Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 63963 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:42:18 PM

I know a guy who can hard fork off of PivX. Question is, what is the compensation?
Thats great to hear, what is his achievements so far?
Is he reliable?
Would he be willing to commit to quark for a while?
What do you think is an appropriate compensation for him to receive from the quark community?

I don't think we can put quark in the hands of unknown persons who can vanish as quickly as they appear.

I will even wait for max and his glacial time frames rather than let unknown person not even part of the quark community.

Unless this guy who can fork quark is a know developer to this board let's wait for max or speca.

Would be good if we could grab the attention of a proven dev here but we would need to give them incentive.

Yeah, I'd have to agree re: adding a developer that has no affiliation nor significant ongoing financial incentive.

FYI everyone, so far, the hybrid POS/POW code that was released in the present beta has been working for everyone testing it as far as I understand.

As stated, I would support a coin swap, as I do believe it would be that fastest way forward, however, there is currently code that exists for Quark that introduces the hybrid hashing algorithm and there is currently untested masternode code that hopefully Max can test over the next while if we proceed with a release of the hybrid code.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:42:26 AM

Max didn't do much ?
Ohhh thats what i predicted and got instantly attacked how productiv he is .
When Max is running over 10 coins each and everyone a premine desaster than there is no wonder he is not working on Quark since there is no possibility to milk it anymore.
I told people over a month ago to leave Quark asap since it will die because of the chinese regulations.
I got thanked by many old users back from 2012/13 .
You describe Quark as unique.
I would like to inform people that Quark is not unique at all.
Its a clone of a russian coin which Max used.Its not even his own code.
And i can predict something more that this coin is going to die in the next 6 months since regulations are going to ban it from any exchange in the world.
You would need first to create a product since Quark won't pass the regulations as coin.
But since i know the big bag holders won't raise a finger to get something done i can tell you guys Quark has no chance to pass regulations which will come soon even in western countries.

Btw back in 2013 people arround Max claimed he is working hard on updates for over 6 months.When a programer checked what he did it was 6 lines of code changed. Cheesy
Seems history is repeating since i heard since june how hard Max is working

What are you on about now. If quark has to be banned from every exchange then so does every pow coin including bitcoin and litecoin. POW distributed coins are not going to be banned. Even china is not fully out yet. They are looking to regulate not ban many say. Then there is many other countries that are actively adopting crypto (bitcoin for now)

There was no premine as has been proven many times before, the mining phase is above board for a short phase pow coin. I have proven this many times. SO if pow coins pass regulations quark will pass regulations.

If pow coins do not then bitcoin is banned too.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:45:24 AM

I know a guy who can hard fork off of PivX. Question is, what is the compensation?
Thats great to hear, what is his achievements so far?
Is he reliable?
Would he be willing to commit to quark for a while?
What do you think is an appropriate compensation for him to receive from the quark community?

I don't think we can put quark in the hands of unknown persons who can vanish as quickly as they appear.

I will even wait for max and his glacial time frames rather than let unknown person not even part of the quark community.

Unless this guy who can fork quark is a know developer to this board let's wait for max or speca.

Would be good if we could grab the attention of a proven dev here but we would need to give them incentive.

Yeah, I'd have to agree re: adding a developer that has no affiliation nor significant ongoing financial incentive.

FYI everyone, so far, the hybrid POS/POW code that was released in the present beta has been working for everyone testing it as far as I understand.

As stated, I would support a coin swap, as I do believe it would be that fastest way forward, however, there is currently code that exists for Quark that introduces the hybrid hashing algorithm and there is currently untested masternode code that hopefully Max can test over the next while if we proceed with a release of the hybrid code.

Well that does introduce an element of hope. For now this is the best option we have if max is not going to personally fork pivX for us then we have to follow his path. I would rather jump to a copy of pivx but since we have no person here that can do it right now then we will have to go step by step for now at max's snail pace.

_flatlands_

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:50:43 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 03:48:44 AM by _flatlands_

Can the moderator just ban Thule.

He has no credibility since asking for donations to promote Quark whilst at the same time calling it a scam.

He is just trolling.
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:13:18 PM

One positive thing about losing btc38, the price dropping and the failed attempts to update quarks code is that everyone can see the problems quark have.
Dumpers exist with every coin, yet despite the continual dumping, the coin survives and the community grows. It does not matter who owns what and who sells what, its a free world, the problem I have is not dumping because one would like to sell, but market manipulation, by dumping with the intention of causing panic selloff to acquire the same coins back you just dumped for a fraction of what they were worth before you dumped. I have heard this is widespread common practice not only confined to quark.
It disgusts me
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:14:38 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 12:41:17 AM by cryptohunter

One positive thing about losing btc38, the price dropping and the failed attempts to update quarks code is that everyone can see the problems quark have.
Dumpers exist with every coin, yet despite the continual dumping, the coin survives and the community grows. It does not matter who owns what and who sells what, its a free world, the problem I have is not dumping because one would like to sell, but market manipulation, by dumping with the intention of causing panic selloff to acquire the same coins back you just dumped for a fraction of what they were worth before you dumped. I have heard this is widespread common practice not only confined to quark.
It disgusts me

This is not only not confined to quark it is present in much stronger terms in many other coins.

I insist NOBODY including max got easy quark from mining. I was there at the launch and if you mined you got quark the same as everyone else.

Same for the markets nobody ever did anything much with quark (max) so i don't think he got many explaining why the coin was left to sink to near these levels for months before bill helped raise interest and price.

Max probably still does not have many hence his not giving a much time or effort to the project.

In fact the largest whales accumulated their quarks at a much higher price so I have no idea what they are thinking it's like they bought tons up and just forgot about it.

If a coin swap was done i would guess many whales and a huge amount of quark would not even get swapped.

If anyone wants to dispute anything i have said here bring evidence to support your statements.

Quark is  a strange project and up unitl now a huge wasted opportunity.

Sadly the best chance we have right now is to just wait it out for max to review each improvement a slowly integrate it with quark.

Although he will not explain or has not explained why we must go through all this instead of just jumping straight to pivx latest build.

I can only imagine (although this is speculation from a non tech view) he is not fully versed on all the pivX implementations and would not know what to do at this stage if something went wrong.  After all pivx has like 20 devs working on it.  I guess now we just have to wait for max's reviews as and when he has time. This is not a great position to be in but he is a proven developer and until we have a better option there is no point of putting a unknown developer with not ties to quark and no reputation on this board in charge of a 4 yr old coin that has kept going all this time.

I do not want max as lead dev because he is too slow and does not give enough time to quark and does not answer simple questions on this thread. Although right now there is no better option sadly. He obviously can not be that money driven else he would be buying all this up at 100-50 sats and putting some effort to get this back to 10000 sats or greater.

I think he simply has a good real life job and is probably already wealthy and not hungry enough to do all the work needed to bring quark to the level we need. So therefore he is not suitable for a lead dev position and would be better to suited to just code reviews as he has said.

The course of action should be this.

1. group buy a ton of quark at these levels and created a development pot to attract some know and good dev teams

or

agree the new code base with comes with a large and worthy dev tax for them

released only for milestones acheived

2. use our contacts on this board to make sure developers realise the opportunity here.

Icos are now dangerous. Quark is a pow coin where essentially the devs can not only accumulated a lot at 100 sats levels but also have a constant reasonable flow of quark for their efforts to rebuild a very famous and mature project.

OR

we just have to wait for max or specca to come through with something. Max is apparently going to review masternodes to go with the pos that has been already integrated so there is some hope there but it will be a long haul and this project needs much faster pace.

Speca is learning more crypto but starting a new job in a new country? that says to me very little time left for other things for quite some time.

My last post asking max a straight question was deleted by him . We will need to start a new thread if legitimate questions simply enquiring again why we are going step by step here rather than straight to a new pivx latest build  are deleted. This is not the sort of moderation a decentralised open source project should have.

quarkcoin (OP)

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:30:04 PM

Quark v0.10.6.1 - POS/POW hybrid for Quark

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.6.1

POS parameters:
- 3.5% pa POS interest
- 30 days minimum stake age
- Activates block 4937000 (est 25 Nov 2017)

POS staking is enbled by default. To prevent staking use -reservebalance=x (where x is amount to reserve for non-staking) or -staking=0 parameter.

Upgrade notes:
- Backup your Quark data directory before upgrading (in particular your wallet.dat)
- A database reindex is required the first time Quark 0.10.6 is run on an old installation, e.g.
   run qt with:  quark-qt -reindex
   run daemon with: quarkd -reindex --daemon
   or click OK on the prompt to rebuild database.
   Note: This can take a few hours.
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:07:37 PM

Quark v0.10.6.1 - POS/POW hybrid for Quark

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.6.1

POS parameters:
- 3.5% pa POS interest
- 30 days minimum stake age
- Activates block 4937000 (est 25 Nov 2017)

POS staking is enbled by default. To prevent staking use -reservebalance=x (where x is amount to reserve for non-staking) or -staking=0 parameter.

Upgrade notes:
- Backup your Quark data directory before upgrading (in particular your wallet.dat)
- A database reindex is required the first time Quark 0.10.6 is run on an old installation, e.g.
   run qt with:  quark-qt -reindex
   run daemon with: quarkd -reindex --daemon
   or click OK on the prompt to rebuild database.
   Note: This can take a few hours.

This is a fantastic news everyone was waiting for! Downloading the new release and try it now. Waiting for the activation block to get more excited! Well done guys!
Mathgamain

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 08:03:52 PM

I support Cryptohunters plan (and can donate some QRK for the community).

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:32:08 PM

I support Cryptohunters plan (and can donate some QRK for the community).

ditto that.

Am upgrading now, thanks for the new release.
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:32:19 AM

This is not only not confined to quark it is present in much stronger terms in many other coins.

I insist NOBODY including max got easy quark from mining. I was there at the launch and if you mined you got quark the same as everyone else.

Same for the markets nobody ever did anything much with quark (max) so i don't think he got many explaining why the coin was left to sink to near these levels for months before bill helped raise interest and price.

Max probably still does not have many hence his not giving a much time or effort to the project.

In fact the largest whales accumulated their quarks at a much higher price so I have no idea what they are thinking it's like they bought tons up and just forgot about it.

If a coin swap was done i would guess many whales and a huge amount of quark would not even get swapped.

If anyone wants to dispute anything i have said here bring evidence to support your statements.

Quark is  a strange project and up unitl now a huge wasted opportunity.

Sadly the best chance we have right now is to just wait it out for max to review each improvement a slowly integrate it with quark.

Although he will not explain or has not explained why we must go through all this instead of just jumping straight to pivx latest build.

I can only imagine (although this is speculation from a non tech view) he is not fully versed on all the pivX implementations and would not know what to do at this stage if something went wrong.  After all pivx has like 20 devs working on it.  I guess now we just have to wait for max's reviews as and when he has time. This is not a great position to be in but he is a proven developer and until we have a better option there is no point of putting a unknown developer with not ties to quark and no reputation on this board in charge of a 4 yr old coin that has kept going all this time.

I do not want max as lead dev because he is too slow and does not give enough time to quark and does not answer simple questions on this thread. Although right now there is no better option sadly. He obviously can not be that money driven else he would be buying all this up at 100-50 sats and putting some effort to get this back to 10000 sats or greater.

I think he simply has a good real life job and is probably already wealthy and not hungry enough to do all the work needed to bring quark to the level we need. So therefore he is not suitable for a lead dev position and would be better to suited to just code reviews as he has said.

The course of action should be this.

1. group buy a ton of quark at these levels and created a development pot to attract some know and good dev teams

or

agree the new code base with comes with a large and worthy dev tax for them

released only for milestones acheived

2. use our contacts on this board to make sure developers realise the opportunity here.

Icos are now dangerous. Quark is a pow coin where essentially the devs can not only accumulated a lot at 100 sats levels but also have a constant reasonable flow of quark for their efforts to rebuild a very famous and mature project.

OR

we just have to wait for max or specca to come through with something. Max is apparently going to review masternodes to go with the pos that has been already integrated so there is some hope there but it will be a long haul and this project needs much faster pace.

Speca is learning more crypto but starting a new job in a new country? that says to me very little time left for other things for quite some time.

My last post asking max a straight question was deleted by him . We will need to start a new thread if legitimate questions simply enquiring again why we are going step by step here rather than straight to a new pivx latest build  are deleted. This is not the sort of moderation a decentralised open source project should have.

I'll ask him about the deletion - I agree that's not the sort of environment we should be fostering. I think he's feeling attacked and is of the opinion that although things have been slow he's put a lot of effort over years and doesn't feel as if he deserves some of the sentiment going around.

I agree that development should be quicker. I also recognize that Max, while dedicated, is also busy and needs support. We've been through two coding groups to date - the second did produce the POS/POW code that is in the current release that Max just issued after it passed our beta testing on slack and internally, and they have added masternode code as well that is currently dormant pending review. The masternode code should be looked at and be debugged starting in several weeks - I am hoping that not long after the Nov 25th hard fork that we can get the masternode version released and hard fork for it planned as well, however, I recognize that timelines have not been quite that reliable to date.

I would support bringing on additional developer manpower and have stated I would contribute as well. If anyone has anyone they feel is reliable then they can contact us. Max has also stated that he is always willing to work with others as well, so that's not an issue.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:48:37 AM

Orphans are not created by miners my friend.so keep bullshiting that it was someone else who was collecting all the coins.
What did DI (Kolin Evans) wrote ?That he has Rigs mining Quark from the beginning ?

Quite possible but lamb got tons of the coins and even i mined tons on my few rigs and a later on i rented some servers to mine and got over a million so anyone had the chance to accumulate millions of coins.

|Get that into your skull once and for all.

All anyone needed was a few quad cores left running for a few weeks and you got way over a million quark.

Has that registered inside your mind yet?

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:54:28 AM

Doesnt change the fact that DI and Max had overhelming majority of coins.
lam had also orphans at the beginning which means the only one who were able to get the big amounts of coins were Max and DI

1. how to prove this ?
2. stephen lam goes on to say have 120k after 39 mins?
3. i mined over 1 million on a few quad cores and 2 servers.

this is proof anyone could mine tons of quark

you cant say this about many coins ever launched period.

You may well have a point somewhere in the history of quark there was collusion and scamming.

The mining phase was fine compared to all other pow launches i was on in fact it was one of the easiest to get coins.

end of story.

I would bet all devs launch and get some coins... but obviously didnt get many compared to those that premine 5% of entire pow which was all the rage then. And not enough that he ever bothered even developing quark at all or pumping it...just left it to sink to nothing for months on end?

makes no sense what you are saying.

Lam must have grabbed millions and millions his hash power was known to all real miners back then. you would know that if you were one like i was. I was on nearly every pow launch back then and none were as easy as quark to get a good share for someone with just a handful of rigs.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:18:09 AM

First of all there were just a few miners since it was nowhere announced only at BCT where it also doesn't had much attention.

You are such a misleading bastard.
Everyone could thats right but only a few knew about that coins and thats a fact.
So just because a few people knew about that coin and because makes created orphans for DI doesn't change the fact that this was and still is a coin to scam people.
Funny that the early miners are also working with Max together on other coins.All the same structur and same jump and dump shit.

You can post as much as you want your BS.People have a brain and will see these facts.
You are so afraid of these facts that you guys even decided to create a new moderated thread so you can scam new people who won't be able to read the older post from people warning about your fucking group and scam attempts.

Everyone except you has a brain you mean.

Let me break down your argument as i always do to inspect closely the false accusations.

1. It was released in an ann here like all other pow coins of the time - how did they ensure it got less attention than the other anns? magic?
2. i actually mined most of my bulk of quark at a later stage not the first days.
3. makers created orphans for di??? what is this crazy talk??? when ever there were low diff and lots of hash power competition there were lots of orphans for me.
4. Im an early miner and never worked with max on anything. Besides does not change the fact anyone could mine millions with a few quad core rigs.
5. people with a brain will realise your arguments are nonsense
6. I have decided we should not have a moderated thread because now legitimate questions are deleted not just mindless crazy talk like yours.
7. People can press search and find the old thread because they have a brain and realised quark did not start a few weeks ago.
8. Your accusations about me personally are insane and groundless. Bring evidence about me being part of a group attempting to scam or stfu. So far you brought NOTHING at all except i hold quark i fairly mined. WOW

I mined fairly on a handful of servers over 1 million quark. Deal with that fact. It proves anyone could and the bulk of that 1 million was not even in the first days. I think people got bored of quark and left to mine other new pow launches that were coming out by the day back then.

Now having hopefully penetrated your skull with facts demonstrating now that you are wrong about the mining phase you can go and focus on finding real evidence regarding real events that you can demonstrate actually happened. Or just be quiet if you can not.

Why not buy some 100 sats quark and stop being so bitter and nuts. DI is gone apparently according to your all dumped out and max is deleting my posts asking simple questions so soon there will be a new quark . Be constructive or just vanish otherwise what is the point of you? warning others? go warn others about real provable scams and insta icos. spend your time better.

The fact you may be correct about some scamming and manipulation in quark before does not mean you have the right to imply honest miners are scammers or that the mining phase was not as other mining phases of that time. it was fairer than nearly all other short phase pow coins for sure.

The fact remains if quark was unfair in terms of mining so are all other short phase pow coins on this board.

nuttynoah

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:03:56 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2017, 01:05:17 PM by nuttynoah

Nodes on 0.10.6.1 in last 48 hours

addnode 112.74.214.166 add
addnode 116.5.31.54 add
addnode 116.93.97.12 add
addnode 169.0.222.189 add
addnode 207.191.199.128 add
addnode 208.94.242.218 add
addnode 84.97.166.98 add
addnode 104.162.65.166 add
addnode 117.15.55.188 add
addnode 122.226.185.67 add
addnode 124.91.210.206 add
addnode 183.240.20.29 add
addnode 203.93.162.46 add
addnode 62.228.117.13 add
addnode 70.82.215.199 add
addnode 77.250.222.254 add
nixon98

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:12:35 PM

Can the Moderator delete the above post and ban DI from this thread and all his sockpuppets.
Deja vu anyone?

hey, my sincerest apologies you know how i get all 'caught up' in this stuff..  

it feels like a whole universe away now - hope no one takes anything personally.

be well all

: )

I would advice everyone to change their passwords on this site asap.
I just lost the above quoted account, nixon99. I'd had for 3 years.  I can no longer login.  The password has been changed and not by me.
Bit of a coincidence don't you think.
Yet the moderators in this thread seem oblivious to his posts and dealings.
RueDuSite

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:08:00 PM

I followed the tutorial to install the wallet QUARK and its bootstrap.
Thanks Dev, it works well.
The advantage of Quark is the equitable distribution of money and the whole project that is coming.
Long Life Quark
valutov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:21:55 AM

~~~~ Hello everybody! Hi Colin, I really like your music!

just saw this - regards

you like it ? do you think i will be a star one day?

stay well everyone.

Definitely, you have great talent. This music is original
_flatlands_

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:24:11 PM

What's the plan to get on larger exchanges?  (and maybe new ones too eg UpBit)
walnutplug

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:25:43 PM

Great levels to throw a few bucks at Quark.  Kiss
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: