Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Are Now Used in Crimes  (Read 13062 times)
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:16:44 PM

I agree with you, although reluctant to accept it, I have to say that there are a lot of transactions in bitcoin traders, such as the Silk Road website.
It is one of the base currencies of the dark net. I can only hope that the users of bitcoin will become more civilized and welcome this peaceful era.
Well I think it’s not an issue if they want to use it for crime or not because all the currency can be used for crimes for there is a possibility for bitcoin to use in crime it’s not a bitcoin mistake it’s a mistake of criminals because bitcoin work for humanity not for criminals when you study bitcoin it will teach you about trade, mining, investment not crime.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arifteguhr

Activity: 1246
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:17:59 PM

I've been able to see a lot of news that gives info bitcoin misused for illegal goods transactions such as drugs and some even use for corruption

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[][]

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
elLiteZero

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:25:06 PM

maybe because bitcoin like money ..
Well i think not just bitcoin.. money too used to crime

blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 326

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:33:09 PM

I've been able to see a lot of news that gives info bitcoin misused for illegal goods transactions such as drugs and some even use for corruption
Precisely, we will never able to remove the crimes on bitcoin since they taking the advantage of it like its anonymity. There are confident that they will never be catch since its anonymous. Crime is embeded in bitcoin, bad people are using it in in their evil deed hence, we shouldn't imitate them but rather to be a good user.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:37:46 PM

I think nothing is perfect.  Beside of the advantages of bitcoin and always walk with negatif such as above mention.  I hope there is a way in future to prevent bitcoin used for crimes.
Tesla_sweden

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:42:23 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is used for crimes. Things of value will always be used as currency on both the legal and the black market. Same goes for gold, cash, cars, drugs you name it.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:59:22 AM

Probably the most that worries government is that bitcoin is anonymous. That why they are saying that bitcoin or any other crypto is used for criminal activities. You cannot blame them cuz of that its theirs opinion on this subject. However this dont mean that all use this for that we here dont use this for that purpose, we trade buy invest. If this is criminal activity then we all criminals if government this like that.

Off curse few years back there were some lines that dark coin back then i think was used to transfer large amount of cash to US and they didnt do anything about it cuz they didnt know ho send it and for who was send. This is probably the major thing that government want to know everything who is sending and who is receiving that is why they wont accept this as future money.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:33:27 AM

Probably the most that worries government is that bitcoin is anonymous. That why they are saying that bitcoin or any other crypto is used for criminal activities. You cannot blame them cuz of that its theirs opinion on this subject. However this dont mean that all use this for that we here dont use this for that purpose, we trade buy invest. If this is criminal activity then we all criminals if government this like that.

Off curse few years back there were some lines that dark coin back then i think was used to transfer large amount of cash to US and they didnt do anything about it cuz they didnt know ho send it and for who was send. This is probably the major thing that government want to know everything who is sending and who is receiving that is why they wont accept this as future money.

That is the disadvantage of bitcoin or other cryptocurrency is the anonymity and that is why it is hard to please all the governments because the anonymity of bitcoin will become a hole for the criminals and hackers to just abuse it to transact different things like illegal activities, for example; buying and selling drugs, child trafficking and so on. So the governments are just afraid to trust bitcoin because of those things that might happen.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:44:01 PM

Bitcoins has regained its strong value, As of this posting, the value per 1 bitcoin is exactly 4786.59 US Dollar.   Soon we will see more ways people can squeeze the most out of bitcoins.   Since the advent of the internet to be profit oriented in the 90's, no one would possibly have imagined that the Internet would breed Facebook, Google, Uber, online streaming, etc. This is where we are with the Blockchain now. There exists a whole world of opportunities out there.  

These opportunities have the unrighteous users of this cryptocurrencies to also used its advantage. We cannot deny for a fact that cyber crimes have been committed since the birth of the internet.  Once, stealing was done with having guns, now, robbers can easily hack bank accounts or counterfeit credit cards to their advantage.  Sooner, cryptocurrencies can be used to pay crimes such as services for creating counterfeit birth certificates and this is not far from happening.  Actually, the US has already cases on this matter.

Another is the crime of buying illegal-drug emporium that used Bitcoin as a medium of exchange, politicians and policymakers took notice. Criminals, it turns out, really like bitcoins, which can be exchanged for nefarious purposes on the "Dark Web," with complete anonymity and, it seems, impunity.

Although, there are some articles that i have read regarding criminals cannot hide behind bitcoins, still, there are difficulties tracing transactions using cryptocurrencies. That is why law enforcement agencies should have a to change their procedures to pursue criminals who make use of the latest technology to commit crimes. Let the law find a way to evolve to address new tech challenges. There is no reason to expect that law enforcement won’t be able to get a handle on this new cybercrime.

The challenge here is to track down the people who are using bitcoin for this legal activities. however that would be very difficult as bitcoin’s allure or the other cryptocurrencies as well have functions that make them easy fast and almost undetectable.
erep

Activity: 2282
Merit: 589

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:54:12 PM

Very interesting. I shall keep an eye on this.

Its not interesting. Its should be stopped seriously and the culprits or terrorists should be catch. Bitcoin has its purpose and these bad guys are using it for negative purposes and its bad image for everyone.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
acpr23

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:04:13 PM

Cash/fiats are much widely used in crimes than bitcoin. After all criminals needed cash more than bitcoins or other crypto. Government should regulate more crimes than crypto just sayin
Mr. Thang

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:27:10 PM

Cash/fiats are much widely used in crimes than bitcoin. After all criminals needed cash more than bitcoins or other crypto. Government should regulate more crimes than crypto just sayin

Even if the government does its job to prevent crimes, no one can still stop crimes happening because it is part of the inevitable. Bitcoin has been regarded as the main medium of exchange under the dark web due to its factor being untraceable into transactions. If I were a criminal, of course I would choose the best method for me not to get caught and transacting with bitcoin does the perfect job for it! Even if the government regulates bitcoin (which is impossible), it is still impossible to remove crimes happening around the world.

cryptoriches13

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:30:50 PM

Even if the government does its job to prevent crimes, no one can still stop crimes happening because it is part of the inevitable. Bitcoin has been regarded as the main medium of exchange under the dark web due to its factor being untraceable into transactions. If I were a criminal, of course I would choose the best method for me not to get caught and transacting with bitcoin does the perfect job for it! Even if the government regulates bitcoin (which is impossible), it is still impossible to remove crimes happening around the world.

I believe one of the very first uses cases of bitcoin was crime-related and shady businesses. This is why a lot of people back then were very reluctant of the newly minted Cryptocurrency.
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:31:51 PM

I think yes they use it as a payment for their illegal transactions. Because bitcoin is not traceable thats why they do an illegal exchange. Bitcoins use to scam people in comes of investment.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:33:22 PM

but criminals also upgrading their knowledge its easier to transact and transfer your money using crypto without a trace so for sure its been use already
and more and more hackers also doing their business in order to gain bitcoin as a ransom.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:34:16 PM

Yes, nowadays it’s being used in crime, they buy and sell online and pay by bitcoin. Because it’s untraceable. So police can’t get clue to caught them. I think it’s dangerous.
Yes, they use bitcoin to do bad things. But saying bitcoin is used for evil is not accurate. There are many people investing and doing business and their purpose is not bad.
krun4

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:36:24 PM

This isn't something that should amuse us, since crimes started long long ago. We can't expect crypto world to stain clean and everyone to think of your well being. There are enough ways to secure your investments and earnings, just don't go away with the panic and scarcity.  
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:38:05 PM

Criminals are using it already, the biggest organization of criminals are ISIS. that is how they are funded through Bitcoin because digital currency is very hard to trace specially if you're using many network transfer and end up all to the same recipient. They can buy anything without regulations.

cptdome1

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:45:11 PM

cash is used in crimes too, so whats the big deal if some bad people use bitcoin for bad things?  nothing new there...

balakang00

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:46:18 PM

Bitcoin has become a very big thing to be used. From a simple cryptocurrency, it became a strong currency that is being used by people worldwide. It is very much important to those who earn using it. It is also an investment because it gives you more than what you're giving. As of my readings bitcoin is sometimes used in crimes because of bad people who use bitcoin as a tool to fool people. But nevertheless, bitcoin community is so much secured from these kind of people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: