Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Are Now Used in Crimes  (Read 13062 times)
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 03:49:32 PM

Unfortunately Bitcoin uniqueness paved the way to those with criminal mind to use Bitcoin in their activities, money laundering, scamming, selling knock offs on-line, any kind of criminal activity bitcoin can be used because one can use this and remain anonymous. When the Government starts to step in and regulate, this will not stop them from using it, they will just think of other ways.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crismass1225

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:02:42 PM

as bitcoin became popular way back around 2011 it became a gateway to new generation criminals that extend their average mind to surf the net and make money and transaction out of it without mark that can trace by the government. As bitcoin is decentralize and have anonymity many criminals switch on it as a mode of payment without detection. Not just today that bitcoin have been use in criminal activity but way way back a years ago. These are what people want: Not controlled and not under surveillance of the banks and government.   
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:03:04 PM

Yea I have heard about how Bitcoin can be used for criminal purposes because of its privacy level and how well they can hide their payments and stuff. From what I have heard is people can use Bitcoin to hire assassins, buy or sell drugs and many other things because no one would know who is the person behind the screen and people can continue this way without getting tracked about their payments.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:08:37 PM

Bitcoins has regained its strong value, As of this posting, the value per 1 bitcoin is exactly 4786.59 US Dollar.   Soon we will see more ways people can squeeze the most out of bitcoins.   Since the advent of the internet to be profit oriented in the 90's, no one would possibly have imagined that the Internet would breed Facebook, Google, Uber, online streaming, etc. This is where we are with the Blockchain now. There exists a whole world of opportunities out there.  

These opportunities have the unrighteous users of this cryptocurrencies to also used its advantage. We cannot deny for a fact that cyber crimes have been committed since the birth of the internet.  Once, stealing was done with having guns, now, robbers can easily hack bank accounts or counterfeit credit cards to their advantage.  Sooner, cryptocurrencies can be used to pay crimes such as services for creating counterfeit birth certificates and this is not far from happening.  Actually, the US has already cases on this matter.

Another is the crime of buying illegal-drug emporium that used Bitcoin as a medium of exchange, politicians and policymakers took notice. Criminals, it turns out, really like bitcoins, which can be exchanged for nefarious purposes on the "Dark Web," with complete anonymity and, it seems, impunity.

Although, there are some articles that i have read regarding criminals cannot hide behind bitcoins, still, there are difficulties tracing transactions using cryptocurrencies. That is why law enforcement agencies should have a to change their procedures to pursue criminals who make use of the latest technology to commit crimes. Let the law find a way to evolve to address new tech challenges. There is no reason to expect that law enforcement won’t be able to get a handle on this new cybercrime.

I'm not surprise about this matter. I mean bitcoin's value is getting higher nowadays so let's expect that a lot of crimes will increase in the internet world. From the bitcoin community itself we have scammers, so there's no guarantee about the safety of our bitcoin. It's all about safety and precautions. Let's help one another!  Smiley
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:13:14 PM

Bitcoins has regained its strong value, As of this posting, the value per 1 bitcoin is exactly 4786.59 US Dollar.   Soon we will see more ways people can squeeze the most out of bitcoins.   Since the advent of the internet to be profit oriented in the 90's, no one would possibly have imagined that the Internet would breed Facebook, Google, Uber, online streaming, etc. This is where we are with the Blockchain now. There exists a whole world of opportunities out there.  

These opportunities have the unrighteous users of this cryptocurrencies to also used its advantage. We cannot deny for a fact that cyber crimes have been committed since the birth of the internet.  Once, stealing was done with having guns, now, robbers can easily hack bank accounts or counterfeit credit cards to their advantage.  Sooner, cryptocurrencies can be used to pay crimes such as services for creating counterfeit birth certificates and this is not far from happening.  Actually, the US has already cases on this matter.

Another is the crime of buying illegal-drug emporium that used Bitcoin as a medium of exchange, politicians and policymakers took notice. Criminals, it turns out, really like bitcoins, which can be exchanged for nefarious purposes on the "Dark Web," with complete anonymity and, it seems, impunity.

Although, there are some articles that i have read regarding criminals cannot hide behind bitcoins, still, there are difficulties tracing transactions using cryptocurrencies. That is why law enforcement agencies should have a to change their procedures to pursue criminals who make use of the latest technology to commit crimes. Let the law find a way to evolve to address new tech challenges. There is no reason to expect that law enforcement won’t be able to get a handle on this new cybercrime.
Bitcoin is created to be used as well as possible. only people who can not use it well are using bitcoin for crime. I also do not want to lie to myself that bitcoin can be used for negative things. but when we think positive then we will be able to use bitcoin properly. there must be strong self-control to avoid the worst.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:23:09 PM

Bitcoin is created to be used as well as possible. only people who can not use it well are using bitcoin for crime. I also do not want to lie to myself that bitcoin can be used for negative things. but when we think positive then we will be able to use bitcoin properly. there must be strong self-control to avoid the worst.
This is not new to me... people are always have a unique mindsets no matter how good you do or make. There are still a bad side in any of us and their fault is that they chose to be bad rather than good. I guess this is what makes the balance of the world, one cannot be good then they choose to be a different person. And the saddest part is that bitcoin is anonymous when doing some transactions, that's why this is also an advantage to those bad guys.

arnux

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:24:26 PM

The same goes for FIAT. Crime will happen no matter what currency but bitcoin is slightly more used in crime due to it being harder to track....but is trackable.
hakans

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:27:01 PM

Bitcoins has regained its strong value, As of this posting, the value per 1 bitcoin is exactly 4786.59 US Dollar.   Soon we will see more ways people can squeeze the most out of bitcoins.   Since the advent of the internet to be profit oriented in the 90's, no one would possibly have imagined that the Internet would breed Facebook, Google, Uber, online streaming, etc. This is where we are with the Blockchain now. There exists a whole world of opportunities out there. 

These opportunities have the unrighteous users of this cryptocurrencies to also used its advantage. We cannot deny for a fact that cyber crimes have been committed since the birth of the internet.  Once, stealing was done with having guns, now, robbers can easily hack bank accounts or counterfeit credit cards to their advantage.  Sooner, cryptocurrencies can be used to pay crimes such as services for creating counterfeit birth certificates and this is not far from happening.  Actually, the US has already cases on this matter.

The same goes for FIAT. Crime will happen no matter what currency but bitcoin is slightly more used in crime due to it being harder to track....but is trackable.

I would say cash is even harder to track.
androidpobeditel

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:49:29 PM

Yes, this is the most obvious option. It is he who first comes to mind when you think about bitcoin crime. Bitcoin crime develops according to the same laws as the ordinary. Embarrassed
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 04:53:03 PM

Bitcoin can be traced to some extent, and legal authorities that have power to compel tumblers and exchanges to release information can probably get pretty far in tracing people.  Certainly more traceable than cash.  There is no public distributed ledger for cash transactions.

And cash is used in many, many more crimes than bitcoin.

Any tool can be used for good or evil.

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
cyberChevan

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:06:48 PM

Yes that's true that btc is used in crimes even years before. Once it has gained its value, criminals have seen its use for their illegal transactions. Even though some of them got busted, we can't chabge the fact that a lot of this kind of activities are still happening. Honestly I'm amazed how these criminals adapt their transactions in btc. Don't get me wrong, I despise criminals who brought nothing to our society but destruction of humankind.
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:17:34 PM

Bitcoin is not the only currency or cryptocurrency which is used in crime. It depends on people's usage and awareness.
But bitcoin is the most because it is so secure and untraceable.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:16:40 PM

Let me ask you something - do you think USD is used in crimes? Or EUR? Or any other fiat currency? Every time someone robs a bank, defrauds someone for money, gets it illegally or does anything illegal with it like bribery, buying drugs etc, etc... uses this currency for crime. Yet i don't see anyone talking about it in this way.

So it's like anything else, it's not inherently good or bad, it's just a mean with its purpose and usefulness.
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:19:05 PM

Not only Bitocin is used in crimes, also fiat currencies is used for this purposes a lot more than using BTC, and long time before even the creation of Bitcoin.
It is always depending in the intentions of the users, not in the currencies themselves.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:23:00 PM

Criminals mainly use their bitcoins to launder money and the process is an everlasting cycle through cryptocurrency exchanges, that is why a lot country are trying to regulate how these exchanges are operated and i think its a wise choice.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:27:15 PM

Money can be used in any crimes because it is money, you can buy anything you want because of it. Bitcoin is also a type of money in which it use in diffdrent online transactions.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Gunpaycity

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:09:50 AM

very high bitcoin values will attract people to have them, good people will use bitcoin for good too but there are some people or some bad parties using bitcoin for malicious purposes, they use bitcoin for gambling, buy drugs or to blackmail people with bitcoin ransom

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Multiface_7

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:20:44 AM

For shure they use and will for ever do,it´s untraceable and this is nice for weapondealers,etc.:
btcprospecter

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:30:48 AM

We hear more about bitcoin used in crime through media as they try to demonise it unfortunately for them publicity is all the same for bitcoin it still brings it to the forefront and more and more people know about it.

Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:26:20 AM

We hear more about bitcoin used in crime through media as they try to demonise it unfortunately for them publicity is all the same for bitcoin it still brings it to the forefront and more and more people know about it.
before bitcoin used as earning or payment method of common people,it was already popular in black marjet in doing crimes since its anonymous,we can used it without identity, it's just now that it considered beneficial when business and ICO tries it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: