Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:26:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:39:42 PM

Bar - your new demeanor suits you well. Would have been a lot more effective if you had that earlier on while supporting TH.

I think BTCeic may have thought you already got a refund based on your prior statements. It does get a bit confusing sometimes.

Again, I can't imagine why you can't wrap your head around the concept that when you deal in large sums of money with a bank, they offer protection even on bank transfers (Especially if it is inside the US). There's no risk to me so again you can rest easy!

Sadly you are mistaken again,

While the small change that you deposit in your bank doesn't give you any recourse against scams, when you deal with large amount of money on a daily basis bank actually do offer protection on these purchases. Not only that but again I personally went out there to meet with them. If I truly wanted to get a refund from this company it wouldn't be too hard, but that's not how I conduct business unlike you.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:57:21 PM

So.., TH never sent the working board to the person who sent them his chips, right?
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 04:09:32 PM

So.., TH never sent the working board to the person who sent them his chips, right?

That is correct, the user was hchc fyi.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
zurg

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:27:38 PM

Somehow I have a feeling that Amir is sitting somewhere in Thailand with BKK, drinking cold beer and laughing how they got us for nearly a mil.
Wondering is Yuify or whatever is joining in. lol

ok, I was kidding.., I HOPE.
atomicchaos

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:35:52 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 05:20:35 PM by atomicchaos

Those considering legal action should consider doing it on their own, for the very reason Bargraphics pointed out: It's easier to get a judgement on a single order. However, it will obviously take more effort, and that is a deterrent.

Before joining up with him, consider the following about trusting Bargraphic's motives:

1). Bar has blindly supported TH throughout this thread, was one of two people that vouched for them with a site visit, and strongly attacked anyone that spoke negatively about TH
2). He strongly discouraged anyone to seek refunds with TH up until 1-2 weeks ago
3). He created a thread to be the lead communicator with TH on determining how to proceed with orders - Results? Besides buying TH more time...
4). He stated that he had legal action in progress, and today he stated that he just called an attorney last night
5). Put your tinfoil hats on for this one... He had the very first order with TH on record. Draw your own assumptions.

Now, of course anyone still stuck with money in TH's pockets will seek any way possible to get money back, please pursue your own actions in parallel with any discussion with Bar. If you had followed Bar's advice up to this very day, you would be on the losing side (with this venture, and many others that more recent posts have pointed out), so learn from your mistakes, and spend the extra effort to contact your own lawyer and don't wait for others to do the work for you, especially someone with such a bad track record.

Another confusing piece of Bar's efforts, on 9/20 he posts:

I already have a lawyer lined up in California for anyone that is interested in joining in.

Just PM me and I'll do what I can.

And just today (4 days later) he posts:
I am in the preliminary stages with the lawyer, we talked for about 35 minutes last night regarding this case and he's asked for additional information which I have sent. I have not retained anyone currently but we both seem to agree that this case is fairly simple for those involved with USD payments.

I've been advised that trying to sue for BTC payments will add a very complicated layer to the case but I have also sent them are the information regarding that court case where they mentioned BTC as a currency.

I really don't want to talk much about anything else until I have a lawyer on retainer and after I send all of the individuals that PM'd me a message. At that time I will likely open up another thread (What Forum Topic should I use to post it in? Scam Accusations?)

It turns out that International Payments are not very hard to include in the lawsuit,

I've also been advised that this will likely NOT fit under a class action so those that do not contact me and are not involved will not see any benefit from the outcome of this case if it goes that far.

For what it's worth, I've also been advised that I would likely have a higher success rate if I did this alone than with Co-Plaintiffs due to them only needing to pay my money back versus multiple people but I made it clear that this is not an option for me at this point and anyone that I can include in this will be able to join.

zurg

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:47:27 PM

Just because you hire a lawyer doesn't mean you talk to him immediately.
At least in my experience dealing with them.
AtomSea

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:50:15 PM

Regarding the project as a whole. Since Yifu is offering chip refunds now, we can go that route. But as you know, chips were only about 50-60% cost in our operation, that is all we would be able to refund everyone.

Another option is to get a refund now, and buy the Gen 2 chips in October. Yifu has announced that the Gen 2 chips will be fully compatible with Gen 1. So, we would be able to use the current boards, heat sinks, cases and most (if not all) of the components. And everyone will get about 8-10 times more hashing power for same price. (This is just an estimate, we will get more details once he releases the specs.) And we'll get another month and a half to sort out the issues with the current design. Instead of depending upon BkkCoins this time, we will hire people here to build upon and improve his design. We will open source everything we do.

Terrahash,

Please indicate what your plan is moving forward.
I understand things can be difficult.
If Avalon is not giving info on the 55nm, please indicate that.
If you are in a quandary regarding the k16 or k64 - please be forthcoming on the Klondike page - there are more minds working on the project now, they will assist. If you are open-source, be open-source.

I suggest the following:
~Come completely clean on your current k16/k64 situation. (Post on the Klondike boards your progress)
~State what was done with all the Avalon 110nm orders. (I assume you saw the wisdom in cancelling and refunding those orders)
~Move forward publicly with an upgrade option to the 55nm. (Even if you don't have all the specs yet from Avalon, or a fully efficient board with 110nm, the Klondike with Avalon chips is the best open-source option out there at this time for Asics - many will continue to support it)
~Refunds must become an option for those that want them. (If you can only go 1/2 now and 1/2 later, then so be it, just make it happen)

I can promise, we will be more open and be better with customer service this time!

Please live up to this and respond with your plan within 48 hours.

Thank you.

atomicchaos

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:51:38 PM

Point taken, and I agree with that. It is simply another thing to consider, as I mistakenly read his first message as it being already well in progress. Those that hes talked to in PM would know more on what he's stated so far about it. The entire message as a whole was just to point out that people should really think twice about just sitting back and letting others do the leg work on this, especially given the track record of the person leading the effort.

Sure, if it's a small order, it may not be worth to pursue alone, but anyone with larger orders should do it themselves, it's not difficult. Take his own Lawyer's advice!

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:17:34 PM

Regarding the project as a whole. Since Yifu is offering chip refunds now, we can go that route. But as you know, chips were only about 50-60% cost in our operation, that is all we would be able to refund everyone.

Another option is to get a refund now, and buy the Gen 2 chips in October. Yifu has announced that the Gen 2 chips will be fully compatible with Gen 1. So, we would be able to use the current boards, heat sinks, cases and most (if not all) of the components. And everyone will get about 8-10 times more hashing power for same price. (This is just an estimate, we will get more details once he releases the specs.) And we'll get another month and a half to sort out the issues with the current design. Instead of depending upon BkkCoins this time, we will hire people here to build upon and improve his design. We will open source everything we do.

Terrahash,

Please indicate what your plan is moving forward.
I understand things can be difficult.
If Avalon is not giving info on the 55nm, please indicate that.
If you are in a quandary regarding the k16 or k64 - please be forthcoming on the Klondike page - there are more minds working on the project now, they will assist. If you are open-source, be open-source.

I suggest the following:
~Come completely clean on your current k16/k64 situation. (Post on the Klondike boards your progress)
~State what was done with all the Avalon 110nm orders. (I assume you saw the wisdom in cancelling and refunding those orders)
~Move forward publicly with an upgrade option to the 55nm. (Even if you don't have all the specs yet from Avalon, or a fully efficient board with 110nm, the Klondike with Avalon chips is the best open-source option out there at this time for Asics - many will continue to support it)
~Refunds must become an option for those that want them. (If you can only go 1/2 now and 1/2 later, then so be it, just make it happen)

I can promise, we will be more open and be better with customer service this time!

Please live up to this and respond with your plan within 48 hours.

Thank you.

wow that sure was a waste of your time typing ...nice try though

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:25:42 PM

Very true.  Good lawyers are selective on their cases.  For what its worth sounds like Bar's gave him good advice on not including Bitcoin with money in one.  

Also it can be a slow experience.  Even if you have all the right things, and lawyer lined up it takes time.  Also i would consult with multiple lawyers if you are able to and pay the fee if they charge it for consult.  Even if you have all the paperwork done, they will contact TH... wait for reply.  I bet they dont reply.  Then depends on lawyer from there, but it will take time.

My personal opinion was when TH announced they needed 3 months to do full refunds, chances are they had 3 months of operating cash left.  Again could be wrong.  But i would be a little worried on timeframe.
aznewsh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:47:37 PM

OMG this thread just get's even more entertaining!

Are you people seriously going to allow this idiot who has completely lost touch with reality since day 1 waste any more of your time?

That is if he actually is a real customer with an actual investment and not an associate of TH who is trying to buy time as he has done all along.

If the above is not true then he has completely lost touch with reality, just read all his previous posts to see that.

Why would anybody EVER follow him anywhere???

Anyway good luck all, glad people are finally coming to their senses but wow what an epic long time it took to get there!

Let the train wreck continue..........

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:50:50 PM

Now this is what I like to see  Wink Notice the true pro's are not afraid to show their faces! unlike Terrahash where all we ever saw was hands... what were they afraid of ?..hmmmm

http://cointerra.com/cointerra-demonstrates-working-fpga-releases-additional-chip-details/

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:09:00 PM

Bar, for what you wasted or will loose on your investment with terrahash,,,,,you could have bought probably 4-5 Terrahash's worth of mining gear from cointerra and made boo koos worth of bitcoin and money,,,,but not now Sad

I kinda feel sorry for you ,,,at first I was envious on how much you ordered, and gee you were the first in line to! of course you made sure we all were aware of that since the beginning,,, I guess the horn tooting is all over now......whats the old saying,,,the bigger you are the harder you will fall, remember that in life, and don't brag and boast so much as you did early on,,,, nothing personal,,,,we like you ,,,,,,,, and im probably older than most in here, and also have learned the hard way Smiley good luck with getting your money back.

justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:30:52 AM

Bar, for what you wasted or will loose on your investment with terrahash,,,,,you could have bought probably 4-5 Terrahash's worth of mining gear from cointerra and made boo koos worth of bitcoin and money,,,,but not now Sad

2 Tera Hz! Wow! And they say it's low power consumer! Don't see any wattage rating though?
It's a Pre order?
And you can only pay with Bitcoin or Bank Wire Transfer?  Cheesy
Must be very confident in their ability to deliver the product by their delivery date. Roll Eyes

Run. Don't look back.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:14:47 AM

Terrahash was online
But no response

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:46:28 AM

2 Tera Hz! Wow! And they say it's low power consumer! Don't see any wattage rating though?
It's a Pre order?
And you can only pay with Bitcoin or Bank Wire Transfer?  Cheesy
Must be very confident in their ability to deliver the product by their delivery date. Roll Eyes

Run. Don't look back.

Oh they now except paypal and credit card!!! cointerra,, these guys have their shit together,,,lol,,,,   ok, here ya go gang,,,from cointerra today:

Hello Bitcoin Mining Enthusiasts,

We have recently released a new video demonstrating a working FGPA, as well as additional GoldStrike1 ASIC chip details.

To watch the video and read the full release, please head to http://cointerra.com/cointerra-demonstrates-working-fpga-releases-additional-chip-details/ .

If you can't wait and just want the GoldStrike ASIC specs, here they are!
•Global Foundries: 28nm HPP process.Clock-speed: 1.4 GHz (min binning speed) to 2    GHz (max binning speed)
•Die size: 3 dies of 10x10 mm for a total of 300 sqmm.
•Hash rate: 504 GH/s to 720 GH/s based on binning speed
•Hashes per sq mm: 1.68 GH/s/mm2 to 2.4 GH/s/mm2
•Power consumption: <0.6 watts/GH/s (@ 0.765 volts)
•Architecture: pipelined unrolled hashing units
•Tape-out due: 1st week of October

System cooling:  Custom designed liquid cooling by CoolIT Systems capable of 400 watts per chip, though the chip will not exceed 300 watts in normal operating condition. incorporating  3x high speed 12cm fans with 4U sized radiator at the back.  System box was recently upgraded from 2u to 4u to allow for larger fans and radiator to provide significant increase in cooling capacity and reduced fan noise  - 12cm fans are much quieter than 9cm fans.

Logistics: By design, all suppliers (excluding ASIC), including PCB design, board and box assembly provided locally in Austin to reduce shipping delays of parts between locations and eliminate delays due to logistics or customs.

Significant payments made to fab to expedite process from usual 90+ days to 65 days.

Chips expected back, early December.

Systems expected to begin shipping to customers, Mid December.

We are proud of the progress we have made and hope that you enjoy the short video we have put together.

If you have any questions, you can always reach us at info@cointerra.com or 512-270-6050.

PS: They will answer their phone Smiley

duke1839

Activity: 143
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

I kinda feel sorry for you ,,,at first I was envious on how much you ordered, and gee you were the first in line to! of course you made sure we all were aware of that since the beginning,,, I guess the horn tooting is all over now......whats the old saying,,,the bigger you are the harder you will fall, remember that in life, and don't brag and boast so much as you did early on,,,, nothing personal,,,,we like you ,,,,,,,, and im probably older than most in here, and also have learned the hard way Smiley good luck with getting your money back.

I'm sorry but you completely discredited yourself by saying you were envious of Bar.  You don't sound like a wise old investor, you sound like a bratty child who is schattenfrued.  I'm sure Bar like the rest of us knew the risks before he ordered, I'm sure Bar like most of the others who ordered didn't risk money we couldn't afford to lose.  That being said, I plan on getting my money back from Terrahash and if you have nothing useful to add to the discussion go fly a kite.

1839REgeNTM2b84byywinp3BjtWdEqw27x
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:24:36 AM

PS: They will answer their phone Smiley

for now...
im done with this pre order crap

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
Molex1701

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:19:01 AM

TrashHash ..... I've asked twice about there $6 g/hash deal and nothing.  Been over the time they say the would have listed in their store. Oh hum.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:11:42 PM

I'm sorry but you completely discredited yourself by saying you were envious of Bar.  You don't sound like a wise old investor, you sound like a bratty child who is schattenfrued.  I'm sure Bar like the rest of us knew the risks before he ordered, I'm sure Bar like most of the others who ordered didn't risk money we couldn't afford to lose.  That being said, I plan on getting my money back from Terrahash and if you have nothing useful to add to the discussion go fly a kite.
ya ya ya ya  ,,ok Jr. you have fun to getting your money back sucker, be sure to post in here and let us all know how it works out for ya. And if you consider that discrediting myself ,thats fine,,,I wasn't f**king stupid enough to throw in THOUSANDS like bar and maybe you to some unknown,,...thats my wisdom right there ya fool.

PS: and WTF are you German or something?? schattenfrued  lol,,,,, "heil hitler"  Ive lost more money than you have probably have made in your entire life...at least im in the black and not the red.

Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: