Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121768 times)
afterfiat

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:13:14 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 08:03:49 PM by afterfiat

@Dario3000
Read this thread in its entirety (well, except the parts where my eyes glazed over) yesterday.  I didn't see my question addressed so I'll ask...

Have you approached Hashnest/Bitmain about getting transaction information?

The transaction log entry types include at least:
  • deposit
  • withdrawal
  • hash shop purchase
  • hash buy
  • hash sell
  • hash mining payout for block
  • hash maintenance fee for block
  • LuckyHash ticket(s) purchase
  • LuckyHash win
  • PACMIC purchase
  • PACMIC payout
  • PACMIC reinvest

The transaction log columns are:
  • Date (UTC timestamp)
  • Amount (+/- up to 8 decimal places, trailing zeros omitted)
  • Balance (+/- up to 8 decimal places, trailing zeros omitted), then spacing, then one of { BTC, LTC, ANTL3, ANTS9, ... }
  • Type (Contract, Deposit, Trade, Withdrawal, etc.)
  • Comment - multiple formats (less than 30 though)

My transaction log as of now has over 1.3 million entries.

I'm hoping that either (a) Hashnest/Bitmain will work with you to directly integrate or (b) at least provide data exporting that you can use.

For the latter, their HTML transaction log is very quick for the most recent 20 transactions but reaching backwards through older pages (including jumping to the last page) is incredibly slow and often times out.

They also have a "Download Report" button that almost always fails/times out -- but when it does work it gives you an Excel (xlsx file).

AFAIK, they've never upgraded their API to allow transaction data downloading directly.  I've also tried using the filtering on the Transactions page to download, for example Jan 1 2017 to Jan 1 2017, and even that small slice of data times out consistently.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pietpiraat

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:33:23 AM

Hello Dario,

Is it possible to make the following ;

Reporting -> Daily balance ; Select the coins to show for printing or an option to only show coins still in my in my possession (portfolio) and hide the 0 balances.
Bermuda666

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 02:04:07 AM

Hey everyone,

Again we´ve put a lot of time and effort into the development of new improvements,
to make the lifes of our users easier and more secure Smiley :

Google 2-Step Verification and other security features NEW

You can now secure your CoinTracking account with a 2-Step Verification.
In addition, we have installed additional security features you can find here:
Account -> Settings -> Security Settings

New time zone settings

We have completely revised our time zone setting. Now, changes to the time zone are possible at any time and immediately affect all data and trades.

Bulk Edit function NEW

New function for mass processing of trades or for the adjustment of time zones.
To be found on the "Enter Coins" page -> "Bulk Edit/Delete".

We hope it´s useful for you.

Best regards,
The Cointracking Team

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
- Now over 20% Discount on our Lifetime plans (Limited Time)
- 5% Discount when paying in Bitcoin, plus an additional 10% Discount on all plans by using this link: bit.ly/rebate-ct
Bermuda666

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 02:20:12 AM

Hello Dario,

Is it possible to make the following ;

Reporting -> Daily balance ; Select the coins to show for printing or an option to only show coins still in my in my possession (portfolio) and hide the 0 balances.

Hey @Pietpiraat,

thank you for the suggestion.

I´ve put that on our idea list. We will think about something like this and if it would be a benefit for all users.

For now, you are able to export the data in different ways and to edit it afterwards. Maybe this will help for some time.

Best regards,
Keven

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
- 5% Discount when paying in Bitcoin, plus an additional 10% Discount on all plans by using this link: bit.ly/rebate-ct
bustomi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:59:43 AM

Very useful tool, but is that a software or just a plug-in in browser to use that tool?
Bermuda666

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 03:04:53 PM

Very useful tool, but is that a software or just a plug-in in browser to use that tool?

Hey @bustomi,

Thank you for you interest. Smiley

Our service is an online software, accessible via any browser.

Maybe you should give it a try.
https://cointracking.info/

I hope it´ll be useful for you.

Best regards,
Keven

afterfiat

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:41:23 PM

@Bermuda666 - Your thoughts on post 534?
Pietpiraat

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:11:51 AM

Will there come an option to add WavesDEX through Manual Import or maybe even automatic import ?
Dario3000 (OP)

Activity: 760
Merit: 516

CoinTracking - Crypto Portfolio & Tax Management

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 10:41:10 PM

@afterfiat:
I've never used Hashnest/Bitmain, but 1.3 million entries is a lot Smiley

If it's possible to download the full history as Excel list (at least sometimes Wink ), I would recommend to sum all values by day.
This should be much easier.
Once you have the data ready in Excel, it should be easy to import them using the Custom Exchange Import.

If you need help with the Custom Exchange Import, let me know via a ticket, and I will try to set the import up for you.

@Pietpiraat:
No currently not.
Is there an export feature in the client to download the history?
This way it should be possible to import it into CoinTracking.

Best,
Dario

CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
Need help? CoinTracking FAQ
afterfiat

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:34:17 PM

@Dario3000

1. Thanks for the follow-up.  I was already underway trying to extract the data from Hashnest to local files so that I can then reformat for attempted import into CoinTracking, but I was hopeful you guys might want to directly integrate Hashnest support.  Even so, I'll keep you posted on my progress (if you're interested).

2. Kudos for this (from your pro.php page) policy...

Lifetime CoinTracking Guarantee:
Buying the lifelong use, the buyer receives the lifelong CoinTracking warranty. This means:
Should the CoinTracking service ever be disabled or permanent no longer usable (it does not matter whether in one year or in 30 years), all buyers with a lifetime CoinTracking guarantee will receive the entire source code of CoinTracking and may use all the tools on their own server or self-installing on their Desktop PC.
The buyer will receive all rights to the code and can use it both privately and commercial.

I wish more software / service providers had such an approach.

3. Suggestion: The "max. 200 trades" of the free account is very limiting.  For example, with my Hashnest data I can't really evaluate the usefulness of CoinTracking with such a small limit.  Please consider offering a "TRIAL" that is "FREE 200 forever, unlimited for a limited time".  The limited time might be a week or a day.  More specifically, I'm curious how the performance will be but buying an Unlimited just to find that out is a bit spendy.

4. Question: After buying the Unlimited One Year plan (0.09 BTC), is the upgrade to Unlimited Lifetime at full price (0.53 BTC) or is it discounted (0.44 BTC)?

Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 06:55:55 PM

@afterfiat:

Thanks a lot Smiley
I will contact the Hashnest support. Maybe they can create a better export.

In the first week after the registration, there is no trade limit.
You can add as many trades as you like.
There is currently no other trial.

But basically the functions of an account with 200 trades are pretty much the same with an account with 200,000 trades.
So if you like what you see with 200 trades, you will probably like it as well with 200k trades.
And if you don't like what you see with 200 trades, adding 200k additional trades will probably not make it better Smiley

Don't worry about the performance Smiley

You can switch from PRO to UNLIMITED with a discount.
There is no discount from 1 year to lifetime.
But I always try to find a good solution. So just send us a mail and I will figure out something for you (at least if your 1 year package is not 1 week before expiration) Smiley

Have a nice weekend,
Dario

CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
ALargeOrangeCat

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:16:50 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 08:50:59 AM by ALargeOrangeCat

Hi,

I recently purchased Cointracking and have everything imported - great job on the software.

However I have run into an issue. The way that Cointracking calculates average purchase value doesn't make sense to me, I'm hoping you can explain.

Say I have a run of buys & sells with a particular coin. Then at some point I sell all my coins & take profit. After I've done this I'm effectively at zero value with this coin.

If I then buy a quantity of that coin at a new value, the new price divided by the new quantity is my new average purchase price, and the buy/sell average of the past should not be relevant.

The way your averaging system works is all of these earlier transactions continue to factor into my purchase price even after I've zero'd my balance with a coin. So if I'm at zero coins & buy 1,000 coins at $1,000, I get an average purchase price of more or less than $1. This creates incorrect profit & loss values in the chart.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 12:57:50 AM

Hi Dario,

During the recent Bitcoin split, I've held my Bitcoins in the Bitcoin Core wallet. Now I'm asking myself how I should enter the additional BCH coins I can claim into CoinTracking. Can you provide some guidance?

Thanks.
Hey taipalag,

I can recommend these 2 methods to enter your BCH:

1) The easy way:
Add your BCH as "gift" with a cost basis of 274.59 USD per coin (the initial price on August 1st).

2) The correct way:
To make it 100% tax compliant, you would have to search for every single BTC transaction you made (before August 1st) and create an additional BCH transaction at the same date/time and with the same amount (just with a 0 USD cost basis).
At the end (on August 1st) you will have the same amount of BCH as your BTC amount in your CoinTracking account.

But if you have hundreds of BTC transactions this method can be quite time wasting.
If you plan to keep your BCH for more than 1 year, you can ignore this method and go with the first one, as your BCH will be tax free anyway.

I hope that helps.

@ALargeOrangeCat:
The calculation you're looking for is on the "Realized and unrealized gains" page.
It will work exactly as described in your post. Smiley

The Average purchase price will sum all your coins and calculate one average price.
This can be a nice info but is not a gains calculation.

Best regards,
Dario

ALargeOrangeCat

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:00:31 AM

Thanks for the clarification Dario, that's exactly what I was looking for!

CoinTracking is fantastic, I'm really impressed with this. I can't believe I've used Blockfolio for so long  Grin
Barisko

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:49:11 AM

Hi,

In Account Settings, I've set my main currency to EUR, but when looking at the Current Balance page, I notice that the trends (Trend 24h, Trend 7d, Trend 30d and 30 days trend in USD (Graph)) still use USD as a the reference currency. It would be useful if the trends also take the main currency as a reference.

PS. I'm new here and to CoinTracking, must say: very impressed!  Smiley
V.pop85

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:29:08 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 08:59:53 AM by V.pop85

Hi Dario,
I hold an Unlimited Licence and I have some issues..
ALargeOrangeCat has a point ,I am running in the same issue...and i am mostly using the Relaized / Unrealized Gains TAB
When we (the users)  liquidate position and then start a new one , the software doesn't show correct info. It should know that we started over and not take into account the previous price to calculate an average . It is important to know the correct average price in case we want to short sell a coin for a buy-back at a lower price.

I use your service to keep track of more than 25 coins where I update (buy and sell) positions very often .
Other example I can give you:
I buyed STRAT at an average price of .0030 BTC and kept it  and after some time STRAT was .0020 BTC and buyed X ammount and after a few days , it went to .0024 and I sold the X amount taking profit ... Now I see REALIZED LOSS of 2 BTC on STRAT and the Gain from the X amount was 1 BTC.
1 more example:
I made 30 BTC profit on ETH and it was displayed as Realized Gain , then buyed some more and got stuck with it at 0.11...yesterday I made a quick trade and buyed and sold ETH for some profit ,now the balance shows lower Realized Gain and lower average purchase price, but the old ETH position stayed intact .

You should do something with the Algorithm to "recognize" these trades .
I always trade and import using Exchanger's API and refresh the (UN)Realized Gains page every 5-10 minutes so i can see how I am standing and when to take profit .
Also, ANS rebranded to NEO and it doesn't get updated anymore....You should Merge ANS with NEO

Thanks ,
Victor
ALargeOrangeCat

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:47:20 AM

+1 on the request to update the ANS to NEO rebrand. This coin is skyrocketing right now.
6Asmodeus6

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:55:54 AM

It realy is an amazing service.Just today i saw in a topic,people were discussing what to use for calculating profit and now I saw this topic.I don't know if it will be too burden now but is it possible to add coin and prices for ourself just to test the system.
V.pop85

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:56:25 AM

+1 on the request to update the ANS to NEO rebrand. This coin is skyrocketing right now.

It shows up in Cointracking , but as a new coin , and I just sold some ANS after reranding and i am seeing a negative balance on NEO.
Does my post make sense to you ? Do you get the same problems as i do?
Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 09:27:22 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 02:31:31 AM by Dario3000

@V.pop85:
Please ensure, you are using the "Average of unsold Assets as Cost Basis" setting instead of the "Average of all Assets as Cost Basis".
This will work exactly as you have described it and calculate gains only on the remaining an unsold amount, while the other setting will calculate the cost basis based on all ever purchased coin of a type.

@Barisko:
Correct, the mini-charts and the trends are based on USD.
I will think about a way to show them in EUR and other currencies, but they will look pretty much the same in EUR.

@V.pop85 & ALargeOrangeCat
NEO is already listed on CoinTracking. The coin icon will update soon as well.

@6Asmodeus6:
Sure, you can just play with the demo account.

Best,
Dario

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: