Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:52:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will banks start a war against bitcoin  (Read 16170 times)
Catost

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 03:18:34 PM

In fact, banks have already started a "war" against cryptocurrencies. In some countries (ex. in Poland), the government has launched a warning campaign about cryptocurrencies. They show primarily the bad sides of bitcoin, such as a high risk of investing.

███████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xiomara

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:32:43 PM

Against bitcoins war is waged not only by banks but also by the government as governments and banks work together.
In many countries criminal penalties are imposed for the use of bitcoins arguing that bitcoins are used by criminals to pay for illegal activities on the Internet.
Karie_Legend

Activity: 514
Merit: 10

●●

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:54:29 PM

Personally, my opinion. Banks will adjust for crypto currency and everything will be fine) Grin Wink

Walk with ease and follow the storyline to keep up with the times at this time Wink
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

Personally, my opinion. Banks will adjust for crypto currency and everything will be fine) Grin Wink

And will begin giving loans in BTC or ETH Smiley
If this will happen in the future it will benefits both ends, bitcoin or crypto will be adopted and embrace by more people around the globe
and instead this financial institution to go and begin to work against crypto better for them to use this new technology to lessen their delayed
and start working together.
bottledfireworks

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:26:11 AM

For me, bitcoin is the number 1 enemy of banks and governments. We all known that banks and governments are working together. Many people now a days choose to invest in bitcoin more than in a bank so it is the major problem for all banks. We don't know when will banks start a war against their enemy, the bitcoin because we don't know the future.
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:08:05 PM

I don't think they would start a war against bitcoin - if they want to kill Bitcoin they just would need to buy very many coins with the unlimited money they have and then  dump it to crash prizes whenever they please.

maynguyen

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:17:32 PM

I think that since bitcoin development, many people use bitcoin, banks start to fight bitcoin. As bitcoin grows, more people use bitcoin, demand for bitcoin increases, the number of users of banking services will decrease. In my country, banks always want to end the bitcoin.

quocsi

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:18:44 PM

If the bank really fight bitcoin. I think bitcoin will not suffer much damage. Because bitcoin does not depend on anyone. The development of bitcoin and banks does not affect each other so I think this will never happen.

Dzernej

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:22:02 PM

I think they will start "war" as soon BTC will have very low fees and fast transactions. For now banks are confident that BTC can not replace traditional way of payments.
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:38:54 PM

the war is already begin,some banks at least in my country start to refuse to receive wire transfers from exchanges and can even block or close the bank account
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:16:57 PM

In my point of view, that war will only happen if fiat currency of banks are now losing the majority of users because of switching into bitcoin. But honestly, I think that would be very far to happen since bitcoin still remains an option for others and couldn't penetrate our current banking systems. Yes! Btc is a threat but not too strong (as for now) to beat our banks, black propagandas such as scam accusations and stating crypto related crimes are enough to crush bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency slowly.
masterofpuppets7

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:20:26 PM

Banks cannot stop bitcoin because both works together   Grin
Estreal

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:33:38 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you think it will happen and when?

I still await the time for the war/fight. Both from what I see, both have been working interchangeably well. Probably the internal war would have been the banks sensing that the Cryptocurrency market would still take over their work process and that they might be taking over their operations sooner or later. What do think the banks will try to be smart and learn more on how to adopt some of the Cryptocurrency operations so as not to go outdated on the long run.
Tulen1990

Activity: 222
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:37:11 PM

I think banks will figure out a way to stick around like targeting newbies. Unless the world of crypto is simplified like Paypal, it'll be hard for mass adoption. There's still a learning curve
Marucya

Activity: 258

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:42:11 PM

The trend to limit the circulation of virtual currencies right now in the world is really increasing. Jamie Dimon, executive director of JP Morgan Chase, one of the largest banks in the US, did not even try to choose the words, assessing the prospects for crypto currency. He promised to dismiss any trader from the bank, who will be caught for trading bitcoins. According to Daimon, bitcoin is "stupid" and "very dangerous thing." Since the market of crypto currency is uncontrolled by anyone, it can all end "very badly", the authoritative banker is sure.
vicemi

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:53:33 PM

Instead of starting a war against it, banks should start investing in it, and try to get a piece of the pie.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:00:11 PM

The war between banks and bitcoin has already started when it started to increase if you watch the news and search it online they are discriminating bitcoin as illegal, bubble, connected to crimes and useless. They are afraid that in stock exchange with banks bitcoin will be higher than them. I do think that they are cautious about bitcoin, they are afraid that they will get replaced and especially, bitcoin has no fees or whatsoever like banks when all of the people will understand bitcoin i do think they will switch to bitcoin instead of the banks who ask for fees with just storing it. I hope people will understand that.
teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 10:05:59 PM

Banks will start a war against BTC when they start recording less and more less transactions as we all know the "spread" they charge per transaction is a very important avenue by hitch they generate revenue. They will be affected by the drop in banking transaction and that will cause them to wage war against BTC
Oggy Pogi

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:07:16 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you think it will happen and when?
Why would banks will make a war against Bitcoin and also other cryptocurrencies? It is not maybe about competency anymore if banks will do such thing. I think it was all about insecurity anymore since people are more likely to use Bitcoin than engaging into banks so they are thinking of making a war against it? Practically saying, they must not do such thing because a lot of people are still into banks and must not worry because if Bitcoin has unique features that a bank misses, also bank has features that Bitcoin do also misses so its a tight fight between them. Better do improvisation of their services rather than going into a war like immature thinking people.

angohanta

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:08:50 PM

I think it's starting already, and we just don't know it yet. They are probably plotting some ways to overthrow the dominance of Bitcoin with some other altcoins that they totally own *cough cough* XRP. Not sure about this though, so maybe we might just need to sit back and watch closely in the few years to come with how institutions would handle BTC in general.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: