Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:18:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will banks start a war against bitcoin  (Read 16173 times)
Celsiuss

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:52:22 PM

I don't think that'll ever happen. We need banks for the economy. Say bitcoin became so huge banks had to shut down. How would you handle fraud? How would you take a loan? This is impossible without a bank, and bitcoin cannot solve problems like this.

who cares
Plie

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:00:33 PM

They already did, since the inception. Their war is in the medias, where they talk about Bitcoin only when it is related to ransomware and other illegal activities, to make Bitcoin look bad and turn people away of it.
maryvale

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:03:38 PM

Banks are investing in blockchain and they may create their own coins to facilitate the international money transfer.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:04:47 PM

Start a war? I think they are joining the bandwagon now. A bit late to them but they have the resources to utilize,implement incorporating in their system this blockchain technology. But still bitcoin is widespread already that it is difficult to control now.
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:06:29 PM

Once they realize that bitcoin is uncontrollable and is taking away billions from the banking institutions they'll try to either hop on it and control it or demolish it.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:09:19 PM

There's a pretty high chance that there is going to be nothing done to Bitcoin at this point, at least, nothing that the banks will be doing directly. If they do take action it will have to be done by the government and backed by the banks, but we all know that there is limited time within the government and it takes time, or money, to get a slot for a bill debate. If Bitcoin really becomes a big enough thing, you will likely see the governments in the west trying to curb its use, while the east will likely continue to adopt it. It's a shame that's how it is, really.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:13:38 PM

Once they realize that bitcoin is uncontrollable and is taking away billions from the banking institutions they'll try to either hop on it and control it or demolish it.

And why are bitcoins is taking away billions from the banking institutions? Any proofs or explanations? Bitcoin is taking no money from banks, it is not the case. The case here is if bitcoin become stable and will be having a low fee fransaction, there is a possibility that banks costumers will dramatically decrease.
They are being afraid of what might happen and what is the effect of this digital currency.
Gabo

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:18:22 PM

They don't need to fight bitcoin, probably, they are trying to adquire it. For example through Digital Currency Group
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:39:29 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you think it will happen and when?

Banks doesn't like the idea of Bitcoin and never will because of that, whether we like it or not Banks are in war with bitcoin in one way or the other. Banks sees bitcoin as huge challenge so they can try any possible way to bring Bitcoin down which not going to happen. Cool
i think very soon a time will come when all the banks will also start accepting bitcoin.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:56:30 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you think it will happen and when?
that's a bad way to drop bitcoins and of all currencies can be money laundering it all depends on the holder of currencies. I think banks don't care about bitcoin so war will not happen.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
isen99ono

Activity: 742
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:13:30 AM

Where can i find an article explaining about this? can you give me this reinforcing link because I want to sit while reading about this to better understand it. what until now the bank has not realized the bitcoin uncontrolled?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:41:33 AM

I don't see any thread for bitcoin from banks. They may think that bitcoin can be a competition for them but i don't think they can stop people from using bitcoins as they cannot control it nor they can ban it from internet. All they or the authorities can do is to prohibit people within the country to use bitcoin, but still if someone wants to do it they will do it avoiding the prohibition.
As mentioned bitcoin will serve as an competitor for the banking system. Just because of this I don't find there will be an war between the two. Bitcoin is different from conventional fiat in terms of the features it has got. Importantly in future bitcoin might get incorporated with banking systems.

Fiat money has a couple big things going for it. For one thing, governments can mandate that that fiat currency be accepted for the payment of debts or taxes. For another, consumers love the idea of reversibility (being compensated for fraud, having buyer's remorse, etc) even if merchants hate it. For these reasons alone, I don't see cryptocurrencies replacing fiat currencies.

I think they are simply a new asset class that will compete with other types of assets -- stocks, bonds, real property, gold, oil. And it will be harder for the central banks to pump the economy, because people will be putting some portion of their savings into crypto rather than the stock market.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:46:33 AM

I think it's already happened and most of the banks are lost in this war. Now many of them are holding bitcoins and talk behind it's back. The allegations are nothing new to us so we don't believe unless there is some proof.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 02:45:14 AM

In my opinion, as Financial Management graduate who also studied banks, I think this is not the way that banks will take action about it. They will not start a"war". It will be costly. Trust me, banks will do their best to minimize the cost and maximize the profit.

Instead, they might even start to support Bitcoin. Because it is an opportunity for them to earn money from it. For example, they can offer on accepting Bitcoin tradings and Bitcoin account application with training. Then they might also be available for Bitcoin deposits, securing your Bitcoin from hackers.

There are other more opportunities for banks to earn from Bitcoin. Which is why I think they will not start a war, but instead start to support Bitcoin.

How can banks earn from Bitcoin...fees?  That's not even a drop in the bucket if compared to how banks actually make their money.
bxipp

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:52:16 AM

bitcoin will never lose to the bank if the bank againts bitcoin. and why would bank againts bitcoin also. why dont they buy bitcoin for the asset. it grow every years. bank should buy bitcoin instead picking a fight on bitcoin. or they already did buy some bitcoin?
Realist247

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 02:54:42 AM

Banks aren't making these accusations. Politicians and governments are. There's a big difference.

Banks are in business to make money. Bitcoin can make them a lot of money. They're not going to try to bring it down, they want to participate and make a ton of money.

This the politicians we should worry about. They don't have real understanding of what Bitcoin is or why it improves a failed system. A system, by the way, that politicians (over history) have created and continue to support. If politicians deem Bitcoin as a threat they will enforce laws to make it difficult for people to use it.

As the base of voters we can combat that worry by voting in politicians that are supportive of Bitcoin and the market it strives to create.

How can BTC make banks a lot of money?  I see this so often that what used to make me cringe is beginning to make me laugh.  This is a new form of religious fanaticism.  The "system" is doing exactly what it was designed to do.  It is designed to fail periodically.  Read "Money Mechanics" from the FED.

If politicians are making the accusations that is EXACTLY WHEN speculators in BTC should worry.  More likely than not politicians are opening their mouth because banks are lobbying them to do so.  That's what politicians do and how/why they do what they do.  If you aren't worried about banks and only worried about politicians, you don't understand how the financial system works.

Furthermore, if you think that your vote means anything to a politician, you must be under the age of 30.
Realist247

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:01:50 AM

And why are bitcoins is taking away billions from the banking institutions? Any proofs or explanations? Bitcoin is taking no money from banks, it is not the case. The case here is if bitcoin become stable and will be having a low fee fransaction, there is a possibility that banks costumers will dramatically decrease.
They are being afraid of what might happen and what is the effect of this digital currency.

Do you not see how you contradict yourself in the same paragraph?

To correct what you said, if BTC takes customers from banks it therefore takes money away from banks.  This is basic logic and reason.  What you said is the exact opposite, and that's exactly why anyone not worried about the coming war against BTC are completely lost.
Realist247

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:08:49 AM

bitcoin will never lose to the bank if the bank againts bitcoin. and why would bank againts bitcoin also. why dont they buy bitcoin for the asset. it grow every years. bank should buy bitcoin instead picking a fight on bitcoin. or they already did buy some bitcoin?

Why don't banks buy Bitcoin as an asset?  The answer is in this fundamental disclaimer of any class of investment:  "PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS."  I know lots of traders working for banks.  None of them will touch BTC in their trades for many reasons and none of them consider BTC anything more than a temporary speculative bubble waiting to burst.
Aur3

Activity: 378

Embrace change

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:21:32 AM

There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime. I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it. Do you thing it will happen and when?

War? What war are you talking about op. Banks are already using bitcoin technology called blockchain. There are some banks which are paying or accepting Bitcoins. Many are now encouraging it to. Yes there is a fear that banks may loose out business, but it's absurd nothing like this will ever happen, banks are more than happy to encourage Bitcoins as after conversion, it comes back to them.

As I see it, it's nonsense to have a war between banks and bitcoin. Banks can convert bitcoins into cash that is helpful to their daily cash flow. It's also possible to convert bitcoin into other currencies; therefore, these banks have no good reason to start a war. The truth is, the bitcoin technology which is known as "blockchain" protects their transaction round the clock.     

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:25:08 AM

There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime. I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it. Do you thing it will happen and when?

War? What war are you talking about op. Banks are already using bitcoin technology called blockchain. There are some banks which are paying or accepting Bitcoins. Many are now encouraging it to. Yes there is a fear that banks may loose out business, but it's absurd nothing like this will ever happen, banks are more than happy to encourage Bitcoins as after conversion, it comes back to them.

As I see it, it's nonsense to have a war between banks and bitcoin. Banks can convert bitcoins into cash that is helpful to their daily cash flow. It's also possible to convert bitcoin into other currencies; therefore, these banks have no good reason to start a war. The truth is, the bitcoin technology which is known as "blockchain" protects their transaction round the clock.     

But if people invest in Bitcoin they won't let their money laying at the banks, so the banks won't make profit from your money and pay pennies back to you. Banks work like the middleman between you and a good investment, with Bitcoin you skip this middleman and start investing by yourself, 100% profit for you, while investing with banks they pay you few percentes and enjoy all the rest of the money.

Banks hegemony ends if Bitcoin rises and get more adoption.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: