Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199693 times)
bj9k

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 03:53:47 PM

Mayzus replied about false accusations:
https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/topic/43870-o-situatcii-s-birzhei-btc-e-i-spekuliatciiakh-na-media-resu/
translation: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.bits.media%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F43870-o-situatcii-s-birzhei-btc-e-i-spekuliatciiakh-na-media-resu%2F&edit-text=

With some more details at:
http://blog.moneypolo.com/en/official-press-release-greece-arrests-russian-suspected-of-running-4-billion-bitcoin-laundering-ring/

There you can read:
"We have taken steps to lock all pending transactions and freeze the accounts and transaction that we have already identified as potentially connected to this recent event.".

So that means that Moneypolo, Mayzus, have blocked all BTC-e fiat bank accounts. But I think there was not much of fiat cash in those accounts anyway.
stingray454

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:09:28 PM

So that means that Moneypolo, Mayzus, have blocked all BTC-e fiat bank accounts. But I think there was not much of fiat cash in those accounts anyway.

I sold my btc like 5 minutes before the takedown, so I was all in fiat Sad. Bad news.
YesLOST

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:12:10 PM

I sold my btc like 5 minutes before the takedown, so I was all in fiat Sad. Bad news.

Do not worry, btce will socialize the lost funds and refund everybody.
shrodix

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:12:30 PM

POLO just updated its terms and conditions, I wonder why!
https://poloniex.com/terms/

because they know that they are outlaw. anyway, this doesn't change anything. Poloniex is a MSB but they are not registered as MSB; same shit like BTC-e Smiley
exactly and anyone can register to the FINCen.
stingray454

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:16:21 PM

I really hope you're right. I hope for both our sakes we get our cash back, if I remember correctly we both had 6-figure values on there
doctorkesh

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:38:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I used the contact page at FinCEN and have sent them this message.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently the US government, the FBI, and FinCEN acted against BTC-e, which led to its closure. To my understanding, the US government and FinCEN were not happy about BTC-e not having any protocols in place to prevent money laundering and also for not following the KYC and AML laws, whilst BTC-e had their servers operating from the United States. Also, there were concerns raised regarding the involvement of Alexander Vinnik with BTC-e. This ultimately led to the shutdown of BTC-e servers on the 25th of July 2017.

My question is what steps the FinCEN, the FBI and the US government are going to take in order to safeguard the innocent people according to the consitutional laws in the United States of America? Like me, many innocent people had their money and other funds on BTC-e, which are now stuck. I am a hard working person and can provide details of all my financial activties, none of which have broken any laws anywhere to my knowledge. I was not even aware that BTC-e servers were based in the United States. To my knowledge, they had an office in UK and also in some other countries.

I need my hard-earned money back. I have also spoken with countless other users who are also innocent and have not done anything wrong.

A statement has been released by BTC-e yesterday online which clearly states that their servers were shut by the FBI. The acting director of FinCEN, Mr Jamal El Hindi, made a statement last week in which he said “We will hold accountable foreign-located money transmitters, including virtual currency exchangers, that do business in the United States when they willfully violate U.S. anti-money laundering laws...” but he failed to mention anything about the steps the FinCEN is taking to return the funds of innocent bystanders. 

We are anxious to hear what safegaurds the US Government, The FBI and FinCEN are going to give to the innocent users whose money is being held hostage during this event. I am therefore requesting that FinCEN directors take this matter into account. I am sure that all the parties can come to some working terms which can be beneficial for the interests of everyone. Of course, in no way any crime should be encouraged, but then prevention of harm to innocent people is not just a responsibility for those is power, but also failure to prevent any such harm to innocents in its own merits is also a crime by all laws. I also want to say that every user that I have spoken with has said that they would want their funds refunded to them. We are all willing to cooperate with any agency as long as we recieve a guarantee from FinCEN, the FBI and the US goverenment that they will act to prevent any such financial harm to the innocent users.

Also, it is a bit sad to see that a pledge has been made by BTC-e and they are willing to take steps to safeguard its innocent users.  BTC-e is the one trying to defend intself in a positive wat.  However, no such statement has been made by FinCEN, the FBI or the US government. We are all waiting quite anxiously to hear from FinCEN and FBI about any announcements related to the above issue.

Regards,

Can we all send them similar messages (please refrain from abusive language etc).  We need to try to solve this issue.  If this does not work, we can then think about other steps and actions.
brainland

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:53:53 PM

Hi everyone,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently the US government, the FBI, and FinCEN acted against BTC-e, which led to its closure. To my understanding, the US government and FinCEN were not happy about BTC-e not having any protocols in place to prevent money laundering and also for not following the KYC and AML laws, whilst BTC-e had their servers operating from the United States. Also, there were concerns raised regarding the involvement of Alexander Vinnik with BTC-e. This ultimately led to the shutdown of BTC-e servers on the 25th of July 2017.

My question is what steps the FinCEN, the FBI and the US government are going to take in order to safeguard the innocent people according to the consitutional laws in the United States of America? Like me, many innocent people had their money and other funds on BTC-e, which are now stuck. I am a hard working person and can provide details of all my financial activties, none of which have broken any laws anywhere to my knowledge. I was not even aware that BTC-e servers were based in the United States. To my knowledge, they had an office in UK and also in some other countries.

I need my hard-earned money back. I have also spoken with countless other users who are also innocent and have not done anything wrong.

A statement has been released by BTC-e yesterday online which clearly states that their servers were shut by the FBI. The acting director of FinCEN, Mr Jamal El Hindi, made a statement last week in which he said “We will hold accountable foreign-located money transmitters, including virtual currency exchangers, that do business in the United States when they willfully violate U.S. anti-money laundering laws...” but he failed to mention anything about the steps the FinCEN is taking to return the funds of innocent bystanders. 

We are anxious to hear what safegaurds the US Government, The FBI and FinCEN are going to give to the innocent users whose money is being held hostage during this event. I am therefore requesting that FinCEN directors take this matter into account. I am sure that all the parties can come to some working terms which can be beneficial for the interests of everyone. Of course, in no way any crime should be encouraged, but then prevention of harm to innocent people is not just a responsibility for those is power, but also failure to prevent any such harm to innocents in its own merits is also a crime by all laws. I also want to say that every user that I have spoken with has said that they would want their funds refunded to them. We are all willing to cooperate with any agency as long as we recieve a guarantee from FinCEN, the FBI and the US goverenment that they will act to prevent any such financial harm to the innocent users.

Also, it is a bit sad to see that a pledge has been made by BTC-e and they are willing to take steps to safeguard its innocent users.  BTC-e is the one trying to defend intself in a positive wat.  However, no such statement has been made by FinCEN, the FBI or the US government. We are all waiting quite anxiously to hear from FinCEN and FBI about any announcements related to the above issue.

Regards,

Can we all send them similar messages (please refrain from abusive language etc).  We need to try to solve this issue.  If this does not work, we can then think about other steps and actions.

Just Sent a Copy  Via https://www.fincen.gov/contact
gnurta

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:15:56 PM

because they know that they are outlaw. anyway, this doesn't change anything. Poloniex is a MSB but they are not registered as MSB; same shit like BTC-e Smiley

According to their new Terms of Use, Poloniex is a registered MSB with registration number 31000091844018.
bj9k

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 05:23:01 PM

Hi everyone,

Dear Sir/Madam,

If you have actually sent that message they will just reply to you asking whom do you represent when you refer as "we" in your letter.

Btw, you forgot to spell check your message a lot.
cryptomole

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:45:03 PM

Hi everyone,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards,

Well done +1
I will do likewise!
cryptomole

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:15:09 PM

Can anyone clarify the position in relation to the UK based company "Always Efficient LLP"
I have read that the partnership was somehow connected to BTC-e

The latest filing activity was:

26 Jul 2017    Notification of Alexander Buyanov as a person with significant control on 26 July 2017    Russian resident

26 Jul 2017    Cessation of Andrii Shvet as a person with significant control on 26 July 2017    (authorised by "judicial factor")

They have two officers based in the Seychelles

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/OC394172/officers

bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:17:50 PM

I really hope you're right. I hope for both our sakes we get our cash back, if I remember correctly we both had 6-figure values on there

If they can do the BFX token method that could work, people will need to be made confident they can put their money back on and trade.  I enjoy trading on this exchange but the support and not knowing those running the system was a bother.  Maybe they can improve this.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:19:03 PM

The entertainment level of this thread is falling hard.

Here are some posting guidelines:

1) No walls of text
2) No verbatum legal gibberish
3) No morbid gloating from basement dwelling nihilists
4) More tits

Pretty easy for you all to follow this superb advice

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
bj9k

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 06:21:29 PM

Can anyone clarify the position in relation to the UK based company "Always Efficient LLP"
I have read that the partnership was somehow connected to BTC-e

The latest filing activity was:

26 Jul 2017    Notification of Alexander Buyanov as a person with significant control on 26 July 2017    Russian resident

26 Jul 2017    Cessation of Andrii Shvet as a person with significant control on 26 July 2017    (authorised by "judicial factor")

They have two officers based in the Seychelles

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/OC394172/officers

http://viewdns.info/reversewhois/?q=Alexander+Buyanov

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:24:02 PM

https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/topic/43870-o-situatcii-s-birzhei-btc-e-i-spekuliatciiakh-na-media-resu/
translation: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.bits.media%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F43870-o-situatcii-s-birzhei-btc-e-i-spekuliatciiakh-na-media-resu%2F&edit-text=

http://blog.moneypolo.com/en/official-press-release-greece-arrests-russian-suspected-of-running-4-billion-bitcoin-laundering-ring/

There you can read:
"We have taken steps to lock all pending transactions and freeze the accounts and transaction that we have already identified as potentially connected to this recent event.".

That sounds pretty bad. How do you know there wasn't much in those accounts? As far as moving money into or out of the exchange, it was always through Mayzus and/or Okpay. But that doesn't tell us what entities hold most of the exchange's fiat money, and if it was at risk of seizure.

Crazy times... Undecided

YesLOST

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:57:17 PM

There you can read:

That sounds pretty bad. How do you know there wasn't much in those accounts? As far as moving money into or out of the exchange, it was always through Mayzus and/or Okpay. But that doesn't tell us what entities hold most of the exchange's fiat money, and if it was at risk of seizure.

Crazy times... Undecided

Well, I remember of a statement of them saying that they never holding clients funds.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:31:06 PM

The entertainment level of this thread is falling hard.

Here are some posting guidelines:

1) No walls of text
2) No verbatum legal gibberish
3) No morbid gloating from basement dwelling nihilists
4) More tits

Pretty easy for you all to follow this superb advice

eyes on the prize

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
brainland

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:57:45 PM

READ

https://news.bitcoin.com/btc-e-closure-clients-are-mt-goxed-by-the-u-s-a-new-front-in-crypto-wars
gollygosh

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:40:21 AM

quote from the above linked article
"Innocence is not a defense. Most of BTC-e’s clients are clearly innocent, yet the indictment’s wording reflects the authorities’ view that all users are criminals."

donalddump

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:41:51 AM

Are you guys still believe in santa? We will not get any refund from Btc-e nor US government . US government always interpret their own laws depending on their own interests and Btc-e owners right now are covering the tracks so they can run away with remaining funds, or they will offer the funds to fbi to avoid getting in jail.

As I said before we need a new coin where, in situations like this, users can vote and in case of a majority will freeze the stolen coins until the exchange or authorities can prove which coins are dirty and which are legit.
Somebody said that will be the end of crypto.I don't think so.Look at ethereum, they did roll back and the price and popularity compared to 2016 is huge. There are thousands of coins nobody is using so another useless coin will not be the end of crypto.

I'm a trader not a programmer, but if somebody will make a coin that:
  • is based on some type of pos algorithm where stake will be very small 1coin or something very small to ensure everyone can take part
  • generated coins will be awarded to a random peer(s) or some algo to ensure fair coin distribution
  • a simple voting system so the community will decide in case like gox, btc-e or major software changes

If something like this is technically possible then I will be happy to make a donation to help development.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: