Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:47:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121747 times)
CoinTracking Dominik

Activity: 198
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:13:55 AM

does anyone has issue with bulk edit window.
the moment i click on the bulk edit, i get an empty popup
Which browser do you use?

Hi,
I'm holding holotokens (HOT),they were monitored correctly until today,i'm holding 441074 of them that i bought for 0.1 ETH,but tonight something changed during my sleep and it's not coming from an API update or something on my side.My account display everything in euros and until tonight the cost of those 441074 HOT tokens was around 31€,witch was the good amount compare to ETH price at this date
But this is what i have now:
https://preview.ibb.co/cG72KS/photo_2018_05_08_05_37_32.jpg

As you can see the cost of those token is 8741,48€...lol...insane,on my Cointracking Overview and Manual imports,the sell is correct and is 0.1ETH,so how can it became 8741,48€,i checked everything and there is no double entries or other stuff,it appears to be a dev bug.
Am i the only one with that bug,any other HOT tokens holders?

I hope the support team is reading those posts,thx for your help Wink
We know about the error and are currently investigating it. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Would it be possible to start tracking preciosu metals such as XAG and XAU, alongside with fiat investments as well? I think these are the features that are lacking in most crypto portfolio trackers at this time since a lot of crypto holders have investments in forex and precious metals as well.
We have nothing planned here at the moment.

What I would like to see is a feature to move coins between 2 accounts (own accounts) without having it count as a taxable event.
I use all transaction types and cant use any off those on the main account.
Would really like to track all altcoins i never see mining again on one account as getting a payout each hour or severeal times an hour are a pitty.

It could be like when sending to a exchange, I withdraw from the mining account and the deposit on the exchange i write as an deposit on the main account.
I can't do a deposit as mining on main account at the time i transfer to an exchange. It is already a taxable event when i get the mining payout.

If I see past that the tool is great:)
We want to integrate the function of a depot separation in the future. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you about ETA.

My dashboard no longer shows my portfolio...
Please write us a ticket via the HelpDesk so that we can check your account.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:18:59 PM

Glad to see some posts from CoinTracking on this thread. I've generally found good responses to my support tickets, but I appreciate seeing questions and answers posted here because it can help others with similar questions. Keep up the good work.

Also, last I checked, the deposit and withdrawal ID register as simple transfers, not trades, therefore not taxable events. Is that correct?

Hi,
I'm holding holotokens (HOT),they were monitored correctly until today,i'm holding 441074 of them that i bought for 0.1 ETH,but tonight something changed during my sleep and it's not coming from an API update or something on my side.My account display everything in euros and until tonight the cost of those 441074 HOT tokens was around 31€,witch was the good amount compare to ETH price at this date

As you can see the cost of those token is 8741,48€...lol...insane,on my Cointracking Overview and Manual imports,the sell is correct and is 0.1ETH,so how can it became 8741,48€,i checked everything and there is no double entries or other stuff,it appears to be a dev bug.

We know about the error and are currently investigating it. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Would it be possible to start tracking preciosu metals such as XAG and XAU, alongside with fiat investments as well? I think these are the features that are lacking in most crypto portfolio trackers at this time since a lot of crypto holders have investments in forex and precious metals as well.

What I would like to see is a feature to move coins between 2 accounts (own accounts) without having it count as a taxable event.
Would really like to track all altcoins i never see mining again on one account as getting a payout each hour or severeal times an hour are a pitty.

It could be like when sending to a exchange, I withdraw from the mining account and the deposit on the exchange i write as an deposit on the main account.
I can't do a deposit as mining on main account at the time i transfer to an exchange. It is already a taxable event when i get the mining payout.

We want to integrate the function of a depot separation in the future. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you about ETA.

Kpss_pro

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:25:59 PM

Friend, I also bother with this platform and always some part of Yes not working. Then I was tired of suffering and began to look for a worthy replacement. Pay attention to FinTab.io, they have a very handy desktop platform as well as a mobile app. The functionality is very high quality.
I cannot say that I am satisfied with this platform. Monotonous colors. And in principle it is unclear. Too many features that will be useful to experienced traders.
janarel

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:17:22 PM

"Also, last I checked, the deposit and withdrawal ID register as simple transfers, not trades, therefore not taxable events. Is that correct?"

As I have found if you just do a withdrawal from one account to a second account and then sell those to btc you will have a gain on the whole purchase as there is no previous purchases.
It then becomes a taxable event on the whole amount.

Where I live all income, mining, gifts etc are taxed at the moment off receiving. And when they are traded to different assets its either a gain or loss.

Glad to see some posts from CoinTracking on this thread. I've generally found good responses to my support tickets, but I appreciate seeing questions and answers posted here because it can help others with similar questions. Keep up the good work.

Also, last I checked, the deposit and withdrawal ID register as simple transfers, not trades, therefore not taxable events. Is that correct?

Hi,

Crypto__Men

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:45:11 PM

Great project, and why I never met him before. Now it will be easier to monitor your portfolio, you will not need to go to different exchanges and watch the growth
dxncra

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:45:18 PM

Initially the ethereum wallet address i connected to my Cointracking account was updating automatically, albeit on a bit of a delay in some cases more then a day's time.  Now the wallet address is not updating at all.  I can view coin balance in MetaMask and recent transactions are no longer being reflected in Cointracking.  Has anyone experienced this problem, or have a fix?  I had thought about deleting the address using "edit transaction job" and then creating a new transaction job.  But part of me thinks it is more likely to create a bigger headache. 
CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:23:18 PM

correct!

Initially the ethereum wallet address i connected to my Cointracking account was updating automatically, albeit on a bit of a delay in some cases more then a day's time.  Now the wallet address is not updating at all.  I can view coin balance in MetaMask and recent transactions are no longer being reflected in Cointracking.  Has anyone experienced this problem, or have a fix?  I had thought about deleting the address using "edit transaction job" and then creating a new transaction job.  But part of me thinks it is more likely to create a bigger headache. 
Please try to re create the import job and let me know if it worked.
dxncra

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:43:28 PM

"Recreating" as in DELETE that ETH address and then start from scratch?  Or create another transaction job on top as if it were new?  The later was already attempted and it does not work.  I attempted this as a way to force a refresh or a reboot of the call to the address.  Sadly it just generates a message tells me that the address already is part of a transaction job.  This leaves me with delete it, then create it again as the only untested solution to try.  I am reluctant to try without some form of guidance to specifically take the delete action. 
dxncra

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:56:10 PM

"Recreating" as in DELETE that ETH address and then start from scratch?  Or create another transaction job on top as if it were new?  The later was already attempted and it does not work.  I attempted this as a way to force a refresh or a reboot of the call to the address.  Sadly it just generates a message tells me that the address already is part of a transaction job.  This leaves me with delete it, then create it again as the only untested solution to try.  I am reluctant to try without some form of guidance to specifically take the delete action. 

So dominik, I decided to decided to give it an attempt using the DELETE option.  Some tokens updated after this, but my ETH balance is incorrect still.  I will try a few more times to see if cycling through the same process somehow triggers a refresh that an earlier iteration did not.
TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:55:23 PM

Is there any news on when/if the Average Cost (AVCO) method of calculation will be available on Cointracking. This was promised to be done in November 2017.  A recent post on 17 April 2018 said 3 weeks from then, which would give early May.  I'm hoping to start on last year's tax soon and don't want to start looking elsewhere, as I really like Cointracking.

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:02:25 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2018, 03:40:11 PM by WickedPigeon

I find it odd that if I base my portfolio on BTC pricing, BTC should be at 0% change and the USD at +.02% change. Instead, you have BTC changing regardless of the base currency. Why?

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
ICOMain.io

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 11:41:16 AM

it's very amasing. I will adopt this. It's very great!
OsirisMB

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:07:40 PM

What happens when two coins will have the same ticker?

I bought some Eximchain (EXC) on IDEX and it turned up as Extremecoin (EXC) when cointracking looked at my eth wallet. Will they both be on there at some point and i can just select Eximchain on the dropdown? Ive no idea how long it usually takes to list new coins on the tracker
MachinosTT

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:41:30 AM

Hi all,
I am a new user of Cointracking.
I have an issue regarding coins I bought through ICO.
Indeed, for most of them, the cost basis equal 0€ in the tax report ?!

I have imported all my trade using "Bulk import".
For each ICO coins I bought, I have added a trade entry using the crypto used to buy this new coins (mostly BTC or ETH).
Then, in the "trade list" view, I see the correct amount of BTC or ETH sold.
But, in the "trade prices" view, the 'value in Eur' =0 for each ICO trade !
It look like, that because the coin was not listed on Exchange, the cost basis =0.

Also, I tried to "Set custom prices", remove all my trades & reimport them but it give me the same result.
So I don't know how to fix this issue !  Cry

Any idea ?

(I don't have this issue with BitcoinTax.)
CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:17:06 PM

So dominik, I decided to decided to give it an attempt using the DELETE option.  Some tokens updated after this, but my ETH balance is incorrect still.  I will try a few more times to see if cycling through the same process somehow triggers a refresh that an earlier iteration did not.
Please write a ticket via our HelpDesk (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com) so that we can check your account and ETH Import more closely.

I find it odd that if I base my portfolio on BTC pricing, BTC should be at 0% change and the USD at +.02% change. Instead, you have BTC changing regardless of the base currency. Why?

% on the whole website are always based on FIAT. While it is not possible yet to see in BTC, it is already on our list and we will try to integrate it in the future.

What happens when two coins will have the same ticker?

I bought some Eximchain (EXC) on IDEX and it turned up as Extremecoin (EXC) when cointracking looked at my eth wallet. Will they both be on there at some point and i can just select Eximchain on the dropdown? Ive no idea how long it usually takes to list new coins on the tracker
CoinTracking automatically records prices for new coins as soon as they are listed our price sources.
If the ticker already exists, a new one will be issued or the ticker with the higher trading volume will receive the primary ticker.
If you want to track the coin already, you can also give it its own ticker and prize.
https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/29000007203-entering-ico-coins-and-non-listed-assets

Hi all,
I am a new user of Cointracking.
I have an issue regarding coins I bought through ICO.
Indeed, for most of them, the cost basis equal 0€ in the tax report ?!

I have imported all my trade using "Bulk import".
For each ICO coins I bought, I have added a trade entry using the crypto used to buy this new coins (mostly BTC or ETH).
Then, in the "trade list" view, I see the correct amount of BTC or ETH sold.
But, in the "trade prices" view, the 'value in Eur' =0 for each ICO trade !
It look like, that because the coin was not listed on Exchange, the cost basis =0.

Also, I tried to "Set custom prices", remove all my trades & reimport them but it give me the same result.
So I don't know how to fix this issue !  Cry

Any idea ?

(I don't have this issue with BitcoinTax.)
Please have a look at the following FAQ articles:
https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/29000007203-entering-ico-coins-and-non-listed-assets
https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/29000018057-coin-price-value-does-not-seem-correct

If it doesn't help, please write a ticket through our HelpDesk (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com) and we will look at your portfolio.
Naidu

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:14:31 PM

It seems like every other day I get a notification to recalculate my trades. Is there an option to set this to auto recalculate? It's kinda annoying that you don't know when recalculate is needed unless you visit the website. Even iOS App doesn't tell you a recalculate is needed.
CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:29:21 AM

It seems like every other day I get a notification to recalculate my trades. Is there an option to set this to auto recalculate? It's kinda annoying that you don't know when recalculate is needed unless you visit the website. Even iOS App doesn't tell you a recalculate is needed.
We are sorry, but this is currently not possible.
jetbird

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:52:15 AM

I'm not clear how to enter coins that I have mined in a pool. In the case of XMR, let's say I mined 4 XMR, which is the amount I get when transferred to my wallet from the pool. In the process of mining those 4 XMR, I paid the pool a fee of 0.6% or 0.024 XMR.

How should I enter the mined coins into cointracking?

Is the fee considered an expense for business purposes?

Thanks,

Jeff
asbasit

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:16:42 AM

Hi, Cointracking.

Great Work. You have really made my life so easy...It seems. I have to get back to you for any anomaly I find, but anyways great work. once again.

My only request for the moment is

Is there any plan to include Remitano.com ( the escrow service) in your tracking network.

I have nearly 6 months of trading data to track. Please help me out. I am ready to even pay for your service if I get this solution. If required i may share my excel template  I use for tracking.

Please it will be of great help...more.

regards,

Basit
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:05:37 PM

I have a feature request (or I need instructions on how to use it if already part of the program): I need to be able to manually enter some historical prices for a particular coin I have (and override the default historical prices). The reason is that a coin I'm invested in recently upgraded to its 2.0 version, and that process required delisting on exchanges of the old version followed by relisting of the new version. The one exchange we had that was being tracked on CoinMarketcap (or whatever you are using as the price tracker) dropped us in that process, and the exchanges the coin is now listed on aren't currently being tracked, and the price that is showing on my dashboard is completely wrong. So I've been keeping track of the daily price, and I'd like to be able to enter that price so I can see what my portfolio is really worth. Is there a way to do that? If not, can it please be added? It will make my tax reporting so much easier if I could handle this within the program itself.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: