Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:45:56 AM

Alright i just got the alpha ans already made a few screenshots on my phone. but i need some advise how to upload the pictures here in thethread

I think as a Newbie account you can't upload pictures here directly but you can use an image upload site like https://imgur.com/ for example and share the links here with us. I think we all would appreciate that.

We sure would appreciate. I can't wait to get my hands on the app, but I'm also using android. It would be really beneficial for them to make an android app, since the test group, I believe, would be much larger than for ios or apple.

Yes, would also love to see some screenshots! I am still wondering which social aspects are there beside liking and sharing, maybe the alpha can give some clues.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptomanker

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:46:29 AM

oh my god Smiley
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 12:01:25 PM

Alright i just got the alpha ans already made a few screenshots on my phone. but i need some advise how to upload the pictures here in thethread

I think as a Newbie account you can't upload pictures here directly but you can use an image upload site like https://imgur.com/ for example and share the links here with us. I think we all would appreciate that.

We sure would appreciate. I can't wait to get my hands on the app, but I'm also using android. It would be really beneficial for them to make an android app, since the test group, I believe, would be much larger than for ios or apple.

Yes, would also love to see some screenshots! I am still wondering which social aspects are there beside liking and sharing, maybe the alpha can give some clues.

maybe there is a way to promote a product and get paid for it
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:33:55 PM

Soma is a platform that will be great for sellers but also for buyers. For exemple thanks to the social network buyers will be able more than ever to create customer loyalty which is a very important point in any business.

yes also soma will accept many payment methods like bitcoin ether and litecoin and Utrust payment etc. i think this project gonna on top. i am so excited because i am part of this project. me and my friend already in invested on Soma project.

What are the products that you can buy on the Social Marketplace?

Well that mostly depends what the community wants to sell. Its a marketplace for reselling things you don't need anymore.

Ok but in general everything could be sold there, right? Isn't it just like amazon in some sense?

Since individuals will be selling their stuff, i believe you will be able to sell anything there. Ok, for sure no illegal items but other stuff shouldn't be a problem to put everything on the platform.

the problem is that the term illegal is difficult to define in a decentralized environment. If you have clear boundaries around a certain jurisdiction, then that is easier. I say easier because even then there are court cases on a frequent basis trying to figure out whether something is illegal or not given the existing and valid laws. I am bringing this thought up because it could lead to manipulation issues on a blockchain based marketplace. How exactly does the voting work? Is it POS based? The more shares you have, the stronger your vote?
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:37:35 PM

alpha release available on web site. i am going to take a look. nice job team

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:47:14 PM

maybe there is a way to promote a product and get paid for it

You mean like if a company or something want's to sell products there, you can, as a normal user, promote the product to get paid? For example write reviews and share the product?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:00:27 PM

Is this similar to theViralExchange? You earn viral points for executing actions on socials (like, rt, etc...) and you can you use those points to put your page in or you can exchange them for the blitz currency

No, it does not. This is more like a social network with the ability to trade within the network. Where goods have a sales history. Also, the possibility of payments in the crypto currency is added here.

I see, it's like a marketplace forum, like we see in a lot of forums, but it's kind of regulated (PayPal has buyer protection and UTrust will have buyer protection) and also people can earn SOMA tokens buy promoting other products or perform social actions. Is that right?

Yes, your analogy is also very good. But all these are our preliminary ideas about SOMA, compiled according to documents, description. In fact, perhaps this system will be even better than we now imagine for ourselves.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:27:32 PM

Is this similar to theViralExchange? You earn viral points for executing actions on socials (like, rt, etc...) and you can you use those points to put your page in or you can exchange them for the blitz currency

No, it does not. This is more like a social network with the ability to trade within the network. Where goods have a sales history. Also, the possibility of payments in the crypto currency is added here.

I see, it's like a marketplace forum, like we see in a lot of forums, but it's kind of regulated (PayPal has buyer protection and UTrust will have buyer protection) and also people can earn SOMA tokens buy promoting other products or perform social actions. Is that right?

Yes, your analogy is also very good. But all these are our preliminary ideas about SOMA, compiled according to documents, description. In fact, perhaps this system will be even better than we now imagine for ourselves.

yes could be better or could be worse. But then again like you said. The developers could see something we cannot even imagine.. words cannot fully express our imagination.. i appreciate all ico except those whose intention is pump and dump
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:01:57 PM

it would be a shame for people not to have a demo in their hands before the ICO ends. they should launch for Android as well.

Ah perfect, I'm waiting for it.
frcat

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:10:53 PM

Its looks like Pinterest? Right? What minimum raised funds for development product here?
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:21:08 PM

Its looks like Pinterest? Right? What minimum raised funds for development product here?

Soma does not have any soft cap in its ICO as far as I know, because they are already backed up by venture funding from the earlier funding rounds.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:22:37 PM

Yes a demo is a good argument for investors, they see that the product is under development and will be able to work soon after the launch. Soma Have a lot of great argument to have a successful ico, the partnership with Utrust will also be a great argument.
webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:27:03 PM

Soma does not have any soft cap in its ICO as far as I know, because they are already backed up by venture funding from the earlier funding rounds.

They already raised 14267ETH/120000ETH. Soma is a promising project and i think they will reach their hard cap.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:38:03 PM

They already raised 14267ETH/120000ETH. Soma is a promising project and i think they will reach their hard cap.

Damn! You are right, that's a lot of money already, hard to tell if they rise the max cap with the fixed ratio. Hopefully yes.
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:48:10 PM

it would be a shame for people not to have a demo in their hands before the ICO ends. they should launch for Android as well.

I think their Android Alpha version is currently in development as stated in SOMA website. I hope it will be released before the ICO.

Is this something we can test by dowloading the alpha on Github? If user can test the alpha it will get them more excited. People always give more value to something they own or used before
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:58:37 PM

I think their Android Alpha version is currently in development as stated in SOMA website. I hope it will be released before the ICO.

Is this something we can test by dowloading the alpha on Github? If user can test the alpha it will get them more excited. People always give more value to something they own or used before

I don't think the code is publicly available on GitHub. It's a closed beta for IOS on which you can request access on the website. I've requested access but haven't yet received the TestFlight mail.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:16:47 PM

Damn! You are right, that's a lot of money already, hard to tell if they rise the max cap with the fixed ratio. Hopefully yes.

I would imagine they already raised their imaginary soft cap because 4mio$ is a lot of money for recent projects if we keep in mind, that crypto economy is only recovering after the China ban.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:30:47 PM

Users will earn SCT for likes, followings and shares. What will they like follow and share? Online shops? Just don't understand

Just a guess, but I think it might be the other way around? ie. users earn SCT when other people link, follow, or share their products. Otherwise it will be very easy for an individual to just like/follow lots of things to earn SCT. It is still easy, the other way around, but less easy.

Indeed, they will like, share the stuff people are selling.
So if you are someone with a high rating and you like or share something from someone, people will trust this product and will buy it when you share it instead of someone new. You can compare it with Facebook x Steemit.

Will your rating on Soma be determined by your SCT balance, or is the rating mechanism separate from the tokens?
Rating system based only on balance would be just stupid because some whales would have the best rating out there Cheesy
I agree, the rating should be conducted according to relevance, the requests of people should be taken into account that to whom it is more interesting

so, how to make rating system better? track record? or trust point from other user?

I automatically assumed that some of track record / performance rating will be their solution.

i like it, so SOMA will read the track record and give the manager trust point.

If you have your way the actual currency of meritocracy will be trust points.

Then what is the point of SCT?
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:31:03 PM

so thank you for your advises for the upload i hope it works

Here are the first screenshots of the alphaversion on ios imcurrently i a rush so ill post a quick review after going to the gym Wink

https://imgur.com/a/PMMel
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:48:12 PM

so thank you for your advises for the upload i hope it works

Here are the first screenshots of the alphaversion on ios imcurrently i a rush so ill post a quick review after going to the gym Wink

https://imgur.com/a/PMMel

thanks man, this looks pretty basic IMO. but then again it is alpha

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: