Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:50:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS)  (Read 198698 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:22:35 AM

I guess Burnside could offer a list with the adresses of the SELLING holders at shutdown of BTC-TC. Everybody who is able to sign his adress would be able to redeem his Cipherbond stake. That would of course only be possible if Ciphermine is willing to dispossess the bonds owned by Deprived...

I'm skeptical these cipherbonds will ever be redeemable again anyway...
Kate and her company are not anonymous at all. They have to declare bankruptcy if they refuse to pay their debt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NineLives

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:36:38 AM

Hi guys,

Sorry but I'm a little behind of whats going on.

Would someone be so kind and fill me in briefly pls?

I'm in the UK if anyone needs me?

Ta

Bitcoin Mining Hardware:   www.mininghardware.co.uk
furuknap

Activity: 294

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:43:18 AM

Hi guys,

Ta

Briefly... There was some shit. And a fan.

.b

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:31:45 AM

Hi guys,

Ta
Will really really appreciate if you could help us find out who deprive is.
NineLives

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 12:45:42 AM

Hi guys,

Ta
Will really really appreciate if you could help us find out who deprive is.

K, What do we know so far?  Where can I start.  I need a little info to get started with pls.

Bitcoin Mining Hardware:   www.mininghardware.co.uk
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:43:39 AM

K, What do we know so far?  Where can I start.  I need a little info to get started with pls.

Very little. I might start with fligen, it looks like he might have a lead on Deprived's IRL ID-

Deprived is Charlie ****** I have plenty of information on him if he scams.
Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:54:10 AM

I am suspicious of people who take the time to enter in a location in their forum profile, but don't have to the time to set the correct time zone.

Very little. I might start with fligen, it looks like he might have a lead on Deprived's IRL ID-

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:18:56 AM

Not trying to discourage you, but I tried fligen a couple of months ago and got no reply.

This is what I have gathered from a few different sources (I don't know them so I can't vouch for them).

Deprived is known IRL as 'Jon W'.
He has done work in the UK as a forensic expert (i.e., in court as an expert witness on IT matters).

I've tried asking someone who works in the forensic expert field in the UK if they know Deprived. He said he'd heard the name but didn't know him personally. He said he'd ask around but I haven't heard anything.

We could do worse than make a list of leading forensic expert companies in the UK and approach them for any leads.

I've got a throwaway email address for him I think I posted here a while ago - jon.randomemail@gmail.com

It would be a last resort but if nothing else works we could try getting a subpoena for Google to look at the address and see if there's any identifying information in it. It would cost a bit, though.

Anyone who is in the UK and wants to take a crack at this with this info is welcome.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:41:49 AM

Not trying to discourage you, but I tried fligen a couple of months ago and got no reply.

This is what I have gathered from a few different sources (I don't know them so I can't vouch for them).

He has done work in the UK as a forensic expert (i.e., in court as an expert witness on IT matters).

I've tried asking someone who works in the forensic expert field in the UK if they know Deprived. He said he'd heard the name but didn't know him personally. He said he'd ask around but I haven't heard anything.

We could do worse than make a list of leading forensic expert companies in the UK and approach them for any leads.

I've got a throwaway email address for him I think I posted here a while ago - jon.randomemail@gmail.com

It would be a last resort but if nothing else works we could try getting a subpoena for Google to look at the address and see if there's any identifying information in it. It would cost a bit, though.

Anyone who is in the UK and wants to take a crack at this with this info is welcome.

No idea if related, but i seem to remember a DEPRIVED being quite popular in the torrent world, around 5-10 years ago.
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 06:47:12 AM

I know you have been doing a lot of trying to get deprived identity stripykitteh, and I thank you for it.
now do you think it's worth either:
a) asking CM to not allow the sale of the CM_bonds to deprived directly, instead either a steward or CM distribute to DMS shareholders based on BTC-TC list.
b) hire a private IT related investigator, (people who want to contribute to this can, all those who contribute get the intel)

I can't find any info on him, (mind you I really haven't looked past google and this forum), I am open to ideas....

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:30:53 AM

I know you have been doing a lot of trying to get deprived identity stripykitteh, and I thank you for it.
a) asking CM to not allow the sale of the CM_bonds to deprived directly, instead either a steward or CM distribute to DMS shareholders based on BTC-TC list.
b) hire a private IT related investigator, (people who want to contribute to this can, all those who contribute get the intel)

I can't find any info on him, (mind you I really haven't looked past google and this forum), I am open to ideas....

Thanks. I've got a few IRL things going on keeping me busy so I haven't done much about this for a while.

I think there's no harm in at least asking CM what their attitude is to redemption of the bonds. I think they are probably going to need to take legal advice anyway, which we can't do for them obviously. It's certainly morally irresponsible of them to just redeem the bonds to Deprived's address when they are aware that he is AWOL. I expect that their advice will be something along the lines of holding the bonds on trust indefinitely until the situation is clarified. This makes me a little nervous as there is no guarantee that CM will be around for a long time and DMS asset owners wouldn't be recognized at law as creditors if they went into liquidation (I'm not saying they will but we have to think about the worst that could happen).

The private investigator line might work; I've no experience of engaging such people though and don't know what chance of success there'd be or what cost is involved. It might short-circuit this whole saga though.

One thing I forgot to mention before, I also got a tip that the CM people don't know Deprived and really have no idea where he is either. While I cannot vouch for the source of the tip nothing I've seen indicates it's not true, either.

I give here an undertaking to at least email the 'top' half-a-dozen forensic expert firms in the UK by this Friday and ask if they know of Deprived based on the tips I've been given.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
inspiredinvestor

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 12:10:05 PM

Thanks. I've got a few IRL things going on keeping me busy so I haven't done much about this for a while.

I think there's no harm in at least asking CM what their attitude is to redemption of the bonds. I think they are probably going to need to take legal advice anyway, which we can't do for them obviously. It's certainly morally irresponsible of them to just redeem the bonds to Deprived's address when they are aware that he is AWOL. I expect that their advice will be something along the lines of holding the bonds on trust indefinitely until the situation is clarified. This makes me a little nervous as there is no guarantee that CM will be around for a long time and DMS asset owners wouldn't be recognized at law as creditors if they went into liquidation (I'm not saying they will but we have to think about the worst that could happen).

The private investigator line might work; I've no experience of engaging such people though and don't know what chance of success there'd be or what cost is involved. It might short-circuit this whole saga though.

One thing I forgot to mention before, I also got a tip that the CM people don't know Deprived and really have no idea where he is either. While I cannot vouch for the source of the tip nothing I've seen indicates it's not true, either.

I give here an undertaking to at least email the 'top' half-a-dozen forensic expert firms in the UK by this Friday and ask if they know of Deprived based on the tips I've been given.

sorry for my ignorance but what is "IRL"?

also HowlingMad have been stewing on the DMS situation for awhile, I sent CM owners the below message earlier this month

Hello Kate and Team,

Now all DMS shareholders are concerned over Deprived's lack of appearance and when he does appear he is drunk.

We would like to liquidate the DMS shares and the assets to to with these shares and return the capital to the shareholders.

Ideally I would love Deprived to do this himself and would like to give him a 7 day time frame in which to pay the dividends of Deprived Mining and Deprived Purchasing.

It's been over 6 months now, and it's time

Now if he doesn't pay the dividends for the other securities we deem him not suitable for returning of capital of the DMS and we work on a very public complete list of DMS shareholders, their holders and a plan on how to sell the Ciphermine Bonds to repay them.

A few of us are concerned about if you give the capital straight to Deprived how promptly he will repay it.

I never got a response, but they are pretty busy at the moment.

hopefully your forensic fishing trip leads to something, again thanks for taking action!

JohnWasser

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:38:03 PM

Maybe it's this guy: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/jon-walklin/1a/b3a/a80

Jon Walklin's Experience

Director of Digital Forensics
Guidepost Solutions Limited
November 2013 – Present (6 months) London, United Kingdom

Director of Technology Development
May 2013 – Present (1 year)

Managing Director. Principal~Forensic Video
Diligence BSB Forensic
May 2011 – April 2013 (2 years)

Managing Director, Principal Forensic Video
BSB Forensic Limited
November 1997 – May 2011 (13 years 7 months)

Senior Consultant
Network Security Management
1991 – 1997 (6 years)
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:06:34 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 10:41:07 PM by stripykitteh

Maybe it's this guy: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/jon-walklin/1a/b3a/a80

Jon Walklin's Experience

Director of Digital Forensics
November 2013 – Present (6 months) London, United Kingdom

Director of Technology Development
May 2013 – Present (1 year)

Managing Director. Principal~Forensic Video
Diligence BSB Forensic
May 2011 – April 2013 (2 years)

Managing Director, Principal Forensic Video
BSB Forensic Limited
November 1997 – May 2011 (13 years 7 months)

Senior Consultant
Network Security Management
1991 – 1997 (6 years)

Well, I'd call that a potential match. According to their website Guidepost Solutions' London office is at:

25 Southampton Buildings
London WC2A 1AL
United Kingdom | Map >>
+44 (0) 20 3427 3448

Edit: I've asked one source about this potential match. I'll call that number when it's business hours in the UK again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:43:37 AM

Well, I just tried to ring Jon Walklin at his place of work, Guidepost Solutions.

I got the receptionist. I asked for Jon, and she said she didn't think he was in. She asked me my name. When I gave it, she asked me what country I was calling from (I guess my number came up on their phone as being outside the UK). So I said 'Australia'.

She put me on hold for about 2 minutes, then came back and said he had not been in the office for a couple of days. She did however confirm it *was* his normal place of work. I got an email address for him.

I wrote Jon a nice email basically asking him if he is actually Deprived, and if not, if he knows another 'Jon W' in the UK computer forensics field who might be.

If Jon Walklin denies being Deprived I would be very much inclined to believe him. Credibility is essential to being an expert witness and I don't think this is something worth lying about.

If he ignores me I'm happy to persist with ways of (legally) pursuing him to get a denial.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
inspiredinvestor

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 10:40:58 AM

Well, I just tried to ring Jon Walklin at his place of work, Guidepost Solutions.

I got the receptionist. I asked for Jon, and she said she didn't think he was in. She asked me my name. When I gave it, she asked me what country I was calling from (I guess my number came up on their phone as being outside the UK). So I said 'Australia'.

She put me on hold for about 2 minutes, then came back and said he had not been in the office for a couple of days. She did however confirm it *was* his normal place of work. I got an email address for him.

I wrote Jon a nice email basically asking him if he is actually Deprived, and if not, if he knows another 'Jon W' in the UK computer forensics field who might be.

If Jon Walklin denies being Deprived I would be very much inclined to believe him. Credibility is essential to being an expert witness and I don't think this is something worth lying about.

If he ignores me I'm happy to persist with ways of (legally) pursuing him to get a denial.

thanks for update stripykitteh, look forward to hearing his response.

twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:45:56 PM

Great work, stripykitteh-
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:20:38 PM

great work stripykitteh, keep us in the loop please
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:49:37 AM

Thanks a lot, JohnWasser and stripykitteh!
HowlingMad

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:25:25 AM

Well I have determined why Deprived has pooh pooh'd on CipherTrade:

According to their user agreement you have to be a professional investor or ‘high net worth individual’ in order to get an investors’ account. https://beta.ciphertrade.com/docs/membership_agreement  See item 5.3

In US parlance, that means your net worth has to be more than 1Mil USD.  

I had a separate purchase of Ciphermine.b1 and will be asking Wooddrake how the the user agreement is going to affect me.  I will keep you posted regarding.

IN OTHER NEWS:
Ukyo and WeExchange are allegedly giving your coins back but at the rate it is going, I will be deceased by then.  I have been able to get 0.32BTC out of them in the last month.  You can file your claims at:https://weexclaims.weexchange.co/ using your regular WeExchange logins, etc....

Any news on Inputs and Coinlenders?  Sorry for being lazy but my 70 hour work week Sad has not been conducive to web surfing.

I agree with everyone else, thanks much Stripey.

Windows 10, R280x * 3
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: