Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121747 times)
wronggg

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:41:06 AM

Bulk import didnt work or broken.
If i try to import csv or xls file its dont show anything in table

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arsy95

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:42:05 PM

I bought unlimited and it simply doesn't import my bitfinex API, my username is arsy, can anyone help me? my lawyer is waiting. it did work on bitcoin.tax (which counted 19k trades) but bitcoin.tax sucks for other reasons.

EDIT: I made a small bitfinex trade to test the api out and it did appear on cointracking.info, but i need the whole history imported
CoinTracking Dominik

Activity: 198
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:33:52 PM

Hi, Cointracking.

Great Work. You have really made my life so easy...It seems. I have to get back to you for any anomaly I find, but anyways great work. once again.

My only request for the moment is

Is there any plan to include Remitano.com ( the escrow service) in your tracking network.

I have nearly 6 months of trading data to track. Please help me out. I am ready to even pay for your service if I get this solution. If required i may share my excel template  I use for tracking.

Please it will be of great help...more.

regards,

Basit
You've already contacted us. Unfortunately, this file could not be imported due to the format. Once Remitano provides a format that can be processed (API or CSV), we try to implement it.

This problem no longer exists.

I bought unlimited and it simply doesn't import my bitfinex API, my username is arsy, can anyone help me? my lawyer is waiting. it did work on bitcoin.tax (which counted 19k trades) but bitcoin.tax sucks for other reasons.

EDIT: I made a small bitfinex trade to test the api out and it did appear on cointracking.info, but i need the whole history imported
How old are these trades The Bitfinex API has limitations of the historical data.
http://blog.bitfinex.com/api/api-improvements/
Ma907xB

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:29:26 AM

I'm having trouble figuring out how to calculate my mining income with cointracking, if someone could help me out.

I can make a tax report which calculates gains and losses.  But my mining transactions that I've imported into cointracking are not calculated with that, since I haven't sold anything I've mined yet.

Is there a way to calculate what my income has been? The IRS says it should be calculated at the point of receipt, so it would be nice if cointracking added up the value of all my mining transactions at the time they were mined.  Instead of calculating the current value of all my mining proceeds.

Thanks for the help!!

Are you recording/uploading your transactions from your wallet as "mining" ?
Here is what I have figured out on how to track tax liability from Mining using Cointracking.
I use this for mining Small-Cap, Alt-coins to a Wallet, no Cointracking API:
1 - I've exported the transaction from the wallet to Excel. (Most wallets have this feature).
2 - I use the Excel file in CT bulk upload:
   Type - Mining (I've added this after the export)
   Buy - quantity mined,
   Currency - the Symbol Mined, like BWK (I've added this after the export)
   Exchange - I call each Wallet an exchange - like "BWK Wallet" (I've added this after the export)
   Date - make sure that you keep the time stamp from the Wallet.
3 - Back to Cointracking, Enter Coins - Bulk Imports - Excel - [Filename]
4 - Review import and update Cointracking
5 - In Cointracking, Report - Trade Prices - Excel; now the mining has a value attached to each transaction.
6 - In Excel, sort by type (mining) and date (Tax Year). Copy and paste to clean file and there you go, tax file for income earned on mining.

Hope this helps.

Have you continued to use this strategy?  How has tracking mining income gone over the past few months?
arsy95

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:27:14 PM

How old are these trades The Bitfinex API has limitations of the historical data.
http://blog.bitfinex.com/api/api-improvements/

My first deposit & trade was 29 june 2017.

WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:33:25 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2018, 08:47:25 PM by WickedPigeon

I'm having trouble figuring out how to calculate my mining income with cointracking, if someone could help me out.

I can make a tax report which calculates gains and losses.  But my mining transactions that I've imported into cointracking are not calculated with that, since I haven't sold anything I've mined yet.

Is there a way to calculate what my income has been? The IRS says it should be calculated at the point of receipt, so it would be nice if cointracking added up the value of all my mining transactions at the time they were mined.  Instead of calculating the current value of all my mining proceeds.

Thanks for the help!!

Are you recording/uploading your transactions from your wallet as "mining" ?
Here is what I have figured out on how to track tax liability from Mining using Cointracking.
I use this for mining Small-Cap, Alt-coins to a Wallet, no Cointracking API:
1 - I've exported the transaction from the wallet to Excel. (Most wallets have this feature).
2 - I use the Excel file in CT bulk upload:
   Type - Mining (I've added this after the export)
   Buy - quantity mined,
   Currency - the Symbol Mined, like BWK (I've added this after the export)
   Exchange - I call each Wallet an exchange - like "BWK Wallet" (I've added this after the export)
   Date - make sure that you keep the time stamp from the Wallet.
3 - Back to Cointracking, Enter Coins - Bulk Imports - Excel - [Filename]
4 - Review import and update Cointracking
5 - In Cointracking, Report - Trade Prices - Excel; now the mining has a value attached to each transaction.
6 - In Excel, sort by type (mining) and date (Tax Year). Copy and paste to clean file and there you go, tax file for income earned on mining.

Hope this helps.

Have you continued to use this strategy?  How has tracking mining income gone over the past few months?

The only clarification I would make is that I use the CT Excel Upload file, then I copy my data into it. I have two active mining wallets right now - LUX and RVN. I am uploading hundreds of mining transactions in a month. No issues - unless I mistakenly populate the wrong field or mis-spell something. I also have a dozen inactive mining wallets - but those are just holding old positions - so the pricing update is working perfect there. And at Year End, my tax report was fairly easy too.

Also I use the Trade Group field to track PoW and PoS. I also track Funding and Leaching in that field (for all other trades, I leave it blank). Funding is new investment money and leaching is coins sold to US$ and moved back out to my regular savings account. This way when I run the report Balance by Exchange, I change it to by Trade Group and I get a mining update. Very slick, up to the minute return on my mining. The only thing missing is my outlay for the mining equipment.

My income has been good - I mine with 27x1070Ti. It's the coin prices that are down Undecided . Since I began last fall, I've made enough to cover all my costs (~12k USD). The mining has gone well, I've been selling 50% of what I've mined. And the other 50% has lost about half its value since mined. Still, all in all, it's been a good investment. And time will tell.

Such is the roller-coaster ride of a Spec-miner.

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
Sylkien

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:30:31 PM

I am having an absolute nightmare for calculate Tax Reports.

Using Cointracking, with the .CSV files you don't get access to margin trades data, so you have to get them with the API, but after import all the data I see that margin trades are not included. I don't know why is happening this. Same thing happeens with deposit and withdrawals.

I don't know if the .CSV files that you can download at Bifinex, margin trades are included, apart of not differentiate between normal trades and normal trades.

Any solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

svk31

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 12:29:10 PM

This problem no longer exists.

Might not be the same issue but there's a quite annoying bug where if you try to import a csv file with just one small error in it, the import screen tells you everything is fine and that the data was imported, but no data actually gets saved. I encountered this when constructing my own csv files, if a trade had no buy amount for example no errors or warnings were raised, and the whole import failed silently.

Makes it very hard to debug what's actually wrong with the csv file.
svk31

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 12:35:36 PM

Currently it seems everything counts as a trade in the statistics for number of trades. Can you please make it so that only actual trades are counted, not deposits, withdrawals etc?
kainplan

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:17:09 PM

Hi,

can someone tell me how to do a wallet import for ETC, please? Seems like I am to stupid to find it.

There is no ETC in the altcoin wallet dropdown, ETH is not working obviously but cointracking "knows" ETC in the Dashboard.

Thanks in advance
Sylkien

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:17:17 AM

Can anyone confirm me that fees are deducted when you generate the Tax Report?

I really guess is not happening this.

Thanks in advance.
pumpuuui

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:57:44 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2018, 08:07:55 PM by pumpuuui

It happens to me that in the dashboard I see the total balance in euros of all my crypto in negative, and the balances of bitcoin and ethereum also in negative. However, when I go to the tab "realized & unrealized gains" in "Reporting" I see correctly more or less the approximate balance of each currency as of 12/31/2017 and the unrealized gains / losses  I would say that they are fine too.So my question is:is it possible that my realized & unrealized gains has been tracked successfully but the BTC/ETH balance in the dashboard shows in negative? Thank you!
CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:17:01 PM

Hi,

can someone tell me how to do a wallet import for ETC, please? Seems like I am to stupid to find it.

There is no ETC in the altcoin wallet dropdown, ETH is not working obviously but cointracking "knows" ETC in the Dashboard.

Thanks in advance
Habe ich dir bereits im deutschen Thread beantwortet Smiley

Can anyone confirm me that fees are deducted when you generate the Tax Report?

I really guess is not happening this.

Thanks in advance.
At the moment, the fee values are not deducted from your gains in the Tax-Report, however they are already part of your cost base calculation (except when a third corrency fee or a fee for deposit/withdrawals).

It happens to me that in the dashboard I see the total balance in euros of all my crypto in negative, and the balances of bitcoin and ethereum also in negative. However, when I go to the tab "realized & unrealized gains" in "Reporting" I see correctly more or less the approximate balance of each currency as of 12/31/2017 and the unrealized gains / losses  I would say that they are fine too.So my question is:is it possible that my realized & unrealized gains has been tracked successfully but the BTC/ETH balance in the dashboard shows in negative? Thank you!
Please send us a ticket via our HelpDesk (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com) so that we can check your portfolio more closely.
coolcash

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance

I am also looking for an answer to this.

Thanks.
IAmIntractable

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:53:14 AM

There has been a recent upgrade to the KuCoin API interface. Here is a link:

https://news.kucoin.com/en/the-announcement-in-regards-to-upgrade-of-api-keys-2/

The KuCoin interface does not seem to be working any more.

I see a red message on my job that reads: " (Error: No access permission.) "

Is anyone else having this issue?
R3P0Ps

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:45:33 PM

https://news.kucoin.com/en/the-announcement-in-regards-to-upgrade-of-api-keys-2/

Yes i have the same issue,i hope the dev team is going to fix this,is this topic only managed by users helping each others or people from Cointracking are here too?
There is not even a telegram group in English Sad
IAmIntractable

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:46:33 PM

Can anyone explain to me how CoinTracking uses the fee information for the purposes of tax reporting. I have come to learn that the fee data added, either manually or via API, is informational having no impact on the ledger...but it is not clear to me if these fees are being used to adjust cost basis for tax reporting.
CoinTracking Dominik

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:46:26 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance

I am also looking for an answer to this.

Thanks.
We are using the best available Multi-Blockchain-API to import coins on the Altcoin Wallet Import page.
New coins are added on a weekly basis, but please note that we do not have any influence over the listed coins and we can not add specific coins on request into the Altcoin Wallet Import.
You can request that they add a certain coin by directly contacting them: chainz.cryptoid.info

Unfortunately we are not able to integrate Wallet imports for Cryptocurrencies ourselves, because we would need to implement the whole Blockchain and this is not possible for us.

For now, you can enter the transactions either manually on the "Enter Coins" page, with the "Excel Import", or with the "Custom Exchange Import". Both are very flexible and customizable and data can be uploaded in a bulk action.

Our API developer is already working on it.

Can anyone explain to me how CoinTracking uses the fee information for the purposes of tax reporting. I have come to learn that the fee data added, either manually or via API, is informational having no impact on the ledger...but it is not clear to me if these fees are being used to adjust cost basis for tax reporting.
Please read the following articles:
https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/29000007202-entering-fees/en
https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/29000018276-missing-fees-in-the-tax-report/en
Rhamon

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:21:20 PM

So I got everything imported from the 3 exchanges I use. Bittrex, Kraken, Pol. The issue is that I am 5 BTC negative. I can't figure out why. Is Bittrex not importing my deposits and only importing my trades? Same for Poloniex? Kraken is the only one with the correct BTC balance. The rest are negative. Very confused here. Thanks.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:51:00 AM

I am noticing a glitch with your bulk and API import functions. I tried a number of times to import an excel and csv file and the import indicators tell me that it was a successful import. Then when I go to dashboard, the trades recalculate (since I added new ones), but the import has no effect on the balance. In the case of this import, I added substantial amounts of DNotes to my wallet, and those additions are not registering. Then I can't find the transactions which should have imported into my account when I look for them on the "enter coins" tab.

I also have one other coin which through mining consistently produces more coins. The API appears to have imported yesterday and today's recent transactions, but they have no impact on the total amount of coins. It's the exact same both yesterday and today.

Bottom line is that right now the system tells me import was successful, but when I follow up on it, it turns out nothing actually was imported Something's buggy with your import system. Can you please fix it ASAP and let me know when you've done it? I have also put in a support request for this issue.

Thanks!
-wiser
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: