Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:05:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will banks start a war against bitcoin  (Read 16178 times)
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 01:36:34 PM

Banks has not been so affected of bitcoin progress because bitcoin is not yet so widely used by many. Banks will be only concern to bitcoin when it finally be used by the majority. Why? Because it will steal yhe opportunities from the bank and it can also now offer what bank can offer. These makes bitcoin a competitor and this is where war will began. Banks will now be rebelling and will do every single thing to make bitcoin fall down and disappear to the community. Its not a good thing to be harassed by a bank but its not so far to happen t this poit because bitcoins growth is at a very large scale and continuously growing over time.
paragoncoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 02:03:22 PM

The banks won't start a war against bitcoin.

Now Central banks, tax authorities, law enforcement agencies... they might take action.

You see the IRS hassling Coinbase
FBI hassling BTC-e

Exactly. Although, I can definitely see the bigger banks lobbying for lawmakers to take action against crypto once it starts actually affecting their bottom line.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:19:05 PM

I don't feel that banks care about Bitcoin , people Trust banks more than Bitcoin. No Matter what happens people will choose banks over Bitcoin. The prices of Bitcoin is not fixed , other currencies price change a bit like minor changes but in case of Bitcoin it changes frequently which might affect daily transactions of people.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:30:08 PM

Banks going against Bitcoin in the country is for the safe keeping of the country's money and monitoring every fraudulence act in the country.
They way Bitcoin is becoming so popular, the bank will have no choice to accept Bitcoin, But if banks accepts Bitcoin, will there be tax?
Cassandre

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:34:05 PM

They already did. From my memory, there is several major banks, including Central European Bank, which clearly said to people that it was dangerous to invest in Bitcoin, and that they should focus on their investment plans with ridiculously low yields.
paragoncoin

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 02:39:17 PM

They already did. From my memory, there is several major banks, including Central European Bank, which clearly said to people that it was dangerous to invest in Bitcoin, and that they should focus on their investment plans with ridiculously low yields.

Banks will always try to scare people away from it because there is no way for them to profit from it. They try to make it sound scary and super risky, but I would assume that anyone who actually does the research would see through their warning pretty easily.
jimn

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:42:12 PM

I don't think banks will sart a war against Bitcoin, at least in our nearest future. We even see that many governments allowed to install Bitcoin ATM to let people withdraw their bitcoins . Bitcoin in my opinion will help more the banking systems.

████████████████
                           ████████████████████████
                    ████████                      ██████
                   █████                █████       ███████
               █████                 █████████            ███
            ████   █████   ██████████████████████           ████
           ████   █████████████████████████████████          ████
         ███      ███████████         █████████████████         ████
         ██       ███████████        ██████████     ████████████  ███
       ███        ████████████████████       ██       ██████████   ███
      ████      █████████       ██████       ████     ███████████   ██
     ████     ████    ██     ███     ██████████████████████████     ███
     ██       ████   ███     ████    ██████    ███    █████████      ███
   ███      ████     ████████████████████████  ███      ████████      ███
   ███   ███████████████     ███████████████████████   ███   ███      ███
  ████ █████████████   ██   ██████████████████ ███████████   ████     ████
  ████ ███████████     ███████████        ████████    ████   ████       ██
  ████ ███████████     █████ ████          ███████    █████  ████       ██
  ████   ██████████  ████████████          ████████████   ██████████    ██
  ████    █████   ██████   ██████          ████  █████    ███████████   ██
  ████     ████    █████   ███████       █████████████     ██████████ ████
   ███     ████    ██████████ ███████████████████  ███    ███████████ ████
   ███      ████   ██    ██████████████████  ██    ████████████████   ███
   ████     █████████    ████████████████████████ ██████    █████     ███
     ██     █████████      ██    ████████ ████████████     ████      ███
      ███   ████████████████████████████  ████     ███    ███       ██
      ████  ██████████████████████   ████████      ███ █████       ███
       ████ ███████████      ███      █████████████████████      ████
         ███████████████     ████    █████   ██████████████      ███
          ████         ███████████████        ██████████████   ████
           ████         ████████████████     ██████████████  ████
              █████         ███████████████████       ██  █████
               █████         █████████████              █████
                   ██████       ██████             ███████
                        ██████████████  ████████████
                            ██████████████████████
Gaze Coin

BLOCKCHAIN-VR/AR TOKEN 

=
  [Facebook][Twitter][Telegram]
[Reddit] [Steemit]
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:49:18 PM

Banks are indeed wary of Bitcoin but they won't be starting a war against cryptocurrencies. Rather they will integrate Bitcoin into their system as done by banks in Switzerland and most probably would start their own cryptocurrency as being tested in China and soon to be done by Russia for reducing the dominance of bitcoin. They would definitely try to curb popularity of Bitcoin but would not try to eliminate them from the system.
New2coin

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:53:31 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you thing it will happen and when?

People been making those kind of allegations and other complicated conspiracy theories since bitcoin's inception, it never happened and it will never happen, people working at banks don't care about bitcoin, shareholders don't care, CEOs don't care, tellers even less.

They only complain about the unfair paying field, they have to spend millions in compliance while some bitcoin startups who offer similar services don't.

I believe the owners of banks do care! Not only is there money to be made but we're also taking money from their pockets, which is fine by me.

loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:56:46 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you thing it will happen and when?

People been making those kind of allegations and other complicated conspiracy theories since bitcoin's inception, it never happened and it will never happen, people working at banks don't care about bitcoin, shareholders don't care, CEOs don't care, tellers even less.

They only complain about the unfair paying field, they have to spend millions in compliance while some bitcoin startups who offer similar services don't.

yeah all bank around me still not give special announcements toward bitcoin. they are still not open their eyes to bitcoin because here bitcoin users is only small scale. so there no war begin between bank and bitcoin.

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:58:24 PM

Banks are already considering bitcoin as their main rival.The thing for which they early feared has started to become true nowadays.They have started to lose their revenues which they used to get from transactions.Especially remittances from abroad like philippinese sending their hard earned money to their countries in bitcoins.ATM usage would get reduced resulting in loss of ATM service charges.Big depositers would start chosing to invest in bitcoins which gives huge returns in stead of bank deposits which gives very low interest.I tink bankers have started to lose their hold slowly over the society.Even though it would not affect immediately the banking sectors,in future it may create disasters.Bankers and governments have tried their best to destroy bitcoins,but they could not.Even it is said that Ripple coin itself is created by some bankers as a competitor to bitcoin.
Mett33

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:06:11 PM

How long you think that bitcoin will stay anonymous?

I saw that fed already pay some research about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwj_iympoRg

Bitcoin start to become big market value and how long you think that gov will watch how criminals hide their money inside?

More is big more is danger that gov will put inside his hands.
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:11:09 PM

I have a friend that working for a local bank, he is an economic expert too. I ask him can bitcoin disturb banking world ? He answered so relax that bitcoin is none of threat, banking world is so huge, they main income not coming from daily person use like transactions fee or saving, they have so many business from big player, so if they think bitcoin is a threat, then they must be already take an action to it from the first birth. Don't forget about government, they are the main threat in bitcoin  Roll Eyes

so just let's take a seat and watch, i think there is nothing to worry about for now

libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 03:14:10 PM

We use banks to convert Bitcoin to fiat money, so Bitcoin also makes money to banks when we convert. So there will be no war  Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
New2coin

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:17:24 PM

We use banks to convert Bitcoin to fiat money, so Bitcoin also makes money to banks when we convert. So there will be no war  Cheesy

Very good point, libert19. As we know banks can be very greedy! Let's hope they are content with the money they are making from converting bitcoin to Fiat money.
paragoncoin

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 03:24:06 PM

Very good point, libert19. As we know banks can be very greedy! Let's hope they are content with the money they are making from converting bitcoin to Fiat money.

I am pretty sure we will see transaction fees from these banks increase pretty quickly. Banks aren't generally known for their patience and generosity.
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:37:53 AM

The acusation about money laundering already happens with fiat and over the banks, soo they tryed to damage bitcoin before it could grow, but without sucess, visa, mastercard and similiar companies had loose a lot money on the last years due to bitcoin as well. There is no way to stop bitcoin anymore, those companies will have to follow the future or ignore it, but at this stage crypto walks with their own legs.
stromae

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:42:46 AM

Do you think it will happen and when?

I think we're very far away from that stage right now. Because the global traditional banking system was not disrupted the the blockchain yet. Next 5 years will be critical for bitcoin's future.
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 01:47:17 AM

If governments are already working on their own cryptos that means that their central banks will likely have a hand in it.

Singapore and Russia are two governments.

Goldman Sachs already has its own crypto that it has patented.

All governments of the world are backed by banks in one way or another.  Just because the war against BTC hasn't been publicized in a direct way doesn't mean that it isn't happening as I type this.
Umbrella Holdings

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:16:40 AM

Banks will never start a war against Bitcoin. I think The banks will find a way to use Bitcoin in their favor. Banks love money, no matter where they come from.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: