Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:37:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33314 times)
Arday1979

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:52:12 PM

The query is, "if you have a Lot of bitcoin, must you devote it or help save it?". Of system some portion of it will be expended if needed, part of it will be invested and the remaining element will be saved. I believe the principal objective of earning bitcoin is to satisfy our costs and use and not only for show, proper?
EkarlTotanes

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:54:50 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
for me its better to save all bitcoins you have earned and only only spent it on important things
Stgsurya

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:59:31 PM

I would definitely save it because Bitcoin is not the normal money you have, but is a crypto currency who's value keeps on changing. In case of Bitcoin the value is constantly increasing so it will be better to save it.
On the other hand if it seems that it's value is decreasing slowly or rapidly it will be better to spend it.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:12:49 PM

I suggest to hold bitcoin, do not rush to sell bitcoin even though price trend keeps going down. I'm sure there will be a big surprise before the end of the year, maybe the price will reach $ 7500 before the end of 2017.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:36:11 PM

If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.

This, actually, is one of the few posts that is sensible in tackling the question in the OP which I believe has been unnecessarily stretched to this point. Why would anyone have some bitcoins and not spend or invest that in the first place? The argument that one shouldn't spend their Bitcoin because it is the future of tomorrow and all that blablabla sounds like an advice from the cave. If we believe that Bitcoin is a currency of a sort, it then means it should be spent too. Aren't currencies meant to be spent or invested? Should we save when we are in dire need of our cash? Certainly not!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:44:31 PM

When you need it spend it, if not just save it to earn more and achieve more bitcoin.
Yes you're right I think you have the right to spend it after all it is the fruit of your effort and time but don't waste it to useless things because if it will be for nothing it is better to save it because maybe someday you will need it the most.

If I have a lot I will spend some of it to enjoy life by traveling in different places because I spent most of my time collecting bitcoin and it will the time that money cannot be a problem anymore even spend it on that because there is already have a savings and investment for it that can be use for any purposes. Even spending it there is a way to have it again because of stable source of income.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
FO4R

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:49:24 PM

We have more things to await in bitcoin so we better save our coins for future.
Don't spend it in unnecessary things and know your priorities. Or you just regret this after awhile.
Krispin47

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

This question is being asked many times on this forum. You can check the answers and most of them will suggest you to save/hold/reinvest your bitcoins for longer times. Now as you stated that you kept 13 cents and it became 50 cents after 7 months or so. Well that change you may find very little but with bigger investments you get bigger returns. Also, you must invest with right time, such as bitcoin price at lower side, this means you will get more bitcoins in less amount spent. Also, when the price increases the same amount of bitcoin will have more dollar value. Thats very easy calculation but basis of how you invest. Household really hold it.
If i have a lot of bitcoin. I will spend it and i will not stock it on my wallet. Im just afraid because we all know that bitcoin value is unstable so if i have many bitcoins. Maybe i will spend it to my necessary expenses like my daily needs. Foods,clothes, and budget. Or i will buy new gadgets so that i have something to prove that i have money.

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:34:27 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

I would rather do both because as we know we all can earn and at the same time spend the income we are earning because this is the fruit of our hardwork in the job we are doing. I would put up the 70 percent of my total money in savings and use the 30 percent in things I need and things I want because that is how life goes on.

▄▄
 ▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄         ▄▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████▀░░▀█████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░██░█████
█░░▀█████░░████████▄░░▄█████
 ░█░░░░░░░██████████████████
 ░░▄████████░░████████░░░░█
  █████████░██░░░░░░░░░██░█
   █████████░░░████████░░█
    ░░░░░░███████████████
     ████░░█████▀░░▀████
      ████░░░░░░░░██░██
       ██████████▄░░▄█
         ███████████
           ███████
             ███
SECURYPTO|  MONETIZING ANONYMOUS 
   CONTENT DISTRIBUTION   
|JOIN NOW
     AIR DROP!
|
FOLLOW
US ON:

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
     ████▀▀▀▀
     ███
     ███
  ██████████
  ██████████
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
|
WHITEPAPER
GITHUB
YOUTUBE
REDDIT
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:26:34 PM

I'll save it, because I think the $ 4000 price is so cheap, ideally the bitcoin price is $ 10,000 and I'm sure the 10k price will not happen soon. be patient and keep buying is better than spend it.

Yes it's better to hold your bitcoin don't spend too much bitcoin it's good to cash out only a small amount or build your own business if you have a lot bitcoin like what I'm doing I build my own business (computer shop) and I'm very thankful that I found bitcoin. I believe bitcoin can reach 5000$ again no doubt that because a lot of country are now accepting and legalized the bitcoin so patient is a virtue Cheesy

Yeah it seems that you are right because it is better to save our bitcoins to spend it. We can see the good progress of the bitcoin in the cryptocurrency world and I can say that the bitcoin is really good for investment. I predict that the bitcoin will become more valuable than before.
I will second you without having a second thought. Saving the Bitcoins mean you are constantly adding on something in your account. The way we have seen the market price of Bitcoin going this much high, I believe there is no other better option than to save the Bitcoins and wait for the right time.
joganuts

Activity: 355
Merit: 100

Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:55:35 PM

If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.
You could actually do both. It is true that people is capable on spending bitcoin if they have a lot of Bitcoin on their wallet. But if you also want to earn for future you can also save a part of it so you could earn for future or even take s part of it on an investment do you could actually have profit in the future.

SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:38:40 AM

If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.
You could actually do both. It is true that people is capable on spending bitcoin if they have a lot of Bitcoin on their wallet. But if you also want to earn for future you can also save a part of it so you could earn for future or even take s part of it on an investment do you could actually have profit in the future.
Agree and that is what i am do after i paid all of my debts, because i know that saving in bitcoin could lead us to be rich in the future, and also there is no wrong to spend bitcoin because it depends on the situation of a person who own of bitcoin. Me even now i do spending by paying all my bills every month and the rest was paying my debts. Hoping that i could start to save after this month.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Blamsud

Activity: 503

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:41:13 AM

Agree and that is what i am do after i paid all of my debts, because i know that saving in bitcoin could lead us to be rich in the future, and also there is no wrong to spend bitcoin because it depends on the situation of a person who own of bitcoin. Me even now i do spending by paying all my bills every month and the rest was paying my debts. Hoping that i could start to save after this month.
Hope you can do that, having btc as savings can really help us in the future. Having btc now is an advantage for us to have worked on having btc. Not everyone got a chance to have btc or to know btc so we should really make the most out of it.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:30:24 AM

I'll sell some of it and will keep keep some, why am I selling some? because I wanted to replace a car with a better one and also buy an apartment close to my workplace so I do not have to be jammed in the street.
Lumada

Activity: 520

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:36:46 AM

I'll sell some of it and will keep keep some, why am I selling some? because I wanted to replace a car with a better one and also buy an apartment close to my workplace so I do not have to be jammed in the street.
Maybe yoy already plenty of it thats why, if I have already olenty of it I might buy things I needed now and will definitely save some still for savings. Hope you got to sell your btc when the amount is at high. It's too low now.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:19:40 AM

What would I do if I had a lot of bitcoin?, I don't have much but how much ever I have I would just save it for future because I have heard that prices are going sky rocket in the future which would give me a profit but on the other if prices go down I'll be in  loss but I still save and take the risk.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:29:49 AM

Well essentially the bitcoin is more like gold its value will keep on increasing od decreasing with the upcoming time in my opinion you should spend half of them when their value is very very high !!! And reinvest the half of the lot 😄 ...that in any case would be better  than using all of them or saving all of them.
Cuz saving is..
Essentially a risky process....u never know what's gonna happen.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:24:28 AM

save it, wait for it to increase.
That is a good suggestion.
I suppose if someone has got a good number of bitcoin in the wallet, then there is always a panic among the user. This is all because of the price volatility and the negativity that people spread around the common people. Spending a part seems to be a wise decision, as there is no assurance about tomorrow.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:33:48 AM

Well essentially the bitcoin is more like gold its value will keep on increasing od decreasing with the upcoming time in my opinion you should spend half of them when their value is very very high !!! And reinvest the half of the lot 😄 ...that in any case would be better  than using all of them or saving all of them.
Cuz saving is..
Essentially a risky process....u never know what's gonna happen.
Why people like you think that Bitcoin's price movement is only up? Because just like now we saw a piece of how Bitcoin can fall, where the price of it reach 3854$ which is still falling until now. Making foolish assumptions like this will make your trades into a loss. Also I am not against at spending Bitcoin for profit but can you imagine the loss you will take when you lose half of your position? It will be a lot because it is your investment and based on your statement it acts like your investment and selling half of it for spending is not a good idea.
L00n3y

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:54:02 AM

If I have a lot of bitcoin in my wallet I would rather sell if the price of bitcoin is high so that I can gain a lot of profit. We can't predict what happens to bitcoin sooner or later. So as long as the price of bitcoin  is high therefore you can sell it now and I believe that it is the perfect time for you to sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: