Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:06:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner Openday Wednesday 5th & Monday 10th June  (Read 91298 times)
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:03:34 PM

Buyer protection waa waaa its called paypal fucking idiots which lets you pay with your credit card

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:22:27 PM

Buyer protection waa waaa its called paypal fucking idiots which lets you pay with your credit card

Go back a few posts and read what I did earlier. Barclaycard said they cover beyond Paypal's buyer protection regardless of Paypal.

Call your card co.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
idee2013

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:30:22 PM

Go back a few posts and read what I did earlier. Barclaycard said they cover beyond Paypal's buyer protection regardless of Paypal.

Call your card co.

I can confirm that with barclaycard, but they need a Shipping week/date
buckus69

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:02:41 PM

What does the community think?  After BFL's fiasco, I'm rightly hesitant to believe any ASIC company will have product until it actually delivers something.  Is KNCMiner sounding like they can legitimately deliver?
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:22:46 PM

Call your card co.

Protection in the US depending on card is 60-90days you also have up to one year but it gets complicated.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 06:23:03 PM

I took the liberty and quoted the following from PL from a BFL thread:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside#user_responsibilities

Part 4

Prohibited Transactions. You agree that you will not use PayPal to accept payment for illegal products or services, including but not limited to materials that infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties. You will not use the Service, the PayPal website or any of the services offered therein for any unlawful or fraudulent activity. If PayPal (or Wells Fargo, in connection with processing credit card transactions) has reason to believe that you may be engaging in or have engaged in fraudulent, unlawful, or improper activity, including without limitation any violation of any terms and conditions of this Agreement, your access to the Service may be suspended or terminated. Further, if such behavior involved a MasterCard or VISA credit card transaction, it may result in you/your business being prevented from registering for payment acceptance through any payment provider or directly with any bank acquirer operating under license to either the MasterCard or VISA card associations. You will cooperate fully with PayPal Wells Fargo, MasterCard or VISA to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including but not limited to granting authorized PayPal representatives "guest" or "member" access to any password-protected portions of your website.

You also agree not to use your PayPal account to sell goods with delivery dates delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment, or to sell securities, business opportunities, franchises or multi-level marketing or goods with delivery delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment. You agree not to impersonate a PayPal User or a PayPal representative, or to request that a PayPal customer provide you with their password or other information to access their account.

=================

Highlights for pointing out the obvious...
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:29:25 PM

Well. That's me done.......... Good luck to anyone who orders with these guys. 

Taking orders before the open day, with just a lame youtube vid showing a box lol. C'mon guys, really??

No direct credit card payments??. Zero buyer protection.

I was trying to give these guys the benefit of the doubt but they have blown it for me. It seems to me they are looking for investors rather than customers. You take all the risk, they reap the rewards. Sounds fair doesn't it?

BTW I'll be willing to build you all an Asic if you pay me all the money upfront and wait a few months, with no guarantee you'll ever get the Asic or your money back. I'm sure I can find partners to help me as I have zero experience. PM me if you're interested  Tongue
chaxattack

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:05:00 PM

While terse - it kind of feels like PG was a bit right... Hmmmm.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 07:15:34 PM

While terse - it kind of feels like PG was a bit right... Hmmmm.

Pay no attention this guy!  Grin Grin Grin

Name:   chaxattack
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   May 01, 2013, 03:32:38 PM
Last Active:   Today at 02:04:17 PM
Melnik
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1029

MN HOSTING

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 09:15:15 PM

Guys, could you please explain to me, why they put video of Mars which they do not want to sell for the moment. And do not put any video of products which they want to sell??? And simultaneously they start to collect money for these other products? I do not see any logic behind this.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:17:39 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 09:40:15 PM by Bitcoinorama

I took the liberty and quoted the following from PL from a BFL thread:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside#user_responsibilities

Part 4

Prohibited Transactions. You agree that you will not use PayPal to accept payment for illegal products or services, including but not limited to materials that infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties. You will not use the Service, the PayPal website or any of the services offered therein for any unlawful or fraudulent activity. If PayPal (or Wells Fargo, in connection with processing credit card transactions) has reason to believe that you may be engaging in or have engaged in fraudulent, unlawful, or improper activity, including without limitation any violation of any terms and conditions of this Agreement, your access to the Service may be suspended or terminated. Further, if such behavior involved a MasterCard or VISA credit card transaction, it may result in you/your business being prevented from registering for payment acceptance through any payment provider or directly with any bank acquirer operating under license to either the MasterCard or VISA card associations. You will cooperate fully with PayPal Wells Fargo, MasterCard or VISA to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including but not limited to granting authorized PayPal representatives "guest" or "member" access to any password-protected portions of your website.

You also agree not to use your PayPal account to sell goods with delivery dates delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment, or to sell securities, business opportunities, franchises or multi-level marketing or goods with delivery delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment. You agree not to impersonate a PayPal User or a PayPal representative, or to request that a PayPal customer provide you with their password or other information to access their account.

=================

Highlights for pointing out the obvious...

Sorry what's the point?! I rang Paypal and Barclaycard earlier and they were cool. PayPal covers the first 45 days, Barclaycard takes over after. I was surprised, but they do. I even recorded the fraud dept lady so I have future proof. I asked twice as I was under the impression it ccard consumer protection was negated when using
PayPal, but my card company says they are happy for me to proceed.

EDIT: I've just seen the thread you pulled that from; the BFL bulk chip thread. I had already given my above advice about calling my CCard company and that people shoild call their card company and do their due diligence. PLibre who you 'took the liberty of quoting from a BFL thread' had already acknowledged and agreed with me about CCard chargebacks. If you want to help do some real research or at least read the rest of the thread you were quoting from.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:19:32 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 10:25:28 PM by Bitcoinorama

Guys, could you please explain to me, why they put video of Mars which they do not want to sell for the moment. And do not put any video of products which they want to sell??? And simultaneously they start to collect money for these other products? I do not see any logic behind this.

Logic comes from the fact two days ago you didn't want mars, so there's no need to manufacture it beyond a prototype as it can only hash for bitcoin and has a limited lifecycle. They ditched it on your demands.

Now they have, you want it?!

jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:34:57 PM

When a thread is gone like this, should we call it "butterfly effect"?

P.s.
Battletoads game anyone?

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:26:37 PM

I'm sure the credit card company will honer their obligations.  Where it will get interesting is what Paypal will do when they receive the chargeback order. Paypal will be liable. Who will they then go after for the money? KNC will have already spent it on supplies.

If that is not a worry, where it will get really interesting as a buyer, is when the chargeback cut-off date gets close to the shipping date.  What if KNC slips on your shipping date (you did get a shipping date right?). You will have to cancel or take the risk.  Think of the dilemma that will be.

And what happens if 100's of orders are cancelled at the same time?  Insolvency
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:27:41 PM

i thought paypal forbids buying anything related to bitcoin, including miners.

or is that just ebay?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:29:20 PM

i thought paypal forbids buying anything related to bitcoin, including miners.

or is that just ebay?

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/04/24/paypal-president-is-fascinated-by-bitcoin-says-company-is-thinking-about-including-the-virtual-currency/

ecliptic

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:33:37 PM

Right, it's ebay, not paypal, apparently

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1fj6c3/ebay_canceled_my_asicminer_usb_auctions/
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:49:15 PM

eBay's been getting raped recently.

Uninformed buyers trusting eBay to sort out their stupid decisions. Loads on new accounts selling BFL pre-orders with zero evidence of owning one. I saw one bitcointalk user querying about buying an Avalon he found on there. The same auction had been listed on three separate occasions, by three different listers. I saved his ass of $20k, and pointed out he should have done some research politely. An hour later he was in this thread asking dumb questions prepared to invest blindly. I asked him what gives, has he learnt nothing, he should read up, and he started trash talking me.

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:43:44 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 01:12:00 AM by dan99

Why they just dump the Mars FPGA? What was the reasons?

Anyone Take Photo and Videos of the event? what was your impression of them? Did they answer your questions?
erschiessen

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:10:59 AM

I am probably in the minority, but I ordered a Mars, for the discount on Jupiter, but also to have the Mars.

An expensive 6 GH machine, but it would have mined BTC for a bit before the difficulty goes through the roof.
It would make ROI before the majority of Avalon chips reach the wild, in all likelihood.

KnC FUD'd themselves today.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: