for now. Power supplies and fans (for the cases) have been ordered as well. Cable harnesses for powering upto 40 K16s from a single power supply have been custom made, they will be here by next week too.

And Avalon chips are still MIA.  Sad

Doesn't matter if they are MIA or not because TH doesn't have all the parts ready to go as they claimed a couple weeks ago. We were supposed to get these at the end of July, then it became Aug. 15th, now it is end of august or sometime in september.

Why aren't everyone who ordered from Avalon collectively asking them what is going on with the chips and then relaying to us how long it will be?

Terrahash! Pick these up! All of them.

Terahash already has 20k chips on order from early May.

So i hear... and saw on screenshots posted.
But seriously cant be this difficult to get visibility on the status right? USB erupters just dropped to 0.15BTC
AKA 5.55+ GHash for $250. Beat terrahash by over 1 Ghash already. At this rate, we'll never see our money's worth.

No solid delivery window in sight... are we still on track for 8/15?

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
Vigil

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:36:57 AM

^No. you will not get your board by August 15 and probably not by Sept. 1.
zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:39:08 AM

Not surprising.
Fine I reserve Sept 2nd. Smiley
Vigil

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:43:06 AM

Not surprising.
Where are BlockErupters selling for BTC.15?
kkooks

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:53:20 AM

Not surprising.

ASICMiner announced a 80% price drop: http://thegenesisblock.com/asicminer-usb-bitcoin-miner-price-drops-80-to-0-175-btc/

and

BTC Guild is giving away coupons for 0.15BTC Block erupters
"Right now, if you start to place an order and have coupons available, you will see an extra item available during checkout: "COUPON: USB Block Erupter @ 0.15000 BTC per unit". This is limited to the number of coupons available to your account."

It does not seem like it is going to be long before we see 0.10BTC Erupters... probably by September 1st when we're still asking where our Terrahash units went.

Didnt terrahash tell us he ordered everything and had everything he needed to mass produce our units weeks ago (less the Avalon chips)?
Now we find out he didnt even have the PCB boards to populate? And still doesnt have them on hand?

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
AtomSea

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:19:01 AM

Thank You terrahash!

I just wanted to publicly Thank You for making a substantial license payment to me for the boards you have under way. I thought it would be good for your customers to know that you have been taking the steps to make this "officially endorsed". If you ever need my assistance I'm always here.

This gives me the happy Cheesy
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:35:56 AM

Not surprising.

ASICMiner announced a 80% price drop: http://thegenesisblock.com/asicminer-usb-bitcoin-miner-price-drops-80-to-0-175-btc/

and

BTC Guild is giving away coupons for 0.15BTC Block erupters
"Right now, if you start to place an order and have coupons available, you will see an extra item available during checkout: "COUPON: USB Block Erupter @ 0.15000 BTC per unit". This is limited to the number of coupons available to your account."

It does not seem like it is going to be long before we see 0.10BTC Erupters... probably by September 1st when we're still asking where our Terrahash units went.

Didnt terrahash tell us he ordered everything and had everything he needed to mass produce our units weeks ago (less the Avalon chips)?
Now we find out he didnt even have the PCB boards to populate? And still doesnt have them on hand?

Why would they order thousands of PCB's if final revision is not even tested yet? PCB turn around time is likely not long 1-2 weeks, that is least of any concern.
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:38:02 AM

Yep, I must say having BKK come here and inform us of that is all anyone should need. Impressed and unexpected.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:45:28 AM

And until the revisions are tested then he shouldn't, It would be best to wait for BKK's final tests on the revision before ordering them (its only a few days away).

Outside of this I think he has all his ducks in a row. Credit where its due, Its all minor details now until Avalon deliver, and there not answering the phone so no one can do anything but wait.

Thank you Terra for your support of BKKCoins

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:00:33 AM

Yep, I must say having BKK come here and inform us of that is all anyone should need. Impressed and unexpected.
ya defintely unexpected.... quite the honor Smiley calmed my nerves a little to

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Vigil

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:11:28 AM

And until the revisions are tested then he shouldn't, It would be best to wait for BKK's final tests on the revision before ordering them (its only a few days away).

Outside of this I think he has all his ducks in a row. Credit where its due, Its all minor details now until Avalon deliver, and there not answering the phone so no one can do anything but wait.

Thank you Terra for your support of BKKCoins
But they told us they had everything ready to go and were only waiting on the chips. This is untrue. They are still waiting for parts. Not trying to blame anyone for anything, but... hopefully some serious competition heats up in the ASIC market because this sort of thing requires strict deadlines to be profitable.

Oh, Thanks BKK for your work on the Klondike boards.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:29:06 AM

I think Terrahash, out of courtesy and appreciation to its first batch customers (us guys)... should consider offering us a Second Pre-order opportunity prior to reopening to the public,,,and maybe offer all of us who have hung tight with them a chance to purchase up to 2-k64's or 8-k16's  (128 chips) for example" at a respectable discount ( even 5-10% Smiley ), But only after the first batch has shipped and been received. Thus giving us a chance to help make up for lost time if any, or just a way to say thank you! If they ship us, then they know we are good paying customers, and it would be easy to to do for Terrahash as they would have the production machine rolling, and they would know, by limiting the amounts of G/Hash we can reorder at max, then there would be no big surprise for them in inventory counts. I think something like this could be a WIN WIN for us as well as Terrahash!...Think about it please Terrahash..... Might would be a good contolled stratigic order move that would serve your budget well and smoothly....Even if only for a limited 12 hour hour order window for us,,,so long as we get an email first! Ok, just thinking outside the box ,,,maybe wishfull thinking but deserves some consideration I would think Smiley

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:50:56 AM

For those saying that we claimed to have all the components in hand, I would like to quote the following for reference:

For an update: We have all the parts/components needed for assembly of up to 200,000 chips (12,500 K16s) either on stock, on the way to us, or on order due to be delivered within the next 2 weeks.

As for the PCBs, turn-around time for them can be as little as 2 days. Even for an order of 1000 K64s, most shops start delivering 200 boards everyday from the 2nd or 3rd day. There are atleast 50 board houses here in Bay Area.
Thats very fast! Smiley

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:56:00 AM

For those saying that we claimed to have all the components in hand, I would like to quote the following for reference:

For an update: We have all the parts/components needed for assembly of up to 200,000 chips (12,500 K16s) either on stock, on the way to us, or on order due to be delivered within the next 2 weeks.

As for the PCBs, turn-around time for them can be as little as 2 days. Even for an order of 1000 K64s, most shops start delivering 200 boards everyday from the 2nd or 3rd day. There are atleast 50 board houses here in Bay Area.
Hey guys, many of us are wondering ..how many pci-e power plugs will there be on a k64 board...one per board or 4 for each part of the k64 (4 pci-e)?
THX  Cheesy

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:23:53 AM

Hey guys, many of us are wondering ..how many pci-e power plugs will there be on a k64 board...one per board or 4 for each part of the k64 (4 pci-e)?
THX  Cheesy

Each per K16 board. So that is 4 per K64. The K64s would have perforations between the K16s so that they can be separated easily, if need be.
Got it! Thanks! just need an accurate pci-e plug count lol Smiley

Smooth0ne

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:52:05 AM

THX  Cheesy

Each per K16 board. So that is 4 per K64. The K64s would have perforations between the K16s so that they can be separated easily, if need be.

Terrahash will be supplying all the I2c cables that would be required for each order correct? just wondering if they will also need 4 I2c cables as well? Also on the same line of thought. Why make k64's at all if they need all the same connections? I asked this earlier in the thread but you may have missed it. just seems like since they can just be broken up why not just make k16's only? just curious. thx!
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 06:17:34 AM

I think Terrahash, out of courtesy and appreciation to its first batch customers (us guys)... should consider offering us a Second Pre-order opportunity prior to reopening to the public,,,and maybe offer all of us who have hung tight with them a chance to purchase up to 2-k64's or 8-k16's  (128 chips) for example" at a respectable discount ( even 5-10% Smiley ), But only after the first batch has shipped and been received. Thus giving us a chance to help make up for lost time if any, or just a way to say thank you! If they ship us, then they know we are good paying customers, and it would be easy to to do for Terrahash as they would have the production machine rolling, and they would know, by limiting the amounts of G/Hash we can reorder at max, then there would be no big surprise for them in inventory counts. I think something like this could be a WIN WIN for us as well as Terrahash!...Think about it please Terrahash..... Might would be a good contolled stratigic order move that would serve your budget well and smoothly....Even if only for a limited 12 hour hour order window for us,,,so long as we get an email first! Ok, just thinking outside the box ,,,maybe wishfull thinking but deserves some consideration I would think Smiley
THIS!
If I don't add modules in my hosted Large it will be pretty much useless in 1-2 months. I won't be able to afford even the hosting expenses let alone break even...
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 06:52:16 AM

If I don't add modules in my hosted Large it will be pretty much useless in 1-2 months. I won't be able to afford even the hosting expenses let alone break even...
I haven't done the figures (too scared ) but I think this is going to be a huge problem for people in the near future. Hosting eating away at your ROI and the dilemma of what to do when it goes negative. You know the minute you pull out and sell it (if your overseas and it uneconomical to ship back to you) then BTC will double  Sad .

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: