Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199684 times)
Error 522

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:59:26 PM

I don't want them to relaunch, I just want them to pay back whatever they have left. Let them just set up a temporary web portal, where people can just withdraw their digital assets, and then BTC-E can relaunch with whatever brand name they feel comfortable with. Only an outright idiot will ever make use of an exchange that is severely affiliated with BTC-E. They state that they are negotiating with not to be named investors to finanance the relaunch, lol. I am curious to find out more about how their verification process will be forced through.

there are SO many idiots... LOL    see how many are using Poloniex, Bitfinex and similar others even they lost funds with BTC-e . it's well known that these exchangers will be NEXT  Smiley

it's without words....

SOON you will crawl back into your hole spider  Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:41:33 PM

So lets make it easy math can someone tell me what the 55%/45% ratio would be if u had 10k fiat , and is there is diff if u had say 4 btc (appox value 10k when site went down with btc @ 2546) thanks

Currently, it looks that they open a new exchange and the fiat holders will get 55% fiat + 45% btce tokens. Nothing else. Then you can buy coins (if somebody is selling them, maybe at $10.000 per coin, haha) at the exchange and withdraw them.

Basically, fiat holders are fucked hard.

If we get 55% fiat + tokens we're pretty well off as that means every dollar back (just missing the btc pump so we'll be able to buy a lot less coins if we buy back in), but it will be hard to trade the fiat for btc I recon. I think fiat holders will get 55% in random crapcoins, and the rest as tokens (ie no fiat). That means they are f**ked even harder.

From the looks of last update, they clearly say that everybody gets back their "currency balance" because of "fairness". Thus, 55% in fiat or 55% in coins.

We are not well off, if we get 55% in fiat. Because the only way out of the exchange will be in coins somebody needs to sell to us and who in his right mind is going to do that..., uhmm, maybe we are able to withdraw fiat. Well, lol, yeah probably they can manage fiat withdrawals, but I somehow doubt it  Undecided.

My Ukrainian friend (who is somewhat active in Russian-speaking forums) seems to be under the impression that they may be able to coordinate fiat payments through services like Yandex and WebMoney. Not sure how that could work given that Yandex is a publicly traded company.

Maybe another convoluted web of shell companies processing fiat through third parties (like online poker companies) is possible, given that it would probably take at least a year or two before the US government could set up another similar operation. Maybe next time, they'd be better prepared.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:53:31 PM

I don't want them to relaunch, I just want them to pay back whatever they have left. Let them just set up a temporary web portal, where people can just withdraw their digital assets, and then BTC-E can relaunch with whatever brand name they feel comfortable with. Only an outright idiot will ever make use of an exchange that is severely affiliated with BTC-E. They state that they are negotiating with not to be named investors to finanance the relaunch, lol. I am curious to find out more about how their verification process will be forced through.

there are SO many idiots... LOL    see how many are using Poloniex, Bitfinex and similar others even they lost funds with BTC-e . it's well known that these exchangers will be NEXT  Smiley

it's without words....

keep dreaming. BTC-e will never be back and they will return zero funds.
YesLOST

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:57:47 PM

it's without words....

Delusional parrot.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:00:26 PM

BTC-e had a loyal following.

The US caused their problems.
Not trading $US wouldn't be good enough because the US will just invent some law to keep harassing them.
The obvious solution is to relaunch with some sort of id verification so they can refuse US customers altogether.
BTC-e can survive without US customers.

I could see them surviving if they set up domain in a country not friendly with the US, and retain only crypto markets (no fiat). I don't see how they can keep their fiat money from being seized. As long as their domain/servers are safe and they are only custodians for crypto, it seems possible.

But rejecting US customers is also rejecting a big market. It's not clear what their plans are in this regard.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:49:30 PM

I have mixed feelings about this update. On one hand, fiat holders can be relieved that they don't need to take on NVC, PPC and NMC bags (NVC is a particularly illiquid shitcoin). On the other hand, what kind of premium are fiat holders going to need to pay to get any value out? This socialization of losses definitely seems to favor coin holders.
R2Pleasent

Activity: 139

Owner@ CryptoFundingTracker.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 01:38:42 AM

What makes you people believe they will have USD on the new exchange?  Unless they have a reliable way to cash out USD, then 1 USD is the exact same thing as 1 BTE.  It's a debt issued by the exchange nominated in USD, that can only be repaid by the exchange.  They are not in the same situation Bitfinex was in back when they issued a token, because you could still cash in and out of USD back when Bitfinex got "hacked".

I believe USD holders will be issued a basket of coins, as was discussed in previous updates.  I think people have misinterpreted BTC-e on Update 6.  Fiat holders will be auto converted to a mix of 7 cryptos.

Owner & Co-Founder @ CryptoFundingTracker.com
xmonkx

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:45:03 AM

BTC-E is coming back to wipe all of your bitches ass.

I suggest Terminator skull for new LOGO

Terminator skull +1
erk

Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:50:52 AM

What makes you people believe they will have USD on the new exchange?  Unless they have a reliable way to cash out USD, then 1 USD is the exact same thing as 1 BTE.  It's a debt issued by the exchange nominated in USD, that can only be repaid by the exchange.  They are not in the same situation Bitfinex was in back when they issued a token, because you could still cash in and out of USD back when Bitfinex got "hacked".

I believe USD holders will be issued a basket of coins, as was discussed in previous updates.  I think people have misinterpreted BTC-e on Update 6.  Fiat holders will be auto converted to a mix of 7 cryptos.

Which sounds logical when you remember that the BTC-e fiat accounts have been suspended so customers can't get fiat in or out.
They might be able to add RUR or something like that, but USD and EUR are probably finished with for the time being.

R2Pleasent

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 02:08:42 AM

Which sounds logical when you remember that the BTC-e fiat accounts have been suspended so customers can't get fiat in or out.
They might be able to add RUR or something like that, but USD and EUR are probably finished with for the time being.

Yeah exactly, and in addition, BTC-e said they have assets on hand to refund 55% of the fiat users' balances.  By assets they can never mean issuing people fictional USD tokens that they create out of thin air and you can't cash out.  That's not an asset Cheesy  That's a debt token.

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:19:18 AM

So, no more actual refund for fiat holders? They will be paid 100% in shit tokens?
This is unfair as I never actually deposited fiat. I deposited bitcoin and converted it to USD for trading purpose.
erk

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:23:28 AM

So, no more actual refund for fiat holders? They will be paid 100% in shit tokens?
This is unfair as I never actually deposited fiat. I deposited bitcoin and converted it to USD for trading purpose.

BTC-e don't have control of their "fiat wallets" anymore. Yes I agree, OKPAY suspending their wallets was unfair.

R2Pleasent

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 02:57:24 AM

Fiat holders will get a mix of 7 cryptos for 55% of their balance, BTE tokens for other 45%

YesLOST

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:49:34 AM

Fiat holders will get a mix of 7 cryptos for 55% of their balance, BTE tokens for other 45%

No, after last update it is clear, everybody gets his "balance currency". E.g. Coin holder gets 55% coins and Fiat holder gets 55% fiat. Then you can do whatever you want or what is possible with your balance.
erk

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:01:39 AM

No, after last update it is clear, everybody gets his "balance currency". E.g. Coin holder gets 55% coins and Fiat holder gets 55% fiat. Then you can do whatever you want or what is possible with your balance.

How are they going to get 55% fiat when OKPAY effectively stole the BTC-e fiat with no signs of it coming back?

YesLOST

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:11:04 AM

How are they going to get 55% fiat when OKPAY effectively stole the BTC-e fiat with no signs of it coming back?

Well, as I wrote earlier, fiat holders are fucked. Btce is probably putting up buy orders for fiat with their remaining coins at today's exchange rate, e.g. they put up an order with 50.000 bitcoins for sale after distributing the 55% to coin holders. As there will be more fiat than btc, be ready to buy nvc for $20 or more.
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:25:36 AM

it's without words....

^^^ Metroid

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
YesLOST

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:59:09 AM

Quote from: btc-e.com
The FBI arrives to seize the server and everything for a new and so 1000 times.
Even if the server is hosted in the DNS and the domain can not be avoided in the torus, the question is whether you wait for 1.5 months each time until the service is restored?

Btce answering to "verification" question.

DNS = Donetsk Republic (in the Ukraine)
torus = TOR
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:32:05 AM

Quote from: btc-e.com
The FBI arrives to seize the server and everything for a new and so 1000 times.
Even if the server is hosted in the DNS and the domain can not be avoided in the torus, the question is whether you wait for 1.5 months each time until the service is restored?

Btce answering to "verification" question.

DNS = Donetsk Republic (in the Ukraine)
torus = TOR

So where does that leave us? It seems like the feds take many months and years to build a case before making a move. After they botched the BTC-e seizure so badly, they probably won't rush to immediately seize the new domain/servers. They'll take their sweet time. They want the real owners, not this Vinnik patsy.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:45:24 AM

Well, as I wrote earlier, fiat holders are fucked. Btce is probably putting up buy orders for fiat with their remaining coins at today's exchange rate, e.g. they put up an order with 50.000 bitcoins for sale after distributing the 55% to coin holders. As there will be more fiat than btc, be ready to buy nvc for $20 or more.

By my reading of their last few posts, fiat balances will be converted in 16 days. We're stuck with NVC, but we won't be buying it with USD. It could be worse. Realistically, the majority of their liquidity has to be bitcoins, so that should be what the majority of fiat holder's basket is.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: