Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
mmpool

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 02:16:42 AM

@mmpool i do certainly understand what you are saying, however what do people expect me to do? the ixcoin testnet is non-existent. The original source did not contain a valid testnet, and creating one is a job in itself since a lot of the IXCoin code in particular has no seperation of code for mainnet and testnet which breaks a lot of things on testnet.
You test by taking creating a private network at difficulty 1. You don't use the testnet version of bitcoin or ixcoin.

The easiest way to do this is to have two bitcoin nodes and two ixcoin nodes. Have the bitcoin nodes connect to themselves and no other. Have the ixcoin nodes connect to themselves and no other. They will therefore not receive any blocks from the main network. This keeps them at difficulty one.

Then merge mine the bitcoin/ixcoins. Because they are both difficulty 1 networks when you find a bitcoin block it should immediately find an ixcoin block.

You may need to comment out some things in the bitcoin and ixcoin code related to checkpoints and 'switch on blocks' for the ixcoin merge mined functionality.

This is how I tested Friction's v8 client. I can do this in a week or two if you can't get to it.

mmpool.org - BTC Pool - DGM - pays tx fees/vardiff/merge mining/tor

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmpool

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 02:23:11 AM

If I can imagine myself in the position of the person running the pool or exchange I would NEVER  want a precompiled binary for nix from anyone.  I would want to build it myself. Anyone who has ever compiled this client knows that compiling it on windows is about 1000x harder than linux.  Since we do not use the gitan build system of bitcoin with a consensus of 3 identical builds I would find it odd that any large pool would trust anyone, even someone with my level of integrity  Tongue to make their daemon for them.
I agree with this, I'd never run a binary I didn't build myself on the pool.

Mmpool I would be very interested to know more technical details about exactly the issues you had and what code bases of all coin clients you were using at the time also the details of merged setup.....eloipool ?  , (if i recall p2pool merged mining was p2pool only on btc and you were basically solo for the auxuliary chains.  Also curious which version and details of the level db on the bitcoin, namecoin, i0 , dev and iX since having some 'mix and match' in my mind (nothing i tested so i could be incorrect) could cause some conflicts.
As I mentioned in a previous post, the example crash was when mmpool put into production the v8 update. I was using it as an example of why a big pool might be reluctant to pull in new clients in production without extensive testing. I've outlined a couple of posts back how I'd do the merge mining testing.

What is the canonical ixcoin github repo?

Would like the opinion of Ahmed, Gr , and even Mmpool about merging this.  A bit tricky since the original gitpull was done a long time ago and the core changed a lot since that time.
I don't really have an opinion on the direction of ixcoin. I have faith that the coin developers will take it in the best direction they see fit.

mmpool

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 02:25:56 AM

AFAIK MMPool runs sockpool with i guess some merged mining mod's.
I run a modified stratum server based on sockthing with a front end written in Ur/Web. The merge mining code is custom code written in ATS to handle the communiation between all the coin daemons.

mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:53:24 AM

yep i understand what you mean. I've done merged mining before but only on the main-net which is what makes it much more difficult. Since i dont currently have a box for my pool i cant do much testing. Otherwise i'd get the private network up and do the testing then.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 12:19:17 PM

Sorry you're having so much trouble, Ahmed.

Clearly, CEX is [once again] stalling.

And making us use up our resources, continuing to bleed us dry, like they have all along, while trying to make us look bad and pretending to offer help only to NEVER help with anything.

Today I had talks with a 2nd PhD senior Fellow From the Cato Institute, and God willing, we will soon rid ourselves of this dark plague, CEX.io, and all their two faced lying puppets.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 01:47:34 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 02:04:37 PM by Vlad2Vlad

I promised Jumbley I would own him yesterday but, unfortunately, I was too busy.

But now I've got 5 minutes to kill.

So Jumbley, our resident newbie, came in here hot, angry and aggressive, taking full charge, by force, of this community - but not ever doing one thing for iXCoin or for this community.

Very odd, no?

He behaves as if he owns iXCoin and as if this community should automatically obey his commands.

So one automatically knows this guy is a regular or someone who has reason to believe [in his own eyes] such shitty behavior is warranted [and actually a good idea].

But why use a sock puppet?  Oh, cause the real guy, besides being a coward, hasn't done much for IXC and is two faced so he has to hide.  Otherwise he would use his real identity and then people might listen if he had done so much for ixCoin and the people here.

So what do two faced cowards do?

They praise you to your face while stabbing you in your back.

Our Jumbley has done nothing constructive or helpful and in fact has only hurt and minimized the efforts of our hardest working members of the community with harsh criticism and attempts to push me out.  

All the while making nothing but excuses for CEX - the laziest, most selfish and greedy ixCoin community members of all.

[As if this clown could stand with the Optimum Optimorum]

Absurd!

I have been notified by various members of the IXC community that this angry coward has tried to bribe, manipulate and coerce community/board members behind my back in an attempt to take over ixCoin and to push me out.

Pretty bold [and extremely stupid] for a newbie who has never done anything for this coin but has instead managed to denigrate iXcoin's most loyal and hard working members.

Personally, I already know who Jumbley is, but I leave it to you to conclude for yourselves who could be so arrogant, aggressive and selfish.  

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 08:37:19 PM

ok a main net reboot run locally, understood,

@mmpool i do certainly understand what you are saying, however what do people expect me to do? the ixcoin testnet is non-existent. The original source did not contain a valid testnet, and creating one is a job in itself since a lot of the IXCoin code in particular has no seperation of code for mainnet and testnet which breaks a lot of things on testnet.
You test by taking creating a private network at difficulty 1. You don't use the testnet version of bitcoin or ixcoin.

The easiest way to do this is to have two bitcoin nodes and two ixcoin nodes. Have the bitcoin nodes connect to themselves and no other. Have the ixcoin nodes connect to themselves and no other. They will therefore not receive any blocks from the main network. This keeps them at difficulty one.

Then merge mine the bitcoin/ixcoins. Because they are both difficulty 1 networks when you find a bitcoin block it should immediately find an ixcoin block.

You may need to comment out some things in the bitcoin and ixcoin code related to checkpoints and 'switch on blocks' for the ixcoin merge mined functionality.

This is how I tested Friction's v8 client. I can do this in a week or two if you can't get to it.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
mrbodz

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:21:03 PM

yep, going to have to make some mod's to the source to do since the mm hard fork took place quite late on so it'd take quite some time to mine out.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 11:46:02 PM

Notice:

Guys, I am going through some very serious and incredibly painful personal family issues right now so I'm gonna try and take a step back for the next 2 weeks to gather myself.

Besides this code update which is pretty much done I don't think there is anything which needs to be done by me.

My personal issues which are the hardest things I have ever had to face in my life are magnified by the unreasonable and unwarranted personal attacks against me by a couple people here who want to get rid of me [without just cause].

That said, I spoke to Dr. Dowd again today [from the Cato Institute] and part of his advice was to take a step back from everything and so I'm going to take his advice.

I'll try to check in but I'm gonna try really hard to just relax and not think about iXCoin and all the bad things which have been happening here for the past month.

I apologize - please bear with me, I will do my best to come back in top mental shape.

Thank you Cinnamon and Ahmed (and groundrod and everyone else) for the work you are doing to keep things moving along.

And thank you CEX for working on testing 9.3, and I apologize for calling you the "dark plague".  Regardless of how I personally feel - such personal attacks are never a good thing nor professional so for that remark I am truly sorry.

Best Regards...

Vlad

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:08:38 PM

So very odd.  With the entire crypto world crashing, I would expect to see folks selling their IXC.

Very odd that I don't see major selling in any of the major IXC exchanges (i.e. CEX.IO, Cryptsy).

22 million IXC coins and you can barely buy 10,000 IXC anywhere!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:08:58 PM

22? Did they grow overnight? Lol
They are not dollars. We cannot 'print' a million of fake iXcoin.
To be precise: 20,999,906 theorical iXcoin, if we count in even the lost ones.
If you would buy 30k ixc now in one shot, you'd probably double the price.
Odd indeed.

21 million, I stand corrected.  Probably less than that considering all the lost wallets and hacked exchanges over the past several years.

Just on my gut observations, it appears that less than one million IXC has been traded over the exchanges over the past year or so.

There must be only very few major holders left, probably this would include CEX.IO and Thomas.   

There's of course Vlad who accumulated like maybe 400,000 - 600,000 IXC.  There's that guy over at ixco.in who probably bought around 350,000 last year.

It's hard to get rich on this unless you have the balls to buy out all the available IXC on sale and invest heavily on development and getting this deployed in CEX.IO      It's a good coin, but the speculators have all but abandoned this coin.     

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 10:13:39 PM

I'm gonna take a 2 week break from IXC for personal reasons but I have to post this first.

I have had some honest and open talks with CEX over the past 24 hours, and they never tried to push me out.  It was just one individual here who is not happy with the fact CEX stepped off the board and is blaming me for it.

I feel very guilty that I reacted the way I did and attacked CEX and got so personal and unprofessional in the process.

Jeffrey was on a long Christmas vacation which is why he did not respond to my questions about the 9.3 update.

Jeffrey has also promised me more open and transparent communications.  And another thing I did not know is the fact CEX.io is working on many internal projects out of which IXC is just one of them.

As a result, they cannot be there every minute of the day to hold our hand.  But rest assured, work is being done on iXcoin and hopefully we will soon see the fruit of all this labor.

So again, my apologies to CEX.io and to the IXC community - being in an already volatile and painful state of mind, I allowed one individual to get to me and I will not allow that happen again.

And I wanna thank Jeffrey Smith for his continued work on iXcoin and for his patience with me during this difficult time, I'm not sure I would have been as understanding as he has been with a guy like me.

Best regards,

Vlad

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:31:42 PM

Vlad,

Despite some of my criticism, I think you are the right man for the job and I think you've been doing a great job. I look forward to what you bring in the future.

No more complaints from me. Wink

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 11:28:10 PM

What's the best way to get cash right away for Bitcoin?  How can someone sell a Bitcoin or two right now for cash?

Coinbase takes too long and I heard localbitcoins are full of scammers.

There's a Bitcoin ATM downtown but they want photo ID and other personal info.

mrbodz

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:32:23 PM

i use localbitcoins. Since it uses escrow just check that the money comes in your bank before releasing
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 11:49:51 PM

i use localbitcoins. Since it uses escrow just check that the money comes in your bank before releasing

That takes time.  I could use PayPal if I had 3 days.

It's ok, I think I can get ~$200 for my ass in way less time.  lol

mrbodz

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:30:02 AM

it only takes a few mins. You using bank transfer?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 12:51:41 AM

it only takes a few mins. You using bank transfer?

I have no idea how localbitcoins works.  Usually bank transfers take days.

It's ok, I found a friend to buy straight from me. 

I never knew how expensive lawyers could be.  Greedy bastards!!!!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 04:58:39 AM

For anyone else looking to cash out BTC quickly, I found these guys to be efficient and legit.

Bitquick.co

Cheers!

kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:27:21 PM

There must be only very few major holders left, probably this would include CEX.IO and Thomas.  

There's of course Vlad who accumulated like maybe 400,000 - 600,000 IXC.  There's that guy over at ixco.in who probably bought around 350,000 last year.

The guys at ixco.in appears to have bailed on us.  The site has been down for about a month, and the electrum wallet they developed is also down.  It's strange they would buy up all that ixcoin and not stick with their business plan.  I doubt they even sold their ixcoin or we would have noticed.  

Has anyone heard from ixco.in since their site went down?

Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: