Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:39:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Are Now Used in Crimes  (Read 13062 times)
youghten

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:38:29 AM

Yeah, Some of the people use Bitcoin to conduct their criminal activities because they can make their transactions without any identities

No, Some of the people was use Bitcoin to conduct their criminal activities now all hold bitcoin and hope to be rich in future.

a few only use it for dark things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:38:56 AM

Oh nothing new
arteezyy

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:43:39 AM

It really is. First is having a transaction using cryptocurrencies are not tractable so it is more convenient to transact illegally using bitcoin. Second is many people scamming using bitcoin. Some people fall for it and scamming is also a crime.

Rascar Capac

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:46:33 AM

I don't see why people are alarmed today, they always have been... They suffered for a long time from this reputation elsewhere.
bitcoinbug.com

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 10:49:48 AM

Bitcoins has regained its strong value, As of this posting, the value per 1 bitcoin is exactly 4786.59 US Dollar.   Soon we will see more ways people can squeeze the most out of bitcoins.   Since the advent of the internet to be profit oriented in the 90's, no one would possibly have imagined that the Internet would breed Facebook, Google, Uber, online streaming, etc. This is where we are with the Blockchain now. There exists a whole world of opportunities out there.  

These opportunities have the unrighteous users of this cryptocurrencies to also used its advantage. We cannot deny for a fact that cyber crimes have been committed since the birth of the internet.  Once, stealing was done with having guns, now, robbers can easily hack bank accounts or counterfeit credit cards to their advantage.  Sooner, cryptocurrencies can be used to pay crimes such as services for creating counterfeit birth certificates and this is not far from happening.  Actually, the US has already cases on this matter.

Another is the crime of buying illegal-drug emporium that used Bitcoin as a medium of exchange, politicians and policymakers took notice. Criminals, it turns out, really like bitcoins, which can be exchanged for nefarious purposes on the "Dark Web," with complete anonymity and, it seems, impunity.

Although, there are some articles that i have read regarding criminals cannot hide behind bitcoins, still, there are difficulties tracing transactions using cryptocurrencies. That is why law enforcement agencies should have a to change their procedures to pursue criminals who make use of the latest technology to commit crimes. Let the law find a way to evolve to address new tech challenges. There is no reason to expect that law enforcement won’t be able to get a handle on this new cybercrime.

Wasn't Bitcoin originally used when people were going on the infamous Silk Road website? Usually accessed by a proxy browser?

Sorry I haven't read the majority of this thread and will eventually get round to it. Looking forward to meeting other bitcoin enthusiast from around the globe.

Craig.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:54:36 AM

actually I just saw it on a documentary. they may be using anonymous bitcoin transactions, so they can make transactions for criminals freely. but for now, it may be tracked if there is no mixer inside.
kiddeon123

Activity: 291
Merit: 101

https://icoenergy.org/

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:58:38 AM

this is a sad truth. bitcoin can be used for bad things. because its transactions are hard to track and tere are no regulationa on it. This is also one of the reasons why some countries banned bitcoin, because it is used in illigal act and it is  hard to regulate.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:59:49 AM

actually I just saw it on a documentary. they may be using anonymous bitcoin transactions, so they can make transactions for criminals freely. but for now, it may be tracked if there is no mixer inside.

Bitcoin can never be 100% anonymous, even if you use a coin-mixer. Remember the Sheep Marketplace robbery? The thief (Thomas Jiřikovský) was caught despite using more than one mixer to hide his transactions. And recently the cops in Denmark arrested a few drug dealers after tracking their Bitcoin transactions.
bitcoinbug.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 11:00:16 AM

My guess is that there's people out there trying to decipher some sort of code to try and track the criminals. However wouldn't they just be able to do this through their IP and active computer and device monitoring anyway?
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:07:14 AM

My guess is that there's people out there trying to decipher some sort of code to try and track the criminals. However wouldn't they just be able to do this through their IP and active computer and device monitoring anyway?
I don't know how FBI works but remember on how did someone tracked silkroad and shuts it down. I watched a video related to it that the owner of that marketplace is also here in forum and the simple guy from the FBI did researched all of the things throughout the entire forum since bitcoin is the currency they used there. I'm not that much knowledgeable when it comes to these things, I just watched it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
a4illusionist

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:10:19 AM

well, the bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies are a kind of heavens for the underworld and with the expansion of bitcoin, the underworld will grow bigtime. Its the safest way to do transaction without getting in much trouble. and underworld and blackmarket holds the 90% of the world finances so bitcoin is destined to grow

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:48:38 AM

I don't know how FBI works but remember on how did someone tracked silkroad and shuts it down. I watched a video related to it that the owner of that marketplace is also here in forum and the simple guy from the FBI did researched all of the things throughout the entire forum since bitcoin is the currency they used there. I'm not that much knowledgeable when it comes to these things, I just watched it.
That video that you are trying to say is a very great work by the FBI personnel because he just roam around and keep joining forums and doing a lot of research to finally find out who is behind the marketplace of silkroad until he find out the IP address and locate it and get the person behind silkroad and that is not the only time where bitcoin is being used in crimes because maybe for simple or small transactions, bitcoin is being used illegally.
bitcoinbug.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 01:03:58 PM

That video that you are trying to say is a very great work by the FBI personnel because he just roam around and keep joining forums and doing a lot of research to finally find out who is behind the marketplace of silkroad until he find out the IP address and locate it and get the person behind silkroad and that is not the only time where bitcoin is being used in crimes because maybe for simple or small transactions, bitcoin is being used illegally.

I get that, what other crimes do you think they are being used for? Maybe offline personal transactions for deals etc etc??
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:13:20 PM

The authorities need to learn the blockchain technology and how Bitcoin works. Its a matter of proper and accurate Enforcement in order for them not to fear the currency and learn how Criminal Activities operate trades using Bitcoin.

Every Currency whether fiat or digital are susceptible to illegal activities.

In my country, they're kinda ignorant on how Drug Trades or Corruption were performed silently. Just because it's new to us at that time.
I hope it will settle next year since Bitcoin is all over the internet & news (not on free TV for now).

Enforcement is not easy because bitcoin is decentralized and is anonymous to a degree. Buy yeah I agree. It is their job.
skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:22:10 PM

Being on the light side..that’s good, It shows that Bitcoin is widely accepted.

However, it’s not only about Bitcoin that is being used for Crimes but all other things like currencies -crypto or otherwise, valuables, hard money, gold etc. are used in crimes as payment or mode of surety.

Bitcoin can be used more frequently because no regulatory obligations are involved in the transactions. And, on the other hand, one can use it anonymously without fear of being caught.

Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:51:11 PM

All the fiat currencies are used for criminal activities for drug dealings, money laundering and duplicating money so no one can blame bitcoin technology, in other words it is tougher to do criminal activities with bitcoin than traditional currencies as the bitcoin network is on the mark of police investigation after the wannacry ransomware attack worldwide. Duplication of bitcoin is not possible unlike traditional currencies
bitcoinbug.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 06:15:07 PM

This is one for the bedtime reading if its late. Ross Ulbricht: Silk Road – The Theatrical Version, Funded by Bitcoin, to Debut in London
http://bitcoin-bug.com/2017/12/05/silk-road-theatrical-version-funded-bitcoin/
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:59:00 PM

I get that, what other crimes do you think they are being used for? Maybe offline personal transactions for deals etc etc??
Offline personal transactions? Bitcoin can't be used that way, it needs internet to deal with someone and confirmations will just happen if there is an internet connection through miners. And besides that's the sole purpose of bitcoin, to have anonymous transaction. Think of anything that bitcoin can be used for since it's up to the user if they'll use it for good deals or bad deals. But today, there are altcoins that are promoting more of anonymity and they are not into bitcoin, so today bitcoin is being used more in good deals.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:03:51 PM

The company and management of bitcoin do not promote and tolerated this kind of activity. The company will provide enough sercurity to avoid and monitor these;
furthermore they will provide actions under the jurisdiction of the law.
Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:17:55 PM

I think its already happen a long time, in the more deep web, you can easily found that this bitcoin is become the main currency for crime transaction.
Like, trade for gun, drugs, even human.

This is insane but its real
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: