Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121800 times)
lcga

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:05:07 PM

Hi, I'm planning an upgrade to pro version since I'm reaching the transaction limit and this tool does everything I need.

If by chance I pass the Pro limit is there a way to upgrade to unlimited or I need to pay full license again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
janarel

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:57:21 AM

Hi, I'm planning an upgrade to pro version since I'm reaching the transaction limit and this tool does everything I need.

If by chance I pass the Pro limit is there a way to upgrade to unlimited or I need to pay full license again?

You can upgrade to unlimited and will get a discount since you have pro:)

I just checked my cointracking pro and I can upgrade to unlimited for:
1year 0,01BTC (0,009 discount as pro)
2year 0,012BTC (0,017 discount as pro)
lifetime (0.017 BTC discount as Pro User and 0.2 BTC promo discount)

If you need additional discount when buying pro you can get an 10% off pro if you use an refferal code.

I am happy to share mine if you want, just send a pm
silentrunner

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:41:32 AM

What is the "Multi-Blockchain-API" used for altcoin wallet imports?

Is this something that we could possibly contribute to?  I work with the zencash team and would like to see zen included.
cruxio

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:20:51 PM

Ahh, I did not realize that, that much work would have to go into it.  I thought it would be easy enough to put all of the assets onto your website, then let us put in how many shares we have, then simply update the price for each one, but without an API (I didnt realize they didnt have one) I dont see how this could be done easily.  Thanks for the quick reply and I may look into using this site when such a feature is added, but since I dont day trade very often with my coins anymore, I am not sure this site would be helpful currently.
CoinTracking Dominik

Activity: 198
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:57:42 PM

According to this thread the ACB (Adjusted Cost Basis) method required for Canadian and Swedish citizens was supposed to be completed in the first quarter of 2018.

Any update on this?
This is a much desired feature on which our developers are working at full speed. We hope to be able to implement this calculation method soon.

What is the "Multi-Blockchain-API" used for altcoin wallet imports?
We use https://chainz.cryptoid.info/

colin012

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:50:38 PM

CoinTracking Development Team:

I purchased your Unlimited plan a while ago and I am pretty happy with it so far. However, there are a few features I would like to see implemented in the near future.

The list below is ordered by how important the features are to me and links are provided to send you to the relevant data where it is not self explanatory.

• Gemini Automatic API Imorts: I noticed you have Gemini standard Exchange Imports but not Automatic API Imports. I recently started my switch to Gemini (I know a lot of people think Gemini is a government sellout, but even then, so is Coinbase and I don't want to pay the extra high costs on LocalBitcoins under most circumstances) to save money on Coinbase's outrageous fees. It would be nice to have automatic imports from Gemini's API.
  • Automatic API Imports From Mobile App: not a huge deal because it is one setup and then it is done, but it still would be nice to add and edit stuff from the app.
  • OAuth2 Support for Coinbase: it would be nice to use OAuth2 instead of an API for Coinbase imports as it is more secure and Coinbase supports it.
  • Add Barchart Price Data for USD Exchange: Barchart has some of the most accurate cryptocurrency price data out there. It probably won't be free to access but would be a nice premium feature for Unlimited or Pro accounts.

Thank you for reading and for providing a great service to the crypto community!

Sincerely,
colin012

NXT Organization Marketing
chev70

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:58:45 AM

how you in port coins as airdrops?
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:34:14 AM

Hey guys, I have a doubt. In my country the trading tax law between currencies does not account the trades between foreign currencies (so cryptos can be reasonably considered foreign currencies) so you only have to pay taxes when you convert any of those owned currencies into the country currency.

I have cointracking (unlimited license), and have all my trades imported, but for the tax calculation I would like to use only the pairs that include my currency for calculating gains. Is this possible? Please help me, tax due date is very near.
rjona

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:52:19 PM

I'm trying to enter an ICO for which there is no exchange price yet.  I have followed the instructions and entered a custom coin symbol and manually set the trade price, but the coin does not show up in my coin summary or in my dashboard.  Why is this?  According to the instructions it should show up in the summary under the Enter Coins tab.
cruxio

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:57:04 PM

Hello ,

I've read in that thread and on a previous post that the POLONIEX API support was on the TO DO list.
Is it still planned?
It would be really handy to support this exchange regarding its popularity for some alt-coins according to "Coinmarketcap".
Moreover, as for me, it seems that the .csv import is buggy.
It displays an incorrect amount for some of my coins.
And for some coins that I do not own anymore, my dashboard display a low residual value...
trader4ext

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:43:02 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 01:54:34 PM by trader4ext

Hello,

on the individual coins' info pages (showing price history), could we have information about the marketcaps as well? To find this information there as well seems quite logical.
At the moment we need to always additionally check with coinmarketcap.com for that information.
It would help very much!

Thanks!
misterbtc18

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:41:31 PM

I get paid in btc and I mark incoming transactions as income, and when I have a business expense I use the spend option.  For any transfers between wallets I debit one wallet and credit the other as a deposit and withdrawal.  Whenever I sell some of my bitcoin for good I mark it as a withdrawal on its own.

The problem is that my taxes are extremely off, it shows me as never having a loss on any coin sale even though I have had alot.  Am I denoting one of them incorrectly?
Teress

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:11:22 AM

Today my dashboard got a new web look. Oh God. It is terrible. Before it was fast, clean, very easy readable and man could get very fast oriented itself. Now? Now it much much much worse Sad Give us the option to switch to previous theme (CSS). I have bought last week PRO account and now I regret. Sad
nicecryptos

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:32:51 PM
Merited by ebliever (2)

Today my dashboard got a new web look. Oh God. It is terrible.

I came here to say this. The visual are broken and I'm not going to use it any more, you broke your product.
I've been using it for the past years and sure the design is a bit old and dated but it works and it's functional.

The new design is terrible, I see what you tried to do but you fail in every respect.
Notice how they removed all horizontal separator lines on all rows? Notice how you can't separate content visually anymore?

* Information weighting: There is none! There's bold everywhere and I see something like 6 different headings. Everything has the same importance, it's just all "IMPORTANT", "LOOK HERE", "CONTENT".

* Separation: All separator lines are removed, no separation on background and foreground. All content just floats together in a lump of unreadable gibberish.

* Colors: The light grey in the background is too similar to the white, there is no definition. The white flows together with the grey, it's unsettling to look at since your brain can't make a clear distinction between the two. Just looks blurry. The rest of the signal colors (charts/graphs etc) bleeds like crazy, they are way to saturated and ends up burning my retinas.

* Fonts: The font chosen does not look good in bold, the font bleeds and renders like crap.

It's a crying shame your treating your product like this, you are ruining it for everyone. I dont know who talked you in to this new design but just know that person/persons are not designers and probably know little to nothing about proper visual design.

I am a Interface Designer with 15+ years of work experience and this just breaks my heart.
I'll do a quick mockup of what this design could look like for you and we'll talk.
WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:53:56 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 02:40:10 PM by WickedPigeon
Merited by ebliever (2)

The update "look" is no big deal. It's not terrible nor great and I'll get use to it.

I remain a committed user and supporter of Cointracking. BUT... I think the Dev team could/should use their resources elsewhere and not in fonts and color changes.

CT has felt, to me, a bit confused as to what it wants to be. Is it Portfolio (trading) management tool or a Accounting/tracking tool. Right now it seems to be lost in between, doing both half way, rather than mastering one.  

I would like to see more robust accounting/tracking features - defining Exchanges prior to/rather than entering them on the fly. I would like to see tools to help reconcile accounts against exchanges and wallets. And wider selection of reports.

Additional resources helping Mining (POW), Master nodes, and POS. Reports that could help analyses daily/monthly run and return rates.

CT is best thing out there for tax and tracking. But improvements on core functions, interface with exchanges/wallets and reports are really needed, not changing looks, fonts and colors.

So... thanks for what you have, and let's see the next level of functions and reports sooner rather than later.    

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
Teress

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:21:13 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 03:53:43 PM by Teress

sorry, but how it looks now it would make each junior CSS coder after 1 day of learning. Lots of wasted space, unintuitive, missing one graph, and as whole it is not good readable and that is the main problem. Previously I had 50% of all of my coins on single page before need to scroll down, now it is just about half of it. Font again decreased readability, colors - ufff, that guy/girl who did it must be blind or what.

I liked your site and info what it offers, thats why I bought the PRO account, but now I really regret it and would like to get my money back, because you changed “gaming rules” without asking and giving the option to revert back, so now your site is for me absolutly unusable. Or usabale, but everytime I have to go there to add some transaction ot ust view I am pissed off and I am not looking forward to view your site again and that is bad sign. I will have to switch to another service.

So if you so much needed to make this terrible visual change, than GIVE US THE POSSIBILITY TO SIMPLY SWITCH TO PREVIOUS LOOK. Now you have theme light, dimmed and dark. So do another - PREVIOUS theme. If you will not do it, I really stop using your ugly looking site now...
nicecryptos

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:34:05 PM

I did a simple redesign of Current Balance where I basically just left everything where it was and only re-aligned all elements with a different font: Roboto.
I used the blue to highlight the important parts for that page, it guides the eyes and gives a quicker overview of the page.
A subtle outline on the white elements gives them a better contrast against the background.

Teress

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:37:10 AM
Merited by ebliever (2)

I did a simple redesign of Current Balance where I basically just left everything where it was and only re-aligned all elements with a different font: Roboto.
I used the blue to highlight the important parts for that page, it guides the eyes and gives a quicker overview of the page.
A subtle outline on the white elements gives them a better contrast against the background.

Don't waste your time doing their homework. Yes, yours looks much better. But the fact is, previous old look was old school, not modern, but was very easy readable a I could quickly orient on the page. Also more info fit into one page. When I look at it now, half of the page is just a header on 4 rows with huge blank space on the top left, second half only part of graphs. What I am interested the most is on the bottom - my coins overview. So I have to scroll up and down all the time. Terrible Sad I don't get why quite everywhere people are tuning their products but mostly to the worst side.

Your looks better also because you don't have there those stupid unimportant boxes. I don't want all of the stats like Last trade, Total trades etc., its only wasting the space of the page. Why we don't have the option simply just select what we want to display on the frontpage and what to hide?
TOPBILL

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:52:55 AM

Today my dashboard got a new web look. Oh God. It is terrible.

I came here to say this. The visual are broken and I'm not going to use it any more, you broke your product.
I've been using it for the past years and sure the design is a bit old and dated but it works and it's functional.

The new design is terrible, I see what you tried to do but you fail in every respect.
Notice how they removed all horizontal separator lines on all rows? Notice how you can't separate content visually anymore?

* Information weighting: There is none! There's bold everywhere and I see something like 6 different headings. Everything has the same importance, it's just all "IMPORTANT", "LOOK HERE", "CONTENT".

* Separation: All separator lines are removed, no separation on background and foreground. All content just floats together in a lump of unreadable gibberish.

* Colors: The light grey in the background is too similar to the white, there is no definition. The white flows together with the grey, it's unsettling to look at since your brain can't make a clear distinction between the two. Just looks blurry. The rest of the signal colors (charts/graphs etc) bleeds like crazy, they are way to saturated and ends up burning my retinas.

* Fonts: The font chosen does not look good in bold, the font bleeds and renders like crap.

It's a crying shame your treating your product like this, you are ruining it for everyone. I dont know who talked you in to this new design but just know that person/persons are not designers and probably know little to nothing about proper visual design.

I am a Interface Designer with 15+ years of work experience and this just breaks my heart.
I'll do a quick mockup of what this design could look like for you and we'll talk.

Exactly.

I'm a paying Unlimited member and I was happy with the interface until 2 days ago. Now I waste triple the time with the horrendously bad FONT layout.

Cointracking.info Please go back to the original look. If it stays this way I will not renew as the interface is impossible to use now. You BROKE a great product and are losing customers..
Golerm

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Great service, except for the new fonts Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: