Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703574 times)
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 01:34:15 AM

I don't know if this is of any importance or not but there seems to be a patent pending by blockstreams used "only" as defense. Or so it seems. I dont know how to read this much info so I will pass it to you guys
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160330034A1/en
What is claimed is what is important, it is still pending and not yet "granted."

Ive not looked but guessing its something to do with lightning and don't blame them after putting in all the hard work and development time you dont want someone stealing all your code like some do "BCH anyone" and then try ripping you off and taking you out
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:45:19 AM

I don't know if this is of any importance or not but there seems to be a patent pending by blockstreams used "only" as defense. Or so it seems. I dont know how to read this much info so I will pass it to you guys
What is claimed is what is important, it is still pending and not yet "granted."

Ive not looked but guessing its something to do with lightning and don't blame them after putting in all the hard work and development time you dont want someone stealing all your code like some do "BCH anyone" and then try ripping you off and taking you out
OMG the plot thickens... Blockstream Corp has taken over BTC...   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
winding-coils

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:51:50 AM

OMG the plot thickens... Blockstream Corp has taken over BTC...   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Pretty much my thoughts, and BCH as an attempt to maintain the code with increased capacity is chastised for existing by the supporters blind to the infiltration. At least this is what I have gathered so far.
falconpunch

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:53:41 AM

I thought bitcoin was supposed to be open source lol
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:47:26 AM

Pretty much my thoughts, and BCH as an attempt to maintain the code with increased capacity is chastised for existing by the supporters blind to the infiltration. At least this is what I have gathered so far.

Time to buy back my BCH... blocks are slowing down which means slower new dumps.. I hope.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:57:12 AM

New diff has kicked in: 291,428,191,068 (at height 483840)
Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:41:04 AM

Time to buy back my BCH... blocks are slowing down which means slower new dumps.. I hope.

Note that Blockstream offer all their software patents under the DPL, (modified) IPA, individual licences and have a defensive pledge and that patent is only for sidechains and only in the US. Basically anyone can use that patent but if another group tries to litigate against someone then Blockstream can use it to protect the group(s) using it, if Blockstream ever tried to use that patent "offensively" it would not hold up in court.

Thats very high level because law is not simple but ultimately they are doing as much as they can to keep software development as open and protected from trolls as possible but there will always be people bringing half truths to sell a point like "ermahgerd patent means dey be trying to take ova Bitcoin!!!"
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 05:56:48 AM

Not a single miner wasted time abandoning this did they just did and wait now to the EDA to kick in and repeat for another day or two I wonder if they will get the difficulty even lower this time
Somz1

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:12:07 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/antpool-asicboost-share-blame-for-bitcoin-network-delays

Undeniable proof why transactions are getting delayed and mining fees are going up,deliberate manipulation
zinkla

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:19:45 AM

Not a single miner wasted time abandoning this did they just did and wait now to the EDA to kick in and repeat for another day or two I wonder if they will get the difficulty even lower this time

if the price up miner will stay,  just wait n see...

bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:29:38 AM

Completely a NON-ISSUE for Bitcoin Cash, since Cash is not linking to a side chain (ie: Lightening Network) .

However , rumors are Blockstream will use it to sue Segwit2X and block their fork.

Kind of shows you that Blockstream / Greg Maxwell have been planning a takeover for years now.
LN & Segwit are their take over.

Bitcoin Cash is beyond their ability to control, since it forked before segwit infected the blockchain.

╥Aztek

This is the reason for all the centralize approach to bitcoin upgrade. I'm so happy Libertarian still exist and the ideology of decentralization will not die! No h"hostile take-over" with BCH.

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:43:24 AM

Anybody who does a normal transaction with normal fees gets confirmed quickly.

There was a time when these were not 'normal fees':

OUCH. So BTC fees are thousands of times higher than BCC. And BTC has a huge full mempool that Segwit lock-in hasn't helped AT ALL.

At this point we can objectively say that BCH is superior technology when compared to BTC. While BTC has name recognition, big investment, a cult of lemming followers, and lots of market inertia, there is really nothing else going for it. Mainstream hodlers aren't technically sophisticated enough to understand the deficiencies of Segwit, full blocks, high fees, and the coming death spiral. Meanwhile, alts pump and ICOs continue unfettered. BTC/fiat continues to skyrocket, so the crunch will be extra painful.

I think the death spiral thing is really scaring the Segwits, so much so that they have to quickly yell and scream about BCH being in a death spiral, despite no evidence of that.

I've read the death spiral argument over and I believe it's sound. Basically if BTC loses hashrate quickly, it grinds to a halt and no one can transact. The already-full mempool just goes astronomical and no blocks are mined. Since BTC has been so slow anyway, if the majority of hashing goes to BCH for even a week, BTC is in serious trouble. If BTC really does fork again, at least one of the BTC forks (probably the 1MB fork) will certainly become useless and die.

A few things wrong with that

1. Segwit just activated people are not using it yet wallets need to roll out versions that give out segwit enabled addresses
2. If BCH was the same value as BTC then the fees would be higher and thats with no volume and well under 1tx/s (currently 0.24tx/s) and block times being 5x faster now what will happen if volume was to increase substantially and block times normalised at 10 mins and people started spamming the mempool constantly im sure things would change
3. The network has not been stress tested to see if it can cope with constant full large blocks it will take considerably longer to verify the block which will mean more empty blocks being mined BTC gets empty blocks mined because a new one is found on the headers of the previous before its verified now multiply that by 8

Segwit won't help the congestion and fees and everybody knows it. The people spamming will not use the new Segwit transaction format so the mempool will remain full. Confirmations will be slow and the mempool will be full. Facts. Blockstream hoped that people would have NO CHOICE but to use Lightning, but everyone here knows that any one of 10 top alts are 100x more fungible and useful than LN.

If BCH was the same value as BTC then the fees would be higher and thats with no volume

This makes no sense. BCH can and does handle 8x the number of transactions of BTC. If anything, the value of BCH would increase and BTC would decrease as a RESULT of this fact. Same thing with fees, average BCH fees are 1/1700th (0.0588235%) of the average BTC fees, which in an open market would result in BCH value rising and BTC value falling. Let's say BCH was running with full blocks - it's still handling 8x as much commerce. If there is demand for 16x the current BTC on-chain transactions, perhaps the BCH fees would rise somewhat, but it's a long way to get to 1700x...

Furthemore, the BCH network absolutely HAS been stress tested - it survived its release into a hostile environment, during the height of contention about the path forward for Bitcoin. Shortly after launch, the BCH blockchain was spammed, but it cleared the entire spam transaction backlog in a single 8MB block (which was a thing of beauty for those of us watching full blocks for all of these years!). Next, BTC network was stress tested in the same manner (roughly the same number of spam transactions were sent), and it completely fell flat on its face, as it has done so many times in the last 4 years!

btcuser11

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:00:24 AM

Anyone wanting to watch segwitcoin die, here are some recent quotes from the segwitcoin forum.
Its a shame, to transfer $10 will cost me $5, this is not how bitcoin should be. very disappointed
You are as dumb as the person who post that.Why? Because you don't know that bitcoin fees depend on transaction size not on amount.Hell,you can send a million $ with 5$ fee in bitcoin network as long as you have 256 byte transaction (considering 400sat/byte fee)

Agreed with you this thread is full of some funny posts actually in the end BCH will lose more value in coming days I don't think this coin has any future without any adoption I sold my all coins in recent pump and keeping the funds into bitcoin.
Agreed with you. This thread is full of some funny posts. Actually in the end BCH will lose more value in coming days. I don't think this coin has any future without any adoption. I sold my all coins in recent pump and keeping the funds into bitcoin.

Ur welcome.
Bitzure

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 07:01:32 AM

Hi everyone!

BitcoinCash has been added to Bitzure!
Bitzure is a new exchange made by traders for the traders and are actively looking at new digital currencies to add!

https://bitzure.com/markets/bccbtc

Quick Links:

theleaf

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:16:33 AM

OUCH. So BTC fees are thousands of times higher than BCC. And BTC has a huge full mempool that Segwit lock-in hasn't helped AT ALL.

At this point we can objectively say that BCH is superior technology when compared to BTC. While BTC has name recognition, big investment, a cult of lemming followers, and lots of market inertia, there is really nothing else going for it. Mainstream hodlers aren't technically sophisticated enough to understand the deficiencies of Segwit, full blocks, high fees, and the coming death spiral. Meanwhile, alts pump and ICOs continue unfettered. BTC/fiat continues to skyrocket, so the crunch will be extra painful.

I think the death spiral thing is really scaring the Segwits, so much so that they have to quickly yell and scream about BCH being in a death spiral, despite no evidence of that.

I've read the death spiral argument over and I believe it's sound. Basically if BTC loses hashrate quickly, it grinds to a halt and no one can transact. The already-full mempool just goes astronomical and no blocks are mined. Since BTC has been so slow anyway, if the majority of hashing goes to BCH for even a week, BTC is in serious trouble. If BTC really does fork again, at least one of the BTC forks (probably the 1MB fork) will certainly become useless and die.

A few things wrong with that

1. Segwit just activated people are not using it yet wallets need to roll out versions that give out segwit enabled addresses
2. If BCH was the same value as BTC then the fees would be higher and thats with no volume and well under 1tx/s (currently 0.24tx/s) and block times being 5x faster now what will happen if volume was to increase substantially and block times normalised at 10 mins and people started spamming the mempool constantly im sure things would change
3. The network has not been stress tested to see if it can cope with constant full large blocks it will take considerably longer to verify the block which will mean more empty blocks being mined BTC gets empty blocks mined because a new one is found on the headers of the previous before its verified now multiply that by 8

Segwit won't help the congestion and fees and everybody knows it. The people spamming will not use the new Segwit transaction format so the mempool will remain full. Confirmations will be slow and the mempool will be full. Facts. Blockstream hoped that people would have NO CHOICE but to use Lightning, but everyone here knows that any one of 10 top alts are 100x more fungible and useful than LN.

If BCH was the same value as BTC then the fees would be higher and thats with no volume

This makes no sense. BCH can and does handle 8x the number of transactions of BTC. If anything, the value of BCH would increase and BTC would decrease as a RESULT of this fact. Same thing with fees, average BCH fees are 1/1700th (0.0588235%) of the average BTC fees, which in an open market would result in BCH value rising and BTC value falling. Let's say BCH was running with full blocks - it's still handling 8x as much commerce. If there is demand for 16x the current BTC on-chain transactions, perhaps the BCH fees would rise somewhat, but it's a long way to get to 1700x...

Furthemore, the BCH network absolutely HAS been stress tested - it survived its release into a hostile environment, during the height of contention about the path forward for Bitcoin. Shortly after launch, the BCH blockchain was spammed, but it cleared the entire spam transaction backlog in a single 8MB block (which was a thing of beauty for those of us watching full blocks for all of these years!). Next, BTC network was stress tested in the same manner (roughly the same number of spam transactions were sent), and it completely fell flat on its face, as it has done so many times in the last 4 years!

Time will tell which is a superior chain, but on a safe side, it might be a good idea to have Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. Some people value bitxoin by adding the value of both bitcoin n bitcoin cash.
theleaf

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:26:54 AM

This is a 1 way street, as time passes, the transaction fees will only getting higher n higher.
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:32:54 AM

Completely a NON-ISSUE for Bitcoin Cash, since Cash is not linking to a side chain (ie: Lightening Network) .

However , rumors are Blockstream will use it to sue Segwit2X and block their fork.

Kind of shows you that Blockstream / Greg Maxwell have been planning a takeover for years now.

Bitcoin Cash is beyond their ability to control, since it forked before segwit infected the blockchain.

╥Aztek

This is the reason for all the centralize approach to bitcoin upgrade. I'm so happy Libertarian still exist and the ideology of decentralization will not die! No h"hostile take-over" with BCH.

i am astonished that people in crypto do not see what lightning is its the aproche to get a monopol on day to day transactions like giro banking does.

and with that patent pending it does not mean they want to protect there work it means they want to steal the gift satoshi gave the world und the unbanked .

theleaf

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:37:51 AM

╥Aztek

i am astonished that people in crypto do not see what lightning is its the aproche to get a monopol on day to day transactions like giro banking does.

and with that patent pending it does not mean they want to protect there work it means they want to steal the gift satoshi gave the world und the unbanked .

segwit activated, increase blocksize 2mb, lighting network...Look like Bitcoin is becoming more centralized, however, its value remain n increase due to mass market adoption, we dont see this with bitcoin cash, @ least not at the moment.
Bitzure

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 07:44:36 AM

segwit activated, increase blocksize 2mb, lighting network...Look like Bitcoin is becoming more centralized, however, its value remain n increase due to mass market adoption, we dont see this with bitcoin cash, @ least not at the moment.

It could go either way really, if bitcoin cash gets more attention/traction it will change otherwise who knows! Mass adoption is key though.
serby10101010001100010

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:18:30 AM

It could go either way really, if bitcoin cash gets more attention/traction it will change otherwise who knows! Mass adoption is key though.

Let the market decide
Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: