Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:40:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199690 times)
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:41:53 AM

You trust way too match in FBI..... all I know if they take MY crypto one day they will have to give it all back!

Yeah its mine even if its was on BTC-e

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 02:54:11 AM

I am going to try to explain this to you guys in very simple terms and short sentences, in the hope that everyone understands it:

* BTC-e is gone.  It will never come back online
* BTC-e's servers have been seized by the USA FBI
* The USDOJ indictment of BTC-e was from JANUARY 2017
* It was only unsealed after Alex Vinnik vacationed in Greece and they saw an opportunity to arrest him
* The USDOJ sat on the sealed indictment for SEVEN MONTHS waiting for Alex Vinnik to leave whatever safe-haven country he was in so they could arrest him.  Then he went to Greece for "holiday" and they swooped in.  They were sitting on this for the last seven months.  Waiting.
* BTC-e had servers in Secaucus, New Jersey, USA.  This is easily verifiable if you look up the DNS history for btc-e.com and blockchain history.  They had at least SIX different IP addresses acting as either full bitcoin nodes or at least wallets from 2011-2014.  The were running their servers in USA.  Just as the USDOJ indictment says they were.
* The FBI had access to the servers for a long time.  They likely monitored them with pensticks (bridge adapters that dump all network traffic to a connected hard drive) and took images of the servers' hard disks.  They could have done this easily and it could have been done frequently over the last few years.  The server were only just seized this last week, but they probably already had been monitoring the servers the last year+

The FBI has everything.  BTC-e is gone.  Anyone remaining at BTC-e are FUGITIVES from USA FBI and will definitely disappear or be caught. 

That's quite the clusterfuck right there. I read something on reddit that was from the btc-e team regarding next moves and it looked kinda promising.. can't find it at the moment but will update this post if I see it again.

phineas562

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:07:49 AM

FBI don't have the private keys/encryption keys.....otherwise the whole thing would have played differently by now.

No.... I believe from empirical evidence, there is an attempt to re-establish and bona-fide users' interests are being protected by the operators in order to keep their own money tree intact....best answer for them. Who knows whether they are negotiating a way out of this mess with the FBI right now? Ultimately everyone has a preferred outcome and this is just business.....negotiating a future acceptable to all. Obviously various parties hold various cards.....so negotiation is the most sensible thing for all. Ultimately, btc-e want to operate an exchange, we want our money and USA want to be satisfied there is oversight. How the USA leash the zealots at the FBI depends on everyone involved coming to an equitable settlement.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:43:24 AM

Kraken, Poloniex and many others are registered in USA and they are unlicensed money services business. Smiley

they will be next.

Keep trolling, Poloniex have been licensed for years.

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2015.05.19-Open-Letter

really ?
Financial Regulator Registration Poloniex isn't a regulated platform, but it did register with the FinCEN with MSB registration number 310000918440. Note that the latter isn't required and it wouldn't represent a "recommendation, certification of legitimacy, or endorsement of the business by any government agency".
Operating License Not regulated (see Financial Regulator Registration and Service Disruptions & Unbusinesslike Conduct)
Or

http://digiconomist.net/fraud-risk-assessment-poloniex

https://cointelegraph.com/news/license-required-poloniex-bitfinex-will-stop-operations-in-washington

Poloniex don't do fiat, hence money, until such time as US laws treat crypto as money, which will be a constitutional nightmare.

The Washington laws are the states attempt to wind up crypto exchanges altogether.
Expect other states to follow. BTC-e made the mistake/choice to take fiat so they stuck their head in the noose.

There is a war on, the US government is trying to kill crypto exchanges, but they will eventually fail because the next wave is decentralized exchanges via the lightning and other side chain nets.

In the meantime, crypto exchanges will be forced to ban trade with US citizens, thus forcing crypto underground, or take the government to court on constitutional grounds.

Should be entertaining to watch.

stewart2012

Activity: 560
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:54:48 AM

I am going to try to explain this to you guys in very simple terms and short sentences, in the hope that everyone understands it:

* BTC-e is gone.  It will never come back online
* BTC-e's servers have been seized by the USA FBI
* The USDOJ indictment of BTC-e was from JANUARY 2017
* It was only unsealed after Alex Vinnik vacationed in Greece and they saw an opportunity to arrest him
* The USDOJ sat on the sealed indictment for SEVEN MONTHS waiting for Alex Vinnik to leave whatever safe-haven country he was in so they could arrest him.  Then he went to Greece for "holiday" and they swooped in.  They were sitting on this for the last seven months.  Waiting.
* BTC-e had servers in Secaucus, New Jersey, USA.  This is easily verifiable if you look up the DNS history for btc-e.com and blockchain history.  They had at least SIX different IP addresses acting as either full bitcoin nodes or at least wallets from 2011-2014.  The were running their servers in USA.  Just as the USDOJ indictment says they were.
* The FBI had access to the servers for a long time.  They likely monitored them with pensticks (bridge adapters that dump all network traffic to a connected hard drive) and took images of the servers' hard disks.  They could have done this easily and it could have been done frequently over the last few years.  The server were only just seized this last week, but they probably already had been monitoring the servers the last year+

The FBI has everything.  BTC-e is gone.  Anyone remaining at BTC-e are FUGITIVES from USA FBI and will definitely disappear or be caught. 

you are so smart person ... like your comment  Smiley Smiley Cool
YesLOST

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:34:00 AM

blablabla
* BTC-e is gone.  It will never come back online
blablabla

You are very delusional and you didnt read the last statement, there you go:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2056158.0
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:59:49 AM

blablabla
blablabla

Wasn't this already posted a few days ago??

More detailed information about what happened to the BTC-e service

On July 25, 11:00 the FBI staff came to the data center where our server equipment was located and seized all the equipment, servers and databases of our service were on the servers.

Almost 6 days we could not get from our hosting provider the sane information, what happened to our servers, because of this information we publish only now.

July 28, the domain was confiscated.

At the moment, part of the service is arrested by the FBI.

The next update will provide information on what options are available to restore the service, as well as the procedure for obtaining funds, in the event that the service is not started. In the current situation, if the service is not started before the end of August, then from September 1 we will start the process of refund.
In the next 1-2 weeks, we will evaluate and publish information about how much money fell into the hands of the FBI and what amount of money is available for return.

For all those who buried us, I will remind you that the service has always worked on trust, and we are ready to answer for it.
The funds will be returned to everyone!

The arrest of Russian Alexander Vinnik:
Officially declare - Alexander was never the head or employee of our service.

Sincerely btc-e

P.S. In the subject write questions, as far as possible we will answer them.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
stingray454

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:08:45 AM

While I don't doubt they intend to get it up and running again, I'm curious to see exactly what will happen. With apparently some funds seized, FBI shutting them down and so on, there can definitely be issues coming online again. While I certainly hope they will be back (with my money), I'm still in an "I'll believe it when I see it"-stance.
MAbtc

Merit: 508

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:29:32 AM

While I don't doubt they intend to get it up and running again, I'm curious to see exactly what will happen. With apparently some funds seized, FBI shutting them down and so on, there can definitely be issues coming online again. While I certainly hope they will be back (with my money), I'm still in an "I'll believe it when I see it"-stance.

That's the most sensible stance. There were a couple troubling things in the statement. They should know exactly what was seized and what was not. They shouldn't need to slow roll over the course of the next week or two. They should know which bank accounts are frozen, and they should know what servers (therefore wallets) were seized. One would hope that any servers within reach of the FBI would only have customer/hot wallets, with keys encrypted. But with these 66k BTC transfers floating around, who knows.... Undecided
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:30:40 AM

blablabla
blablabla

you are lost, mate. Smiley

unrealistic beliefs? maybe you are new in this shit, called the e-currency world. BTC-e is gone and it will remain like now. Nobody will see any funds back. if you want to deceive(drug) yourself with the thought  that they will be back online, then it's OK.

those "veterans" who are saying that BTC-e will come back, are either stupids, either shills. Smiley
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:16:15 AM

blablabla
blablabla

Unfortunately, I think any service in BTC-e's position will make a similar statement. Pretty vague, really. Now we are supposed to wait another week or two for another empty statement, and then the updates will become further and further apart.

I really, really hope I'm wrong. Undecided

YesLOST

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:40:28 AM

blablabla
blablabla

unrealistic beliefs? maybe you are new in this shit, called the e-currency world. BTC-e is gone and it will remain like now. Nobody will see any funds back. if you want to deceive(drug) yourself with the thought  that they will be back online, then it's OK.

those "veterans" who are saying that BTC-e will come back, are either stupids, either shills. Smiley

I used e-gold already while you were trying to figure out how to eat.

Of course people will see their funds, well probably only half of it. We do not know exactly how much, but every word of btce is trustworthy, they simple have not a single reason to be lying to us at this moment.

Your westernized thoughts believe in the mighty wrath of the USA - it is based on facts and at the same delusional but its okay. However, the rest of the world knows that they cannot get their fingers into everything. You wouldn't know, you country is basically a puppet of a puppet.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:12:14 AM

Poloniex don't do fiat, hence money, until such time as US laws treat crypto as money, which will be a constitutional nightmare.
In 2013 Silk Road was seized. Ross's lawyer argued in 2014 that Ross could not be guilty of money laundering because bitcoin is not money, but property. The Judge shoots down this argument by stating that "it's close enough to be considered money".

Ross lost the case and was sentenced for money laundering, among other things

Consequently: bitcoin is to be defined as money.

erk

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:22:30 AM

In 2013 Silk Road was seized. Ross's lawyer argued in 2014 that Ross could not be guilty of money laundering because bitcoin is not money, but property. The Judge shoots down this argument by stating that "it's close enough to be considered money".

Except the constitution defines money.

You can read some of the arguments here:

http://www.tmtperspectives.com/2014/02/28/does-the-constitution-have-anything-to-say-about-bitcoin-and-money-laundering/

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:23:19 AM

blablabla
blablabla

I used e-gold already while you were trying to figure out how to eat.

Of course people will see their funds, well probably only half of it. We do not know exactly how much, but every word of btce is trustworthy, they simple have not a single reason to be lying to us at this moment.

Your westernized thoughts believe in the mighty wrath of the USA - it is based on facts and at the same delusional but its okay. However, the rest of the world knows that they cannot get their fingers into everything. You wouldn't know, you country is basically a puppet of a puppet.

hehe, I used e-gold too and osgold and many others so, I know everything about the shit called e-currency. you are dreaming and it seems you didn't learn anything during this time.

BTC-e is not e-gold and keep in mind that the laws have been changed since then.

BTW, I bet you were a Picpay fan   Cheesy Cheesy

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

http://www.tmtperspectives.com/2014/02/28/does-the-constitution-have-anything-to-say-about-bitcoin-and-money-laundering/
Irrelevant. As the Slik Road case just proved.

erk

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:47:45 PM

It's not irrelevant because constitutional law takes precedent over case law.
Just because the Silk Road defendant didn't bother to take the matter to the supreme court as an error in law, doesn't mean others wont. Ulbricht faced much more serious charges than arguing the technicalities of money laundering, he got life for drug trafficking, which was over the top even according to the prosecution, the judge was trying to send a message to drug traffickers.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:08:14 PM

It's not irrelevant because constitutional law takes precedent over case law.
Just because the Silk Road defendant didn't bother to take the matter to the supreme court as an error in law, doesn't mean others wont.
Oh yeah, "you can just take it to the supreme court", tell that to Ross who just lost the appeal and is still rotting in jails 4 years after the arrest.

In any case, I wouldn't get my hopes up with regards to the supreme court. Nobody cares about the constitution anymore it seems.

gollygosh

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:33:33 PM

POLO just updated its terms and conditions, I wonder why!
https://poloniex.com/terms/

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:39:24 PM

POLO just updated its terms and conditions, I wonder why!
https://poloniex.com/terms/

because they know that they are outlaw. anyway, this doesn't change anything. Poloniex is a MSB but they are not registered as MSB; same shit like BTC-e Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: